Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,982 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:16 AM

This Is What My Friend Who Went To America For Masters Degree Told Me Today - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / This Is What My Friend Who Went To America For Masters Degree Told Me Today (10082 Views)

Dr. Bukola Bello: Mum Who Went Back To School After 4 Kids, Graduates With A PhD / Think Twice Before Going For Masters Degree (m.sc) - Vincent Adeoba / Lady Who Got Pregnant At 17 Obtains Her Masters Degree At 24 (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Is What My Friend Who Went To America For Masters Degree Told Me Today by libertyhope2017: 9:34pm On Oct 14, 2017
This my friend is going to Standford and today he called me back home and told me...do you know who the white professor mentioned as one of leading founders of internet? He says Dr. Philip Emeagwali. That after the lecture, he approached the professor, a white man mind you, and asked him about the controversy surrounding his name as the founders of internet, the professor told him, the truth is we that have extensive research in this field for over 40 yrs know Dr. Emeagweali works as a young man, I knew him personally as a PhD student, and as with many others in the field, we know that his research and discoveries are the corner stone to the birth of internet. He went further, had he been a white man, no doubt he would be crowned the father of internet. Mind you this my friend is not Igbo, he was among those who bought into this propaganda that Dr. Emeagwali was a fraud, but find it striking that he his on all books they are using this semester, all books written by white men, citing him as one of the leading founders of internet.

28 Likes 6 Shares

Re: This Is What My Friend Who Went To America For Masters Degree Told Me Today by Nobody: 9:37pm On Oct 14, 2017
imagine........oyinbos are the greatest enemy of the blacks.

11 Likes

Re: This Is What My Friend Who Went To America For Masters Degree Told Me Today by bot101(m): 9:38pm On Oct 14, 2017
hehehehe...

Mynd44, Lalasticlala... Snake oooo!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Is What My Friend Who Went To America For Masters Degree Told Me Today by Horlufemi(m): 9:39pm On Oct 14, 2017
your post was making sense until you put Igbo. I didn't even notice the Igbo name until you pointed it out. My brother you are human before you became Igbo

Nairaland must end this Tribalism on here. Tribalism is as good as Racism

Let's stop thinking one is better than the other. We all stink.

155 Likes 10 Shares

Re: This Is What My Friend Who Went To America For Masters Degree Told Me Today by Opakan2: 9:40pm On Oct 14, 2017
How you people tell yourselves these heavy lies and still sleep at night is beyond me.

When was the igbo race discovered sef to start with and who gave you education

Peraon wey see una wey no run don enter one chance

19 Likes

Re: This Is What My Friend Who Went To America For Masters Degree Told Me Today by Buharimustgo: 9:42pm On Oct 14, 2017
Hmmmm
Re: This Is What My Friend Who Went To America For Masters Degree Told Me Today by Nobody: 9:43pm On Oct 14, 2017
The day obama said, they believe in politics not merit (world bank md position.) is the day i started to have hatred for the white.
Re: This Is What My Friend Who Went To America For Masters Degree Told Me Today by BuhariNaWah: 9:46pm On Oct 14, 2017
Buharimustgo:
Hmmmm

Your moniker tho'
Re: This Is What My Friend Who Went To America For Masters Degree Told Me Today by naijafortruth: 9:49pm On Oct 14, 2017
Afonjas posters above are already insulting oyibos/white people.Lol. If you want Afonjas to attack you, just say something good about Igbos, you automatically become their enemy. LOL...confused envious people!

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: This Is What My Friend Who Went To America For Masters Degree Told Me Today by BlackDBagba: 9:53pm On Oct 14, 2017
Ok
Re: This Is What My Friend Who Went To America For Masters Degree Told Me Today by Opakan2: 9:55pm On Oct 14, 2017
biafranation:

Afonja...any mention of Igbos in success, they rear their envy head in anger and hate. Are Igbos competing with you people? Are you our mate? This is the kind of insult Igbos receive in this country? If yorubaas are man enough, agree to separation of this country as Igbos are clamoring for, you will know who Igbos. You hide under one Nigeria with gross marginalization of Igbos to drag feet with Igbos.

