Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,493 members, 7,801,273 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:12 PM

How To Answer The Question "Where Did Jesus Say, 'I Am God, Worship Me''? - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Answer The Question "Where Did Jesus Say, 'I Am God, Worship Me''? (43735 Views)

Does God Answer The Prayers Of Yahoo Boys And Call Girls? / Where Did Jesus Say, “i Am God, Worship Me ”? / Please Show Me In Your Bible Where Jesus Says I Am God And You Should Worship Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Answer The Question "Where Did Jesus Say, 'I Am God, Worship Me''? by Afamed: 6:39pm On Apr 01, 2018
patomberekpe:
This is the reason prophet Elijah told them to call their god,while he will call his own God,we all know what happened.i can't remember the name of muhamed doing wonders,let me shock you,the name of God can not do anything except the name of Jesus.
Psalm 14:1 . The fool says in his heart " There is no God".
Re: How To Answer The Question "Where Did Jesus Say, 'I Am God, Worship Me''? by Afamed: 6:42pm On Apr 01, 2018
patomberekpe:
This is the reason prophet Elijah told them to call their god,while he will call his own God,we all know what happened.i can't remember the name of muhamed doing wonders,let me shock you,the name of God can not do anything except the name of Jesus.
Psalm 14:1. The fool says in his heart " There is no God".
Re: How To Answer The Question "Where Did Jesus Say, 'I Am God, Worship Me''? by Nobody: 6:43pm On Apr 01, 2018
Originakalokalo:

The 24 elders worshiped Jesus.

After the ressurection, the disciples worshiped Jesus.

Well done.

The gospel is foolishness to the Greek (the thinkers)

It is a stumbling block to the Religious (ie the Jews... Mosaic Law and then gospel. They stumble)

To those who are saved,

The gospel is the power and wisdom of God.

Son is father. It the wisdom and the power of God.

You forgot to add the Islamist to the religious.They copied entire concepts from the Jews and also you didn't add to Greek the Grail adherents, Eckists, Mormons, etc
Re: How To Answer The Question "Where Did Jesus Say, 'I Am God, Worship Me''? by fabre4: 6:49pm On Apr 01, 2018
Afamed:

How do you want me to believe in your abracadabra? Jesus the God, Jesus the son of God and holy spirit. You are a set of confused people. The same Christian writer claimed here that Jesus is God, now you have come again here to proclaim Jesus as son of God. Are you people confused?

Well no need explaining to u then.
The child of a dog is a dog
Child of a human is a human
The son of a lion is a lion
So is the son of God, God
Re: How To Answer The Question "Where Did Jesus Say, 'I Am God, Worship Me''? by jnfoage: 6:51pm On Apr 01, 2018
fabre4:

Well no need explaining to u then.
The child of a dog is a dog
Child of a human is a human
The son of a lion is a lion
So is the son of God, God
But are you not the son of God too? I thought christians call themselves children of God. So by extension, you are also God. Keep running from pillar to post explaining nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: How To Answer The Question "Where Did Jesus Say, 'I Am God, Worship Me''? by Nobody: 6:52pm On Apr 01, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
You can get it twisted all you want. That's what you islamists do.

Because they spring from the evil stock of Shaytan just like the Jewish Leaders who were rebellious only seeking to continuously twist the truth like they did to the Truth(Jesus)himself while he was here on Earth.

alBhagdadi. May the spirit of Truth continue to guide you. You don't know the impact you make when you continue to expose these lies of Satan.

1 Like

Re: How To Answer The Question "Where Did Jesus Say, 'I Am God, Worship Me''? by Nobody: 7:11pm On Apr 01, 2018
goodmanjustice:

I do not actually know the fulcrum of your argument, but I'll make some guesses to aid me offer a response. I reckon your argument is that Jesus is God almighty himself. But there is a structural lapse in your offering which puts a strain on the edifies of opinion you hold out. First your position shows you are discussing two entities. Whether you agree or not is immaterial, for Jesus says in John 14:28..You heard that I said to you...the father is greater than I am. In the account of Colossians 1: 15, apostle Paul referred to Jesus as the "image of th invisible God, the first born of all creation"...Jesus thus was created, hence, he who created him must be greater. Is it any wonder then that Jesus on a number of occasion while on earth said he had come to do the will of the one that sent him. In fact, on the night of his death, the pain was so much that he wished things changed, but as it was, it wasn't in his powers to change the tide. Prior to the selection of his disciples, Jesus was said to have prayed all night to make the right choice, to whom was he praying, if he had that much power, why did he need to be guided. Again, whose voice came down from heaven to confirm Jesus' sonship at his baptism, perhaps it was Jesus'own voice that said to Jesus" this is my son with whom I am well pleased"? During the transfiguration , the same voice boomed from heaven but with the addition "listen to him". Throughout Jesus ministry on earth, he made it clear that he was a messenger, he never arrogated powers to himself, he referred his listeners to a Being greater than he. .. Your argument obviously touches on the relationship between Jesus and God the almighty. Whether we accept it or not, Jesus himself has accepted his position as the second in command, a perfect representation of his father. He did not say "no one comes to me except through me" but no one comes to the father, we all are going to the father, Jesus is a means, hid father, the end...Happy Sunday brothers and sisters

"The Image of the Invisible God"

When you look in the mirror.

