Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,894 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:13 AM

Nigeria Will Accept Homosexuality Faster Than You Think !!! - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Nigeria Will Accept Homosexuality Faster Than You Think !!! (1383 Views)

Emir Of Gwandu, Muhammadu Bashar: Homosexuality, Lesbianism, Cause Of Insecurity / "Homosexuality Wasn't Alien To Yoruba; Sango Was A Cross Dresser" - Historian / 6 Undisputed Facts That Prove "Homosexuality" Is Demonic Possession (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Will Accept Homosexuality Faster Than You Think !!! by nadleeh: 10:19am On Oct 15, 2017
Disclaimer !!! This is not a video to accept homosexuality, because I know Nigerians will want to insult without checking the contents first. This is just a logical proof that it may be already too late at this point, got that ??, Good !!!.
Have you watched a Nigerian movie that has a gay character in it ?, If you have then you're beginning to get my point !.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7wcGk3r_L4
Re: Nigeria Will Accept Homosexuality Faster Than You Think !!! by Paulosky1900: 11:30am On Oct 15, 2017
[color=#990000][/color]

my guy nigeria is the last place that will accept it, christians are taught THY SHALL NOT KILL they fit convince some but muslims will torture greatly and later kill the person,they dont tolerate such rubbish and muslims are power holders for now asfar as nigeria is concern, JUST FORGET IT DUDE HERE IS NO GO AREA.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Will Accept Homosexuality Faster Than You Think !!! by nadleeh: 5:42pm On Oct 17, 2017
Paulosky1900:
[color=#990000][/color]

my guy nigeria is the last place that will accept it, christians are taught THY SHALL NOT KILL they fit convince some but muslims will torture greatly and later kill the person,they dont tolerate such rubbish and muslims are power holders for now asfar as nigeria is concern, JUST FORGET IT DUDE HERE IS NO GO AREA.
dude watch the video.
Re: Nigeria Will Accept Homosexuality Faster Than You Think !!! by Paulosky1900: 5:51pm On Oct 17, 2017
nadleeh:
dude watch the video.

i didnt say homo and lesbian aint in nigeria what am saying is that it can never be pass to law asin to legalize it..not possible in nigeria not in 100 yrs to come

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Will Accept Homosexuality Faster Than You Think !!! by Ioseph(m): 10:16pm On Oct 18, 2017
Paulosky1900:

i didnt say homo and lesbian aint in nigeria what am saying is that it can never be pass to law asin to legalize it..not possible in nigeria not in 100 yrs to come

Yes, along with any other social change in the stupid shitehole that is Nigeria. When the rest of the world has floating cities and leisure space-travel, Naija will still be just a bunch of angry corrupt greedy tribes at each others' throats.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Will Accept Homosexuality Faster Than You Think !!! by Ozouno1: 4:03am On Oct 19, 2017
Ioseph:

Yes, along with any other social change in the stupid shitehole that is Nigeria. When the rest of the world has floating cities and leisure space-travel, Naija will still be just a bunch of angry corrupt greedy tribes at each others' throats.

Are you comparing homosexuality to space travel and floating cities? What is your true agenda?
Re: Nigeria Will Accept Homosexuality Faster Than You Think !!! by Nobody: 4:46pm On Oct 19, 2017

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Will Accept Homosexuality Faster Than You Think !!! by nadleeh: 5:07pm On Oct 20, 2017
Paulosky1900:

u are not seeing my point because u did not watch the video.it does not have to be legalize..do u know how many people are openly gay in this country n Nigeria is even promoting them??
Re: Nigeria Will Accept Homosexuality Faster Than You Think !!! by axum: 10:14pm On Oct 21, 2017
Considering that Nigerian women look like men; I am surprised homosexuality hasn't already been full accepted. grin
Re: Nigeria Will Accept Homosexuality Faster Than You Think !!! by nadleeh: 5:00pm On Oct 23, 2017
axum:
Considering that Nigerian women look like men; I am surprised homosexuality hasn't already been full accepted. grin
WOW
Re: Nigeria Will Accept Homosexuality Faster Than You Think !!! by nadleeh: 5:01pm On Oct 23, 2017
axum:
WOW That makes perfect sense. undecided
Re: Nigeria Will Accept Homosexuality Faster Than You Think !!! by Probz(m): 5:47pm On Oct 23, 2017
So far as Nigerians remain Nigerians that’s not gonna happen. No chance.
Re: Nigeria Will Accept Homosexuality Faster Than You Think !!! by RedboneSmith(m): 6:12pm On Oct 23, 2017
We are not more homophobic today than the West was less than 100 years ago. If it happened in the west, it will happen here.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Will Accept Homosexuality Faster Than You Think !!! by Nobody: 6:58pm On Oct 23, 2017
RedboneSmith:
We are not more homophobic today than the West was less than 100 years ago. If it happened in the west, it will happen here.

