Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,889 members, 7,806,580 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:33 PM

Jos Attack: HURIWA Insists Fulani Herdsmen Are Terrorists - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jos Attack: HURIWA Insists Fulani Herdsmen Are Terrorists (19760 Views)

Cardinal Onaiyekan: Fulani Herdsmen Are Seen As Evil / Fasoranti's Son Disputes Police claim and insists Fulani Herdsmen killed Sister / Fayose Says Fulani Herdsmen Are “terrorists”, Tells Buhari What To Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jos Attack: HURIWA Insists Fulani Herdsmen Are Terrorists by mabea: 7:22pm On Oct 17, 2017
@ frank giel their motive is to claim other people's land. Go and ask southern kaduna people.
Re: Jos Attack: HURIWA Insists Fulani Herdsmen Are Terrorists by Charmin1(f): 7:26pm On Oct 17, 2017
inkon:

It's exactly as you said. Even if Fulani herdsmen kill half of Nigerians, they will still be pampered. They own this country! – I heard a Fulani soldier say this today.

They Fulani's have been saying this since Buhari became the president.
Re: Jos Attack: HURIWA Insists Fulani Herdsmen Are Terrorists by Oches4me(m): 7:31pm On Oct 17, 2017
beamtopola:
I wish what happened in somalia can just happen in any Muslim part of Nigeria.
one day such will happen to ur family and ur entire generation.
Re: Jos Attack: HURIWA Insists Fulani Herdsmen Are Terrorists by NaijaBlend: 7:32pm On Oct 17, 2017
Nigeria will forever regret handing over power to this man!

1 Like

Re: Jos Attack: HURIWA Insists Fulani Herdsmen Are Terrorists by origima: 7:32pm On Oct 17, 2017
9jakohai:
Sigh

I am going to just make my observations on this Fulani herdsmen crisis, and then I will keep quiet.

First, the reason why we have all these issues is that Nigerians don’t believe in our Police. If a Fulani herdsman is attacked, he does not report to the Police. He goes to his comrades, who then launch a revenge attack. Likewise , if a farmer gets attacked, he does not go to the police, it is to his fellows, who then launch a reporisal attack, and then we keep on having attack after attack.

Second, I am sorry, but I don’t believe that the farmers are inncoent in this matter. It does not mean that I agree that the Fulanis are justifed in taking the law into their hands (see my above point), but I believe strongly that the farmers are attacking Fulanis and molesting their cows too. And the reason why we don’t hear about this in the media is because the media , like many of my fellow southerners and Christians is interested in an agenda...that thuggish muslims are attacking innocent Christians. Well...when the same innocent christians join the thug muslims in dancing to the same violence is the answer tune, the same media keeps quiet, while people sit down and justify such attacks with terms as ‘the Fulanis have it coming to them’

Indeed, there are people, including HURIWA with this their call for the govt to crush the Fulani. What exactly do they mean? DO they want the Army to start moving into Fulani settlements to kill and destroy, as if we are back in Kenya in the 1950’s when the British did the same to hundreds of innocent Kenyans? Don’t they get it that would only make a bad situation worse. IN 1999, the Army crushed Odi., ten years later there were millitant groups up and down. And in 2009, hundereds of inncoent North Easterners were killed by the Army in the name of Boko Haram, and that made things worse...until corrections were made in strategy by the last govt, and this one. And now, it seems that the same people who rightly condemm the army for forcing innocent Igbos into the muddy river to swim, are now backing measures that at best would lead to anarchy beyond what can be controlled.

Finally, what angers me is that people are not calling on their local govt chairman, their governors, their tribal leaders, etc to sit down and discuss solutions. I mean, once upon a time , Fulanis and farmers did not fight like this. What is provoking the fighting is increase in populaiton. IN 1963, we were less than 60million, now we are 160million. And a large chunk of that populaiton lives in the rural area...and Nigeria has not icnreased in land mass since 1963...and we even lost Bakassi in 2006. I would have expected government and the herdsmen and farmers to develop solutions that would help salvage the situation, and let everyone leave in peace. But , no Nigerians….are interested in playing Tutsis and Hutus. Well, last time that happened 800000 people died. Deaths that were conpletely unecessary….but are happening because Nigerians are not interested in solutins...they want to behave like their acnestors did back in the 17th century. Well...that kind of behaviour is why we got colonised in the first place, and we would have still been a colony if we did not put aside our differences, even for a brief moment to fight for independence.

