Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,578 members, 7,809,096 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:00 PM

My First Bet9ja Virtual Experience - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My First Bet9ja Virtual Experience (1575 Views)

Spirit Of Gambling how i lost 1 million nqira to bet9ja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My First Bet9ja Virtual Experience by Kingsley121(m): 9:19am On Oct 15, 2017
My First Bet9ja Virtual Experience

As a student Living off-campus (Behind-flat) at the Prestigious University of Nigeria Nsukka, I’ve always heard my friends say stuffs about virtual or even make references to virtual and even their funny escapades with the said virtual.. I was a novice then when it comes to placing bets, so I asked my roommate victor to teach me how to place bets… The first thing he told me was “Kingsley, bet9ja no be better thing oo, e dey milk person dry oo” I told him I just wanted to learn about the game and not look left out when matters pertaining to soccer results are being deliberated among my peers, that even if I wanted to play that 100 naira would do me no harm.
He was still reluctant in teaching me until after much persuasion which he later thought me the basics and fundamentals (betting 101). Bu what got me surprised was the way he knelt down begging me saying “ Kingsley, I take Baba God beg u, Make u no ever near that one wey dem dey call virtual if u know say u wan graduate from this school, na that one dem dey call destiny killer”. “The thing don turn many people bank, u know that my guy wey dey ride bike for peace park?” I said, Yes. “e use im okada do collateral for money wey virtual don chop am since 1 week now, abeg no near that virtual”.
With my mind finally at ease that I’ve learnt how to predict games and stake on them, I booked my first game, it was kind of easy cos I was a football loyalist and the site was easy to navigate through.. skip, to the results of my first game, I was to cash out a sum of 25000 naira if not for Barca losing to Real Sociedad.. I was happy like I’ve really achieved an unsurmountable feat.
I kept on trying for weeks without any reasonable breakthrough, then on one unlucky day I went to play my already booked game as usual at Oga Ben’s shop, most of the people there were all playing this so called virtual and I’ve always watched it as it plays on the tv screen, and I thought to myself that this was the fastest way to earn money, so I tried cos I could understand the terms used on it…
Trying to predict wasn’t easy though, I just guessed and lo and behold I won 3600 naira on my first ticket, it was like a miracle, I couldn’t contend the joy in my mind. I felt like Zeus the greek God (Father of Gods and Men), “I could make more money”, my greedy self thought, I staked 500 on 1-6 and I lost. Ok, I said to myself quoting Harriet Beecher Stowe’s “Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn”. I persevered and I kept on going till there was nothing left of the 3600 naira earlier won. I made for the door but the quote again rang in my ear and I felt that I was that close to the Jackpot, I ended up playing the whole day winning some, losing some, but by end of the day I ended up losing more than what I bargained for; a whopping 12000 naira. Had I known, I would have stuck to booking my 100 naira games
I had been foolish.

cc
lalasticlala
mynd44

Source:http://lionsforum.com.ng/literature/my-first-bet9ja-virtual-experience/
Re: My First Bet9ja Virtual Experience by Nobody: 7:27pm On Oct 15, 2017
Lol. U're not alone. We both share a similar story.
Re: My First Bet9ja Virtual Experience by jomagibs: 11:32pm On Oct 15, 2017
At Abj .. down the local streets and deidei market.. We call it " Ogbun gwangwa" meaning quickest means to die... Virtual is a money sucking agent... but I still can't do without it..

Re: My First Bet9ja Virtual Experience by Kingsley121(m): 11:47pm On Oct 15, 2017
jomagibs:
At Abj .. down the local streets and deidei market.. We call it " Ogbun gwangwa" meaning quickest means to die... Virtual is a money sucking agent... but I still can't do without it..
i dey tell u...the thing dey even suck blood sef

(1) (Reply)

Frederick Forsyth / The Diary Of A Crazy Kid / Nairaland Literature Award Winners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.