Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,943 members, 7,806,723 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:55 PM

Panic In Eleme As Parents Storm Schools Over Vaccination (Photos) - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Panic In Eleme As Parents Storm Schools Over Vaccination (Photos) (29851 Views)

Curvy New Jersey Teacher Under Fire As Parents Call For Her Sack (Photos) / Parents Storm Ojodu Grammar school In Search Of Their Children (Video) / When Parents Storm School To Beat Their Child's Bully (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Panic In Eleme As Parents Storm Schools Over Vaccination (Photos) by discusant: 8:11pm On Oct 17, 2017
Moganajoe:

I dont know about Eleme case. But for what i know in Rukpokwu, PH, Nigerian Army was never invoved. some nurses when to a certain school and informed the head of the school that they are doing census, to enable the govt.carry out vacination 2nd qarter of next year.

That's what the head of the school told me.The nurses even droped their phone numbers. Every other story is hearsay.

How come the army are unleashed all over the south during civilian administration of Buhari? House Niggers may also have an answer to this?
Re: Panic In Eleme As Parents Storm Schools Over Vaccination (Photos) by shallysgirl: 8:26pm On Oct 17, 2017
Being a rumour is secondary. The fact remains that the people have lost faith in the army.
And Mr news watcher, try and read over /proof read your comments before submitting.
Viula:
And what is your source of authority that the military is carrying out any vaccination exercise in Rivers state. how can such an exercise takes place without the notice of the state ministry of health. the comissioner of health had stated it clearly that there is nothing of such. by the way when you where running with your kids did you see anyone in military uniform doing any vaccination. that tells you
it was only a rumour. its unfortunate that you send all your time watching telemodu and no time to listen to news so why won't you believe any rumour that you hear.
Re: Panic In Eleme As Parents Storm Schools Over Vaccination (Photos) by shallysgirl: 8:31pm On Oct 17, 2017
WWhatever it was, nobody care. People are just being cautious. If you think it's illiteracy for people to protect their children ,well, too bad. quote author=diegwu01 post=61512263]it was a hoax. and only illiterates fell for it.[/quote]
Re: Panic In Eleme As Parents Storm Schools Over Vaccination (Photos) by toprealman: 9:21pm On Oct 17, 2017
Temidayo9:
Where is the pictures of the Army pls?
1,2& 3 pic.....look closely by the entrance
Re: Panic In Eleme As Parents Storm Schools Over Vaccination (Photos) by Natilolo(m): 10:03pm On Oct 17, 2017
I wonder who is spreading this false information about soldiers going to schools with vaccines. Same happens in Sapele and environs last week Friday. At the end, it was just a false alarm.
Re: Panic In Eleme As Parents Storm Schools Over Vaccination (Photos) by linearity: 10:45pm On Oct 17, 2017
Benekruku:
Illiteracy is a disease

Just amazing how they could have thought of sending there wards to school when not enlightened.

Sigh.....

I think their suspicion of the military is healthy.

The last time I checked, vaccinating the public is not one of the functions of the military.
Re: Panic In Eleme As Parents Storm Schools Over Vaccination (Photos) by RottenTomato: 11:19pm On Oct 17, 2017
Benekruku:
Illiteracy is a disease

Just amazing how they could have thought of sending there wards to school when not enlightened.

Sigh.....

Who be dis? Abeg hide ur face. Ur opinion doesn't count! angry
Re: Panic In Eleme As Parents Storm Schools Over Vaccination (Photos) by chunkuli: 12:23am On Oct 18, 2017
was your child vaccinated?
Tamass:

Oga we have doctors as well as other professions in the military..do you think is every that goes to NDA that carries gun around? By the way I'm not supporting them because there was no awareness created before engaging in their so called vaccination..thats the only thing i blame them for otherwise the aim of the exercise which i bliv is to help curb the virus before it spreads.
The people i pity most are the ignorant ones,I interacted with someone who was fleeing with her child and she told me a friend just called her that there is jihad ongoing that the military are injecting children with the monkey virus and would not hesitate to kill any student who resisted,adding that the students who recieved the vaccines were already dying that i should hurry up and go and pick my child..this happened at ebubu today in rivers state. For crying out loud the military comprises of both muslims and christains ranging accross different tribes..i dont know why people are addressing and refering to the military as hausa muslims.
Just discard any preset mentality or hate you harbor towards each other..only then can we move forward in this country
Re: Panic In Eleme As Parents Storm Schools Over Vaccination (Photos) by Etianwanokon: 2:32am On Oct 18, 2017
Us Army now Ministry of Health.
This is not Defence. They should go to the Barracks.
Re: Panic In Eleme As Parents Storm Schools Over Vaccination (Photos) by Benekruku(m): 7:51am On Oct 18, 2017
linearity:

I think their suspicion of the military is healthy.

The last time I checked, vaccinating the public is not one of the functions of the military.

Hello! When emergency matters arises, the military step-in, be it health, safety, rescue or whatever. It's a world wide phenomenon please.
Re: Panic In Eleme As Parents Storm Schools Over Vaccination (Photos) by linearity: 9:14am On Oct 18, 2017
Benekruku:

Hello! When emergency matters arises, the military step-in, be it health, safety, rescue or whatever. It's a world wide phenomenon please.

What is the emergency in this case?

Also, there is no international standard for military to step in during emergencies. Most countries have civil agencies that steps in to help rescue efforts during emergencies and even at that, they don't administer vaccination.

Bringing home, even during the heights of recent past Ebola epidemic in Nigeria, the military were not administering any medical relief.
Re: Panic In Eleme As Parents Storm Schools Over Vaccination (Photos) by Benekruku(m): 10:15am On Oct 18, 2017
linearity:

What is the emergency in this case?

Also, there is no international standard for military to step in during emergencies. Most countries have civil agencies that steps in to help rescue efforts during emergencies and even at that, they don't administer vaccination.

Bringing home, even during the heights of recent past Ebola epidemic in Nigeria, the military were not administering any medical relief.

Hello, The emergency is a Monkey-pox outbreak. Telling me the Military don't step in during emergency is funny to me. You need to update yourself. A fire outbreak in California and the recent hurricane that ravaged Texas re good examples. At least, it could have been left for th fire fighters and civil organization's like you explained. Furthermore, aids and supply re distributed by the military when critical situation arises.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is this Why Students Fail Exams? / More Students Of OOU Fainted During GNS Exam Today At The ICT Center / First School Leaving Certificate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.