SO, what am I saying. I just want Nigerians to stop this tale of innocent farmers and brutal thug cattle rearers. Because such talk is going to blow us to another Somalia. Instead...let us start thinking about serious solutions. And no...we don’t need to waste money we don’t have on another confrence. We need to think, and to think and to act with some wisdom.

IN short...we need to get matured.

(Anyone who insults me would be reported to the mods. If you are still sore over the last election, so am I. I am angry that we did not get a new direction for we coutntry., And anyone calling me a Muslim should know that I am a Christian, and I have seen violence , the worst as far back as the 80’s. But I also know that doing the same thing over and over again does not work. We need solutions now)

And all those commenter saying let us finish the Fulani....i say to them...Go ahead....jsut don't come back after fighting another chronic 20 year tribal war that you caused.Same goes for any Fulani justifying attacks on farmers.

May God bless u with blessings. Thank you
Re: Jos Attack: HURIWA Insists Fulani Herdsmen Are Terrorists by Nobody: 7:39pm On Oct 17, 2017
Abraham made a terrible mistake. He should have killed Ishmael. The problem the world have today is I***m.
Re: Jos Attack: HURIWA Insists Fulani Herdsmen Are Terrorists by Nobody: 7:39pm On Oct 17, 2017
True... for the fact that i support PMB, i never concur to his body language towards the issue of fulani herdsmen rampage in the country. President is a father of all, and carry everybody along. He belong to everybody and belong to nobody.

I got upset when the agitation for Biafra started with hate speech mostly on radio biafra, because the aim was to spoil the mind of people towards Buhari and to favor Goodluck Jonathan's re-election.

President need to wake up to the call of the masses in Fulani activities in the country, many has been killed and many more if nothing is done. Huriwa is right.
Re: Jos Attack: HURIWA Insists Fulani Herdsmen Are Terrorists by Settle25(m): 7:39pm On Oct 17, 2017
IPOB that has never killed one single soul and has never carried arms that FG declared terrorist b/c they are frm southeast but Funani Herdsmen that has being killing people anyhw are not terrorist. It will take Buhari ages to deploy NA to start killing them and equally take he ages to agree they are terrorist.

2 Likes

Re: Jos Attack: HURIWA Insists Fulani Herdsmen Are Terrorists by bejeria101(m): 7:46pm On Oct 17, 2017
When we say na dullard zombies go just show dey para and self-service on nl. Olodo iya!
Re: Jos Attack: HURIWA Insists Fulani Herdsmen Are Terrorists by lekbel09(m): 7:46pm On Oct 17, 2017
So harmless Igbos have been declared terrorist but your banana head president refuses to declare fulani herdsmen as terrorists. There was indeed a country.

1 Like

Re: Jos Attack: HURIWA Insists Fulani Herdsmen Are Terrorists by Sunnyja: 7:49pm On Oct 17, 2017
9jakohai:
Sigh

I am going to just make my observations on this Fulani herdsmen crisis, and then I will keep quiet.

First, the reason why we have all these issues is that Nigerians don’t believe in our Police. If a Fulani herdsman is attacked, he does not report to the Police. He goes to his comrades, who then launch a revenge attack. Likewise , if a farmer gets attacked, he does not go to the police, it is to his fellows, who then launch a reporisal attack, and then we keep on having attack after attack.

Second, I am sorry, but I don’t believe that the farmers are inncoent in this matter. It does not mean that I agree that the Fulanis are justifed in taking the law into their hands (see my above point), but I believe strongly that the farmers are attacking Fulanis and molesting their cows too. And the reason why we don’t hear about this in the media is because the media , like many of my fellow southerners and Christians is interested in an agenda...that thuggish muslims are attacking innocent Christians. Well...when the same innocent christians join the thug muslims in dancing to the same violence is the answer tune, the same media keeps quiet, while people sit down and justify such attacks with terms as ‘the Fulanis have it coming to them’

Indeed, there are people, including HURIWA with this their call for the govt to crush the Fulani. What exactly do they mean? DO they want the Army to start moving into Fulani settlements to kill and destroy, as if we are back in Kenya in the 1950’s when the British did the same to hundreds of innocent Kenyans? Don’t they get it that would only make a bad situation worse. IN 1999, the Army crushed Odi., ten years later there were millitant groups up and down. And in 2009, hundereds of inncoent North Easterners were killed by the Army in the name of Boko Haram, and that made things worse...until corrections were made in strategy by the last govt, and this one. And now, it seems that the same people who rightly condemm the army for forcing innocent Igbos into the muddy river to swim, are now backing measures that at best would lead to anarchy beyond what can be controlled.

