Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,146 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:44 AM

"There Is No $25bn NNPC Contract Anywhere" - Laolu Akande - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "There Is No $25bn NNPC Contract Anywhere" - Laolu Akande (20367 Views)

Osinbajo Never Prayed For Buhari To Die In RCCG - Laolu Akande To Festus Adebayo / Right Of Reply To Pendulum Open Letter To The Vp By Laolu Akande / Asari Dokubo: Osinbajo Has A PhD In Lying Now Over NNPC Contract (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "There Is No $25bn NNPC Contract Anywhere" - Laolu Akande by BigIyanga: 11:01pm On Oct 15, 2017
Sanusi alleged that $20bn was unremitted to the federation account. There was NASS probe inviting CBN governor, NOI and co, but Kachikwu raised an alarm in regard to $26bn, every GMB zombie follower thinks that Kachikwu is wrong, but Sanusi was right!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "There Is No $25bn NNPC Contract Anywhere" - Laolu Akande by Blue3k(m): 11:03pm On Oct 15, 2017
Nobody said it was missing. Even Kachikwu when pressed didn't make claim.
Re: "There Is No $25bn NNPC Contract Anywhere" - Laolu Akande by stieyven(m): 11:31pm On Oct 15, 2017
vedaxcool:
Only pigs and idiots cannot comprehend simple information- Nnamdi Cownu
He who calls his brother a fool shall be in danger of hell. Matthew 5 :22
Re: "There Is No $25bn NNPC Contract Anywhere" - Laolu Akande by VellyG(m): 11:43pm On Oct 15, 2017
vedaxcool:
Only pigs and idiots cannot comprehend simple information- Nnamdi Cownu
This is not time for tribal insult, your country is being milked dry by those u worship and u are here mentioning Nnamdi Kanu. PLS get some sense I beg.

4 Likes

Re: "There Is No $25bn NNPC Contract Anywhere" - Laolu Akande by VellyG(m): 11:53pm On Oct 15, 2017
ArmedRobber:
at times it is better to keep quiet and pretend like genius rather that making fool of yourself with stupid comment
He has asked u to respond with facts disputing his claims. Don't make a mockery of yourself. Idi0t

3 Likes

Re: "There Is No $25bn NNPC Contract Anywhere" - Laolu Akande by ogbeniolola: 11:53pm On Oct 15, 2017
Who's Laolu Akande?....does he work in NNPC or Federal Ministry of Petroleum resources?

The man who should know says $25 billion is missing and Laolu here is spewing thrash! Please he should stop meddling in what he doesn't have the brief to speak on and just face his spokesperson job!

1 Like

Re: "There Is No $25bn NNPC Contract Anywhere" - Laolu Akande by izuchukwu94(m): 12:01am On Oct 16, 2017
Nbote:
Nothing surprises me from dis govt anymore. I really won't b surprised if dey deny dey are d ones in power

2 Likes

Re: "There Is No $25bn NNPC Contract Anywhere" - Laolu Akande by VellyG(m): 12:22am On Oct 16, 2017
somehow:
I have tried to see where Kachikwu stated any missing money. How did this even turn to missing money story self?

Did I read a wrong leaked letter? Someone should help me with the right one.
He didn't state it bro. You don't seem to get the logic in his memo. He's trying to inform everyone that there is a $25billion dollars contract we aren't aware of so that shud there be a reason for it to be probed in the future he won't be accused of being involved. Especially in a govt like this built on lies.

1 Like

Re: "There Is No $25bn NNPC Contract Anywhere" - Laolu Akande by positivetaught: 1:44am On Oct 16, 2017
This is why I will never support the executive to investigate this sandal,all of a sudden laolu is more knowledgeable than kachikwu on the nitty gritty of the oil sector!,let the senate investigate the
scandal,invites both Baru n kachikwu to state their cases n evidences for the truth to be determined period!.APC is just so full of hypocrisy n double standard. Now saraki that has always boasted that he blew the lid on corruption in NNPC during the 7th Senate is mute.
Re: "There Is No $25bn NNPC Contract Anywhere" - Laolu Akande by princeade86(m): 2:39am On Oct 16, 2017
and the case close.
Re: "There Is No $25bn NNPC Contract Anywhere" - Laolu Akande by ivandragon: 3:00am On Oct 16, 2017
lol.
now I know that PMB's thugs on NL are even more daft than PMB.
Kachikwu clearly referred to contracts totalling $24b-$25b.
he did not mention joint venture funds/payments.

some people are just too blinded by hateful stupidity...

1 Like

Re: "There Is No $25bn NNPC Contract Anywhere" - Laolu Akande by somehow: 3:23am On Oct 16, 2017
Help me with that part of the letter that spoke about a $25B contract, all I saw had to do with some $10B and $5B listed which the V.president claimed aren't contracts as stated by the min of state for petroleum.
VellyG:

He didn't state it bro. You don't seem to get the logic in his memo. He's trying to inform everyone that there is a $25billion dollars contract we aren't aware of so that shud there be a reason for it to be probed in the future he won't be accused of being involved. Especially in a govt like this built on lies.
Re: "There Is No $25bn NNPC Contract Anywhere" - Laolu Akande by meforkene(m): 4:48am On Oct 16, 2017
ArmedRobber:
at times it is better to keep quiet and pretend like genius rather that making fool of yourself with stupid comment

Why usher yourself in with insults?