Whose reflection so you see?

Does it infer the image in the mirror is distinct from you standing in front of it?

Once people understand that YOU ONLY NEED TO MODEL AFTER CHRIST and you have automatically modelled after God then there would be no dispute about trying to divide them up like they some several gods.

1 Corinthians 1:18-31 comes to mind.

You honour Christ then you have honoured God. All of these dispute about emphasing that Jehovah or Allah's name stems from the fact that you have rejected his very image(Jesus) on Earth.
Re: How To Answer The Question "Where Did Jesus Say, 'I Am God, Worship Me''? by Endosteed(m): 7:13pm On Apr 01, 2018
The child of Noah is Noah.chaiiiiii there is God oooo
Re: How To Answer The Question "Where Did Jesus Say, 'I Am God, Worship Me''? by Vecto(m): 7:15pm On Apr 01, 2018
DavidEsq:

Wat line of reasoning again. Abeg I go chop. The food over sweet me, I com forget that line of reasoning wey u dey talk about

Arguing two different people must be the same simply because they share the same title.
Re: How To Answer The Question "Where Did Jesus Say, 'I Am God, Worship Me''? by Vecto(m): 7:18pm On Apr 01, 2018
Emusan:

Since you don't know Jesus preexisted His earthly mission, then it shows the level you can go to twist the scripture including those one you're quoting.

Humans don't preexist their birth. I was once a modalist and I can assure; I've studied all verses in the scripture which a trinitarian would use when trying to prove literal preexistence.

Figurative preexistence seems plausible judging by the number of times its used in the bible.

1 Like

Re: How To Answer The Question "Where Did Jesus Say, 'I Am God, Worship Me''? by Afamed: 7:19pm On Apr 01, 2018
jnfoage:

But are you not the son of God too? I thought christians call themselves children of God. So by extension, you are also God. Keep running from pillar to post explaining nonsense.
My brother these people are full of contradiction. The Op, a Christian said Jesus is God, another Christian writer here said Jesus is son of God another one just surfaced now proclaiming that there is no God but Jesus.
Re: How To Answer The Question "Where Did Jesus Say, 'I Am God, Worship Me''? by jnfoage: 7:32pm On Apr 01, 2018
Afamed:

My brother these people are full of contradiction. The Op, a Christian said Jesus is God, another Christian writer here said Jesus is son of God another one just surfaced now proclaiming that there is no God but Jesus.
All point to one thing, it is a religion invented by man. That is how they will keep confusing themselves. Their defence for one concept will be in direct conflict with another concept which itself is also opposing another previous concept and so on. They know the whole thing is rubbish but won't just accept in good faith. So now there is no God again but Jesus? Very confused people.

1 Like

Re: How To Answer The Question "Where Did Jesus Say, 'I Am God, Worship Me''? by enimooko: 7:46pm On Apr 01, 2018
One person is lying on this thread. It is either Jesus is God or he is not?
Re: How To Answer The Question "Where Did Jesus Say, 'I Am God, Worship Me''? by eherbal(m): 7:49pm On Apr 01, 2018
jnfoage:

All point to one thing, it is a religion invented by man. That is how they will keep confusing themselves. Their defence for one concept will be in direct conflict with another concept which itself is also opposing another previous concept and so on. They know the whole thing is rubbish but won't just accept in good faith. So now there is no God again but Jesus? Very confused people.
they keep wandering about blindly like one groping in the dark.very hopeless and lost undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Answer The Question "Where Did Jesus Say, 'I Am God, Worship Me''? by ibtz: 7:56pm On Apr 01, 2018
JimaeChinko:

"The Image of the Invisible God"

When you look in the mirror.

Whose reflection so you see?

Does it infer the image in the mirror is distinct from you standing in front of it?

Once people understand that YOU ONLY NEED TO MODEL AFTER CHRIST and you have automatically modelled after God then there would be no dispute about trying to divide them up like they some several gods.

