Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,472 members, 7,808,701 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:38 PM

Morocco Is Testing Africa's Fastest Train, Targeting 200mph(Photos) - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Morocco Is Testing Africa's Fastest Train, Targeting 200mph(Photos) (2389 Views)

US Strike Targeting Mullah Nangyalay, Taliban Commander Causes Civilian Casualty / Trump: US 'Targeting' 52 Iranian Sites, To Strike If Iran Attacks US Assets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Morocco Is Testing Africa's Fastest Train, Targeting 200mph(Photos) by Explorers(m): 9:02pm On Oct 15, 2017
Engineers in Morocco are preparing to test Africa's first high-speed railway this week with trains reaching 320kilometres (200 miles) per hour, the country's rail office said on Monday.

The top speed of the Eurostar slashing journey times between the country’s key economic hubs by almost two thirds.

The 215-mile journey from Casablanca to Tangier via the capital city of Rabat will now take just two hours, rather than five, when the service launches next summer.

One train reached 275kph (170 mph) on Monday along a stretch of track between the northern cities of Kenitra and Tangier, the ONCF said.

'This is already the fastest train on the African continent,' said French Foreign Minister Jean-Yves Le Drian, who was in Morocco to sign a loan deal between the ONCF and the French Development Agency.

Morocco's TGV, which gets its name from the French abbreviation for high-speed trains, is set to enter service in summer 2018.

The total cost of the project, 50 per cent financed by France through various loans, is around $2.4billion (two billion euros).

http://www.africanews.com/2017/10/10/morocco-prepares-to-test-africa-s-fastest-train-targeting-320kph//

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-4963908/Morocco-prepares-test-fastest-train-Africa.html
Lalasticlala, Mynd44

Re: Morocco Is Testing Africa's Fastest Train, Targeting 200mph(Photos) by Explorers(m): 9:02pm On Oct 15, 2017
Moroccan Foreign Minister Nasser Bourita and his French counterpart Jean-Yves Le Drian in Rabat on October 9, 2017.

Re: Morocco Is Testing Africa's Fastest Train, Targeting 200mph(Photos) by Nobody: 9:06pm On Oct 15, 2017
What's Nigeria testing?
Re: Morocco Is Testing Africa's Fastest Train, Targeting 200mph(Photos) by Perge(m): 9:06pm On Oct 15, 2017
J
Re: Morocco Is Testing Africa's Fastest Train, Targeting 200mph(Photos) by hatchy(f): 9:14pm On Oct 15, 2017
While Nigeria is testing the locomotives Mungo Park used during his stay in the Niger area.

Nigeria cannot move an inch in terms of development because it is 100% black country. The blacks are subhumans and incompetent in governing themselves.The absence of the whites and yellows is the bane of our underdevelopment and corruption that has eaten deep into the soul of this country.

Useless and backward black nation!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Morocco Is Testing Africa's Fastest Train, Targeting 200mph(Photos) by oz4real83(m): 9:14pm On Oct 15, 2017
Other countries are migrating to digital ways of doing things but Nigeria is still struggling to achieve analogue success. It is obvious that the morroccan train system is eco friendly unlike the coal powered ones we still have here. The cost of this project would have been times two in cost if it was done in Nigeria even if it is smaller in coverage in Nigeria.
Re: Morocco Is Testing Africa's Fastest Train, Targeting 200mph(Photos) by Nobody: 9:22pm On Oct 15, 2017
The Morrocans are too attached to the French.. the Nigerian government must do everything within its power to block morroco from Ecowas..with what I am seeing eeh..These french people want to keep their former colonies in slavery..If Morroco joins Ecowas eeeh.. the French will even take over Naija sef.. The way they are going with Morrocans eeh.. It is not healthy for us ooh..Abuja must make use of her influence now to save Africa...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Morocco Is Testing Africa's Fastest Train, Targeting 200mph(Photos) by ramdris(m): 9:22pm On Oct 15, 2017
And 9ja?

