Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,081 members, 7,807,233 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:24 AM

World's Food Day Oct 16th How I Celebrated - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / World's Food Day Oct 16th How I Celebrated (6343 Views)

World Food Day: What's Your Best Nigerian Food? / World Food Day: A Nairalander Prepares A Nigeria Jollof Rice / World Food Day Is Today. What's Your Favorite Food? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

World's Food Day Oct 16th How I Celebrated by whizqueen(f): 11:11pm On Oct 17, 2017
Millennium Development Goal 1 (MDG 1 ) is to "eradicate extreme poverty and hunger". My friends and I volunteered for an NGO Foodclique yesterday to feed & raise funds the poor. We were at Ebute Sawmill Ebutemetta lagos

Several times this past year, I've been asked by quite a number of learned people the question of why the team at FOODCLIQUE distributes food to the needy knowing that it is a temporary satisfaction ordeal and the next minute, food is required still and we may not be available to give. A colleague even quipped that the poor should engage themselves and that with aid always coming their way, they may never see the need to. Well, I share this sentiment albeit not entirely. Growing up in a suburb, I saw first hand what poverty looked like and what the value of going out to fend was. Being raised in a family where FOOD WASTE was scorned at, I got to understand that LOST FOOD could mean so much for those WITHOUT FOOD. Today, an estimated ONE THIRD of Food is wasted worldwide yet over 800 million people go to bed hungry. Can't lost food feed them all? Yes.

Hunger is a global challenge Friends and here in Nigeria, the subtle work we do at FOODCLIQUE has opened us up to the possibilities that be in a world where food security and zero waste is taken seriously. In one of the schools where we carried out our school feeding pilot project, we noticed that from reductions in attendance to low cognitive abilities, kids rapidly began thronging to class and performed excellently at given task all because food was assured.

October 16th every year is designated by the FAO as World Food Day and It is a day set aside to bring hunger, it's deprivation scourge and plausible solutions to the fore under one theme. We cannot discuss all in one day but we can make resolutions and stick with it. It is why WORLD FOOD DAY MATTERS.

From the smiles the school children beam to the hope the aged and weak find through us, it means there's always more we can do if we collaborate and individually champion the course to #EndHunger.

As I informed my colleague, I'm a firm believer in entrepreneurship being the path and permanent solution to poverty reduction but what happens right now? For us, it's about SAVING LIVES and EASING SUFFERING.

Lend Your Voice Today. Advocate against Food Waste and pledge to a #ZeroHungerWorld.

PS >> Many thanks and applause to the HUNGER HEROES of CORONA and ST SAVIOURS PRIMARY SCHOOL for their generous contribution to the World Food Day 2017 Project. Let's Ensure a Better World Together!

Get closer to us
Instagram - @foodcliquesupport
Facebook - foodclique
Twitter - foodclique
Website - www.foodclique.org

Pictures from yesterday's event below smiley cool

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: World's Food Day Oct 16th How I Celebrated by dingbang(m): 11:17pm On Oct 17, 2017
Nice one....
Re: World's Food Day Oct 16th How I Celebrated by whizqueen(f): 11:23pm On Oct 17, 2017
More pictures

Don't forget to feed someone today.

"If you can't feed a hundred people then feed just one", Mother Theresa smiley

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: World's Food Day Oct 16th How I Celebrated by Omoluabi16(m): 11:33pm On Oct 17, 2017
whizqueen:
More pictures
wow. good one there whiz. I commend you and your team for doing this gesture in your own little way.
cc lalasticlala

3 Likes

Re: World's Food Day Oct 16th How I Celebrated by Papiikush: 7:53am On Oct 18, 2017
God bless you guys richly.

You think this is little but to the stomach you fed, this is a miracle. You guys will never lack anything. Amen smiley

Isn't this better than paying your tithe to those criminals called pastors? They don't even feed the poor not to talk of assisting a common member of the church.