Finally, what angers me is that people are not calling on their local govt chairman, their governors, their tribal leaders, etc to sit down and discuss solutions. I mean, once upon a time , Fulanis and farmers did not fight like this. What is provoking the fighting is increase in populaiton. IN 1963, we were less than 60million, now we are 160million. And a large chunk of that populaiton lives in the rural area...and Nigeria has not icnreased in land mass since 1963...and we even lost Bakassi in 2006. I would have expected government and the herdsmen and farmers to develop solutions that would help salvage the situation, and let everyone leave in peace. But , no Nigerians….are interested in playing Tutsis and Hutus. Well, last time that happened 800000 people died. Deaths that were conpletely unecessary….but are happening because Nigerians are not interested in solutins...they want to behave like their acnestors did back in the 17th century. Well...that kind of behaviour is why we got colonised in the first place, and we would have still been a colony if we did not put aside our differences, even for a brief moment to fight for independence.

SO, what am I saying. I just want Nigerians to stop this tale of innocent farmers and brutal thug cattle rearers. Because such talk is going to blow us to another Somalia. Instead...let us start thinking about serious solutions. And no...we don’t need to waste money we don’t have on another confrence. We need to think, and to think and to act with some wisdom.

(Anyone who insults me would be reported to the mods. If you are still sore over the last election, so am I. I am angry that we did not get a new direction for we coutntry., And anyone calling me a Muslim should know that I am a Christian, and I have seen violence , the worst as far back as the 80’s. But I also know that doing the same thing over and over again does not work. We need solutions now)

And all those commenter saying let us finish the Fulani....i say to them...Go ahead....jsut don't come back after fighting another chronic 20 year tribal war that you caused.Same goes for any Fulani justifying attacks on farmers.
The likes of you are the problem of Nigeria. How has those who are still sore over last election added value to your narratives. Very soon you will blame GEJ for this show of shame.
Re: Jos Attack: HURIWA Insists Fulani Herdsmen Are Terrorists by iconize(m): 7:52pm On Oct 17, 2017
Tamass:
Stop hate towards each other..shum tribal sentiments and racism..we are all human beings and i can assure you that is one of our major setbacks

Oaf, we're talking about the brutal killing of the innocent and innocuous people of Plateau state.

You're stupidly talking about tribal sentiments. I doubt if you're mentally sound.

1 Like

Re: Jos Attack: HURIWA Insists Fulani Herdsmen Are Terrorists by Nobody: 7:53pm On Oct 17, 2017
Sunnyja:
The likes of you are the problem of Nigeria. How has those who are still sore over last election added value to your narratives. Very soon you will blame GEJ for this show of shame.

Well, considering the problem started looooong before GEJ thought about becoming president, why should I blame him?..
Re: Jos Attack: HURIWA Insists Fulani Herdsmen Are Terrorists by Nobody: 7:55pm On Oct 17, 2017
mabea:
@ 9jakohai. Bros try to understand when u read. HURIWA did not ask the government to crush fulani people but to declare "armed fulani herdsmen" as terrorists.

Again your rhetorics clearly shows on whose side u stand contrary to the neutrality you tried to portray.

Yes, you are blaming me for supporting Fulani crimes, which shows you missed my point completely.

Smh
Re: Jos Attack: HURIWA Insists Fulani Herdsmen Are Terrorists by Nobody: 7:57pm On Oct 17, 2017
braivheart:

If it doesn't happen it won't be reported

Is BBC Hausa dominated by Christians?

Is the NTA dominated by Christians?

The NBC that ordered a radio station in Lagos to discontinue a program about the Asaba massacre, is it dominated by Christians?

Stop stating biased personal opinions as fact.

All your talk about solutions without bringing one forward.

You call yourself a Christian. Do you really think it is coincidence that most (if not all) of the communities attacked are predominantly Christian?

Muslim farmer communities get attacked too.

And some farmer communities attack Fulani's as well.

