Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,750 members, 7,802,295 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:05 PM

Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? - Forum Games - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Forum Games / Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? (33937 Views)

Who Can Interprete This Picture? / Brain Teaser: Can You Solve These Riddles? / As A Detective, How Do You Solve These? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? by nastycgolden(m): 5:03pm On Oct 16, 2017
Four criminals are caught and are to be punished.The judge allows them to be freed if they can solve a puzzle. If they do not, they will be hung. They agreed.
The 4 criminals are lined up on some steps (shown in picture). They are all facing in the same direction. A wall separates the fourth man from the other three.
So to summarise :
Man 1 can see Man 2 and Man 3.
Man 2 can see Man 3.
Man 3 can see none of the others.
Man 4 can see none of the others.

The criminals are wearing hats. They are told that there are two white hats and two black hats. The men initially don’t know what colour hat they are wearing. They are told to shout out the colour of the hat that they are wearing as soon as they know for certain what colour it is.

They are not allowed to turn round or move. They are not allowed to talk to each other. They are not allowed to take their hats off.

Who is the first person to shout out and why?

12 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? by Loyalblak007(f): 5:08pm On Oct 16, 2017

Cos there's a reflection cheesy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? by dejt4u(m): 6:42pm On Oct 16, 2017
Man 1

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? by vivie01(f): 8:21am On Oct 17, 2017
Man 3; because he can view number 1 and number 2 through their shadows reflection on the wall, can also see his own shadow reflected so much so that he would see resemblance in his hat and that of the 1st man

Modified: The assumption is that the wall is made of transparent glass and the time of arraignment is a bright afternoon.
Note: There is no mention of the type of demarcation inbetween the criminals and the time of the day they were arraigned.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? by MrWondah(m): 7:45am On Oct 19, 2017
Man 1. He can see two men which means he knows their colors. So all he has to do is use his head

45 Likes

Re: Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? by mega411(m): 9:11pm On Oct 20, 2017
man 2 will shout first.
Reason: he knows man 1 can see his hat and that of man3, so if him and man 3 are wearing thesame colour of hat man 1 would have shouted since there are just two blacks and two whites. Man 1's silence will mean him and man 3 are wearing different colour of hat and he can see man 3's hat.

235 Likes 27 Shares

Re: Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? by 9jajoseph: 6:42pm On Oct 25, 2017
vivie01:
Man 3; because he can view number 1 and number 2 through their shadows on the wall, can also see his own shadow reflected so much so that he would see resemblance in his hat and that of the 1st man
F99, if you are putting on White or black dress(in this case hat) would you know the difference with ur shadow reflection?

94 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? by vivie01(f): 8:47pm On Oct 25, 2017
9jajoseph:
F99, if you are putting on White or black dress(in this case hat) would you know the difference with ur shadow reflection?

Why dont you talk your own and just let my own answer be now

No be aproko you dey do so sad , if I like, I will pick number 4, na me get my choice, e no concern you. F99 ko 4-1-10 ni

15 Likes

Re: Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? by Gadetech(m): 12:40pm On Oct 26, 2017
Man 2..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? by 9jajoseph: 1:06pm On Oct 26, 2017
vivie01:

No be aproko you dey do so sad , if I like, I will pick number 4, na me get my choice, e no concern you. F99 ko 4-1-10 ni
#peace#

1 Like

Re: Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? by vivie01(f): 5:06pm On Oct 26, 2017
9jajoseph:
#peace#

#Peace#

1 Like

Re: Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? by 9jajoseph: 5:40pm On Oct 26, 2017
Okay, The first man have 50% probability of getting the right answer, Since there are 2white caps and 2black caps. If he look at man2 and Man3 and they're wearing same cap then his own cap is the opposite bt if they wearing different cap, then he have 50% probability of getting the right answer. Man 3&4 are the same, since they can't see anybody. So their fates depends on the first man, if the first man get it right then the 2nd man would sure get it right also and so the 3rd and 4th man.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? by 9jajoseph: 5:41pm On Oct 26, 2017
vivie01:

#Peace#
#PeacE#

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? by Obinoscopy(m): 9:01pm On Nov 12, 2017
@Mega411 you are too much. I doff my hat.