Re: Morocco Is Testing Africa's Fastest Train, Targeting 200mph(Photos) by KendrickAyomide: 9:27pm On Oct 15, 2017
Common Morocco here.. and Nigeria is still working with Coal trains . smh
Re: Morocco Is Testing Africa's Fastest Train, Targeting 200mph(Photos) by DozieInc(m): 9:29pm On Oct 15, 2017
Joining this train to FP.

Meanwhile in Nigeria to revamp rail tracks is an issue.
Re: Morocco Is Testing Africa's Fastest Train, Targeting 200mph(Photos) by Nobody: 9:32pm On Oct 15, 2017
While Buhari is busy testing vaccines on innocent children
Re: Morocco Is Testing Africa's Fastest Train, Targeting 200mph(Photos) by NwaAmaikpe: 9:35pm On Oct 15, 2017
shocked

While Buhari is testing the world's strongest convertible Keke Napep

10 Likes

Re: Morocco Is Testing Africa's Fastest Train, Targeting 200mph(Photos) by Homeboiy: 9:43pm On Oct 15, 2017
E be like say I go relocate go that country oo undecided
Re: Morocco Is Testing Africa's Fastest Train, Targeting 200mph(Photos) by Nobody: 9:45pm On Oct 15, 2017
Nigeria's own is 160km/hr.
Re: Morocco Is Testing Africa's Fastest Train, Targeting 200mph(Photos) by Ncsamuel(m): 10:05pm On Oct 15, 2017
Mehn i tire for this country o. When i die and go to heaven sef, i ll still ashamed to have come from Nigeria. Cos Nigerian politics may even be in heaven sef.
Re: Morocco Is Testing Africa's Fastest Train, Targeting 200mph(Photos) by saintkeppy(m): 10:11pm On Oct 15, 2017
This is what I expect to see in Nigeria as giant of Africa &Africa's major Oil Exporter, but reverse is the case.
Let me just wait &see the next sets of train my Nigeria will be using on the various proposed railway route. E.g Lagos-Calabar route.

Naija leaders dey fall my hands bigtime.
When They travel, they find it difficult to replicate what they see/obtainable abroad here.
Seriously, I need a more youthful trendy president.
Mr. Donald Duke, where you@?
Re: Morocco Is Testing Africa's Fastest Train, Targeting 200mph(Photos) by kalvoken(m): 10:17pm On Oct 15, 2017
I see many of you are expecting something of this nature in 9ja, but am sorry to assure you that our present day poli-thiefcians do not have you common men at heart. Be it mumu-hari, thief-nubu, sara-mpki, ati- ukwu, roch- ass, fayi- ose, dino- man layer, hellu- fire or any of those old moguls. Be it PDP or APC.

So you people are on a longest thing, unless you decide to wrestle power from them.

4 Likes

Re: Morocco Is Testing Africa's Fastest Train, Targeting 200mph(Photos) by seunny4lif(m): 10:32pm On Oct 15, 2017
alexistaiwo:
What's Nigeria testing?
How to build pens grin grin
Re: Morocco Is Testing Africa's Fastest Train, Targeting 200mph(Photos) by ogtavia(m): 11:02pm On Oct 15, 2017
The Abuja to Kaduna Standard Guage railway cost about $900m and funny enough, it is the same travel time when compared to a road trip; 2 hours....we celebrate mediocrity in Nigeria,both past and current administration are a joke...
Re: Morocco Is Testing Africa's Fastest Train, Targeting 200mph(Photos) by Nobody: 11:34pm On Oct 15, 2017
hatchy:
While Nigeria is testing the locomotives Mungo Park used during his stay in the Niger area.

