Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,903 members, 7,806,640 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:36 PM

"Any Woman Who Cooks For Her Husband Is A 1950s Housewife And A Slave" - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / "Any Woman Who Cooks For Her Husband Is A 1950s Housewife And A Slave" (602 Views)

The Poodle Skirt In The 1950s / Police Officers In Kano State In The 1950s ( Throwback Photo ) / My Wife Only Cooks For Me When Her Mother Visits – US Based Nigerian Man Cries O (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Any Woman Who Cooks For Her Husband Is A 1950s Housewife And A Slave" by Belafonte(m): 7:45am On Oct 15, 2017
Have you ever made your husband a sandwich? If so, you should be ashamed of yourself. Don't you realize such behavior sets women back decades?

That's the message of a new article in The Daily Telegraph, entitled "When making a sandwich is a crime against feminism," about an Australian woman named Maddie who asked a Facebook group of 26,186 mothers whether anyone had some yummy alternatives for her husband's lunches, which she said she makes for him every day.

Now that's what anyone I know would call a nice wife.

But that's not what Maddie was called on Facebook. Instead, she was told she was nothing but a “slave” and a “1950s housewife." She was also “weird,” as no woman in her right mind would do something so demeaning as to make her husband lunch.

Here's just a sampling of some of the responses Maddie got

“Your husband is a grown up, and you’re not his mother!”

“My husband can make his own damn lunch.”

"I make my husband the same thing he makes me. Nothing!!”

“Stuff that, hubby is a grown man. I already do his laundry and keep his children alive.”

“Our advice is to stop making his lunches.”

“My role is childcare during working hours and that’s it.”

“He’s lucky if I decide to make dinner some nights."

That, my friends, is what feminists brought to America in the 1970s.

And it stuck.

The idea that a wife would—or God forbid, should—do anything for her husband with no expectation for anything in return—just to be nice, because, as Maddie put it, she "loves her man" and they "can't afford to eat out"— makes her weak.

Honestly, is it really any wonder why the relationship between the sexes is such a mess today? Or why, as Bloomberg published just last week, married Americans are unhappier than ever? In my opinion, it is largely because there are so many women in America today who, either knowingly or unknowingly, have a feminist mind.

Feminists teach women, above all else, to stand up for themselves against the evil men of the world. Even harmless husbands fall into the category of 'evil men' since they supposedly long to lord over their wives. Thus, the knee-jerk reaction to the suggestion that a wife might serve her husband in some way—make him a drink or a meal—is to become defensive. Yet, if we turn the scenario around, if a husband were to serve his wife in any way, well, that's acceptable.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/10/14/are-weak-if-make-your-man-sandwich-this-is-why-real-men-don-t-marry-feminists.html
Re: "Any Woman Who Cooks For Her Husband Is A 1950s Housewife And A Slave" by AntiWailer: 7:52am On Oct 15, 2017
N.a. so.

That is why their marriage last for weeks.
Re: "Any Woman Who Cooks For Her Husband Is A 1950s Housewife And A Slave" by nosiebaba(m): 7:52am On Oct 15, 2017
One thing I have learnt in this world is that the fact that a person's body is grown and any one can look at him or her and say yes this person is an adult doesn't mean that person has sense.
Re: "Any Woman Who Cooks For Her Husband Is A 1950s Housewife And A Slave" by madridguy(m): 7:57am On Oct 15, 2017
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: "Any Woman Who Cooks For Her Husband Is A 1950s Housewife And A Slave" by iliyande(m): 8:00am On Oct 15, 2017
cheesy
Re: "Any Woman Who Cooks For Her Husband Is A 1950s Housewife And A Slave" by ellagabs(f): 8:01am On Oct 15, 2017
if a victim of domestic violence den may b d husby deservs dat.
else
Mumu mother n a useles wife.
Re: "Any Woman Who Cooks For Her Husband Is A 1950s Housewife And A Slave" by helpsystem: 8:03am On Oct 15, 2017
This one weak me. I pity the generation coming
Re: "Any Woman Who Cooks For Her Husband Is A 1950s Housewife And A Slave" by saintvc(m): 8:06am On Oct 15, 2017
any man WHO's spends on wife is 1960 husband.she should fend for herself

(1) (Reply)

Throwback: 5 Fashion Trends Any Girl Who Grew Up In The 90s Probably Rocked / Lady Rejects Boyfriend's Public Proposal At Accra Mall, Pours Water On Him / Tips To Master Your Whatsapp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.