Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,447 members, 7,808,598 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:01 PM

KRACK Attack: 41% Of Android Devices Are Easy To Hack - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / KRACK Attack: 41% Of Android Devices Are Easy To Hack (7978 Views)

Method Hackers Are Using To Hack Facebook Accounts (Photos) / These REDMI Devices Are Available Now / Realme Devices Are Far Better Than Tecno Devices And Infinix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: KRACK Attack: 41% Of Android Devices Are Easy To Hack by Luisema4luv(m): 9:11am On Oct 18, 2017
sainttobs:
KRACK attack works on all modern protected WiFi networks against WPA1 and WPA2. So, it also makes Android, Linux, Apple, Windows, OpenBSD, MediaTek, Linksys and more vulnerable. Researchers have made an attack vector variant in which they found that around 41% of Android devices are affected

KRACK Attack: 41% Of Android Devices Are Easy To Hack

Just a few days ago, we have talked about WPA2 encryption protocol. Researchers have discovered a 13-year-old vulnerability in WPA2 protocol that can allow hackers within a range of the network to extract the Wifi password and intercept Internet traffic.

Researchers have claimed that the vulnerability can be seen in action in the form of a proof-of-concept known as KRACK which is Key Reinstallation Attacks.

Well, let me tell you the KRACK attack works on all modern protected WiFi networks against WPA1 and WPA2. So, it also makes Android, Linux, Apple, Windows, OpenBSD, MediaTek, Linksys and more vulnerable.

However, it looks like almost every supported device and operating systems are at risk of KRACK attack. Android and Linux could have far worse consequences compared to other OS because the wpa_supplicant is the WiFi client commonly used on Linux and Android version 6.0+

Researcher Mathy Vanhoef on its website wrote: “Our attack is especially catastrophic against version 2.4 and above of wpa_supplicant, a Wi-Fi client commonly used on Linux”. The researcher found the vulnerability accidentally while he was working on another paper.

Researchers have made an attack vector variant in which they found that around 41% of Android devices are affected which makes it “trivial to intercept and manipulate traffic sent by these Linux and Android device”

According to krackattacks.com, the possible fix for KRACK attack would be backward-compatible with older implementations of WPA2. Krackattacks.com also mentions that changing the passwords of Wifi network will not prevent the attack.

Further, Vanhoef has advised home users to update their WiFi compatible devices including computers and phones. He also suggested disabling features like client mode and 802.11r.

So, what do you think about this? Share your views in the comment box below.

Source: http://www.9jatechguru.com.ng/2017/10/krack-attack-41-of-android-devices-are.html

I think dis hv bn corrected already, try read ur news
Re: KRACK Attack: 41% Of Android Devices Are Easy To Hack by Nobody: 9:17am On Oct 18, 2017
Yahooboi:
If your interested in Facebook hacking

Learning or if u want to hack check my signature and lets deal asap

Payment after service smiley
Re: KRACK Attack: 41% Of Android Devices Are Easy To Hack by Nobody: 9:34am On Oct 18, 2017
41%? dude its 100%
Re: KRACK Attack: 41% Of Android Devices Are Easy To Hack by Pringlez: 9:34am On Oct 18, 2017
raker300:
Andriod is so wack.

I hacked my friend's fone and unlocked it without him even knowing.

They alway make fun of me for using apple...so I decided to teach him a lesson.

From his activities list, I saw everything...even passwords he put into different sites lol.

Funny thing is android users think they're super smart...but they aren't

Please can you teach me how to doooooooo.......!!!
Re: KRACK Attack: 41% Of Android Devices Are Easy To Hack by Pringlez: 9:36am On Oct 18, 2017
[quote author=Yahooboi post=61529981][/quote]

Hahahaa dude i am interesti ooo!!!
Re: KRACK Attack: 41% Of Android Devices Are Easy To Hack by Kimy97(f): 9:40am On Oct 18, 2017
modelmike7:

Hope the small boy did not see the elders meat sha and some other orisirisi tins?!
i dont hv nonsense in ny fone
Re: KRACK Attack: 41% Of Android Devices Are Easy To Hack by Nobody: 9:41am On Oct 18, 2017
Kimy97:
i dont hv nonsense in ny fone
Good girl.
Good Mama Kim!
Hope you know i was just joking sha?!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: KRACK Attack: 41% Of Android Devices Are Easy To Hack by Kimy97(f): 9:48am On Oct 18, 2017
modelmike7:

Good girl.
Good Mama Kim!
Hope you know i was just joking sha?!
lol yes na...
Re: KRACK Attack: 41% Of Android Devices Are Easy To Hack by Nobody: 9:50am On Oct 18, 2017
Kimy97:
lol yes na...
lol. kool. wishing you a lovely and blessed day ahead sis.

