Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,353 members, 7,808,235 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:12 AM

OAU Medicine And Surgery Cut-off Mark 304 - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / OAU Medicine And Surgery Cut-off Mark 304 (29780 Views)

Is Medicine And Surgery Worth All The Admission Stress? / Medicine And Surgery: Is It Worth The Attention It Gets? / Can An Average Student Study Medicine And Surgery? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

OAU Medicine And Surgery Cut-off Mark 304 by Ronaldinnioh(m): 4:00pm On Oct 16, 2017
College Of Health Sciences Releases 2017/2018 Admission Cut-off Marks

Provost has confirmed the release of the 2017/2018 admission cut-off marks for the College of Health Sciences, Obafemi Awolowo University. See below the merit Cut off Marks

Medicine -76%=304

Dentistry - 73.3%=293

Medical Rehabilitation -66.6%=266

Nursing - 67.7%=270.8
Re: OAU Medicine And Surgery Cut-off Mark 304 by daveP(m): 4:47pm On Oct 16, 2017
Watch as this univ fade out of relevance soon. They feel so godlike with cutoffs. smh.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: OAU Medicine And Surgery Cut-off Mark 304 by Nobody: 5:04pm On Oct 16, 2017
Ronaldinnioh:
College Of Health Sciences Releases 2017/2018 Admission Cut-off Marks

Provost has confirmed the release of the 2017/2018 admission cut-off marks for the College of Health Sciences, Obafemi Awolowo University. See below the merit Cut off Marks

Medicine -76%=304

Dentistry - 73.3%=293

Medical Rehabilitation -66.6%=266

Nursing - 67.7%=270.8
Re: OAU Medicine And Surgery Cut-off Mark 304 by hellohgy(m): 8:50pm On Oct 16, 2017
I don't undastand....is 304 d jamn score or number of student
Re: OAU Medicine And Surgery Cut-off Mark 304 by lulufaj(m): 8:51pm On Oct 16, 2017
I got admitted into that department in 2005 and cut-off mark was 292. The department simply attracts the best. It won't go out...it's one of the best the country has

1 Like

Re: OAU Medicine And Surgery Cut-off Mark 304 by MrEgghead(m): 9:55pm On Oct 16, 2017
lulufaj:
I got admitted into that department in 2005 and cut-off mark was 292. The department simply attracts the best. It won't go out...it's one of the best the country has
Do you know Ijeuwe Friday Stephen??
Re: OAU Medicine And Surgery Cut-off Mark 304 by d33types: 5:44am On Oct 17, 2017
daveP:
Watch as this univ fade out of relevance soon. They feel so godlike with cutoffs. smh.
They released the cutoffs based on the number of applicants therefore, there are still lots of people who made the cutoff. Only the dull ones will complain..

4 Likes

Re: OAU Medicine And Surgery Cut-off Mark 304 by lulufaj(m): 7:40am On Oct 17, 2017
MrEgghead:
Do you know Ijeuwe Friday Stephen??

He was my classmate
Re: OAU Medicine And Surgery Cut-off Mark 304 by MrEgghead(m): 7:41am On Oct 17, 2017
lulufaj:

He was my classmate
wow...
Re: OAU Medicine And Surgery Cut-off Mark 304 by Ronaldinnioh(m): 7:43am On Oct 17, 2017
d33types:

They released the cutoffs based on the number of applicants therefore, there are still lots of people who made the cutoff. Only the dull ones will complain..

My dear the performance will determine the cut-off mark..my time in OAU medicine It was 262. That year jamb was very poor. And we were only 90 I'm the class plus 20 that joined in our part two through direct entry.

It's to.maintain the standard and NUC quota. After all is it MDl labs without much equipment that you will admit and look for lecture halls.

1 Like

Re: OAU Medicine And Surgery Cut-off Mark 304 by lulufaj(m): 7:46am On Oct 17, 2017
MrEgghead:
wow...

King ofurupe we used to call him those days.
Re: OAU Medicine And Surgery Cut-off Mark 304 by MrEgghead(m): 8:05am On Oct 17, 2017
lulufaj:

King ofurupe we used to call him those days.
yes..he's my relative
Re: OAU Medicine And Surgery Cut-off Mark 304 by d33types: 9:06am On Oct 17, 2017
Ronaldinnioh:

My dear the performance will determine the cut-off mark..my time in OAU medicine It was 262. That year jamb was very poor. And we were only 90 I'm the class plus 20 that joined in our part two through direct entry.

