Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,656 members, 7,801,907 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:09 AM

Iphone 5s Screen Flickers - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Iphone 5s Screen Flickers (1148 Views)

Iphone 5s (broken Screen) / Iphone 5s Screen / Iphone 5s Gold For 35k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Iphone 5s Screen Flickers by Dhavido(m): 11:28pm On Oct 17, 2017
Good day guys. I’ve been using an iPhone 5s for about 5 months and it has fallen once in the 5 five months, I have a tampered glass protector so nothing happened to the screen. The tampered glass only had a little crack at the top and that was about 3 months ago and last month the screen of the device starts to flicker, it sometimes will show vertical lines that will disappear after using it for some minutes but will come back if the backlight goes off and you just on it again.

I updated to IOS 11 some days before the issue started so I’m wondering if it’s a hardware or software issue.

Please tell me how to solve if it’s a software issue and also tell me the component(s) that’s faulty and the expected cost of fixing it if it’s hardware problem.

Thanks
Re: Iphone 5s Screen Flickers by Mrval20(m): 11:38pm On Oct 17, 2017
Dhavido:
Good day guys. I’ve been using an iPhone 5s for about 5 months and it has fallen once in the 5 five months, I have a tampered glass protector so nothing happened to the screen. The tampered glass only had a little crack at the top and that was about 3 months ago and last month the screen of the device starts to flicker, it sometimes will show vertical lines that will disappear after using it for some minutes but will come back if the backlight goes off and you just on it again.

I updated to IOS 11 some days before the issue started so I’m wondering if it’s a hardware or software issue.

Please tell me how to solve if it’s a software issue and also tell me the component(s) that’s faulty and the expected cost of fixing it if it’s hardware problem.

Thanks

Pretty much likely to be a hardware problem.

Do this by yourself: Unclip and clip back your screen connector to see what happens. It could be that it isn't properly connected, due to impact. Please endeavour to disconnect your battery connector too before doing anything.

If the problem persists, then you need to replace your screen. Screen replacement cost will depend on your location but an authentic screen should be around N15k max.
Re: Iphone 5s Screen Flickers by Dhavido(m): 11:45pm On Oct 17, 2017
Mrval20:

Sounds like a screen issue.

Unclip and clip back your screen connector to see what happens. It could be that it isn't properly. Please endeavour to disconnect your battery connector too before doing anything.

If the problem persists, then you need to replace your screen.

Thanks! I guess I’ll just get a tested and trusted engineer to help me with that as the YouTube videos I saw on how to open the screen is something I can’t risk doing myself
Re: Iphone 5s Screen Flickers by Mrval20(m): 11:47pm On Oct 17, 2017
Dhavido:

Thanks! I guess I’ll just get a tested and trusted engineer to help me with that as the YouTube videos I saw on how to open the screen is something I can’t risk doing myself
Okay, you're welcome.
Re: Iphone 5s Screen Flickers by Nobody: 10:24pm On Oct 18, 2017
I can get you a 5s screen for 12k
Re: Iphone 5s Screen Flickers by GrandMufti: 12:52am On Oct 19, 2017
Replace your screen
Re: Iphone 5s Screen Flickers by Novahubs: 5:45pm On Jan 05, 2021
Yeah I can see you're having Screen Flickering Issue. Here how to fix https://www.novabach.com/how-to-fix-ipad-screen-flickering-issue/#

(1) (Reply)

Nice Phone From The Range Of 80k - 100k / Fully Charge Your Phone In 12mins With Samsung New Tech. / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.