drag feet with igbos kwanu.. wonders shall never end

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is What My Friend Who Went To America For Masters Degree Told Me Today by Oblang(m): 9:56pm On Oct 14, 2017
Good to know...
Re: This Is What My Friend Who Went To America For Masters Degree Told Me Today by auntysimbiat(f): 9:57pm On Oct 14, 2017
Cool story
Re: This Is What My Friend Who Went To America For Masters Degree Told Me Today by SalamRushdie: 10:04pm On Oct 14, 2017
Please enough of these Emeagwali lies , we have not still recovered from the Mr integrity lies Buhari rode on to power

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Is What My Friend Who Went To America For Masters Degree Told Me Today by Nobody: 10:10pm On Oct 14, 2017
Fuc..king lie...Emeagwai was is and never will be the father of the internet, una dey deceive una self...when you guys dont read..Patenting has long been used in the U.S. Nigerians and almost there syndrome

9 Likes

Re: This Is What My Friend Who Went To America For Masters Degree Told Me Today by thedondada(m): 10:44pm On Oct 14, 2017
This op has no sense.

Why? The father of the internet.

When the internet started that dude didn't even know what a computer looked like.

15 Likes

Re: This Is What My Friend Who Went To America For Masters Degree Told Me Today by seguno2: 11:07pm On Oct 14, 2017
Horlufemi:
your post was making sense until you put Igbo. I didn't even notice the Igbo name until you pointed it out. My brother you are human before you became Igbo

Nairaland must end this Tribalism on here. Tribalism is as good as Racism

Let's stop thinking one is better than the other. We all stink.

Well said!
Very well said!!
Thanks!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is What My Friend Who Went To America For Masters Degree Told Me Today by seguno2: 11:09pm On Oct 14, 2017
SalamRushdie:
Please enough of these Emeagwali lies , we have not still recovered from the Mr integrity lies Buhari road on to power

Abeg no kee person with laff o jare. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is What My Friend Who Went To America For Masters Degree Told Me Today by Desyner: 11:13pm On Oct 14, 2017
libertyhope2017:
This my friend is going to Standford and today he called me back home and told me...do you know who the white professor mentioned as one of leading founders of internet? He says Dr. Philip Emeagwali. That after the lecture, he approached the professor, a white man mind you, and asked him about the controversy surrounding his name as the founders of internet, the professor told him, the truth is we that have extensive research in this field for over 40 yrs know Dr. Emeagweali works as a young man, I knew him personally as a PhD student, and as with many others in the field, we know that his research and discoveries are the corner stone to the birth of internet. He went further, had he been a white man, no doubt he would be crowned the father of internet. Mind you this my friend is not Igbo, he was among those who bought into this propaganda that Dr. Emeagwali was a fraud, but find it striking that he his on all books they are using this semester, all books written by white men, citing him as one of the leading founders of internet.
Stop lying. What emegweali did doesn't qualify him as even the errand boy of the internet.

11 Likes

Re: This Is What My Friend Who Went To America For Masters Degree Told Me Today by handsomebanana(m): 11:52pm On Oct 14, 2017
Father of the Internet!!! Laugh wan tear my boxers.

Abeg guy, go read history of d internet. When work start on am, there neva even born d Philip guy.

Make we even 4get Internet self, talk of World Wide Web. D credit goes to Sir Tim Berners Lee wey win turing award last year.

So wetin Philip kon do. Ask ur friend make e ask d prof 2 explain more. D Philip guy just be like one useless indian boy wey dey follow "Ray Tomlinson" drag for inventor of email.

D only result of Philip in d search query 'father of the internet" na from e yeye website.

Guy 4get dat Maya

Infact check dis link if u go even smell e name

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Internet_pioneers

2 Likes

Re: This Is What My Friend Who Went To America For Masters Degree Told Me Today by Pehlouhme(m): 12:15am On Oct 15, 2017
Good evening.. Please i need your suggestions on this.
Am about to go study Human kinetics education in the university, but am troubled about it job opportunities when am a degree holder!!!!
Please i need enlightenment should i go or take jamb again?
Re: This Is What My Friend Who Went To America For Masters Degree Told Me Today by Nobody: 12:18am On Oct 15, 2017
�blacks are actually their own greatest enemy
shervydman:
imagine........oyinbos are the greatest enemy of the blacks.

