Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,480 members, 7,808,751 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:21 PM

Obama Chooses Kehinde Wiley For His Official Presidential Portrait - Art, Graphics & Video (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Obama Chooses Kehinde Wiley For His Official Presidential Portrait (25113 Views)

Kehinde Wiley Honoured By Harvard University After Painting Obama / Meet Kehinde Wiley, The Designer Of Obama's Portrait / Kehinde Wiley Paints Obama’s Official Portrait (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obama Chooses Kehinde Wiley For His Official Presidential Portrait by 9japrof(m): 6:57am On Oct 18, 2017
grin
Re: Obama Chooses Kehinde Wiley For His Official Presidential Portrait by AntiWailer: 6:57am On Oct 18, 2017
Nice
Re: Obama Chooses Kehinde Wiley For His Official Presidential Portrait by crafteck(m): 6:58am On Oct 18, 2017
Sorry to disappoint u, plus this guy isnt nigerian,
The way i see it, if you didnt eat with us, drink with us, laugh and cry with us talkless of sweat with us, you re not one of us

onatisi:
Another afonja vs ipob thread

Make I carry my stool come siddon here grin
Re: Obama Chooses Kehinde Wiley For His Official Presidential Portrait by mmsen: 6:59am On Oct 18, 2017
Look at you fools claiming this man as Nigerian. His useless father abandoned the boy.

They didn't meet until his 20.
Re: Obama Chooses Kehinde Wiley For His Official Presidential Portrait by onatisi(m): 7:03am On Oct 18, 2017
crafteck:
Sorry to disappoint u, plus this guy isnt nigerian,
The way i see it, if you didnt eat with us, drink with us, laugh and cry with us talkless of sweat with us, you re not one of us

it is you who is viewing it like that , let the tribal warlords wake and invade the thread , you will laugh tire
Re: Obama Chooses Kehinde Wiley For His Official Presidential Portrait by joideviv(m): 7:11am On Oct 18, 2017
Would Kehinde have made it as an OPENLY GAY MAN in Nigeria given the high extent of Homophobia in a country he calls his?
I am more happy for him!
Re: Obama Chooses Kehinde Wiley For His Official Presidential Portrait by kindnyce(m): 7:16am On Oct 18, 2017
Nigerians excelling on the global arena,but back home its total disaster.
Re: Obama Chooses Kehinde Wiley For His Official Presidential Portrait by asawanathegreat(m): 7:16am On Oct 18, 2017
Bros u don hammer ooo remember naija guys o
Re: Obama Chooses Kehinde Wiley For His Official Presidential Portrait by burner44(m): 7:18am On Oct 18, 2017
chris4gold:
Where is Taiwo?
He papa hold am down for nigeria
Re: Obama Chooses Kehinde Wiley For His Official Presidential Portrait by Leonbonapart(m): 7:19am On Oct 18, 2017
ishowdotgmail:
Kehinde is an Omoluabi grin
You mean Afonja
Re: Obama Chooses Kehinde Wiley For His Official Presidential Portrait by onatisi(m): 7:22am On Oct 18, 2017
Leonbonapart:
You mean Afonja
the tribal warlord don dey arrive one by one grin grin grin
Re: Obama Chooses Kehinde Wiley For His Official Presidential Portrait by noalistic(m): 7:24am On Oct 18, 2017
flyca:
Nigerians like famzing sha.
Having a Nigerian name is not the same as being a Nigerian!
He came to Nigeria (the first time) when he was 20. Nigeria did not make him!
Yes, u are right but he has Nigerian genes encoded in him

2 Likes

Re: Obama Chooses Kehinde Wiley For His Official Presidential Portrait by Nobody: 7:24am On Oct 18, 2017
afonja celebrating being a slave to a Kenyan. not surprise they are slaves to every one including bihari.
Re: Obama Chooses Kehinde Wiley For His Official Presidential Portrait by Nobody: 7:27am On Oct 18, 2017
ishowdotgmail:
Kehinde is an Omoluabi grin
yes I'm kenny
Re: Obama Chooses Kehinde Wiley For His Official Presidential Portrait by Nobody: 7:27am On Oct 18, 2017
inferiority complex will kill afonja, is Obama still the president? many Americans will turn down such offer from Obama. he is just an ordinary black america and Americans don't value blacks that s why they are protesting and turning their selves to Clinton as a slave.
Re: Obama Chooses Kehinde Wiley For His Official Presidential Portrait by flyca: 7:30am On Oct 18, 2017
noalistic:
Yes, u are right but he has Nigerian genes encoded in him
There are special genes for Nigerians? Hmmmm, tell me more.
Someone that never saw his dad until be was 20?
Lemme just laff undecided

1 Like

Re: Obama Chooses Kehinde Wiley For His Official Presidential Portrait by Nobody: 7:37am On Oct 18, 2017
johnnyvid:
you have really make us proud. Nigerians are happy.