Remember you are not so well paid for this your media job.

I know that you sef don confuse these past two weeks
Re: "There Is No $25bn NNPC Contract Anywhere" - Laolu Akande by wizygreat2000(m): 5:19am On Oct 16, 2017
Spylord48:
denial as usual.
This government sef
Not be today he start from APC zoo Govt na. next Topic
Re: "There Is No $25bn NNPC Contract Anywhere" - Laolu Akande by ICEFLAME419ja(m): 6:40am On Oct 16, 2017
ev4real:
The Presidency has faulted reports that $25bn worth of oil contracts were awarded by the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) or that $25bn was missing in the NNPC.

This was contained in a statement issued on Sunday by the Senior Special Assistant to the Vice President on Media and Publicity, Mr Laolu Akande.

“No contracts were procured by the NNPC based on the leaked memo of the Petroleum Resources Minister of State, Dr Ibe Kachikwu, even though such impressions have been maliciously created in the past few weeks,” the statement said.

On October 12, Vice President Yemi Osinbajo had said he granted authorisation to two ventures from the corporation while President Muhammadu Buhari was on medical leave.

He had noted that the approvals were specifically for financing joint ventures through loans and not contracts.

Akande, who was answering questions from reporters in Abuja on the matter, said that a closer look at each of the said projects indicated clearly that “these are not procurement contracts.”

“When I tweeted on Thursday morning last week, I had indicated that the Vice President, while acting as president approved Joint Venture Financing arrangements,” he said.

“But for some curious reasons, a few media reports used that tweet to report that I said the then Acting President approved N640 Billion worth of oil contracts. Such reporting is both false and misleading and, therefore, ought to be completely ignored by all seekers of truth.”

The Vice President’s aide, however, said that what was more important was that none of the referenced projects and transactions revealed by the NNPC was actually a procurement contract.

“Take both the Crude Term Contract and the Direct Sale, Direct Purchase (DSDP) agreements, for instance, these are not procurement contracts involving the expenditure of public funds,” he said.

“Both transactions are simply a shortlisting process, in which prospective off-takers of crude oil and suppliers of petroleum are selected under agreed terms, and in accordance with due process. It is therefore wrong and misleading to refer to them as though they’re contracts involving the expenditure of NNPC funds, or public funds of any sort.

“As you now know, the Honorable Minister of Petroleum Resources himself has in fact clarified that he meant to focus on administrative and governance issues, not red-flag any fraud – because no fraud exists in this matter,” he added.

Akande also maintained that it was untrue and inaccurate to attach $10B and $5B values on both contracts, saying “attaching monetary values to these contracts is an arbitrary act that completely distorts understanding of the situation.”

“Whenever there is a monetary value on any consignment of crude oil lifted in this country by any firm, the proceeds go directly to the Federation Account and not to any company. In fact, the Buhari administration in the implementation of the Treasury Single Account (TSA) has closed down multiple NNPC accounts in order to promote transparency and probity.”

He explained further that in compiling the shortlisting for the prospective off-takers of crude oil and suppliers of petroleum under agreed terms, there were public placements of advertisements in the mass media seeking Expressions of Interest (EoI).

Osinbajo’s spokesman added that bids were publicly opened in the presence of regulatory agencies in the sector and civil society groups among others.

He said, “For the sake of emphasis, let me state clearly that both the Crude Term Contract and the Direct Sale and Direct Purchase agreements are not contracts for any procurement of goods, works or services, and, therefore, do not involve the use of public funds; instead, they are simply a shortlisting of off-takers.

“It is important to set the records straight that the list of approved off-takers does not carry any financial values but simply states the terms and conditions for the lifting and supply of petroleum products.”

Akande also informed that the Ajaokuta-Kaduna-Kano (AKK) Gas Pipeline Contract was a contractor-financed contract which has not yet been finalised or awarded, saying it is making its way to the Federal Executive Council.

He added, “There were also three presidential approvals given on Joint Venture financing arrangements, meaning loans to cater for cash call obligations – one of these was okayed by the President in 2015, and two by the then Acting President in 2017.”

https://www.channelstv.com/2017/10/15/breaking-no-25bn-nnpc-contracts-anywhere-says-presidency/

Z o m b I e z.... Vomit is ready
Re: "There Is No $25bn NNPC Contract Anywhere" - Laolu Akande by no1madman(m): 6:51am On Oct 16, 2017
Bahahaha Hashanah!

1 Like

Re: "There Is No $25bn NNPC Contract Anywhere" - Laolu Akande by afrika(f): 7:01am On Oct 16, 2017
Jonathan is far better than this current government.

Hol lee sheet!!!!

1 Like

Re: "There Is No $25bn NNPC Contract Anywhere" - Laolu Akande by AreaFada2: 7:03am On Oct 16, 2017
VellyG:

Gbam! He might even have sensed that he could be removed in a reshuffle. Better to put the record straight now. Before they will claim that he approved the inflated and fictitious contracts.