Let's see if others will get it too

4 Likes

Re: Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? by freeman95(m): 9:04pm On Nov 12, 2017
I sabi am
Re: Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? by BruncleZuma: 9:04pm On Nov 12, 2017
grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? by AbaNgele: 9:04pm On Nov 12, 2017
Man 4, because he can easily move or remove his hat, nobody will see him do that because the brick is blocking him.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? by billionman: 9:04pm On Nov 12, 2017
If man one doesn't shout out immediately, it will send a message to man 2 that man 1 is seeing two colours in front of him. Man 2 will then know that his hat is coloured white since he can see man 3 putting on a black hat. So man 2 will shout first if none of them is stupid enuf to just guess a colour and shout out of guess work. I hope I'm explicit enuf.

31 Likes

Re: Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? by freeman95(m): 9:05pm On Nov 12, 2017
vivie01:

U sound pained grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? by hobermener: 9:06pm On Nov 12, 2017
F
Re: Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? by ademasta(m): 9:06pm On Nov 12, 2017
Very simple logic...
1 & 4 are in the best position to get the answer right.

Why?
1: Because he is in the best position to see the sequence with which the hats were arranged...(Black, White, Black and White). Since he is the first person, he has two people right in front of him standing in order of White, Black...from this he will surely know he is putting on black and the other guy at the back of the wall would be putting on White.

4: Because he is in a secret place, he has been protected by an obstructing wall which makes him not visible to others. So he can easily violate the rule, remove his hat and check it grin

Having done that, he communicates the colour and gets pardoned.

Ademasta has spoken!

10 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? by Uyi168: 9:06pm On Nov 12, 2017
TNS just fvckup biq time...

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? by Akwasi(m): 9:06pm On Nov 12, 2017
Man 2

2 Likes

Re: Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? by maxiuc(m): 9:06pm On Nov 12, 2017
Am not a genius

Runs out of thread

I can't come and strain my brain
Re: Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? by hobermener: 9:07pm On Nov 12, 2017
R
Re: Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? by jayfierce(m): 9:07pm On Nov 12, 2017
All of them will shout at the same time to stay alive. The color won't matter at all. I'm sure the 4th man will just scream purple! cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? by Finstar: 9:07pm On Nov 12, 2017
vivie01:
Man 3; because he can view number 1 and number 2 through their shadows on the wall, can also see his own shadow reflected so much so that he would see resemblance in his hat and that of the 1st man
Olodo cheesy

12 Likes

Re: Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? by TheWordist(m): 9:08pm On Nov 12, 2017
Man 1,he can see the sequence..

2 Likes

Re: Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? by GreatOlu1: 9:08pm On Nov 12, 2017
Man 2.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? by Nobody: 9:09pm On Nov 12, 2017
Man 2
Re: Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? by fSociety: 9:10pm On Nov 12, 2017
vivie01:

Shadows now show color?

4 Likes

Re: Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? by psalmson001: 9:10pm On Nov 12, 2017
Man 2 will shout first.

Man 3 and Man 4 will not be able to tell what colour hats they are wearing since they cannot see the other men.

Man 1 can see Man 2 and Man 3 but is not able to tell what colour hat he is wearing as Man 2 and Man 3 are wearing different colour hats. So Man 1 will not shout out.

Then based on Man 1’s silence, Man 2 is able to interpret that he (Man 2) and Man 3 are wearing different colour hats. Since Man 3 is wearing a black colour hat, so Man 2 knows that he is wearing a white colour hat.

All the people above me wey dey change their answers after spying my own, Osanobuwa is watching all of u o grin

32 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Do You See When You Dim Your Eyes? / Funny Names Abbreviation. / Who Can Crack The Code And Unlock The Padlock?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.