Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,118 members, 7,807,376 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:53 PM

Jesus Christ Is Not God Almighty ! Proofs From Bible ! - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Christ Is Not God Almighty ! Proofs From Bible ! (5396 Views)

Titilope Adeboye Graduates From Bible College: Leke Adeboye Celebrates His Wife / Messi Is Not “god” – Pope Francis / Cultists Who Surrendered Weapons, Graduate From Bible School In Port Harcourt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jesus Christ Is Not God Almighty ! Proofs From Bible ! by OtemAtum: 4:58pm On Oct 16, 2017
MrOnPoint:

I thought you wrote about him in your Doctufos. How does he become a fictitious character again?
I didn't write about Jesus Christ but rather, I wrote about Faulkin(aka Yeshua or Zeusus Krista). Jesus Christ is a fictitious version of that Zeusus Krista.
Re: Jesus Christ Is Not God Almighty ! Proofs From Bible ! by zionmade1: 5:07pm On Oct 16, 2017
iamgenius:
We can do that in another thread, let's finish this one first.
no lets combine it here, since its all about the religion of peace, the true religion of bombs and 72 virgins
Re: Jesus Christ Is Not God Almighty ! Proofs From Bible ! by zionmade1: 5:08pm On Oct 16, 2017
[quote author=umarshek6 post=61480361][/quote]
and wat will happen if i refuse to marry a 9yr old kid who still urinates in her pants
Re: Jesus Christ Is Not God Almighty ! Proofs From Bible ! by enilove(m): 5:24pm On Oct 16, 2017
iamgenius:
enilove zionmade1 analice107 please disprove my claims up there, don't derail my thread.

I have disapproved it 5 hours ago but no response from you.

Are you intentionally avoiding your own thread for lack of answer ?
Re: Jesus Christ Is Not God Almighty ! Proofs From Bible ! by bahaushe1: 5:41pm On Oct 16, 2017
bedspread:
JUST SHARAPPPP SIR

Why not dispute the evidences he presented from your own book?
Re: Jesus Christ Is Not God Almighty ! Proofs From Bible ! by Peacefullove: 5:51pm On Oct 16, 2017
enilove:

There places in the Bible that says Jesus Christ is God.

1---- Isaiah 9:6-7 KJV
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. [7] Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this.

2- ---- Revelation 1:7-8 KJV
Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen. [8] I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

3----John 10:29-36 KJV
My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. [30] I and my Father are one. [31] Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him. [32] Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me? [33] The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God. [34] Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods? [35] If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken; [36] Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?

These above scpriptures show that Jesus is God.
Because a lion was given birth to does not remove it from being lion. Son of God is God.

The bolded got me laughing, those are angles u people try to hide when your lies are been exposed ,

going by your logic, Angels are sons of God too . do u believe that makes them God?
Re: Jesus Christ Is Not God Almighty ! Proofs From Bible ! by analice107: 5:55pm On Oct 16, 2017
enilove:

He is looking for relevance over copy and paste.
Re: Jesus Christ Is Not God Almighty ! Proofs From Bible ! by umarshek6(m): 5:58pm On Oct 16, 2017
enilove:

sumarrise it
Re: Jesus Christ Is Not God Almighty ! Proofs From Bible ! by enilove(m): 6:12pm On Oct 16, 2017
Since the Op has decided to go on strike , l want to add more to the other points a gave earlier . Though not direct statements but can but we can infer from the conversation that Jesus ,when on earth here , had power of a God :

Mark 2:5-12 KJV
When Jesus saw their faith, he said unto the sick of the palsy, Son, thy sins be forgiven thee. [6] But there were certain of the scribes sitting there, and reasoning in their hearts, [7] Why doth this man thus speak blasphemies? who can forgive sins but God only? [8] And immediately when Jesus perceived in his spirit that they so reasoned within themselves, he said unto them, Why reason ye these things in your hearts? [9] Whether is it easier to say to the sick of the palsy, Thy sins be forgiven thee; or to say, Arise, and take up thy bed, and walk? [10] But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power on earth to forgive sins, (he saith to the sick of the palsy,) [11] I say unto thee, Arise, and take up thy bed, and go thy way into thine house. [12] And immediately he arose, took up the bed, and went forth before them all; insomuch that they were all amazed, and glorified God, saying, We never saw it on this fashion.

