Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,406 members, 7,800,843 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:48 AM

What Is The Work Of Reverend Sisters In The Catholic Church? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Work Of Reverend Sisters In The Catholic Church? (52722 Views)

Reverend Sisters Dance Kizz Daniel's 'Buga' (video) / Why Did The Catholic Church Decide That Priests Should Be Celibate? / Obituary Of Reverend Father Cyriacus Onunkwo, To Be Buried With His Father (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Work Of Reverend Sisters In The Catholic Church? by princeSammyz: 9:19am On Oct 15, 2017
sKy007:

And if the "Father" is promiscuous, then their duties would be expanded
couldn't help but LOL...
Re: What Is The Work Of Reverend Sisters In The Catholic Church? by northvietnam(m): 9:20am On Oct 15, 2017
ngeneukwuewuGOAT:
mad fooool

Let the blockers come block this one
Re: What Is The Work Of Reverend Sisters In The Catholic Church? by Kimy97(f): 9:20am On Oct 15, 2017
ElPadrino33:
I want to say something but I don't want to say it
we already knw dont say

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Work Of Reverend Sisters In The Catholic Church? by northvietnam(m): 9:21am On Oct 15, 2017
ngeneukwuewuGOAT:
ewu

Anu_Mpam
Re: What Is The Work Of Reverend Sisters In The Catholic Church? by Nobody: 9:22am On Oct 15, 2017
To sleep with the reverend father at night and make tea for him
Re: What Is The Work Of Reverend Sisters In The Catholic Church? by Nobody: 9:23am On Oct 15, 2017
sKy007:

akuya

1 Like

Re: What Is The Work Of Reverend Sisters In The Catholic Church? by ThinkWISELY(m): 9:23am On Oct 15, 2017
ngeneukwuewuGOAT:
you are asking because you are not a Catholic . If you are and by now you don't know their functions, then you deserve a hot slap on your stupid face

very hot slap indeed i swear

1 Like

Re: What Is The Work Of Reverend Sisters In The Catholic Church? by princeSammyz: 9:23am On Oct 15, 2017
seguno2:
Objection, my lord.
This is a leading question.
No answer. cheesy
lol. Objection, errrm... upheld. But then, d Op might just be asking genuinely. It could be ur mind doing the leading like mine. Nau...y mind

1 Like

Re: What Is The Work Of Reverend Sisters In The Catholic Church? by Nobody: 9:24am On Oct 15, 2017
to act as security to the Reverend father
Re: What Is The Work Of Reverend Sisters In The Catholic Church? by williams85(m): 9:29am On Oct 15, 2017
nairavsdollars:
Many of these reverend sisters who lie about being virgins yet the stuff is as wide as River Limpopo
Is there anywhere it’s written that u must be a virgin before becoming a catholic sister... ? U need to borrow brain..

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Work Of Reverend Sisters In The Catholic Church? by RomeSankara: 9:29am On Oct 15, 2017
viic:
first made in Nigeria hybrids rocket by isaacojonugwaemmanuel from kogi state and named after late Lt col Mohammed Abu Ali...

Can we have more details on this rocket , it's propellant , speed , distance and it's applicability in real time

1 Like

Re: What Is The Work Of Reverend Sisters In The Catholic Church? by Delightbaby(f): 9:29am On Oct 15, 2017
Nice question, the Reverend sisters duties different from the congregations they were ordained. Their duties includes - teaching in catholics schools, working in Catholic hospitals, assisting the older ones and orphanages homes, etc. Their works may not be seen like their counterpart ( the Reverend fathers).
Where the Reverend fathers cannot reach because of there works in the parish, the Reverend sisters are easily be there.

6 Likes

Re: What Is The Work Of Reverend Sisters In The Catholic Church? by okewumi: 9:30am On Oct 15, 2017
Ky007:

And if the "Father" is promiscuous, then their duties would be expanded[color=#990000][/color]

On Fridays, you will see topics that educate Islam on front page which is good. But on Sundays, they will push questions that castigate Christianity.

Why not check Google, l think it is high time to start taking track records and submit the report to NCC.
This nonsense has to stop.

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Work Of Reverend Sisters In The Catholic Church? by Abudu2000(m): 9:31am On Oct 15, 2017
UAE123:
From the little I understand, the Reverend Sisters assist in terms of hospitals, educational & religious duties like visiting the prisoners. Also some of them also assist the Priest in the Sacrament of Holy Communion.
lol, if only u know how.that "assist the priest" phrase sound
Re: What Is The Work Of Reverend Sisters In The Catholic Church? by Patokeikem: 9:32am On Oct 15, 2017
sKy007:

Hmmmm, I Reserve My Comment.
Re: What Is The Work Of Reverend Sisters In The Catholic Church? by mystmoze(m): 9:33am On Oct 15, 2017
sKy007:

that is if she too is de daughter of Oga lucifer
Re: What Is The Work Of Reverend Sisters In The Catholic Church? by Elnino4ladies: 9:33am On Oct 15, 2017
okewumi:
Ky007:

And if the "Father" is promiscuous, then their duties would be expanded[color=#990000][/color]

On Fridays, you will see topics that educate Islam on front page which is good. But on Sundays, they will push questions that castigate Christianity.