18 Likes

Re: World's Food Day Oct 16th How I Celebrated by Cladez(m): 7:54am On Oct 18, 2017
Don't forget we here
Re: World's Food Day Oct 16th How I Celebrated by ekems2017(f): 7:54am On Oct 18, 2017
Nice one. 3 gbosas for you.
Re: World's Food Day Oct 16th How I Celebrated by KendrickAyomide: 7:54am On Oct 18, 2017
wow nice.
Re: World's Food Day Oct 16th How I Celebrated by Celcius: 7:54am On Oct 18, 2017
Nice.
That N520 million statue of a Zuma in Owerri could have given everyone in Imo state breakfast on a day like this, alluding to its 4.8million population ( https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imo_State) it puts the meal ticket at N108 per head.
But the governor decided to spend it on a president that has turned a blind eye to incessant killing of Nigerians in SA. He try.
Lemme go and do my own WFD, na to share food na.
God bless Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: World's Food Day Oct 16th How I Celebrated by Mightyraw(m): 7:54am On Oct 18, 2017
Abeg, where is the venue
Re: World's Food Day Oct 16th How I Celebrated by Nobody: 7:54am On Oct 18, 2017
GOD BLESS AND BLESS AND BLESS YOU SO MUCH
Re: World's Food Day Oct 16th How I Celebrated by benuejosh: 7:56am On Oct 18, 2017
Your Reward is In Heaven.
Re: World's Food Day Oct 16th How I Celebrated by SAMBARRY: 7:56am On Oct 18, 2017
Nice move
Re: World's Food Day Oct 16th How I Celebrated by Oluwaseyi00(m): 7:57am On Oct 18, 2017
Re: World's Food Day Oct 16th How I Celebrated by MissNicole01(f): 7:57am On Oct 18, 2017
More power to your elbow.
Re: World's Food Day Oct 16th How I Celebrated by Sunnycliff(m): 7:58am On Oct 18, 2017
I enjoyed free meal at a canteen in Holy Rosary Hospital Onitsha... Ị was surprised as I went to see my nurse fiancew
Re: World's Food Day Oct 16th How I Celebrated by Wisedove(m): 7:59am On Oct 18, 2017
Thank God it is world food day.

My plans for today :
For breakfast, I will run go Mama Nkechi buka go chop like #2,000 food thereafter I go tell her say today na world food day so I no need pay.

I go waka go Yakoyo food canteen I go just chop #1,500 becos I no dey chop too much for lunch and then I go tell her the same thing.

Then I will go back home happily to drink burukutu on top am

Re: World's Food Day Oct 16th How I Celebrated by Kingdolo(m): 7:59am On Oct 18, 2017
ok
Re: World's Food Day Oct 16th How I Celebrated by chiroyale(f): 8:00am On Oct 18, 2017
God Bless You..

The best thing in life is Free Food

1 Like

Re: World's Food Day Oct 16th How I Celebrated by judecares1(m): 8:01am On Oct 18, 2017
PLS STILL SHARE SOME CASH INTO MY ACCOUNT TOO,FIRSTBANK,3098459749.

GOD BLESS U

1 Like

Re: World's Food Day Oct 16th How I Celebrated by romoruyi(m): 8:04am On Oct 18, 2017
Hmmmm
Re: World's Food Day Oct 16th How I Celebrated by shinarlaura(f): 8:10am On Oct 18, 2017
Woow. Nice one
Re: World's Food Day Oct 16th How I Celebrated by abbaapple: 8:21am On Oct 18, 2017
shocked

Taaaaaaaa!!! That pic it's somone shop oh grin
Re: World's Food Day Oct 16th How I Celebrated by anochuko01(m): 8:21am On Oct 18, 2017
HungerBad
Re: World's Food Day Oct 16th How I Celebrated by psalmhorah(m): 8:21am On Oct 18, 2017
I love this ..God will continue to bless you ... at least better than those using d money to buy Gucci and Versace products .. .
Re: World's Food Day Oct 16th How I Celebrated by Talkwell: 8:26am On Oct 18, 2017
Papiikush:
God bless you guys richly.

You think this is little but to the stomach you fed, this is a miracle. You guys will never lack anything. Amen smiley

Isn't this better than paying your tithe to those criminals called pastors? ***They don't even feed the poor not to talk of assisting a common member of the church***.

I wish this wasn't true,but it's true AF cry
Re: World's Food Day Oct 16th How I Celebrated by MsFaith: 8:35am On Oct 18, 2017
Sharing food brings it's own blessing, but something can to my mind now. 'The way to end hunger is not by sharing food'
Re: World's Food Day Oct 16th How I Celebrated by MrEdimulo82(m): 8:45am On Oct 18, 2017
Nice job u and ur team are doing. Good job
Re: World's Food Day Oct 16th How I Celebrated by SirLakes: 8:54am On Oct 18, 2017
Ride on cool
Re: World's Food Day Oct 16th How I Celebrated by Dyt(f): 9:18am On Oct 18, 2017
whizqueen:
More pictures

Don't forget to feed someone today.

"If you can't feed a hundred people then feed just one", Mother Theresa smiley

Do you know Jibike?
Re: World's Food Day Oct 16th How I Celebrated by Amhappy(f): 9:26am On Oct 18, 2017
Nice job ,weldone
Re: World's Food Day Oct 16th How I Celebrated by enemyofprogress: 9:27am On Oct 18, 2017
Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew

(1) (2) (Reply)

Refuel Combo Reloaded. / Xmas Turkey Tips / Restaurants Review

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.