We can read in verse 7 that the scribes knew that it is only God that can forgive sin. If Jesus had blasphemed , he wouldn't have been granted that request by his Father in heaven.

This debate was actually why he was killed.
Just like you are reasoning that Jesus can't be God , so I was . But not again because Jesus has showed me that he is God.
It doesn't make sense to a carnal man but he is A REAL GOD.

It was Jesus God was speaking to in :

Genesis 1:26
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
Re: Jesus Christ Is Not God Almighty ! Proofs From Bible ! by umarshek6(m): 6:25pm On Oct 16, 2017
enilove:
Since the Op has decided to go on strike , l want to add more to the other points a gave earlier . Though not direct statements but can but we can infer from the conversation that Jesus ,when on earth here , had power of a God :

When Jesus saw their faith, he said unto the sick of the palsy, Son, thy sins be forgiven thee. [6] But there were certain of the scribes sitting there, and reasoning in their hearts, [7] Why doth this man thus speak blasphemies? who can forgive sins but God only? [8] And immediately when Jesus perceived in his spirit that they so reasoned within themselves, he said unto them, Why reason ye these things in your hearts? [9] Whether is it easier to say to the sick of the palsy, Thy sins be forgiven thee; or to say, Arise, and take up thy bed, and walk? [10] But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power on earth to forgive sins, (he saith to the sick of the palsy,) [11] I say unto thee, Arise, and take up thy bed, and go thy way into thine house. [12] And immediately he arose, took up the bed, and went forth before them all; insomuch that they were all amazed, and glorified God, saying, We never saw it on this fashion.

We can read in verse 7 that the scribes knew that it is only God that can forgive sin. If Jesus had blasphemed , he wouldn't have been granted that request by his Father in heaven.

Just like you are reasoning that Jesus can't be God , so I was . But not again because Jesus has showed me that he is God.

And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

is dis a summary to u?
Or u don't understand english any more?

NB: summary means in one or two sentences
Re: Jesus Christ Is Not God Almighty ! Proofs From Bible ! by enilove(m): 6:59pm On Oct 16, 2017
umarshek6:
is dis a summary to u?
Or u don't understand english any more?

NB: summary means in one or two sentences

What is wrong with this thing.

I am sure you a school cert failure.

Is there anywhere I said I was going to summarise my post?
You just felt like showing your stupidity to the whole world, right ?

Your posts are as senseless as b4.
Olodo . Where did you read that a summary must be in one or two sentences.

I wonder the school you went to. If you were asked to summarize a 2 page comprehension ,you will use 2 sentences, isn't it? Olodo .

That is the way you correct your father at home even when you are blindly stupid .
Re: Jesus Christ Is Not God Almighty ! Proofs From Bible ! by umarshek6(m): 7:10pm On Oct 16, 2017
enilove:

What is wrong with this thing.

E. Pain am

I am sure you a school cert failure.
E still pain am

Is there anywhere I said I was going to summarise my post?
Nop. Bcoz u don't knw wat it means

You just felt like showing your stupidity to the whole world, right ?
No was trying to provoke u nd u fell for it instead of jst ignoring me

Your posts are as senseless as b4.
Olodo .
pls list dem

Where did you read that a summary must be in one or two sentences.
I didn't say must

One sentence is enough for one point

I wonder the school you went to.
AFSS kaduna

That is the way you correct your father at home even when you are blindly stupid .

my father is not as dull as u

Just say u don't knw hw to answer it Olodo

Re: Jesus Christ Is Not God Almighty ! Proofs From Bible ! by bahaushe1: 7:15pm On Oct 16, 2017
zionmade1:

U sound too angry and frustrated. Hope suicide is not ur next line of action.
Or rather did the bomb they strapped on u fail to detonate and u are missing ur 72 virgins already?.
If u want to kill urself, pm i have a free rope for u. U cant be suffering on earth wen u have 72 virgins (out of which 36 are 9 yr old kids and 36 are virgin widows) waiting for u in ur heaven (AKA hell)

I expected you to address the issues he raised in his article not side talk.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Christ Is Not God Almighty ! Proofs From Bible ! by alBHAGDADI: 7:24pm On Oct 16, 2017
iamgenius:
albagdadi is no where to be found. lol
You expect. e to contribute to this thread when you couldn't add anything reasonable to the one I created?