2 Likes

Re: This Is What My Friend Who Went To America For Masters Degree Told Me Today by twentyk(m): 12:44am On Oct 15, 2017
biafranation:

Afonja...any mention of Igbos in success, they rear their envy head in anger and hate. Are Igbos competing with you people? Are you our mate? This is the kind of insult Igbos receive in this country? If yorubaas are man enough, agree to separation of this country as Igbos are clamoring for, you will know who Igbos are. Lets separate, you be on your own, and Igbos on their own, and we compete and see. You hide under one Nigeria with gross marginalization of Igbos to drag feet with Igbos. SMH
im sorry but why do you need 'yorubas to be man enough and agree to your secession before you secede....y dont you lots be man enough and fight your secession Yourselves....i dont understand you people and till date i think you guys are the architect of whatever condition you find yourselves....play your game right you ibo people and maybe just maybe you'd be called to the table of the BIG BOYS...
Abi nor be d same 9ja wee day...abi nor be d same suffering we dey suffer...shay dem tell una say south west or north or middle belt get 24hour electricity but east no get abi dem dey share money for all states except for ibo states...
Abeg if you people wanna go,start packing ur loads outta lagos nd be going to enugu asap den we will take u guys Serious...but na lie come Monday u go see dem full ladipo,alaba etc selling spare parts and doin normal yet dem go say yoruba people no wan make dem go,naija people are scared of allowing ibo people go blah bla...
Bros if you talk dah shi again monkey pox def fall on you...cowards...

12 Likes

Re: This Is What My Friend Who Went To America For Masters Degree Told Me Today by komododragons: 1:46am On Oct 15, 2017
libertyhope2017:
so make we fry beans undecided

why did I even read this jargons.
Re: This Is What My Friend Who Went To America For Masters Degree Told Me Today by chime8(m): 3:53am On Oct 15, 2017
ALL WE NEED FROM OUR GOVERNMENT IS EMPOWERMENT.
THEN WATCH US OVERTAKE THE WHITE FOLKS.
WE GAT THE BRAIN
GIVE US THE RESOURCES AND FINANCIAL BACKING.
GOD BLESS NIGERIA
Re: This Is What My Friend Who Went To America For Masters Degree Told Me Today by Nobody: 5:37am On Oct 15, 2017
Person wey still dey nigeria when internet started

1 Like

Re: This Is What My Friend Who Went To America For Masters Degree Told Me Today by casa101(m): 5:43am On Oct 15, 2017
libertyhope2017:

Are you just knowing that today.. That man is a wizard but the nonsense white ppl will never recognise him.. I can remember in my Jss1 in 2000/2001 one white lecturer that visited our school mentioned him as the brain behind what is happening in our computer age

3 Likes

Re: This Is What My Friend Who Went To America For Masters Degree Told Me Today by Hemcy1(m): 6:36am On Oct 15, 2017
I hissed at this post when I read the word "IGBO".

People with de@d brain.

1 Like

Re: This Is What My Friend Who Went To America For Masters Degree Told Me Today by Uyi168: 6:53am On Oct 15, 2017
Pehlouhme:
Good evening.. Please i need your suggestions on this.
Am about to go study Human kinetics education in the university, but am troubled about it job opportunities when am a degree holder!!!!
Please i need enlightenment should i go or take jamb again?
..any other option open to u?
Re: This Is What My Friend Who Went To America For Masters Degree Told Me Today by libertyhope2017: 7:17am On Oct 15, 2017
casa101:

Are you just knowing that today.. That man is a wizard but the nonsense white ppl will never recognise him.. I can remember in my Jss1 in 2000/2001 one white lecturer that visited our school mentioned him as the brain behind what is happening in our computer age

It's unfortunate to see afonjas above hating...hating for no reason.

1 Like

Re: This Is What My Friend Who Went To America For Masters Degree Told Me Today by Threecrownz(m): 7:43am On Oct 15, 2017
That man is a genius!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Some of the top and affordable schools in ijebu-ode, Ogun state. / How I Got A Fully Funded Scholarship To Study Abroad! A Personal Experience / Nnpc/chevron Jv Scholarship Results Out! Urgent Urgent Urgent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.