It's to.maintain the standard and NUC quota. After all is it MDl labs without much equipment that you will admit and look for lecture halls.

Yep..that's my point too
Re: OAU Medicine And Surgery Cut-off Mark 304 by daveP(m): 5:26pm On Oct 17, 2017
d33types:

your thinking is..... who cutoff help. perhaps the ones that gloriously surpass the cutoff are now at the top of the human pyramid of life. keep defending a crappy excuse for control of a myopic system.
Re: OAU Medicine And Surgery Cut-off Mark 304 by d33types: 3:17am On Oct 18, 2017
daveP:
your thinking is..... who cutoff help. perhaps the ones that gloriously surpass the cutoff are now at the top of the human pyramid of life. keep defending a crappy excuse for control of a myopic system.
So in your thinking, everybody should be admitted regardless nuc limits and resource constrains ? Or admission should be given to those who scored less?

Let's hear your rocket science idea.

1 Like

Re: OAU Medicine And Surgery Cut-off Mark 304 by ccu84: 10:37am On Oct 18, 2017
Admission In Niga Even In Oau Is Who U Knw. I Knw Of A Guy In Oau Who Got Admitted 2 Oau Medic&surg Wit Just 228 Total Agg Nd Stil Doin Wel
Re: OAU Medicine And Surgery Cut-off Mark 304 by tayyibb(m): 12:35pm On Oct 18, 2017
ccu84:
Admission In Niga Even In Oau Is Who U Knw. I Knw Of A Guy In Oau Who Got Admitted 2 Oau Medic&surg Wit Just 228 Total Agg Nd Stil Doin Wel
That is true almost everywhere but actually there are MERITS,if u beat the cutoff ur admission is sure without connection and if not the next thing is to pull the string to be among the supplementary list.
U don't have to be brilliant to do well in medicine if u know what u are doing but the problem is to enter thru merit u have to be extremely brilliant

2 Likes

Re: OAU Medicine And Surgery Cut-off Mark 304 by Ronaldinnioh(m): 8:17am On Oct 20, 2017
tayyibb:
That is true almost everywhere but actually there are MERITS,if u beat the cutoff ur admission is sure without connection and if not the next thing is to pull the string to be among the supplementary list.
U don't have to be brilliant to do well in medicine if u know what u are doing but the problem is to enter thru merit u have to be extremely brilliant

Is this toyib? In Medicine? 500 level? That had distinction in Pathology and Nearly one in Pharmacology?
Re: OAU Medicine And Surgery Cut-off Mark 304 by femianski: 8:34am On Oct 20, 2017
d33types:

So in your thinking, everybody should be admitted regardless nuc limits and resource constrains ? Or admission should be given to those who scored less?

Let's hear your rocket science idea.
don't mind him jor
I guess guess he didn't meet the cutoff that's why he is giving silly excuses
Re: OAU Medicine And Surgery Cut-off Mark 304 by Wuyiseducon(m): 9:40am On Apr 15, 2018
What are you looking for? First-hand information about OAU and their admission processes? Search no more! Click the link below to read this article, and please, pay attention to every word.
Read article here>>>>>>>> http://wuyisblog..com.ng/2018/04/oaus-cutoff-simplified-tags-oau.html

Re: OAU Medicine And Surgery Cut-off Mark 304 by PECng: 10:38am On Oct 02, 2019
OAU Admission Rush
Being around OAU since 2006—first as a candidate, then as an undergraduate, then as a postgraduate student, and also as a known educational consultant in Ife—has given me a huge load of experience over how admission goes in Obefemi Awolowo UnIversity (OAU) at whatever level—from the level of the pre-degree, to the undergraduate (UTME and DE), and to the postgraduate; so much for refusing to leave Ife as almost everyone does when they manage to finish their first degree programme in OAU. No one loves to come back to OAU after escaping the school the first time (the word 'love' in the statement was carefully chosen). But people like me, we just act like OAU is the only university in the country, and we can’t afford to not be there. And sometimes, it does really feel as though OAU is the only university in the country. I mean, does it not sound like the lion is the only animal in the forest sometimes? Continue reading the article here>>>>https://www.pecngr.com/2019/10/oau-admission-rush-tags-nairaland-oau.html?m=1