Ask yourself, why are your Muslims brothers afraid to comment on the thread I opened?
Re: Jesus Christ Is Not God Almighty ! Proofs From Bible ! by bahaushe1: 7:53pm On Oct 16, 2017
umarshek6:

she was an adolecent den

u don't expect 9yrs old -in d year 2017 to be all grown up like.that of 700AD du u

Please stop responding to people who show no sense of decency.
Re: Jesus Christ Is Not God Almighty ! Proofs From Bible ! by alBHAGDADI: 7:54pm On Oct 16, 2017
iamgenius:
JESUS IS NOT ALL-KNOWING LIKE GOD, SO HE’S NOT GOD!

“But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son (Servant), but the Father (God).” [Mark 13:32]
JESUS (PBUH) IS NOT EQUAL TO GOD, SO HE’S NOT GOD!

Jesus (pbuh) said, “I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.” [John 5:30]

Another translation of the same verse:
Jesus (pbuh) said, “By myself I can do NOTHING; I judge only as I hear, and my judgment is just, for I seek not to please myself but him who sent me.” [John 5:30]

Jesus (pbuh) said, “The Father is greater than I.” [John 14:28]

Jesus (pbuh) said, “The father is greater than all.” [John 10:29]

“Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.” [John 7:16]

“Truly, truly, I say to you, a slave is not greater (meizon) than his master, nor is one who is sent greater (meizon) than the one who sent him.” [John 13:16]
I really didn't want to attend to your thread simply because you failed to address my own thread, instead you created yours.

You See, you Muslims are always confusing yourselves. First, you claim the Bible is corrupt, yet you dig your nose in it looking for scriptures.

Most of the verses you even quote in your attack of Christianity are verses that expose Islam and show how confused you Muslims are.

How can a sane person and religion adherent claim God has no Son, yet he is quick to quote verses that show Jesus talking about God being his Father?

Isn't that shooting oneself in the foot?

The Quran and Allah says God is not a Father and has no Son, yet a confused fellow like you quoted numerous verses that show Jesus calling God his Father.

"Say: He is Allah, the One and Only;
Allah, the Eternal, Absolute;
He begetteth not, nor is He begotten;
And there is none like unto Him."
[Quran 112:1-4]

This write up of mine alone shows you don't even understand the verses you quoted and how you are destroying Islam in the process. So, I don't need to continue.
Re: Jesus Christ Is Not God Almighty ! Proofs From Bible ! by umarshek6(m): 8:05pm On Oct 16, 2017
bahaushe1:

Please stop responding to people who show no sense of decency.
K noted
Re: Jesus Christ Is Not God Almighty ! Proofs From Bible ! by umarshek6(m): 8:16pm On Oct 16, 2017
alBHAGDADI:
I really didn't want to attend to your thread simply because you failed to address my own thread, instead you created yours.

You See, you Muslims are always confusing yourselves. First, you claim the Bible is corrupt, yet you dig your nose in it looking for scriptures.

Most of the verses you even quote in your attack of Christianity are verses that expose Islam and show how confused you Muslims are.

How can a sane person and religion adherent claim God has no Son, yet he is quick to quote verses that show Jesus talking about God being his Father?

Isn't that shooting oneself in the foot?

The Quran and Allah says God is not a Father and has no Son, yet a confused fellow like you quoted numerous verses that show Jesus calling God his Father.

"Say: He is Allah, the One and Only;
Allah, the Eternal, Absolute;
He begetteth not, nor is He begotten;
And there is none like unto Him."
[Quran 112:1-4]

This write up of mine alone shows you don't even understand the verses you quoted and how you are destroying Islam in the process. So, I don't need to continue.
. Agreed
Since u can't anwer dat will u answer dis

