Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,797 members, 7,806,205 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:03 PM

Top Catholic Bishop Explains Why Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Top Catholic Bishop Explains Why Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria (271 Views)

Catholic Bishop And Priests In UK In Isi-Agu Igbo Attire During Mass / North Using Cattle Colony To Islamise Nigeria, Igbo Wont Accept It – Archbishop / Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Top Catholic Bishop Explains Why Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria by onlinetomola(m): 8:53am On Oct 16, 2017
Top Catholic Bishop Explains Why Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria

Bishop of Catholic diocese of Oyo, most reverend Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo, has said that Muslims have an agenda to Islamise Nigeria.

Bishop Badejo made the statement when reacting to questions about claims that there were plans to Islamise Nigeria following the Sukuk loan acquisition.

Speaking with the Nigerian Tribune in an interview published on Sunday, October 15, the cleric said he had always shared the view of John Cardinal Onaiyekan that Muslims have an Islamisation agenda.

He stated that the Muslims were pursuing an agenda to Islamise to Nigeria and that they had the right to do so.

Badejo said: “I’ve always shared the view of one of our leaders, John Cardinal Onaiyekan. I believe that Muslims have an Islamisation agenda, and they have a right to have it. Do Christians have a Christianisation agenda? Yes, I hope so and we have a right to have it. The Muslims are pursuing an agenda; why are we not pursuing ours?

The cleric said Nigeria for many Nigeria had a larger number of Christians in power in the past than Muslims but that the Christians failed to make use of this advantage.

He said” The Muslims are pursuing an agenda; why are we not pursuing ours? Nigeria, for many many years, let’s be honest, had a larger number of Christians in power, in the past, than Muslims. What we should be doing is a mea culpa, that we failed when we should have worked, and that even now, instead of trying to catch up on our lapses, we’re busy pointing fingers...continue reading http://www.nairaface.com/Top-Catholic-Bishop-Explains-Why-Muslims-Have-A-Right-To-Islamise-Nigeria/

(1) (Reply)

Abducted Italian Priest Phones Home / I Won’t Be Kissing In Movies Again, Says Majid / Joy In Sorrow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.