And which Nigeria are you talking about? Like someone above pointed out, maybe in the south but the north is a completely different story.
Re: Nigeria Will Accept Homosexuality Faster Than You Think !!! by ewa26: 11:54pm On Oct 23, 2017
RedboneSmith:
hon, I want to make you jollof ricew
Re: Nigeria Will Accept Homosexuality Faster Than You Think !!! by RedboneSmith(m): 7:11am On Oct 24, 2017
WeissBarlow:

And which Nigeria are you talking about? Like someone above pointed out, maybe in the south but the north is a completely different story.

They have gay prides in Turkey which is like 82% Muslim.

Look I am not necessarily pro-LGBT or anything; I just find it very short-sighted and ahistorical when people assume that a certain status quo will persist ad infinitum. Who is to say that a great wave of secularisation will not sweep through the north 150 years from now? If history has thought me anything it is that nothing is fixed or permanent.

BTW, isn't the dan daudu thing in the north partly a homosexual thing (yea, I know they are pimps too)? How strongly have they been persecuted throughout history in the north?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Will Accept Homosexuality Faster Than You Think !!! by Nobody: 8:35am On Oct 24, 2017
RedboneSmith:

They have gay prides in Turkey which is like 82% Muslim.

Look I am not necessarily pro-LGBT or anything; I just find it very short-sighted and ahistorical when people assume that a certain status quo will persist ad infinitum. Who is to say that a great wave of secularisation will not sweep through the north 150 years from now? If history has thought me anything it is that nothing is fixed or permanent.

BTW, isn't the dan daudu thing in the north partly a homosexual thing (yea, I know they are pimps too)? How strongly have they been persecuted throughout history in the north?

Muslims in Turkey are not like Muslims in northern Nigeria. Turkey has always been the least Islamic and most liberal Muslim country. Its not just about islam but the way you're subscribed to it. In their case they're more geared towards european culture than Islamic culture.

As long as the same principles keep being instilled in the upcoming generation and this process continues as it is in the north then the society will continue to adhere to these standards.

The whole Dan daudu thing is the remnant of our past culture that exists within a very small population. Just like we still have some pagans and traditionalists. And Dan daudus are more of cross dressers than homo sexuals.
Re: Nigeria Will Accept Homosexuality Faster Than You Think !!! by RedboneSmith(m): 10:53am On Oct 24, 2017
WeissBarlow:

As long as the same principles keep being instilled in the upcoming generation and this process continues as it is in the north then the society will continue to adhere to these standards.

This quote is everything. As long as. Only "as long as."

Turkey has not always been this liberal, you know. It was the heart of the Ottoman Caliphate, the most powerful Islamic state of its time, until the early 20th century. The liberalism and secularisation we see in Turkey today is the fruit of the work of young Turkish revolutionaries led by Mustafa Kemal in the 1900s.

I am sure no one living under the Ottoman caliphs in the 1700s and 1800s would have predicted the rise of Kemal and the effect his policies would have on Turkish society.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Will Accept Homosexuality Faster Than You Think !!! by Nobody: 12:24pm On Oct 24, 2017
RedboneSmith:

This quote is everything. As long as. Only "as long as."

Turkey has not always been this liberal, you know. It was the heart of the Ottoman Caliphate, the most powerful Islamic state of its time, until the early 20th century. The liberalism and secularisation we see in Turkey today is the fruit of the work of young Turkish revolutionaries led by Mustafa Kemal in the 1900s.

I am sure no one living under the Ottoman caliphs in the 1700s and 1800s would have predicted the rise of Kemal and the effect his policies would have on Turkish society.

As far as I know, the upbringing of the younger generation is in line with the way I was brought up.

Nope. I knew you would bring this up. But them being at the heart of the ottoman empire is a testament to their military might, not religious will. The ottoman empire has always been prone to cultural decadence and liberal thinking. The Arabs for instance have always felt that these people weren't exactly model Muslims and they detested their existence under the caliphate.

Problem is when people are already vested in a lifestyle and they're convinced without a doubt that it's the right one, any revolutionary would be vehemently rejected.

(1) (Reply)

Questions Every Virgin Bride Has On Her Wedding Night / Vacant Stool Of Oluwo Of Iwo- The Candidates / Ooni Of Ife's Sister Confirms Her Brother's Forthcoming Marriage To Wuraola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.