CRUCIFIXION OR CRUCI-FICTION: None of Jesus disciples witnessed his death..they all forsook him and fled (MARK 14:50)...JESUS came to preach oneness of God not TRINITY or die for sins (MARK 1:38. AND JOHN 17:4).....The question is: If none of the disciples witnessed his death... How did they know about the full story??.... Moreover JESUS was unwilling to die ..(Check John8:68...John10:39..Luke 22:36..Luke 4:43..Matthew 26:22 ..Matt 26: 36-39and so on)...Also After JESUS found out he was going to be killed, the bible says he dint walk among the jews anymore. Then he told his disciples to buy swords for fighting to save his life (LUKE 22:38) THE QUESTION IS IF HE KNEW HE WAS GOING TO DIE FOR HUMANS SINS...WHY DIDNT HE LET HIMSELF BE CAPTURED.??..WHY DID HE ORDER HIS DISCIPLES TO BUY SWORDS ?
Re: Jesus Christ Is Not God Almighty ! Proofs From Bible ! by ScienceWatch: 9:41pm On Oct 16, 2017
wolesmile:
OtemATum, get outta this thread.
felixomor, any counter argument?
plapville, truthman2012, bennyann, ScienceWatch, DoctorAlien, Analice107, parisbookaddict, oaroloye, ishilove, alBHAGDADI, and others, iamgenius has brought food o!
enilove, I'm a lil busy now. Address the passages quoted. Perhaps they were taken out of contest, who knows. But on the ones you quoted, we will discuss them at length.
I dey come.
Thanks for the invite Wolesmile. Firstly I want to say good evening to the OP "Iamgenius" and good evening to all your other honored guests. I sense a very sombre mood as I arrived but I did not come here to mourn.

Allow me to contribute using my usual very plain laymans language so as not to encourage a bland and lifeless philosophical debate on a topic that has the greatest spiritual significance above all else. I wish to present my case in several stages because of the obvious gravity of the debate and to bring clarity to the minds of those that have been touched by the rare spirit of Jesus Christ himself.

I have not accepted this invitation to insult or argue with the OP. He at least has put in some effort to present his case from a purely materialistic viewpoint. This is a common mistake made by many because the ministry of Jesus and who he is and what he came to do is far superior to all other sent ones. The verifiable evidence easily proves that. I must say here that Jesus never came to upstage or compete with other religions.

The OP also failed to realize that Jesus in his great wisdom had to allow others to label him according to their level of understanding. Jesus never allowed the labels, Prophet, son of man, etc to distract him, the Jewish leaders labeled him a blasphemer.

Unknowingly, the OP has failed to show any understanding of the role and challenges of the most powerful spiritual mentor to those that
have a low materialistic understanding of life. The same challenges confront any powerful spiritual mentor today regardless of their education level. In fact it is a lot more difficult to mentor those with higher education. It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of
a needle, than for an educated/rich man to enter into the portals of light. The educated Atheists that troll religious topics make a good study.
They can learn much from the esteemed Nairalander, Sarassin's experience of what he went through to gain spiritual knowledge and the reality of its application. I mention this because all the spiritual education is far above secular education and the practical results are above the abilities of the most gifted professors regardless of their genius. Another easy to access study of spiritual power is the Scoan via Emmanuel TV. I mention the two examples without any bias because they are easy to access for the benefit of the truth seeker.
This awareness should help us realize that the spiritual powers of Jesus still is extremely unique and far superior to anything man can access.

It is most instructive to observe how Jesus explained the most complex spiritual principles in the most simple language. We too will make the most progress if we keep it simple.

To be continued
Re: Jesus Christ Is Not God Almighty ! Proofs From Bible ! by alBHAGDADI: 9:52pm On Oct 16, 2017
umarshek6:
. Agreed
Since u can't anwer dat will u answer dis

CRUCIFIXION OR CRUCI-FICTION: None of Jesus disciples witnessed his death..they all forsook him and fled (MARK 14:50)...JESUS came to preach oneness of God not TRINITY or die for sins (MARK 1:38. AND JOHN 17:4).....The question is: If none of the disciples witnessed his death... How did they know about the full story??.... Moreover JESUS was unwilling to die ..(Check John8:68...John10:39..Luke 22:36..Luke 4:43..Matthew 26:22 ..Matt 26: 36-39and so on)...Also After JESUS found out he was going to be killed, the bible says he dint walk among the jews anymore. Then he told his disciples to buy swords for fighting to save his life (LUKE 22:38) THE QUESTION IS IF HE KNEW HE WAS GOING TO DIE FOR HUMANS SINS...WHY DIDNT HE LET HIMSELF BE CAPTURED.??..WHY DID HE ORDER HIS DISCIPLES TO BUY SWORDS ?
Na wah for you o.

You are just quoting verses anyhow. Who told you none of his disciples witnessed his death? This alone shows that one shouldn't argue with you cos you lack knowledge of what you want to argue about.

For your information, John witnessed His death, likewise his mother when he was on the cross.