Anyway my point is, there are simple solutions that can be done. But people like you think I am here to say Fulani good, farmer bad.
Re: Jos Attack: HURIWA Insists Fulani Herdsmen Are Terrorists by nwokolokingsley(m): 7:58pm On Oct 17, 2017
9jakohai:
Sigh

I totally agree with you
Re: Jos Attack: HURIWA Insists Fulani Herdsmen Are Terrorists by IFNOTGOD(m): 8:16pm On Oct 17, 2017
Temidayo9:

On a serious note, IPOD is worse compared to Fulani, though both are terrorist. Ipod Poisson people mind and planting hate in the younger and innocent mind which responsible the likes of your comment.

goat has d ipob members killed anyone I wonder how some of u even have d guts to comment n applaud d Fulani herdsmen who value d life of a cow to any human, maybe if ur family member or close person is involve u won't come n spew dis trash

3 Likes

Re: Jos Attack: HURIWA Insists Fulani Herdsmen Are Terrorists by ismart: 8:17pm On Oct 17, 2017
beamtopola:
I wish what happened in somalia can just happen in any Muslim part of Nigeria.
what happened in Somalia? Please enlighten me(us)
Re: Jos Attack: HURIWA Insists Fulani Herdsmen Are Terrorists by Temidayo9(m): 8:19pm On Oct 17, 2017
IFNOTGOD:

goat has d ipob members killed anyone I wonder how some of u even have d guts to comment n applaud d Fulani herdsmen who value d life of a cow to any human, maybe if ur family member or close person is involve u won't come n spew dis trash
Your comments is as results of IPOD poisson mind
Re: Jos Attack: HURIWA Insists Fulani Herdsmen Are Terrorists by IFNOTGOD(m): 8:29pm On Oct 17, 2017
Temidayo9:

Your comments is as results of IPOD poisson mind

mufo anybody against d Fulani herdsmen is now an ipob member sometimes I wonder where u likes leave their sense, these guys have been killing particularly in benue n now Jos but yet u are quick to tag ipob who have not even killed a goat terrorist while those dat destroy crops n kill humans in d name of their cow
are free humans guy u need to examine ur head again if ur thinking is OK, n since u support d Fulani herdsmen doing let it b visited on ur family member goat without sense infact even a goat is more sensible dan u are, don't come to nairaand to comment cos u want likes n shares or for people to quote u cos someday Wat u wish Odas will befall u n don't quote me again make I no insult it life

1 Like

Re: Jos Attack: HURIWA Insists Fulani Herdsmen Are Terrorists by mujaya1(m): 8:30pm On Oct 17, 2017
i don,t wonder since ipob terrorism change it, continue your propaganda sai BABA
Re: Jos Attack: HURIWA Insists Fulani Herdsmen Are Terrorists by Rhodababy123: 8:52pm On Oct 17, 2017
Ur just dancing hokue
s pokus upandan. Are u telling me the farmers attecked without being provoked. Have there not been seroes of cries of framrrs that their crops have been destroyed by cows ?? Dolitions like grazing bill neds to be passed in every state. The northern bordets are so pprous and due to their religious zimilarity every tom, dick and hartu entets through thete. I have heard of cases of kidnapping by fulani herdsmen in my state (patani, delta) where cigarette, drinks were collected as ransom for farmers and fishermen. I know everything is not reported in the news but don't come here saying farmers are playing victims here. I knew of the teror of fulani herdsmen in Oghara as far back as 2012-13 rape especially. Once arrested, ona Alhaji will cone from nowhere, pay the police snd the culprit roams free. There is no trust in tje police and military system so citizens are forced to tsle laws into their hands. There lies the problem.
9jakohai:
Sigh

Re: Jos Attack: HURIWA Insists Fulani Herdsmen Are Terrorists by Rhodababy123: 8:56pm On Oct 17, 2017
Be decieving urself because u live in a glass house. propaganda my foot.
FrankGiel:

Fulani herdsmen are not terrorist! Majority of them are not even criminals... U bigots are full of propaganda!! A man that has no house, family. Just his cows has suddenly become a terrorist.. People with no ideology, no motive! Most of the attacks by Fulani herdsmen are reprisals, but our propaganda media is too biased to publish news from both side's..
Every terrorist has an ideology, pls what is the ideology of the herdsmen??

I don't see Fulani herds men with guns. No one in this thread can claim to see a herdsman moving about with his cows with guns.. Only rustlers move about with guns. Propaganda everywhere!
Criminal elements will attack and kill these herdsmen and some of their cows, the herdsmen will mobilize and initiate reprisals, which is always deadlier..then u blame the herdsmen.. Both parties are criminals!

Easterners are not terrorist.. Nnamdi kanu is guilty of acts of terrorism.. It takes a blind man not to see. YouTube is full of videos where that coward peddles hate speech, in some he beats the drums of war.. Talking about weapons and bombs and destroying the zoo.

Keep up the propaganda.. Ipob media!!
Re: Jos Attack: HURIWA Insists Fulani Herdsmen Are Terrorists by Tamass: 9:08pm On Oct 17, 2017
iconize:

Oaf, we're talking about the brutal killing of the innocent and innocuous people of Plateau state.