Nigeria cannot move an inch in terms of development because it is 100% black country. The blacks are subhumans and incompetent in governing themselves.The absence of the whites and yellows is the bane of our underdevelopment and corruption that has eaten deep into the soul of this country.

lol... coming from someone who claims to be in nigeria, but it's likely he is in France.. a French spy with a picture of Hitler as profile picture... look here you French spy..your days in Africa is fast coming to an end..you put our brothers (your former colonies) in debts.. they pay you 600 billion dollars a year as colonial debt that you forced them to pay..You tie their currency to your Euro. And yet you claim africa is not moving forward.. just wait until leaders like us from Nigeria take power.. we will make sure we put an end to all these rubbish and set our brothers free.. time is coming!
Re: Morocco Is Testing Africa's Fastest Train, Targeting 200mph(Photos) by Nobody: 11:53pm On Oct 15, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

While Buhari is testing the world's strongest convertible Keke Napep

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Morocco Is Testing Africa's Fastest Train, Targeting 200mph(Photos) by Nobody: 3:16am On Oct 16, 2017
I think South Africa already has a train like this........called "The Gautrain"..travelling at about the same speed. If I am correct, they should be starting rail contructions for two more come February. Good one Morocco cool
Re: Morocco Is Testing Africa's Fastest Train, Targeting 200mph(Photos) by Spylord48: 10:17am On Oct 16, 2017
Morocco of all places!!! yet the giant of Africa Is still busy constructing rail lines on paper .Worst still is making arrangements and importing old and abandon trains that travel at the rate of 30km/hr. It shall not be well with all those that put us into this mess.

Re: Morocco Is Testing Africa's Fastest Train, Targeting 200mph(Photos) by DONFASZY(m): 2:25pm On Oct 16, 2017
alexistaiwo:
What's Nigeria testing?

We are testing Zuma status in Imo state
Testing our plane if Buhari can fly all ova d world 50times witin his tenure
Testing hw USD can kill all Nigerians wit hardship n poverty
Testing if we can also ssurvive d impact frm dis administration
Re: Morocco Is Testing Africa's Fastest Train, Targeting 200mph(Photos) by DONFASZY(m): 2:27pm On Oct 16, 2017
alexistaiwo:
What's Nigeria testing?
alexistaiwo:
What's Nigeria testing?

We are testing Zuma status in Imo state
Testing our plane if Buhari can fly all ova d world 50times witin his tenure
Testing hw USD can kill all Nigerians wit hardship n poverty
Testing if we can also ssurvive d impact frm dis administration
Re: Morocco Is Testing Africa's Fastest Train, Targeting 200mph(Photos) by honey001(m): 2:28pm On Oct 16, 2017
And Nigeria is busy testing Statues.....
Re: Morocco Is Testing Africa's Fastest Train, Targeting 200mph(Photos) by McGg: 6:09pm On Oct 16, 2017
alexistaiwo:
What's Nigeria testing?
sarki's brain
Re: Morocco Is Testing Africa's Fastest Train, Targeting 200mph(Photos) by Habeyy(m): 10:23pm On Oct 16, 2017
alexistaiwo:
What's Nigeria testing?
microphone angry
Re: Morocco Is Testing Africa's Fastest Train, Targeting 200mph(Photos) by longjohnsilver: 11:05pm On Oct 16, 2017
Explorers:
Moroccan Foreign Minister Nasser Bourita and his French counterpart Jean-Yves Le Drian in Rabat on October 9, 2017.

Oga explorers, I hail oh...abeg can you give us pictures of the somalia bomb blast too.

I wonder why our people are not praying for Mogadishu...if na Florida now, d hashtag go don deh trend.
Re: Morocco Is Testing Africa's Fastest Train, Targeting 200mph(Photos) by Nobody: 11:55pm On Oct 19, 2017
hatchy:

foreign spy spotted..A Nigerian wanna be..I have. Been following you.. yes you!.. you and your group in this forum..you know what am talking about.
Re: Morocco Is Testing Africa's Fastest Train, Targeting 200mph(Photos) by DAramis: 2:30am On Oct 20, 2017
Big Development by the country.
Re: Morocco Is Testing Africa's Fastest Train, Targeting 200mph(Photos) by buskie13(m): 6:28am On Oct 20, 2017
alexistaiwo:
What's Nigeria testing?
Nigeria is busy testing unknown vaccines on innocent children across the country

(1) (Reply)

SHOCKING!! Trump Declares Joe Biden As US Next President / CAMEROON IS BUILDING THE BIGGEST PORT IN AFRICA / [picture] Strange Similarities Between Adolf Hitler And Donald Trumph.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.