John 19:26:27

When Jesus saw his mother there, and the disciple whom he loved standing nearby, he said to her, "Woman, here is your son,"
and to the disciple, "Here is your mother." From that time on, this disciple took her into his home.
Re: Jesus Christ Is Not God Almighty ! Proofs From Bible ! by bahaushe1: 9:55pm On Oct 16, 2017
enilove:

Op, it is over 4 hours I posted this to you to counter your wrong view about Jesus.Are you still serching?

My conclusion is this; Your silence means you have consented.

As for John 10:30, kindly start reading from John 10:25. The statement in John 10:30 is a summation of John 10: 28 and 29.
Re: Jesus Christ Is Not God Almighty ! Proofs From Bible ! by tofek4real: 9:56pm On Oct 16, 2017
enilove:

There places in the Bible that says Jesus Christ is God.

1---- Isaiah 9:6-7 KJV
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. [7] Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this.

2- ---- Revelation 1:7-8 KJV
Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen. [8] I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

3----John 10:29-36 KJV
My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. [30] I and my Father are one. [31] Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him. [32] Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me? [33] The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God. [34] Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods? [35] If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken; [36] Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?

These above scpriptures show that Jesus is God.
Because a lion was given birth to does not remove it from being lion. Son of God is God.
Well said Jehovah Almighty is the father (God) And he had a son Called Jesus (Mighty God) His father gave the son Jesus so much power to qualified him to equate him as God He always make references to his Almighty father and Jesus never thought it wise to be equal to him. So he remain loyal to his Almighty father till death and received all power from Jehovah Almighty being his son. Nothing confusing here my Brothers The Bible stated everything clearly
Re: Jesus Christ Is Not God Almighty ! Proofs From Bible ! by alBHAGDADI: 10:03pm On Oct 16, 2017
tofek4real:
Well said Jehovah Almighty is the father (God) And he had a son Called Jesus (Mighty God) His father gave the son Jesus so much power to qualified him to equate him as God He always make references to his Almighty father and Jesus never thought it wise to be equal to him. So he remain loyal to his Almighty father till death and received all power from Jehovah Almighty being his son. Nothing confusing here my Brothers The Bible stated everything clearly
Jere comes a heretic Jehovah's witnesses member regurgitating what his governing body fed him.

But you guys claim Jesus was angel Michael before coming to earth, Na?
Re: Jesus Christ Is Not God Almighty ! Proofs From Bible ! by enilove(m): 10:16pm On Oct 16, 2017
alBHAGDADI:
Jere comes a heretic Jehovah's witnesses member regurgitating what his governing body fed him.

But you guys claim Jesus was angel Michael before coming to earth, Na?

I am not a Jehovah's witness. I love them though. They are peaceful people despite their beliefs. Here ,don't let us be divided but first lets educate the unbelievers.

@alBHAGDADI, what I qouted are all from the Bible. I don't add or remove from the Bible.
Re: Jesus Christ Is Not God Almighty ! Proofs From Bible ! by OtemAtum: 10:18pm On Oct 16, 2017
enilove:

You see your life.
Why are you serving a god that takes days for him to reveal things to you ?

You said it all, the God Almighty I serve is diff from yours.

kikiki, as if Yahweh even reveals things to you at all cheesy
It's not even God Almighty that will reveal it to me. It's the gift of God Almighty which is in every head and that's the brain. Now let's do reverse psychology. I have inferred from your argument that Yahweh, the creature of God Almighty won't take days before revealing things to you? Now since it's in his own code of conduct to gossip people's private life to his worshippers, pls help me ask him to tell you my full name and give you other revelations concerning me. Don't give an excuse pls. cool
Re: Jesus Christ Is Not God Almighty ! Proofs From Bible ! by enilove(m): 10:38pm On Oct 16, 2017
bahaushe1:

As for John 10:30, kindly start reading from John 10:25. The statement in John 10:30 is a summation of John 10: 28 and 29.

Here is what you requested.