1 Corinthians 1:18-31 comes to mind.

You honour Christ then you have honoured God. All of these dispute about emphasing that Jehovah or Allah's name stems from the fact that you have rejected his very image(Jesus) on Earth.

Lol u said "try to divide THEM up like they some several gods"

i believe in English grammar, THEM is used for multiple entities not singular ONE.
IT is christians dat say 1 is 3 and say it is 1. who is doing d division

And i believe dat guy u replied quoted dis
Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
Colossians:1:15

First born of every creature, frm dat verse it is implied dat jesus is a creature, u are a creature, then why worship creature over CREATOR CREATOR IS FAR GREATER THAN CREATION OR CREATURE AND CANNOT BE COMPARED OR EQUALLED

when the CREATOR himself created evrytin without anybody's help. THE CREATOR does not sleep, eat, drink, die, shit, piss but he has a son?? to take over what when he wud never die, nor tire over his creations.
HE GIVES SUSTENACE WITHOUT ANYBODY'S HELP,
HE MAINTAINS THE HEAVENS WITHOUT ANYBODY'S HELP

The God that destroyed people who worshipped anything other than Him now turned around and said oya worship my son,(according to you ppl)
is dat not double standards

Or your saying that God now fathered his own son from his own creation,(Mary)
is that not accusing God of incest!!!!

Glory be to God, for he is above all that!!!

1 Like

Re: How To Answer The Question "Where Did Jesus Say, 'I Am God, Worship Me''? by benji93: 8:12pm On Apr 01, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
You are very funny.

Your last underlined sentence is the thoughts of the people around, many of whom didn't know of Jesus deity. That was why they made that statement.

Moreover, Jesus was fully man and fully divine on earth.

If you say God gave him the authority to forgive sins just as the people thought (which he didn't say), then don't you think God was giving him His own responsibility? Why was Jesus so special that God gave him that much power to do things only He Can do?

Even the verse you quoted showed that some of the people said he was blaspheming when he forgave the man's sins. They knew only God can make such statement.

Now, why would God give man such authority when it is clear that many will see that to mean such a person is God?

That was God's aim.

.The God of the Bible is not like Allah whom the Quran said deceived people into thinking Jesus was killed, whereas he wasn't; Allah lifted him up to heaven. That single account shows Allah messed up cos his action of deceiving the people led to the creation of Christianity, the biggest and only peaceful religion today.
you said: Now, why would God give man such authority when it is clear that many will see that to mean such a person is God? The use of the word clear, only supports a logically acceptable implication of an event, meanwhile the thought of God does not have to comform to man's thought, and the guy you are responding does not assume, those were the words of Jesus, as told. Matthew 28:18: And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me". We cannot choose which words, phrases or clauses in the Bible cna be taken literaly or which words can only be discernible by the direciton of the spirit.
Re: How To Answer The Question "Where Did Jesus Say, 'I Am God, Worship Me''? by benji93: 8:25pm On Apr 01, 2018
ibtz:

Lol u said "try to divide THEM up like they some several gods"

i believe in English grammar, THEM is used for multiple entities not singular ONE.
IT is christians dat say 1 is 3 and say it is 1. who is doing d division

And i believe dat guy u replied quoted dis
Colossians:1:15

First born of every creature, frm dat verse it is implied dat jesus is a creature, u are a creature, then why worship creature over CREATOR CREATOR IS FAR GREATER THAN CREATION OR CREATURE AND CANNOT BE COMPARED OR EQUALLED

when the CREATOR himself created evrytin without anybody's help. THE CREATOR does not sleep, eat, drink, die, shit, piss but he has a son?? to take over what when he wud never die, nor tire over his creations.

The God that destroyed people who worshipped anything other than Him now turned around and said oya worship my son,(according to you ppl)

Pls do well to include your translation next time, the quoted scripture does not use "of" it uses "over",
Colossians 1 vs 15(NIV Version): The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation, so the quoted does not necessarily mean he is a creature, neither does it assert that he is the creator, i could interprete that as "first born, who reigns over all creation" now the meaning of the first born is a different thing, in the ocntext it could mean that Paul was speaking in relation to a consideration that he is a Son of God himself. So it is more agreeable to refer to a higher Son as the first born, it does not necessarily have to describe the person of Jesus as a creator or a creation, but it could be in relation to his(Paul's) status as Son of God. Notice i have used several but's there. The owrd of God does not always speak literaly, you need the spirit of God to teach you the truth.
Re: How To Answer The Question "Where Did Jesus Say, 'I Am God, Worship Me''? by ibtz: 8:50pm On Apr 01, 2018
benji93:

Pls do well to include your translation next time, the quoted scripture does not use "of" it uses "over",
Colossians 1 vs 15(NIV Version): The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation, so the quoted does not necessarily mean he is a creature, neither does it assert that he is the creator, i could interprete that as "first born, who reigns over all creation" now the meaning of the first born is a different thing, in the ocntext it could mean that Paul was speaking in relation to a consideration that he is a Son of God himself. So it is more agreeable to refer to a higher Son as the first born, it does not necessarily have to describe the person of Jesus as a creator or a creation, but it could be in relation to his(Paul's) status as Son of God. Notice i have used several but's there. The owrd of God does not always speak literaly, you need the spirit of God to teach you the truth.