Re: OAU Medicine And Surgery Cut-off Mark 304 by PECng: 10:36am On Oct 07, 2019
It’s no news anymore that OAU has released to JAMB the first batch of the names of people who have been offered admission by the institution, remaining for JAMB to upload it on their portal. At least everyone on the list can now see a certain change on their CAPS on JAMB’s website (i.e. change from NOT ADMITTED YET to PROCESSING ADMISSION). But before I continue on expatiating the admission news, let me take advantage of this topic to explain once again that—contrary to what almost everyone thinks—it is not JAMB that offers admission but the school you have applied to, and CAPS is only a platform JAMB uses to monitor the admission processes of every school to make sure no one is offered more than one admission when there are people who didn’t even get one. In simpler terms, your school—after screening you—determines the criteria they want to use to admit applicants, they make a list of the applicants they have considered for admission based on the criteria they have determined or through any other means that could make the applicant qualify for the consideration for admission (runs, slots, etc.), they release the lists to JAMB, and JAMB uploads them to their web (CAPS). This should be enough to make it clear how it is not JAMB that offers admission but the school. This could seem like unneeded information, but for those having issues with their schools and JAMB over their admission; they cannot see this information as useless. CONTINUE READING HERE>>>> https://www.pecngr.com/2019/10/oau-set-to-release-first-batch-tags-oau.html?m=1

Re: OAU Medicine And Surgery Cut-off Mark 304 by PECng: 10:44am On Nov 07, 2019
How Slots, “Runs” and Admission Processing work in OAU
Being a “runsman” (as they address us), I have gotten to be in conversations with candidates and parents who only know there are things called slots, “runs”, and admission processing, but really don’t understand how they work. I have also conversed with candidates and parents who don’t even know a thing about all these things I just mentioned. Hence, it becomes a call on a runsman cum blogger like me to take advantage of blogging to explain this issue which causes problems for OAU runsmen like me. I’ll start from explaining how slots work in OAU. Continue reading here>>>>>>https://www.pecngr.com/2019/11/how-slots-runs-and-admission-processing.html?m=1

Re: OAU Medicine And Surgery Cut-off Mark 304 by PECng: 10:27am On Dec 09, 2019
Still Waiting on OAU’s Admission List
The year is having just few of working days left, the school is already one week into her Rain (Second) Semester exams, and most Predegree, UTME and DE applicants are yet to have their names on CAPS as offered admission. What is happening? Why is OAU overly slow about this admission processes, and is it safe to keep waiting on OAU hoping when they eventually release all their batches of admission lists, your name will be there. Here are the questions applicants and their parents have been asking recently, and I want to address these questions in this write-up. CONTINUE READING HERE>>>>>> https://www.pecngr.com/2019/12/still-waiting-on-oaus-admission-list.html
Re: OAU Medicine And Surgery Cut-off Mark 304 by PECng: 10:54am On Feb 03, 2020
“Transfer Approval” and “Admission Eligibility Newly Introduced on CAPS: The Possible Effects
The introduction of Admission Eligibility to CAPS is the newest function to add to the web, and I can already tell it’s a very good one. Good one because aspirants and their wards won’t have to wait on an admission that will never be given again. You just check your eligibility for the course you are under consideration for, and if you don’t have three green boxes carrying yes, yes and yes in them, you already know you can’t be offered admission to that course, this is when you need a slot—the only place left which slots can still work. Your slot person will just need to get a slot for you to another department which cutoff you beat; you see how easy it suddenly got to process admission? You are carried along in every process, instead of being left in the dark as it used to be years ago. Kudos to JAMB. But if you are an aspirant currently on slots, it’s advisable you talk to your slot person ASAP to know how the new development will be affecting you or has affected you, and re-strategize on the new thing to do. CLICK HERE TO CONTINUE READING >>>> https://www.pecngr.com/2020/02/transfer-approval-and-admission.html

Re: OAU Medicine And Surgery Cut-off Mark 304 by PECng: 6:38pm On Oct 05, 2020
These Things about OAU Departmental Cutoffs
If you are an OAU aspirant or a relative of one, at some point just after the UTME or after the Post-UTME, you will definitely type something like “OAU cutoff mark” in the Google search engine, just because you want to know your admission fate or that of your ward. This is okay, only that most people don’t get to know OAU has never and will never have a departmental cutoff for a particular admission year until after the Post-UTME has been done and the results analyzed. This means if you are a 2020/2021 OAU aspirant, you have to know that whatever cutoff you’ve been seeing everywhere online cannot just be the cutoff OAU is using this admission year. CONTINUE READING THE ARTICLE HERE>>>>> https://www.pecngr.com/2020/10/these-things-about-oau-departmental.html