John 10:25-39 KJV
Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me. [26] But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you. [27] My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: [28] And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. [29] My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. [30] I and my Father are one. [31] Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him. [32] Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me? [33] The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God. [34] Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods? [35] If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken; [36] Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God? [37] If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not. [38] But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him. [39] Therefore they sought again to take him: but he escaped out of their hand,

It still does not change the fact that Jesus did not deny the accusation that he was making himself God ,as in verse 33 above.
Re: Jesus Christ Is Not God Almighty ! Proofs From Bible ! by iamgenius(m): 11:15pm On Oct 16, 2017
zionmade1:

no lets combine it here, since its all about the religion of peace, the true religion of bombs and 72 virgins
The first time I got to know you, you like insults too much. But I like to reason and use my brain, but you are not making use of ur senses for good except insults.
Re: Jesus Christ Is Not God Almighty ! Proofs From Bible ! by iamgenius(m): 11:21pm On Oct 16, 2017
enilove:

Unfortunately, you are still repeating what albaghdadi said in his thread. You are not making sense at all. I couldn't charge my phone where I am right now that's why I didn't respond quickly. You can see my battery level up there.

Re: Jesus Christ Is Not God Almighty ! Proofs From Bible ! by ScienceWatch: 12:33am On Oct 17, 2017
ScienceWatch:
Thanks for the invite Wolesmile. Firstly I want to say good evening to the OP "Iamgenius" and good evening to all your other honored guests. I sense a very sombre mood as I arrived but I did not come here to mourn.

Allow me to contribute using my usual very plain laymans language so as not to encourage a bland and lifeless philosophical debate on a topic that has the greatest spiritual significance above all else. I wish to present my case in several stages because of the obvious gravity of the debate and to bring clarity to the minds of those that have been touched by the rare spirit of Jesus Christ himself.

I have not accepted this invitation to insult or argue with the OP. He at least has put in some effort to present his case from a purely materialistic viewpoint. This is a common mistake made by many because the ministry of Jesus and who he is and what he came to do is far superior to all other sent ones. The verifiable evidence easily proves that. I must say here that Jesus never came to upstage or compete with other religions.

The OP also failed to realize that Jesus in his great wisdom had to allow others to label him according to their level of understanding. Jesus never allowed the labels, Prophet, son of man, etc to distract him, the Jewish leaders labeled him a blasphemer.

Unknowingly, the OP has failed to show any understanding of the role and challenges of the most powerful spiritual mentor to those that
have a low materialistic understanding of life. The same challenges confront any powerful spiritual mentor today regardless of their education level. In fact it is a lot more difficult to mentor those with higher education. It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of
a needle, than for an educated/rich man to enter into the portals of light. The educated Atheists that troll religious topics make a good study.
They can learn much from the esteemed Nairalander, Sarassin's experience of what he went through to gain spiritual knowledge and the reality of its application. I mention this because all the spiritual education is far above secular education and the practical results are above the abilities of the most gifted professors regardless of their genius. Another easy to access study of spiritual power is the Scoan via Emmanuel TV. I mention the two examples without any bias because they are easy to access for the benefit of the truth seeker.
This awareness should help us realize that the spiritual powers of Jesus still is extremely unique and far superior to anything man can access.

It is most instructive to observe how Jesus explained the most complex spiritual principles in the most simple language. We too will make the most progress if we keep it simple.

To be continued
Keeping the honorable OP and his sincere concerns in mind, I must proceed with simplicity. The OP's conclusions will be respectfully dealt with later.

To lay the ground work, it will be good to try to get a deeper understanding of the meaning of the works/miracles done by Jesus.
1) What was the real purpose of those works/miracles ?
2) Was any miracles done for personal gain, such as status, ambition, etc ?
3) How was the peoples lives affected by those works/miracles.
4) What effect did the works/miracles have on the Jewish leadership and its centers of power, the synagogue ?
5) More than two thousand years later, can we experience the unique Gospel works/miracles today ?
6) Can those unique works/miracles be experienced through faith in other deities ?

In its simplicity, the answers will slowly start to reveal hidden mysteries about the person called Jesus. The world today is still confused and even enraged wherever his unique power manifests itself. Jesus set the eternal standards for his disciples/pastor which is based on his own living example; teach, then demonstrate. teach then demonstrate. That is what Jesus meant when He said, "Take the gospel to all the world." When His trainees were ready, he sent them two by two to all the towns and commanded, "Go and heal, bless and deliver the peoples demons.

From this we see the magnificence of the Christ and the eventual revelation that He is the Son of God. This was only possible after his trainees were gradually and sufficiently schooled in spiritual matters. For obvious reasons Jesus never taught His disciples and the masses the same things. The masses now know the same things because of scripture, but there is a lot that is not meant ears of the uninitiated masses. The requirements are beyond their personal capacity. That's why Jesus trained disciples/pastors.
He never wanted to leave his disciples/pastors with an exhaustive Philosophy or lifeless doctrine of rules and laws. He wanted the masses to experience the incredible practical and spiritual love of God. His love was Gods personal love for suffering mankind.