You're stupidly talking about tribal sentiments. I doubt if you're mentally sound.
Well cant you make your point without been offensive..? So are you trying to say you didn't see d thread where it was reported that fulanis were killed? bro i dont support or condole violence in any way but at the same time i dont like injustice irrespective of the parties involved innit...
My point is that we shouldn't just support one side because of religious or tribal sentiments..
Re: Jos Attack: HURIWA Insists Fulani Herdsmen Are Terrorists by Tamass: 9:11pm On Oct 17, 2017
FrankGiel:

Fulani herdsmen are not terrorist! Majority of them are not even criminals... U bigots are full of propaganda!! A man that has no house, family. Just his cows has suddenly become a terrorist.. People with no ideology, no motive! Most of the attacks by Fulani herdsmen are reprisals, but our propaganda media is too biased to publish news from both side's..
Every terrorist has an ideology, pls what is the ideology of the herdsmen??

I don't see Fulani herds men with guns. No one in this thread can claim to see a herdsman moving about with his cows with guns.. Only rustlers move about with guns. Propaganda everywhere!
Criminal elements will attack and kill these herdsmen and some of their cows, the herdsmen will mobilize and initiate reprisals, which is always deadlier..then u blame the herdsmen.. Both parties are criminals!

Easterners are not terrorist.. Nnamdi kanu is guilty of acts of terrorism.. It takes a blind man not to see. YouTube is full of videos where that coward peddles hate speech, in some he beats the drums of war.. Talking about weapons and bombs and destroying the zoo.

Keep up the propaganda.. Ipob media!!
Thats the bitter truth most of us have refused to accept...and if you trace down to know why..you'd see its related to tribal or religious sentiments

1 Like

Re: Jos Attack: HURIWA Insists Fulani Herdsmen Are Terrorists by BiafraIShere(m): 9:20pm On Oct 17, 2017
Buhari will not escape ICC in due time. I pity the middle belt people, there is a massive genocide and ethnic cleansing going with state support yet no one speaking for them. Their leaders are even more useless than our own but while millions of our people both home and abroad are busy keeping calling them out and keeping them on their feet, the MB is so fragmented while no one speaks for them. I really pity them, they are doomed under one Nigeria and under a broken nigeria they are finished!!!
Re: Jos Attack: HURIWA Insists Fulani Herdsmen Are Terrorists by Tamass: 9:23pm On Oct 17, 2017
classicfrank4u:

watin concern kidnapper's and tribalism?? or cultism and tribalism ,guy you are going off key
Lol...you didn't get my point. What i meant was he focused on the main challenges we are having from the north only..and left what was disturbing us here is the south...hence thats why i said he shld stop tribalism
Re: Jos Attack: HURIWA Insists Fulani Herdsmen Are Terrorists by amazingspiderma: 9:49pm On Oct 17, 2017
My only advice, vote wisely in next election.
Re: Jos Attack: HURIWA Insists Fulani Herdsmen Are Terrorists by FrankGiel: 10:22pm On Oct 17, 2017
9jakohai:
Sigh

And all those commenter saying let us finish the Fulani....i say to them...Go ahead....jsut don't come back after fighting another chronic 20 year tribal war that you caused.Same goes for any Fulani stifying attacks on farmers.
U have said it all
Re: Jos Attack: HURIWA Insists Fulani Herdsmen Are Terrorists by Tamass: 10:27pm On Oct 17, 2017
9jakohai:
Sigh

Nice piece there...anyone who insults you because of this post has lost hope in life
Re: Jos Attack: HURIWA Insists Fulani Herdsmen Are Terrorists by venus4cupid: 10:43pm On Oct 17, 2017
9jakohai:
Sigh

My guy stop saying and quoting nonsense.
Re: Jos Attack: HURIWA Insists Fulani Herdsmen Are Terrorists by koolaid87: 11:27pm On Oct 17, 2017
Tamass:
Stop hate towards each other..shum tribal sentiments and racism..we are all human beings and i can assure you that is one of our major setbacks

Why can't you address the topic and leave preaching.

You're the one being racist

It's similar to when people says "black lives matter" and one fool came from no where, creating "all lives matter"

What we're saying is Buhari is a fuck1ng bigot.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Atunwa Emerges Kwara PDP Governorship Candidate / Salihu Lukman Blasts Oshiomhole: APC worse off under you / 2023: Wike Is Heading For The ‘Dustbin Of History'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.