Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,966 members, 7,806,798 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:40 AM

Laptop Trackpad Not Working When I Connect It To Power. Why? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Laptop Trackpad Not Working When I Connect It To Power. Why? (1273 Views)

Enough Lifepo4 Energy To Power Your Computers & Office / Your Macbook Trackpad Not Working? Here’s How To Fix It / Freezing Keyboard And Trackpad. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Laptop Trackpad Not Working When I Connect It To Power. Why? by Ashibelieve: 8:49am On Oct 17, 2017
My laptop trackpad stops working when i charge it but works when i remove it from power source. What could be the cause?

Cc skydancer, Maleeq...lalasticala
Re: Laptop Trackpad Not Working When I Connect It To Power. Why? by ijobaooorun(m): 8:58am On Oct 17, 2017
Ashibelieve:
My laptop trackpad stops working when i charge it but works when i remove it from power source. What could be the cause?

It's simple. Get a new charger

1 Like

Re: Laptop Trackpad Not Working When I Connect It To Power. Why? by richeeyo(m): 8:59am On Oct 17, 2017
Check the track pad settings
Re: Laptop Trackpad Not Working When I Connect It To Power. Why? by Ashibelieve: 9:04am On Oct 17, 2017
Its not even working to check it...
richeeyo:
Check the track pad settings
Re: Laptop Trackpad Not Working When I Connect It To Power. Why? by Ashibelieve: 9:05am On Oct 17, 2017
But how I'm I sure its the charger? Its working on other laptops.
ijobaooorun:

It's simple. Get a new charger
Re: Laptop Trackpad Not Working When I Connect It To Power. Why? by richeeyo(m): 9:09am On Oct 17, 2017
Ashibelieve:
Its not even working to check it...
Use arrow keys or numbers 2up 4left 6rigth 8 down
Re: Laptop Trackpad Not Working When I Connect It To Power. Why? by Ashibelieve: 9:18am On Oct 17, 2017
Its still not working o.
richeeyo:

Use arrow keys or numbers 2up 4left 6rigth 8 down
Re: Laptop Trackpad Not Working When I Connect It To Power. Why? by Donald3d(m): 9:58am On Oct 17, 2017
I dont think there is anything wrong with your system.
The most likely problem is either insufficient or excessive current/voltage
All laptops are built for certain voltage and current so make sure you are using the right charger ,with the right current and voltage rating,I am guessing the charger no be follow come

1 Like

Re: Laptop Trackpad Not Working When I Connect It To Power. Why? by ijobaooorun(m): 11:22am On Oct 17, 2017
Ashibelieve:
But how I'm I sure its the charger? Its working on other laptops.
Dnt argue with your engnr wink
Re: Laptop Trackpad Not Working When I Connect It To Power. Why? by Penuelseun(m): 8:28am On Oct 18, 2017
Ashibelieve:
Its still not working o.
Just go and uninstall the trackpad driver in the device manager, then restart ur system. It will start working
Re: Laptop Trackpad Not Working When I Connect It To Power. Why? by Ashibelieve: 4:42pm On Oct 18, 2017
Yes sir
ijobaooorun:

Dnt argue with your engnr wink
Re: Laptop Trackpad Not Working When I Connect It To Power. Why? by LordeCalifornia: 8:48pm On Oct 18, 2017
Donald3d:
I dont think there is anything wrong with your system.
The most likely problem is either insufficient or excessive current/voltage
All laptops are built for certain voltage and current so make sure you are using the right charger ,with the right current and voltage rating,I am guessing the charger no be follow come
Yeah! It happens with mobile phone touchscreens too. Excess voltage may make touchscreens/touchpads malfunction.
Re: Laptop Trackpad Not Working When I Connect It To Power. Why? by hotdealz(m): 5:12am On Oct 19, 2017
Ashibelieve:

You didn't buy a follow come charger.
Re: Laptop Trackpad Not Working When I Connect It To Power. Why? by Ashibelieve: 5:24pm On Oct 19, 2017
I bought a new follow come and the track pack was working well
hotdealz:
You didn't buy a follow come charger.
Re: Laptop Trackpad Not Working When I Connect It To Power. Why? by hotdealz(m): 6:25pm On Oct 19, 2017
Ashibelieve:
I bought a new follow come and the track pack was working well
How are you sure it's follow come? Because, the seller said so?

Only a bad charger does that or a follow come charger that has been opened and REPAIRED before.
Re: Laptop Trackpad Not Working When I Connect It To Power. Why? by Ashibelieve: 6:45pm On Oct 19, 2017
So how do I know follow come?
hotdealz:
How are you sure it's follow come? Because, the seller said so?

Only a bad charger does that or a follow come charger that has been opened and REPAIRED before.

(1) (Reply)

Pls Which Android Emulator Can Work On HP COMPACT CQ58 / Can Anyone Find The Mac Osx Drivers For The New Starcomms Izap Modem? / Vsat Vs Broadband Internet Sticks Like Glo, Visafone Etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.