You must be asking, what has all this got to do with the OP ? We will start to see how all this will shed new light on the OP's materialistic conclusions. I have no grips with the OP for expressing his concerns in the manner that he did. The OP's argument is of Jewish origin.
The Jews had for hundreds of years after Resurrection of Jesus Christ, fabricated a protection for their own guilty conscience.

To be continued.
Re: Jesus Christ Is Not God Almighty ! Proofs From Bible ! by ScienceWatch: 1:28am On Oct 17, 2017
enilove:

Your summary is brilliant.

1) The forgiveness of sins.
2) The accusation of blasphemy.
3) God would not have granted the request for the forgiveness of that mans sins if Jesus committed the grave sin of blasphemy.
4) The Jewish holy men failed to interpret the words Jesus spoke and the Physical evidence corresponding to His words. "You sins are forgiven."
5) God said let US make man in our own image and likeness.

I believe the esteemed Nairalander, umarshek6 will agree that Enilove's summary is brief. This is a highly complex issue that cannot be understood using the lowest mental faculty known as logic, no matter how brilliant you are. (Carnal Mind)

I add more scripture that may be relevant ;

Jesus said, I and the father are one."

"I in him, and He in me."

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was God, and the Word was with God. Everything was made by the Word, nothing that was made was made without the word."

Jesus Has the Names of God. Jesus Christ possesses divine names—names that can only be used of God.

For example: Jesus is Yahweh. Yahweh is a very common Hebrew name for God in the Old Testament, occurring over 5,300 times. It is translated Lord (all capitals) in many English translations of the Bible.

We first learn of this name in Exodus 3, where Moses asked God by what name He should be called. God replied to him, “I AM WHO I AM. . . .Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, ‘I AM has sent me to you’ ” (verse 14). Yahweh is basically a shortened form of “I AM WHO I AM” (verse 15). The name conveys the idea of eternal self-existence. Yahweh never came into being at a point in time for He has always existed.

Jesus implicitly ascribed this divine name to himself during a confrontation He had with a group of hostile Jews. He said, “I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM” (John 8:58). Jesus deliberately contrasted the created origin of Abraham—whom the Jews venerated—with His own eternal, uncreated nature as God.

Jesus is Kurios. The New Testament Greek equivalent of the Old Testament Hebrew name Yahweh is Kurios. Used of God, Kurios carries the idea of a sovereign being who exercises absolute authority. The word is translated Lord in English translations of the Bible.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jesus Christ Is Not God Almighty ! Proofs From Bible ! by zionmade1: 1:36am On Oct 17, 2017
iamgenius:
The first time I got to know you, you like insults too much. But I like to reason and use my brain, but you are not making use of ur senses for good except insults.
U want to talk about Jesus, i want to talk about Mohammed, how is that an insult? Or has it become an insult telling the story of aisha and Mohammad?

1 Like

Re: Jesus Christ Is Not God Almighty ! Proofs From Bible ! by Originakalokalo(m): 5:29am On Oct 17, 2017
Philip said:. Show us the father.

In Plain language, without any need for interpretation

Jesus said:. Why did you say that? I have been with you for so long. And you are still asking for the father.

If you have seen me, you have seen the father.
( Because he is the image of the invisible God)

The 24 elders worshiped Jesus in Revelation.

The disciples worshiped him after his ressurection.

Unto us CHILD is born. His name is called Everlasting FATHER

A son is called Everlasting FATHER.

This is why many people are lost.

1. Unto the Greek,( The Logical Ones) the Bible calls the gospel FOOLISHNESS.

2. Unto the Jews (The Spiritual ones) the Bible calls the gospel A STUMBLING BLOCK.

Why?
They had a path already (Mosaic Law) the gospel is a block on their smooth" path.

3. To those who are saved,. It is the power and the wisdom of God.

Many people belong to category 1. The logical.

Some few Jews belong to category 2.

For a son to be called a father, it is a wisdom and Power of God to the category 3 guys.

Sorry if you are in category 1.

I can't help you.

No be my fault.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Satan Has Deceived The Atheists / Random And Crazy Posters Of The Prosperity Gospel / How To Attract Money And Customers To Your Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.