Re: OAU Medicine And Surgery Cut-off Mark 304 by PECng: 2:44pm On Oct 27, 2020
When you Have Changed Your Choice of Course in your UTME but the Old Course is Still Reflecting on Your OAU Post-UTME
It is very normal that between when UTME results are released and when admission offering is over, applicants will have the need to change their choices of institution or/and courses, it’s very normal. But I have to tell you that this is one of the very rampant but overlooked reasons why a lot of people lose their admission—especially when it has to do with OAU. Read me right please, changing your choices of course within OAU is not a problem at all, it only becomes a problem when you do the changing of course at a wrong time; and there are so many wrong times to change your course if you are aspiring to be offered an admission in OAU. READ THE REST OF THE ARTICLE HERE>>> https://www.pecngr.com/2020/10/when-you-have-changed-your-choice-of.html

Re: OAU Medicine And Surgery Cut-off Mark 304 by PECng: 8:41pm On Apr 25, 2021
On the 2021 OAU Post-UTME, Cutoff Marks and Admission
The OAU Post-UTME has been done and dusted, the results have been released, the ones who failed have probably gotten over it, and the ones left are the ones looking forward to the cutoffs that would remove the “have chances to be admitted” from the “have no chances for admission at all”. Thankfully, the cutoffs are beginning to roll in so early; we’ve seen the ones for the departments in Health Sciences, we’ve seen the ones for the departments in Social Sciences, and more faculties are likely to release theirs this week. Unlike what many think, these cutoffs are so high, but not too high; in fact I'm thinking before drafting the cutoffs, they put into consideration the fact that a lot of people already failed in the Post-UTME, so no need to use the cutoff in screening everybody out again. But despite the fact that the cutoffs released so far are only fairly high, there would still be: people who would be screened out because of some infinitesimal numbers deficit in their scores (when cutoff is 79.75 and you scored 79.74, and the catchments and EDLS still wouldn’t save you); people who would beat the cutoff but would still be screened out because they didn’t take the appropriate subjects combination in the UTME or have completely the required subjects in their O/Levels; and, the funny case, people who have scored lower than the cutoff but they got admitted anyways (because they knew what to do and they did it on time); if you know what I mean, good. CONTINUE READING HERE>>>>https://www.pecngr.com/2021/04/on-2021-oau-post-utme-cutoff-marks-and.html

Re: OAU Medicine And Surgery Cut-off Mark 304 by PECng: 12:18pm On Oct 10, 2023
OAU’s Departmental Cut-offs for 2022/2023 UTME Admissions
It should be understood now that the cut-offs being released now are largely what determines whether an applicant gets admitted or not. These cut-offs are relatively high this year because OAU aims to admit only 40% of its admission quota from these applicants as they have admitted 60% of the admission quota from last year’s applicants. Don’t get the last statement wrong, as it doesn’t mean OAU is admitting 40% of the 2022/2023 applicants, it only means OAU has an admission quota every admission year, and since the 2021/2022 applicants and the 2022/2023 applicants are going to be merged to fit into one academic session to resume together soon, it means that the admission quota has to be shared around the 2021/2022 applicants and the 2022/2023 applicants. Let’s say OAU’s admission quota is 20,000 slots for the academic session resuming later this year, it would mean that 12,000 applicants have been admitted from the 2021/2022 applicants and only 8,000 will be admitted from the 2022/2023 applicants—this explains why the departmental cut-offs are relatively high; only a tiny portion of the 2022/2023 applicants can be admitted. Don’t forget this assumed 8,000 would be shared around UTME applicants, pre-degree applicants, JUPEB and other DE applicants. Tough, right? I believe the technicalities surrounding this session are understood now. If so, below are the departmental cut-offs for the 2022/2023 admission session as released by the authorities. Please note that for the highly competitive departments like Medicine and Surgery, Nursing, Dentistry, Medical Rehabilitation, Pharmacy, Law, Accounting, and Economics, you may beat the cut-off and still not get admitted—you need to use your longest legs to get these departments (if you know what I mean). FIND THE DEPARTMENTAL CUT-OFFS HERE>>>> https://www.pecngr.com/2023/10/oaus-departmental-cut-off-for-20222023.html

(1) (Reply)

Lecturer On My Girl For Sex / Again, South-east Leads In WASSCE Performance Chart / Cookey Kingsley Graduates From Accra Institute Of Technology As The Best

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.