1 Like

Re: KRACK Attack: 41% Of Android Devices Are Easy To Hack by Kimy97(f): 9:52am On Oct 18, 2017
modelmike7:

lol. kool.
wishing you a lovely and blessed day ahead sis.
Tnks cheesy smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: KRACK Attack: 41% Of Android Devices Are Easy To Hack by Ciga22: 10:00am On Oct 18, 2017
Bro hit me up, i need one

[quote author=Yahooboi post=61529981][/quote]
Re: KRACK Attack: 41% Of Android Devices Are Easy To Hack by Konquest: 10:27am On Oct 18, 2017
sainttobs:
KRACK attack works on all modern protected WiFi networks against WPA1 and WPA2. So, it also makes Android, Linux, Apple, Windows, OpenBSD, MediaTek, Linksys and more vulnerable. Researchers have made an attack vector variant in which they found that around 41% of Android devices are affected

KRACK Attack: 41% Of Android Devices Are Easy To Hack

Just a few days ago, we have talked about WPA2 encryption protocol. Researchers have discovered a 13-year-old vulnerability in WPA2 protocol that can allow hackers within a range of the network to extract the Wifi password and intercept Internet traffic.

Researchers have claimed that the vulnerability can be seen in action in the form of a proof-of-concept known as KRACK which is Key Reinstallation Attacks.

Well, let me tell you the KRACK attack works on all modern protected WiFi networks against WPA1 and WPA2. So, it also makes Android, Linux, Apple, Windows, OpenBSD, MediaTek, Linksys and more vulnerable.

However, it looks like almost every supported device and operating systems are at risk of KRACK attack. Android and Linux could have far worse consequences compared to other OS because the wpa_supplicant is the WiFi client commonly used on Linux and Android version 6.0+

Researcher Mathy Vanhoef on its website wrote: “Our attack is especially catastrophic against version 2.4 and above of wpa_supplicant, a Wi-Fi client commonly used on Linux”. The researcher found the vulnerability accidentally while he was working on another paper.

Researchers have made an attack vector variant in which they found that around 41% of Android devices are affected which makes it “trivial to intercept and manipulate traffic sent by these Linux and Android device”

According to krackattacks.com, the possible fix for KRACK attack would be backward-compatible with older implementations of WPA2. Krackattacks.com also mentions that changing the passwords of Wifi network will not prevent the attack.

Further, Vanhoef has advised home users to update their WiFi compatible devices including computers and phones. He also suggested disabling features like client mode and 802.11r.

So, what do you think about this? Share your views in the comment box below.

Source: http://www.9jatechguru.com.ng/2017/10/krack-attack-41-of-android-devices-are.html
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This is SERIOUS!
I am getting weary of technology now. A little bit of the pre-IT age
is still useful in our lives[i.e. face-to-face conversations, etc.]

This is why I am not so enthusiastic about the so-called "Internet of Things."
Re: KRACK Attack: 41% Of Android Devices Are Easy To Hack by UncutSk(m): 10:36am On Oct 18, 2017
dataking:
Android no make sense. Apple ios is miles ahead of android. After using iphone for years. I will always still go for iphone. Even old iphone 5 is better than samsung 8. Iphone na baba anyday
you no get sense sha

1 Like

Re: KRACK Attack: 41% Of Android Devices Are Easy To Hack by Nobody: 10:58am On Oct 18, 2017
Ciga22:
Bro hit me up, i need one

Check my signature please
Re: KRACK Attack: 41% Of Android Devices Are Easy To Hack by Nobody: 10:59am On Oct 18, 2017
Pringlez:

Hahahaa dude i am interesti ooo!!!

Please check my signature and lets talk on whatsapp
Re: KRACK Attack: 41% Of Android Devices Are Easy To Hack by sainttobs(m): 1:07pm On Oct 18, 2017
wink lipsrsealed
destiny322:
Op, tell me d truth... Are u a hacker??

Maybe
Re: KRACK Attack: 41% Of Android Devices Are Easy To Hack by bravesoul247(m): 1:48pm On Oct 18, 2017
I really need to learn how to hack.
Re: KRACK Attack: 41% Of Android Devices Are Easy To Hack by bravesoul247(m): 1:48pm On Oct 18, 2017
Yahooboi:

Check my signature please
Does hacking involves coding?

(1) (2) (Reply)

6 Ways To Overcome Social Media Anxiety Disorder / The New Tecno Camon 15 Price In Nigeria & Full Specs / TECNO!!! Out With Two New Devices: S3 And M7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.