We all know awarding contracts is the mainstay of political corruption in Nigeria. Where fronts like cronies, family members and girlfriends can incorporate a company today and be award huge contracts next week. grin cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "There Is No $25bn NNPC Contract Anywhere" - Laolu Akande by Carter4luv(m): 7:11am On Oct 16, 2017
Ohhhhhh were is 2019 pls do come abeg we can't wait to vote out dis money sucking party called apc

2 Likes

Re: "There Is No $25bn NNPC Contract Anywhere" - Laolu Akande by Bizibi(m): 7:28am On Oct 16, 2017
ArmedRobber:
so what happened when it was reported that 2b dollars was missing,I'm sure u were an adult then.

1 Like

Re: "There Is No $25bn NNPC Contract Anywhere" - Laolu Akande by Kendrick80(m): 7:33am On Oct 16, 2017
DutchBruh:
$25billion oil money is still missing,,,Them set enquiry, them say money no loss si ooo,E no finish,,,,, E no finish,,,,, E no finish,,,,, E no finish,,,,, E no finish,,,,, E no finish,,,,, tanta taranran ( buhari 1977, same buhari 2017)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6ouQTAaxHc

Fela Warned our fathers about Buhari
Supervisor obansanjo,him say money no lost e oh...enquiry come close e ohhhh e Neva finish Neva finish Neva finish Neva finish
Re: "There Is No $25bn NNPC Contract Anywhere" - Laolu Akande by RillJ(m): 7:35am On Oct 16, 2017
The appropriate thin for Kachukwu now is to resign. The govt has activated the denial button and gradually bending facts. They will certainly look for ways to label Kachukwu a hoax and damage his image.
Re: "There Is No $25bn NNPC Contract Anywhere" - Laolu Akande by tintall(m): 7:54am On Oct 16, 2017
No $25b what It's like thunder want to fire all this APC people sha.
Una must provide that money o. Imagine make dem share $1m to each nigerian, change go remain sef...
We dey suffer for this black hole named Nigeria
Re: "There Is No $25bn NNPC Contract Anywhere" - Laolu Akande by israelmao(m): 7:59am On Oct 16, 2017
This mess is too big to clear!

1 Like

Re: "There Is No $25bn NNPC Contract Anywhere" - Laolu Akande by Lilimax(f): 8:07am On Oct 16, 2017
israelmao:
This mess is too big to clear!
Honestly!
Using the term 'Malicious' on Kachikwu's statement means they are out to rubbish him...
The best thing is for him to go when the ovation is loud.
He has brought to light the level of corruption going on in NNPC embarassed

1 Like

Re: "There Is No $25bn NNPC Contract Anywhere" - Laolu Akande by salesforce: 8:10am On Oct 16, 2017
Really
Re: "There Is No $25bn NNPC Contract Anywhere" - Laolu Akande by Myself2(m): 10:03am On Oct 16, 2017
And there was a certain $2 billion dollars arms deal fund abi

Buhari na Thunder go fire you

As for you Laolu omo Akande,,,,,, may you eat sh!it the rest of this week. I have no word for you cos na errand you dey run to sustain your belle.
Re: "There Is No $25bn NNPC Contract Anywhere" - Laolu Akande by KingOfSkills: 11:12am On Oct 16, 2017
ArmedRobber:
no need to exchange insult with a ret@rd like you. since peddling lies makes u feel happy you re free to continue living happily in ur delusion
no need to exchange insults with an armed robber like you. watch ur back bro. ur mates who cross my redline are dead
Re: "There Is No $25bn NNPC Contract Anywhere" - Laolu Akande by lateefsul: 11:24am On Oct 16, 2017
Be readily dressed for a wedding a casual outing http:///2gHuIx4

Re: "There Is No $25bn NNPC Contract Anywhere" - Laolu Akande by meforkene(m): 12:03pm On Oct 16, 2017
How many versions in 1 week?
Kachikwu : They signed $25bn contracts Baru : We followed due process and PMB signed it Baru : No,Osinbajo signed it VP aide : Osibanjo signed contract Osinbajo : I did not sign any contract Presidency : There were no contracts.
All these while na dem dey talk,na dem dey answer.

1 Like

Re: "There Is No $25bn NNPC Contract Anywhere" - Laolu Akande by Leke001: 12:28pm On Oct 16, 2017
...when Pastors begin to lie...
Re: "There Is No $25bn NNPC Contract Anywhere" - Laolu Akande by Yusman316(m): 12:46pm On Oct 16, 2017
Spylord48:
denial as usual.
This government sef
They re giving u facts and figures yet u claiming denial. Please u ve any info that the general public don't ve, do enlightened us. When will we remove sentiments from our scrutiny of affairs as it pertains others or people we don't like. The worse part of it is, supposedly enlightened minds toe the same line

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fayose Didn’t Speak For Us On Jega – PDP / N5,000 For The Poor: Katsina Women Storm Bank To Demand For APC Social Security / PDP Clears Ladoja, Adedoja, 7 Others For National Chairmanship Seat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.