Why not check Google, l think it is high time to start taking track records and submit the report to NCC.
This nonsense has to stop.

Someone is pained grin grin
Re: What Is The Work Of Reverend Sisters In The Catholic Church? by Nobody: 9:34am On Oct 15, 2017
kissval1388:
Happy Sunday Nairalanders!!!

Am a Catholic from birth, I have these question in mind but haven't gotten an answer..
Here is the question:
Please what is the work of the Reverend sisters in the Catholic church because i know They don't celebrate Mass on sunday..
please any Catholic with an answer should clarify me.. Thanks!!!!

have a nice and blissful Sunday all!!

Am not a Catholic, but I can say that Reverend SIsters are women who have given up their desire to have a family and intimacy to serve God and the community.

A very good historical example of a great nun is St Clare

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clare_of_Assisi

(NOt a Catholic, I disagree with many of their doctrines, but it is undeniable that some of the RC's saints were the genuine article).

6 Likes

Re: What Is The Work Of Reverend Sisters In The Catholic Church? by WORLDPEACE(m): 9:35am On Oct 15, 2017
BluntBoy:

The Roman Catholic Church is evil. She is the Antichrist.
What is the antichrist and how do you know the Roman Catholic Church is?

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Work Of Reverend Sisters In The Catholic Church? by Nobody: 9:35am On Oct 15, 2017
gypsey:
To sleep with the reverend father at night and make tea for him

And you know this because.....

Grow up.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Work Of Reverend Sisters In The Catholic Church? by Deo1986(m): 9:38am On Oct 15, 2017
kay29000:
Hmm! This reminds me of a Lesbian lady that came to my church back in the day to speak to the youth about her story. She said at some point when her parents found out she was a lesbian, they sent her to a convent, and she said the Reverend sister they handed her over to was actually a lesbian too, and they became lovers. The lady's story was so interesting...it got me inspired to write series of books on Lesbians. Truth is stranger than fiction for real.
Nairaland placed a ban on gays and lesbians, but if you are inclined. I could help you.
Re: What Is The Work Of Reverend Sisters In The Catholic Church? by somto10: 9:39am On Oct 15, 2017
ds thread will be opened to all to comment bcuz it's abt Christians but if it's a Muslim thread you will be required to fill some stupid and useless columns before you can comment...
yeye ppl

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Work Of Reverend Sisters In The Catholic Church? by BluntBoy(m): 9:40am On Oct 15, 2017
WORLDPEACE:

What is the antichrist and how do you know the Roman Catholic Church is?

The Antichrist is the false Christ. The man of lawlessness. That is the Roman Catholic Church.
Re: What Is The Work Of Reverend Sisters In The Catholic Church? by opius: 9:43am On Oct 15, 2017
kissval1388:
Happy Sunday Nairalanders!!!

Am a Catholic from birth, I have these question in mind but haven't gotten an answer..
Here is the question:
Please what is the work of the Reverend sisters in the Catholic church because i know They don't celebrate Mass on sunday..
please any Catholic with an answer should clarify me.. Thanks!!!
have a nice and blissful Sunday all!!

Go and ask ur parent or the Reverend father in ur church. Sorry i mentioned ur parents i mean no harm, they will give u unbiased answer

1 Like

Re: What Is The Work Of Reverend Sisters In The Catholic Church? by maisauki: 9:45am On Oct 15, 2017
here to read comments
Re: What Is The Work Of Reverend Sisters In The Catholic Church? by kay29000(m): 9:46am On Oct 15, 2017
Deo1986:
Nairaland placed a ban on gays and lesbians, but if you are inclined. I could help you.

Oh, I didn't know that.

How exactly can you help me?
Re: What Is The Work Of Reverend Sisters In The Catholic Church? by ElsonMorali: 9:49am On Oct 15, 2017
Take a trip to a convent or nunnery and ask. Buh Lemme Guess, you just wanna poke fun at the Catholic religion right?

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Work Of Reverend Sisters In The Catholic Church? by ElsonMorali: 9:50am On Oct 15, 2017
BluntBoy:

The Roman Catholic Church is evil. She is the Antichrist.

Your opinion. Unfortunately it's wrong.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Work Of Reverend Sisters In The Catholic Church? by Ekg911(m): 9:50am On Oct 15, 2017
Please my fellow nairalanders...I registered on naira land for the past last three months now but I can't be able to post a single topic on this forum.why?
Re: What Is The Work Of Reverend Sisters In The Catholic Church? by Deo1986(m): 9:50am On Oct 15, 2017
kay29000:

Oh, I didn't know that.
How exactly can you help me?
to come out of the closet.
Re: What Is The Work Of Reverend Sisters In The Catholic Church? by BluntBoy(m): 9:51am On Oct 15, 2017
ElsonMorali:

Your opinion. Unfortunately it's wrong.
I am right.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Adeboye Retires 20 Senior Pastors / When You Try To Take A Selfie In Church (Photo) / Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.