Colossians:1:15 (kjv) king james version
it is one of your biblessss!!! please pick it up

Now choose one. is d verse talking about jesus or is it talking about paul because i think from ur own words "in the ocntext it could mean that Paul was speaking in relation to a consideration that he is a Son of God himself"
u are trying to say that paul is a son of god!!! am not understanding!!!

i guess u wud choose jesus because if u say paul u are now saying paul is the firstborn to reign over all creation

i think english grammar says firstborn is your first child, now u say we shud not take d word of God literally but then why do u christians take literally verses that try to assert that jesus is God or Son of God.
one bible says of, another says over, contradiction in plain sight!!!!

which brings us back to dis !!!
whichever one it is of or over!!! firstborn na firstborn.

if the word firstborn shud not be taken literally den u contradict ur doctrine and ursef which says jesus is the begotten son of God!!! abi reason it well b4 u reply

when the CREATOR himself created evrytin without anybody's help. THE CREATOR does not sleep, eat, drink, die, poo, piss but he has a son?? to take over what when he wud never die, nor tire over his creations.

Re: How To Answer The Question "Where Did Jesus Say, 'I Am God, Worship Me''? by fabre4: 9:04pm On Apr 01, 2018
jnfoage:

...Jesus is his only begotten son we are called sons of God because we believe in Jesus. Sometimes you people complicate things for yourself and it becomes hard to understand.
Re: How To Answer The Question "Where Did Jesus Say, 'I Am God, Worship Me''? by wiseman1494(m): 9:15pm On Apr 01, 2018
iamgenius:

Did you hear yourself at all? You said Jesus is not a representation of God BUT GOD HIMSELF, and you are now saying JESUS IS NOT THE ENTIRE GID HIMSELF. Read what youwrite again and tell me if you made any sense.

If you say Jesus is part of God, now tell me God consist of how many parts?

3 parts, if u don't know u don't know. period!!
Re: How To Answer The Question "Where Did Jesus Say, 'I Am God, Worship Me''? by jnfoage: 9:27pm On Apr 01, 2018
fabre4:
...Jesus is his only begotten son we are called sons of God because we believe in Jesus. Sometimes you people complicate things for yourself and it becomes hard to understand.
So now that Jesus being his only begotten son is also a God, there are two Gods? Or what exactly are you saying? undecided. And what is the status of marry being the mother of one of the Gods?
Re: How To Answer The Question "Where Did Jesus Say, 'I Am God, Worship Me''? by ibtz: 10:01pm On Apr 01, 2018
wiseman1494:
3 parts, if u don't know u don't know. period!!
3 parts is 3 distinct or 3 same elements
For example a car. an engine is a part, a tire is a part, fan is a part.

1 engine part + 1 tyre part + 1 fan part is it equal to 1 engine or is a tyre equal to an engine!!! 3 distinct parts

or keys in a key bunch 1 key is part of the bunch
1 key + 1 key + 1 key is equal to what 3 keys (it doesn't matter if they are d same or different, they make up 3 keys.

1 god+ 1god + 1god is equal to what
or 1 toyota car + 1 toyota car + 1 toyota car ==

i wud leave u to answer that. pls answer correctly

Den u know it is 3 not 1.
Re: How To Answer The Question "Where Did Jesus Say, 'I Am God, Worship Me''? by fabre4: 10:14pm On Apr 01, 2018
jnfoage:

So now that Jesus being his only begotten son is also a God, there are two Gods? Or what exactly are you saying? undecided. And what is the status of marry being the mother of one of the Gods?

Mary will always be the earthly mother of Jesus remember when he came to earth he came as man cos he was given birth to by a human....
Re: How To Answer The Question "Where Did Jesus Say, 'I Am God, Worship Me''? by jnfoage: 10:15pm On Apr 01, 2018
fabre4:

Mary will always be the earthly mother of Jesus remember when he came to earth he came as man cos he was given birth to by a human....
Okay. But how many Gods do we have in existence now? And you mean Mary being the earthly mother of God? You people are just too funny.

