Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,254 members, 7,807,873 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:15 PM

- Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / (1434 Views)

Anti-atheism In Nigeria / My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. / Is The Rise Of Atheism In Nigeria A Direct Reaction To Flaws Of Pentecostalism? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

by Samsimple(m): 7:55am On Oct 15, 2017
Re: by hopefulLandlord: 7:59am On Oct 15, 2017
How does one "teach" atheism?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: by Humanistme: 8:06am On Oct 15, 2017
what?? Is there a textbook for atheism?
How does it benefit The students?
how do you teach atheism?
Re: by DeSepiero(m): 8:08am On Oct 15, 2017
Philosophy should be taught!
Christian and Islamic knowledge should both be taught in history class to both Christian and Muslim students.
Re: by Hashimyussufamao(m): 8:09am On Oct 15, 2017
Not in Nigeria a secular nation!! A country who takes God as bedrock in its affairs. A country who swear in its newly elected governors and presidents with an oath which persuade them to fear God after mounting the mandate. A nation with powerful religions leaders which has landmark through out the world. A nation who always has a larger percent of immigrants in makkah and jerusalem yearly. A nation whose national anthem ends with "so help me God"
MY BROTHER KOLEWERK!!!
Re: by DeSepiero(m): 8:10am On Oct 15, 2017
Hashimyussufamao:
Not in Nigeria a secular nation!! A country who takes God as bedrock in its affairs. A country who swear in its newly elected governors and presidents with an oath which persuade them to fear God after mounting the mandate. A nation with powerful religions leaders which has landmark through out the world. A nation who always has a larger percent of immigrants in makkah and jerusalem yearly. A nation whose national anthem ends with "so help me God"
MY BROTHER KOLEWERK!!!

All you mentioned doesn't depict secularism.

3 Likes

Re: by Fleewpeed: 8:13am On Oct 15, 2017
I would personally like to see atheism taught along with the comparative religions class. I know many atheists here rile at the idea that atheism is an ideology, but I personally think it's hair splitting because atheism leads to ideologies whether they are humanistic, mechanistic, or what have you
Re: by gabe: 8:15am On Oct 15, 2017
How about leave out all mention of an imaginary sky daddy and concentrate on equipping children for a better future?
Re: by bloodofthelamb(m): 8:19am On Oct 15, 2017
Samsimple:
fellow nairalanders please share ur opinion
felixomor scienceWatch bloodofthelamb fleewpeed hopefullandlord analice107 johnydon22.
YOU WANT TO TEACH PEOPLE HOW TO REBEL AGAINST GOD...GOD IS FAIR, HIS GRACE WILL BE PREACHED TO ALL MANKIND BEFORE HE WILL COME TO JUDGE.
Re: by Samsimple(m): 8:21am On Oct 15, 2017
Hashimyussufamao:
MY BROTHER KOLEWERK!!!
herculian task
Re: by suremanpatriot: 8:23am On Oct 15, 2017
Neva ever!!! You want to teach people nothing? Because it is THE PHILOSOPHY OF NOTHINGNESS which leads ppl to darkness.
Re: by Samsimple(m): 8:24am On Oct 15, 2017
bloodofthelamb:
YOU WANT TO TEACH PEOPLE HOW TO REBEL AGAINST GOD...GOD IS FAIR, HIS GRACE WILL BE PREACHED TO ALL MANKIND BEFORE HE WILL COME TO JUDGE.
bros hw va...
Rebel who said anything about rebel ... If u were enlightened from kindergaten i dont think u would be a pastor now
Re: by Fleewpeed: 8:29am On Oct 15, 2017
This is a very valid question i dont know why u guys are saying how. Our first step should be electing a atheist president
Re: by Fleewpeed: 8:32am On Oct 15, 2017
suremanpatriot:
Neva ever!!! You want to teach people nothing? Because it is THE PHILOSOPHY OF NOTHINGNESS which leads ppl to darkness.
darkness and light cant exist seperately they coexist

samsimple i dont know where you get this questions from but i am loving it.. lalasticlala another one
Re: by Samsimple(m): 8:48am On Oct 15, 2017
Fleewpeed:
This is a very valid question i dont know why u guys are saying how. Our first step should be electing a atheist president
that cant work with democracy, who will vote for an atheist
Re: by mrmrmister: 8:48am On Oct 15, 2017
Hashimyussufamao:
A country who swear in its newly elected governors and presidents with an oath which persuade them to fear God after mounting the mandate.

And so far, has it worked?
Re: by Samsimple(m): 10:06am On Oct 15, 2017
Fleewpeed:

darkness and light cant exist seperately they coexist

samsimple i dont know where you get this questions from but i am loving it.. lalasticlala another one
knowledge must be shared not hidden
Re: by orunto27: 10:20am On Oct 15, 2017
Draw the Syllabus first for all to appreciate. When you become President, you will introduce it from Zamfara State.
Re: by Ioseph(m): 10:44am On Oct 15, 2017
Secular schooling does not require teaching of "Atheism". In fact, it's about having nothing to do with Theism whatsoever. That means no quips about Allah making the universe in the Physics books, no jibes about godly ones vs bad pagans in the History books, no prayers in school and no religious brainwashing lessons.

