Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,569 members, 7,809,072 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:26 PM

Yobe Corper Organises Spelling Bee Competition For Schools (Photos) - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Yobe Corper Organises Spelling Bee Competition For Schools (Photos) (27004 Views)

Deborah's Murder Reminds Me Of My Service Year In Yobe / Tall Male Corper & A Short Female Corper: "When Goliath Finally Meets David" / Busty Female Corper Set The Media Ablaze With Eye-popping Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yobe Corper Organises Spelling Bee Competition For Schools (Photos) by HeWrites(m): 7:16am On Oct 17, 2017
NYSC: See What A Nairalander Did In Yobe State (photos)

A youth Corp member by name Ukatu Okwudiri Benedict (Benny4wax on Nairaland) serving in Potiskum L.G.A Yobe state organises a spelling Bee Competition among secondary schools in the state.

This young man is an example to both serving youth Corp members and prospective youth corp members.

Hear His Story:
I am an Anambra state born Youth Corp member with state code number YB/16B/3118 serving my country in the NYSC scheme in Yobe state. I am serving as an ICT teacher in Government Girls Science and Technical College (GGSTC), Potiskum.

On getting to Yobe state and seeing the standard of education available to the students, I resolved to embark on a personal CDS aimed at promoting literacy in and around the state, this I did by organise an inter-secondary school spelling Bee competition.

This was done with the hope that the competition will ignite in the student the fire of academic zeal and build in them a competitive spirit that would spore the students to greater height in the future.

CHALLENGES:
Apart from the fact that so many refused to support me on the ground that I am Igbo (Yamiri) which was a major challege, through this adventure, I learn that the North is backward academically isn't because of the fact that the poor are reluctant to go to school but it is because a few individuals (the rich) don't want them to.

Imagine a situation whereby bank managers, Some Yobe state University HOD's and lectures, Politicians and most corporate bodies refused bluntly to support me in organising a competition that didn't cost more than #40,000 to organise.

The smiling face of the students gave me all the satisfaction one could ever ask for. I decided to have it publicized because I want the news of its success to trouble those who prior to the organisation refused to support me because of one unnecessary reason or the other.

To have pulled it off is a surprise that wouldn't have been possible without the Z.I, L.G.I, Emir's of Potiskum, last but not the least the students and administrator's of GGSTC. May God continue to bless you all abundantly.
Amen.

http://www.torimill.com/2017/10/see-what-this-youth-corp-member-did-in.html

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yobe Corper Organises Spelling Bee Competition For Schools (Photos) by HeWrites(m): 7:19am On Oct 17, 2017

Re: Yobe Corper Organises Spelling Bee Competition For Schools (Photos) by BreezyCB(m): 7:20am On Oct 17, 2017
Wonderful
Re: Yobe Corper Organises Spelling Bee Competition For Schools (Photos) by Eggcelent(m): 7:21am On Oct 17, 2017
Good One. We Need More Of This From Nigerians

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yobe Corper Organises Spelling Bee Competition For Schools (Photos) by fatymore(f): 8:01am On Oct 17, 2017
Good but Becareful oooo..

5 Likes

Re: Yobe Corper Organises Spelling Bee Competition For Schools (Photos) by benny4wax(m): 8:11am On Oct 17, 2017
Wow........it even featured on Nairaland. Thanks Torimill for this awesome gesture.

Lalasticlala, fynestboi, Ijebabe
This is a combination of snake and Tonto Dike's news. cool cool

26 Likes

Re: Yobe Corper Organises Spelling Bee Competition For Schools (Photos) by Nobody: 8:58am On Oct 17, 2017
Keep up the Good work
Re: Yobe Corper Organises Spelling Bee Competition For Schools (Photos) by powerfulengine(m): 10:12am On Oct 17, 2017
Ku ishe... it's better to do something like this than to be taking those innocent village girls to one corner and show them how the things go skrrrrrrrrrr pappapapapa..... because they are less literate or exposed...

1 Like

Re: Yobe Corper Organises Spelling Bee Competition For Schools (Photos) by ItuExchange(m): 10:13am On Oct 17, 2017
Nairalanders... So they even have ID cards?