1 Like

Re: How To Answer The Question "Where Did Jesus Say, 'I Am God, Worship Me''? by paleson(m): 10:21pm On Apr 01, 2018
That means you are not reading your holy bible, but please can you translate this verse for me? Luke 4:7-8.
Re: How To Answer The Question "Where Did Jesus Say, 'I Am God, Worship Me''? by doctorbabs(m): 10:34pm On Apr 01, 2018
emerged01:
They will soon be here.

Stupidity of highest order. Continue deceiving yourself and. Your fellow mumus. It will soon down on you
Re: How To Answer The Question "Where Did Jesus Say, 'I Am God, Worship Me''? by gretblue: 10:39pm On Apr 01, 2018
enimooko:
One person is lying on this thread. It is either Jesus is God or he is not?
It's well my brother.
Re: How To Answer The Question "Where Did Jesus Say, 'I Am God, Worship Me''? by fabre4: 10:40pm On Apr 01, 2018
jnfoage:

Okay. But how many Gods do we have in existence now? And you mean Mary being the earthly mother of God? You people are just too funny.

Oga am tired u no dey pay me o and its not like u are asking this question to learn...I
U are looking for loopholes which you won't find. You expected a baby to just drop from heaven? In human form? Nope he had to come the way other humans came so on earth he wanted to and was treated as man not God
Re: How To Answer The Question "Where Did Jesus Say, 'I Am God, Worship Me''? by jnfoage: 10:42pm On Apr 01, 2018
fabre4:

Oga am tired u no dey pay me o and its not like u are asking this question to learn...I
U are looking for loopholes which you won't find. You expected a baby to just drop from heaven? In human form? Nope he had to come the way other humans came so on earth he wanted to and was treated as man not God
How many Gods do we have in existence now? This is what I asked, I didn't ask for the circumstances under which Jesus was born? Was Adam born the way of other humans? Is he also a God?

1 Like

Re: How To Answer The Question "Where Did Jesus Say, 'I Am God, Worship Me''? by Nobody: 10:54pm On Apr 01, 2018
Jesus never said he is God, nor to be worshipped.

Colossians 1:15,18
15. He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation;
18. and he is the head of the body, the congregation. He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, so that he might become the one who is first in all things;

Revelation 3:14
To the angel of the congregation in La·o·di·ceʹa write: These are the things that the Amen says, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation by God:

Thiese verses above explains why Jesus could have been the first, that is being created first and the last by being the last creature because only him was created and then he, Jesus created all things.( Colosians 3:16)

That serves Jesus right for being the First and last and not For being the First and Last God. Jesus himself said a reply to the devil at Luke 4:8 which says "8 And Jesus answered and said unto him, It is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve."

God also is not a mystery as some say because he himself said he wants us to know him as that is even the key to everlasting life. John 17:3

1 John 5:20
But we know that the Son of God has come, and he has given us insight so that we may gain the knowledge of the one who is true. And we are in union with the one who is true, by means of his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and life everlasting.
Re: How To Answer The Question "Where Did Jesus Say, 'I Am God, Worship Me''? by rolams(m): 11:06pm On Apr 01, 2018
I pity Op! Do you think you have written some tangible to defend yourself? Only fools will fall for this crap
Re: How To Answer The Question "Where Did Jesus Say, 'I Am God, Worship Me''? by Nobody: 11:15pm On Apr 01, 2018
efficiencie:

Trinity is simple. Trinity says there are THREE PERSONS and each are in each other, by each other, for each other, with each other and on each other...Muslims preach oneness as a number. Christianity preaches oneness as unity. Muslims says there is only 1 GOD but Christianity says there are THREE PERSONS united. That is why we say Jesus is GOD, the Father is GOD and the HolyGhost is GOD, THREE PERSONS but yet one...

Isaiah 48:16 Come ye near unto me, hear ye this; I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; from the time that it was, there am I: and now the Lord GOD, and his Spirit, hath sent me.

THREE PERSONS BONDED AS ONE...

The trinity is revealed in the union between a man and his wife...a man and his wife are two different entities but when they CLEAVE TO EACH OTHER they that were once two people become one, this is the oneness of the Trinity!

Genesis 2:24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.

Matthew 19:5 And God said, 'For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and unite with his wife, and the two will become one. GNB rendition.

Herein lies the secret to the Trinity!

God is separate, Jesus is separate so the spirit.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo And Daddy Freeze Exchange Words Over Tithing / Ugandan Pastor Burns Thousands Of Bibles For Misleading His Members (Photos) / Penuel Mnguni At TB Joshua's Church (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.