1 Like

Re: by Hashimyussufamao(m): 11:33am On Oct 15, 2017
mrmrmister:

And so far, has it worked?
thank God u use a browsing phone
Re: by superhumanist(m): 12:13pm On Oct 15, 2017
In the UK, they are working to reform the educational curriculum to include humanism and other secular worldviews in religious education.

So why not Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: by Martinez19(m): 12:40pm On Oct 15, 2017
Critical thinking and philosophy should be taught instead.

Modified: the application of them too.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: by Humanistme: 12:43pm On Oct 15, 2017
superhumanist:
In the UK, they are working to reform the educational curriculum to include humanism and other secular worldviews in religious education.

So why not Nigeria?

The OP reads should we teach atheism in Nigerian schools not should we include humanism and secular world views in religious education.

If the question was the latter then by all means yeah.
Re: by johnydon22(m): 1:31pm On Oct 15, 2017
I do not really understand what it means here to teach atheism?
Re: by UncleSnr(m): 1:43pm On Oct 15, 2017
johnydon22:
I do not really understand what it means here to teach atheism?
Not only you. They think Atheism is a religion?
Re: by mrmrmister: 1:50pm On Oct 15, 2017
Hashimyussufamao:

thank God u use a browsing phone

Is this an answer?
SMH
Re: by ScienceWatch: 3:06pm On Oct 15, 2017
Samsimple:
fellow nairalanders please share ur opinion
felixomor scienceWatch bloodofthelamb Vaxx fleewpeed Pidgin2 hopefullandlord butterflyl1on analice107 Ishilove johnydon22.

Thank you for the invite Sir. You have a great topic going and I can see it is rocking. Well done !
I am not good at giving opinions. But hey, here is my 5 Nairas worth.

Students desperately need to learn subjects without DISTRACTION, that can provide practical skills for the positive benefit of business, communities, and foster powerful morality and ethics. After we have witnessed the confusion and targeted DISTRACTION among Atheists themselves, we have to respectfully concluded that Atheism is a fringe subject for polite discussion over a cup of tea or on a train to pass unproductive time,

DISTRACTION IS ATHEISM'S ONLY WEAPON LEFT. One can chat with Atheists for 12 months and chat about their theories and deeply held beliefs, when all is done you realize that it was all about nothing. Only hot air Sir.

1) You cant start a caring community with it.
2) You cant build a trusting business with it.
3) You cant teach your children higher values with it.
4) You can never build a true loving relationship with Atheism because love is a spiritual force exclusively from a God that Atheists dont believe exist.
5) You cant heal mental disease with it Sir
6) You can never take your demon possessed wife to an Atheist for deliverance Sir. The suffering in the family is reduced to mere unproven theories that only sound cool to the speaker.

Dont get me wrong Sir, I give Atheism lots of room, the same way I give Gays, Lesbians, 419ners, criminal gangs and rapists room to live their lives. Atheism demands tolerance and society has bent over backwards to accommodate these strange beings that identify themselves as having arrived on our planet by accident. Their story is strange indeed, two planets crashed billions of years ago, they were once fish, they dont have any identification, they want the same rights as citizens of planet earth. Now they want indoctrinate
our school children into believing that they are not created beings, but accidental beings.

Re: by akintom(m): 3:09pm On Oct 15, 2017
The erroneous definition of atheism, is largely responsible for the conflict of thoughts, When it comes to perceptive expectations from persons labeled as atheist.

Really, nobody can be called an atheist. Because that would suggest a philosophical or ideological or conceptual entity.

The "RESPONSE" to the UNSUBSTANTIATED claims of existence of Gods, is what originated the label - atheist.

Since atheistic "response", isn't ideological nor conceptual nor philosophical, the "responder" can't have existential status.

So, someone can hold atheistic response, but infirmed of decency, reason and empathy in relating with other aspects of life.

Atheism starts and ends, with the MOMENT that one rejects, the unsubstantiated claims of existence of Gods.
Re: by obisco4u: 3:18pm On Oct 15, 2017
The question is, is Atheism a subject on its own?
Re: by ScienceWatch: 4:25pm On Oct 15, 2017
akintom:
Really, nobody can be called an atheist. Because that would suggest a philosophical or ideological or conceptual entity.

Since atheistic "response", isn't ideological nor conceptual nor philosophical, the "responder" can't have existential status.

Therefore, your argument applies if an angry bear "responds" to protect its cubs. It"s response "isn't ideological nor conceptual nor philosophical" and that is why the bear can"t have existential status. What happen now, do we give the bear a temporary
existential permit ? Or do we for polite conversation agree that the bear therefore has no existential status.

We could order another cup of tea and argue that, if we fabricated an ideological, conceptual and philosophical basis for the bears "response" the bear now has the much needed existential status.

Have you heard about this incident ?

A bear and a rabbit was having a shivt in the bush, the bear asked the rabbit, have you ever had shivt sticking to your fur.
The rabbit said no, so the bear wiped its as.s with the rabbit.

1 Like

Re: by Lamiri(m): 4:43pm On Oct 15, 2017
Fleewpeed:
BLESS YOU MY BROTHER
Re: by hopefulLandlord: 4:45pm On Oct 15, 2017
why did OP invite this person? this thread would now go to sheet

(1) (2) (Reply)

Grown Men Kneeling Down To Welcome Their Pastor / Issues On Christian Movies. / COZA: Witnesses From The Past

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.