Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,131 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:35 AM

How To Invest In The Nigerian Stock Exchange - Investment (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / How To Invest In The Nigerian Stock Exchange (19876 Views)

Dangote Plans Listing $20bn Refinery On Nigerian Stock Exchange / Nigerian Stock Market Investors Lose N136.88 Billion In Five Days / Election Result: Nigerian Stock Market Loses N85 Billion In 6 Hours (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Invest In The Nigerian Stock Exchange by SilverG33k(m): 6:03pm On Oct 16, 2017
yinka2011:

totally different.

betting vs investing.

rest i think you must be smart enough to know the difference.
If stockexchange is investments, then why are people scared to invest?? They will probably lose some cash? Is that one investment ?
Re: How To Invest In The Nigerian Stock Exchange by chimaobinelson(m): 6:04pm On Oct 16, 2017
with minimum of how much is ok to start, ir do low income earners have a chance?
Re: How To Invest In The Nigerian Stock Exchange by yinka2011: 6:11pm On Oct 16, 2017
SilverG33k:

If stockexchange is investments, then why are people scared to invest?? They will probably lose some cash? Is that one investment ?

yes your fears of losing money are totally legit.

thats why you should try the easykobo website stock game. you can practice investing in stock market without putting in any money. and its free.

then you can know for sure how you would do with real money. hope it helps.
Re: How To Invest In The Nigerian Stock Exchange by deafeyez: 6:12pm On Oct 16, 2017
nairametrics:

READ MORE: https://nairametrics.com/invest-nigerian-stock-exchange/
What is the down side of Stockbroker one should be weary of.
Re: How To Invest In The Nigerian Stock Exchange by Nobody: 6:36pm On Oct 16, 2017
I'll rather invest in bet9ja.....
Re: How To Invest In The Nigerian Stock Exchange by Nobody: 6:36pm On Oct 16, 2017
Please op can i have your emai adress. I want to know about this shares because my father bought some couple of years back in my name
Re: How To Invest In The Nigerian Stock Exchange by chinnyonwu(m): 6:47pm On Oct 16, 2017
SEUN, if a thread on investing in stock market can be pushed to front page, i dont see why cryptocurrency and forex investments are restricted on nairaland.
Both of them involve making calculated bets on the value of a stock/crypto to your favour.
If you are not well informed in any of both , you could lose too.

Reconsider that your rule against forex.infact every investment in life usually proves stubborn and has a learning curve.. There are failures and successes in every line of business.
Investment Banks make billions from their forex trading arms.

1 Like

Re: How To Invest In The Nigerian Stock Exchange by gotousa2013: 6:56pm On Oct 16, 2017
Dont buy any fucking stock, use your head to build your own business , control your assets and determine your profits. Stocj is jyst pure scam.

3 Likes

Re: How To Invest In The Nigerian Stock Exchange by dotcomnamename: 7:02pm On Oct 16, 2017
chukzyfcbb:
Stock exchange for me and my household is a no no, I rather move into crypto than naija stocks.
in 10yrs how many IpO has been launched?

Stocks where insider trading is the norm, abeg I will pass.
in 2005/2006 when I was in ss2/3, that's when I was introduced to stocks. My uncle told me about his shares. lasaco that was trading at 3naira per share.

Ever since then I have been monitoring lasaco shares, both in boarding house I run to the library to read newspapers. Up till today lasaco never even nack 1naira/share, that's 10solid years oh.

Investment no move. Nonsense wayo stock market

#Team Money market

#TeamTreasuryBills grin

6 Likes

Re: How To Invest In The Nigerian Stock Exchange by sylvez(m): 7:09pm On Oct 16, 2017
having read op's post and all the comments above me, I hereby draw a conclusion that you should build up your business/asset to the level of listing it on the NSE market to start.

I was taught that share is a unit of a company's capital available to the public, in other words if you buy the share of any company you are a co-owner of that company to the units you are holding or bought.

it is advised that you buy shares of a company that deals on goods we consume daily e. g dangote, nestle, etc

so, aspire to list your business in the NSE,

I just comment make e no b like say I no comment.

2 Likes

Re: How To Invest In The Nigerian Stock Exchange by megafone: 7:51pm On Oct 16, 2017
sacluxisback:

Not fair!

I wrote a sentence, so I am legitimately first to comment

grin
Re: How To Invest In The Nigerian Stock Exchange by LOVEGINO(m): 7:59pm On Oct 16, 2017
Buy 1bitcoin today and ur life ll never be the same again.

1 Like

Re: How To Invest In The Nigerian Stock Exchange by dotcomnamename: 8:10pm On Oct 16, 2017
LOVEGINO:
Buy 1bitcoin today and ur life ll never be the same again.

Lol how much is 1 bitcoin?
Re: How To Invest In The Nigerian Stock Exchange by tayecrypto: 8:13pm On Oct 16, 2017
cryptocurrency invesments is the only way out.,,,.check my signature nd join the group
Re: How To Invest In The Nigerian Stock Exchange by LOVEGINO(m): 8:15pm On Oct 16, 2017
dotcomnamename:

Lol how much is 1 bitcoin?
2m plus
Re: How To Invest In The Nigerian Stock Exchange by dultmax(m): 8:16pm On Oct 16, 2017
following
Re: How To Invest In The Nigerian Stock Exchange by atilla(m): 8:29pm On Oct 16, 2017
chukzyfcbb:
Stock exchange for me and my household is a no no, I rather move into crypto than naija stocks.
in 10yrs how many IpO has been launched?