And your English disgraced us.

1 Like

Re: Obama Chooses Kehinde Wiley For His Official Presidential Portrait by maisauki: 7:41am On Oct 18, 2017
official portrait kwa?!
Re: Obama Chooses Kehinde Wiley For His Official Presidential Portrait by crafteck(m): 7:44am On Oct 18, 2017
beamtopola:
inferiority complex will kill afonja, is Obama still the president? many Americans will turn down such offer from Obama. he is just an ordinary black america and Americans don't value blacks that s why they are protesting and turning their selves to Clinton as a slave.

Would you say thesame if Emeka did the painting
Re: Obama Chooses Kehinde Wiley For His Official Presidential Portrait by Nobody: 7:45am On Oct 18, 2017
just watch and see how South West Yorubas are listing it as achievement.... ndi nabahuru
Re: Obama Chooses Kehinde Wiley For His Official Presidential Portrait by Nobody: 7:48am On Oct 18, 2017
crafteck:

Would you say thesame if Emeka did the painting
Am not an IBO and beside, I hate that oburma with passion.
Re: Obama Chooses Kehinde Wiley For His Official Presidential Portrait by MrHenshaw: 8:08am On Oct 18, 2017
johnnyvid:
Artist Kehinde Wiley, known for his paintings of African-Americans and reinterpretations of classic artworks, has been chosen by former President Barack Obama to paint his official portrait for the Smithsonian’s National Portrait Gallery.
At the end of each presidency, the museum partners with the White House to commission one official portrait of the President and First Lady.
Michelle Obama selected artist Amy Sherald, who is known for her life-size paintings of African-Americans, to paint her portrait, the museum announced Friday.
Both Obamas’ portraits will be unveiled at the National Portrait Gallery in 2018, where they will be added to the museum’s permanent collection.
Kehinde was born to a Nigerian dad and an African-American mom. As a child, his mother supported his interest in art and enrolled him in after-school art classes.

Kehinde did not grow up with his father, and at the age of 20 traveled to Nigeria to explore his roots and meet him. He earned his BFA from the San Francisco Art Institute in 1999 and his MFA from Yale University, School of Art in 2001.

source:http://www.pressnewsng.com.ng/2017/10/obama-chooses-nigerian-artist-kehinde.html

And if it is Nigeria,she would have packed out of the house for choosing a different Artist from the husband.If not labelled having an affair with him.
Nigerian/African ladies i feel your pain but for the real ones i gv you all my support
Re: Obama Chooses Kehinde Wiley For His Official Presidential Portrait by eyinjuege: 8:20am On Oct 18, 2017
Omokehinde gba egbon
Re: Obama Chooses Kehinde Wiley For His Official Presidential Portrait by adedayourt(m): 8:27am On Oct 18, 2017
johnnyvid:
you have really make us proud. Nigerians are happy.

He made his family proud nd not Nigerians. If he was arrested for a crime u wuda denied him. undecided
Re: Obama Chooses Kehinde Wiley For His Official Presidential Portrait by SirStevenAyim(m): 8:53am On Oct 18, 2017
shukuokukobambi:

Only you OP, only you first, second and third to comment angry
If this isn't corruption, Diezani must be innocent!! angry
But is it your own Thread?
Re: Obama Chooses Kehinde Wiley For His Official Presidential Portrait by Myself2(m): 9:12am On Oct 18, 2017
Errrrr, who is Obama again ?
Re: Obama Chooses Kehinde Wiley For His Official Presidential Portrait by donqx: 9:24am On Oct 18, 2017
ok
Re: Obama Chooses Kehinde Wiley For His Official Presidential Portrait by juman(m): 9:43am On Oct 18, 2017
onatisi:
Another afonja vs ipob thread

Make I carry my stool come siddon here grin

grin
Re: Obama Chooses Kehinde Wiley For His Official Presidential Portrait by juman(m): 9:49am On Oct 18, 2017
This remind me of the day obama won the election.
On tv I saw some black americans with tears of joy.
I then realized more how important the position was for them.

Thank God, obama performed excellently.
God bless barack obama, God bless america.
Re: Obama Chooses Kehinde Wiley For His Official Presidential Portrait by juman(m): 9:51am On Oct 18, 2017
Goodluck jonathan that got that kind of rare opportunity, he and his people thought it was life time chance for them to steal as much as possible.
Re: Obama Chooses Kehinde Wiley For His Official Presidential Portrait by Rick9(m): 11:43am On Oct 18, 2017
So happy for him
Re: Obama Chooses Kehinde Wiley For His Official Presidential Portrait by mechanics(m): 1:43pm On Oct 18, 2017
nice work.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Amazing Paintings Using Fingers Dipped In Ink . / We Make Art/Painting On Canvas.. / How To Become A Graphic Designer In 4 Steps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.