Perfect Money/Payeer/Epay/Neteller: .com.ng
Re: Yobe Corper Organises Spelling Bee Competition For Schools (Photos) by obailala(m): 10:14am On Oct 17, 2017
People get mind oo! nysc for yobe! shocked

3 Likes

Re: Yobe Corper Organises Spelling Bee Competition For Schools (Photos) by kay29000(m): 10:14am On Oct 17, 2017
Cool one.
Re: Yobe Corper Organises Spelling Bee Competition For Schools (Photos) by Mustiboy(m): 10:14am On Oct 17, 2017
more spermatozoa to his balls

1 Like

Re: Yobe Corper Organises Spelling Bee Competition For Schools (Photos) by Tamass: 10:15am On Oct 17, 2017
Moee grease to your elbows...I love people like you
Re: Yobe Corper Organises Spelling Bee Competition For Schools (Photos) by wintersnow(m): 10:15am On Oct 17, 2017
Why some leaders are busy erceting statues!!
Well done guys

4 Likes

Re: Yobe Corper Organises Spelling Bee Competition For Schools (Photos) by don4real18(m): 10:15am On Oct 17, 2017
Good one
Re: Yobe Corper Organises Spelling Bee Competition For Schools (Photos) by tayo200(m): 10:16am On Oct 17, 2017
great...I dash you the next person to comment after me...be it male or female...
Re: Yobe Corper Organises Spelling Bee Competition For Schools (Photos) by centboy123456(m): 10:16am On Oct 17, 2017
obailala:
People get mind oo! nysc for yobe! shocked

hahaha waiting happen for yoube
Re: Yobe Corper Organises Spelling Bee Competition For Schools (Photos) by gritzky1996aav: 10:16am On Oct 17, 2017
follow

Re: Yobe Corper Organises Spelling Bee Competition For Schools (Photos) by oshe11: 10:16am On Oct 17, 2017
lubbish

I HOPE HE NOR USE AM AS OPPORTUNITY TO SAMPLE THE GIRLS

TO ALL THOSE CORPERS SAMPLING SEC SCHOOL CHILDREN.......

NO FORGET SAY CORPERS GO TEACH YOUR CHILDREN OOOOgrin
Re: Yobe Corper Organises Spelling Bee Competition For Schools (Photos) by Thylord(m): 10:17am On Oct 17, 2017
that is why their illiteracy no get part two.
Re: Yobe Corper Organises Spelling Bee Competition For Schools (Photos) by GuyWise(m): 10:21am On Oct 17, 2017
FUC.K U GO SEE PUSSY U GO BLEEP
Re: Yobe Corper Organises Spelling Bee Competition For Schools (Photos) by ivolt: 10:22am On Oct 17, 2017
You are an enlightened soul.
Thumbs up.
Re: Yobe Corper Organises Spelling Bee Competition For Schools (Photos) by gurunlocker: 10:23am On Oct 17, 2017
Lol... Guys using beret? Looks so odd.

Nice one from you bro, North still have a long way to go regarding education.
Re: Yobe Corper Organises Spelling Bee Competition For Schools (Photos) by Dearlord(m): 10:23am On Oct 17, 2017
Well done yamiri
Re: Yobe Corper Organises Spelling Bee Competition For Schools (Photos) by oshe11: 10:24am On Oct 17, 2017
wintersnow:
Why some leaders are busy erceting statues!!
Well done guys
u say
Re: Yobe Corper Organises Spelling Bee Competition For Schools (Photos) by GuyWise(m): 10:25am On Oct 17, 2017
benny4wax:
Wow........it even featured on Nairaland. Thanks Torimill for this awesome gesture.

Lalasticlala, fynestboi, Ijebabe
This is a combination of snake and Tonto Dike's news. cool cool
Guy u go Bleep tire that side

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

NYSC Announces Date For Batch C 2019 Registration / NYSC: Marry Yourselves, I Will Attend Your Wedding – DG Tells Corps Members / Taraba State 2015 Batch B Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.