Stocks where insider trading is the norm, abeg I will pass.
in 2005/2006 when I was in ss2/3, that's when I was introduced to stocks. My uncle told me about his shares. lasaco that was trading at 3naira per share.

Ever since then I have been monitoring lasaco shares, both in boarding house I run to the library to read newspapers. Up till today lasaco never even nack 1naira/share, that's 10solid years oh.

Investment no move. Nonsense wayo stock market

#Team Money market

Ur uncle told u the wrong stock if u had been searching other stocks such as gtb cap Plc nestle

Meanwhile I did a search on lasaco, the price was always between .80 to .90 kobo between 2005 and 2006 are u sure of this ur information cause just like ur uncle ur giving wrong information also

http://capitalassets.com.ng/TechnicalAnalysis.aspx?comid=79&sel=6&datebeg=06%2f10%2f2008&dateend=06%2f10%2f2009

1 Like

Re: How To Invest In The Nigerian Stock Exchange by dope904: 9:10pm On Oct 16, 2017
If you want to waste your money, go and invest in stocks in Nigeria. Fastest way to die of heart attack

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Invest In The Nigerian Stock Exchange by dotcomnamename: 9:20pm On Oct 16, 2017
LOVEGINO:
2m plus

Its a risk too bro
Re: How To Invest In The Nigerian Stock Exchange by gamaliel9: 10:56pm On Oct 16, 2017
Stock market is good but risky. I lost money in Oando bought at 24 sold at 18naira but gained massively in First Bank when it was between 2.99-3.10,i sold at 7.10naira. Most billionaires have shares. Bulls make money, . bears make money, pigs get slaughtered. My two kobq takes- Read more about stocks before investing...look for dividend paying stocks...trade volatile ones...Savvy?

4 Likes

Re: How To Invest In The Nigerian Stock Exchange by LOVEGINO(m): 5:02am On Oct 17, 2017
dotcomnamename:

Its a risk too bro
Yea. As of last 2weeks, it was 1.2m
Re: How To Invest In The Nigerian Stock Exchange by Okotoko1(m): 6:47am On Oct 17, 2017
sarafa68:
After all this long aeticle. There still aint any step by step example for the laymen.

Is the stock trading a profitable venture? Or is as risky as ponzi and bet9ja and co?.

How much should be the minumum amount for investing?...

The stock market is as profitable as any long-term investment. It is not a sharp sharp business. The risk involved is in making wrong investment which may include:
1.Investing in a business that is not well managed.
2. Investing in a business that is not investors friendly.

For the minimum amount you can invest; for me I want to place it at a N100k any thing less may look like a child's play. Actually like any longterm investment, the stock market is for the rich or wannabe rich persons.

1 Like

Re: How To Invest In The Nigerian Stock Exchange by Nobody: 12:39pm On Oct 17, 2017
Okotoko1:

The stock market is as profitable as any long-term investment. It is not a sharp sharp business. The risk involved is in making wrong investment which may include:
1.Investing in a business that is not well managed.
2. Investing in a business that is not investors friendly.

For the minimum amount you can invest; for me I want to place it at a N100k any thing less may look like a child's play. Actually like any longterm investment, the stock market is for the rich or wannabe rich persons.

thanks for shading little light to it.
We the beginners are still confuse as to the profit achievable in a long or short term investment of half million and above.

What determines the profit of the investment?

Are you saying every company registered with the NSE have a share for sale?

If one decide to invest, wat is the estimate members/shares in that company, and the percentage of share a investor is likely to get?...

Many question to ask, is there any book for this stock trading you can recommend?

2 Likes

Re: How To Invest In The Nigerian Stock Exchange by dotcomnamename: 1:20pm On Oct 17, 2017
Invest in stock at your own peril. Treasury Bills is the best because your capital money is safe. undecided

1 Like

Re: How To Invest In The Nigerian Stock Exchange by sylvez(m): 9:22pm On Oct 18, 2017
sarafa68:

thanks for shading little light to it.
We the beginners are still confuse as to the profit achievable in a long or short term investment of half million and above.

What determines the profit of the investment?

Are you saying every company registered with the NSE have a share for sale?

If one decide to invest, wat is the estimate members/shares in that company, and the percentage of share a investor is likely to get?...

Many question to ask, is there any book for this stock trading you can recommend?

m now seriously thinking on how I can start tutorials or marketing for this stock stuff ?
Re: How To Invest In The Nigerian Stock Exchange by okitejoseph: 3:32pm On Apr 03, 2018
I really want to know the basic requirement for anyone who wants to join the stock exchange market, Like if the have job openings...
https://www.nigeriabusinessplan.com.ng/how-to-invest-in-stock-market-live-for-beginners/
Re: How To Invest In The Nigerian Stock Exchange by SC1738: 4:27pm On May 19, 2018
It appears StartCredits, Nigeria's leading credit risk analytics company has calculated the expected returns of Nigeria's top stocks on the NSE using advanced models such as the CAPM. This will help Nigerian investor make better decisions on the investment portfolio.
https://startcredits.com/stocks-and-shares-return-on-investment-in-nigeria/
Re: How To Invest In The Nigerian Stock Exchange by zubidavies: 10:33pm On Apr 21, 2020

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ex Nigerian Footballer, Idah Peterside Acquires TV Station In South Africa. / Federal Government's Savings Bond Offer / MMM: If The Scheme Is Not Living On Debt, Then Where Are The Monies Stucked In?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.