Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,243 members, 7,807,820 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:53 PM

Inviting Your Parents Into Your Marriage Affairs, Good Or Bad? (Photo) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Inviting Your Parents Into Your Marriage Affairs, Good Or Bad? (Photo) (1364 Views)

Is Spanking A Child Good Or Bad? / Good or bad parenting: Young Boy Steals Meat And Blames Devil For It / What Is The Craziest Thing Your Parents Ever Told You? (screenshots Attached) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Inviting Your Parents Into Your Marriage Affairs, Good Or Bad? (Photo) by ponpin234(m): 5:46am On Oct 18, 2017
I am not married yet, but will surely do one day. Now the Question goes this way and opinions and suggestions will be highly appreciated

Is it a Right thing to Invite your parents into your Marriage affairs when there is a Problem or a heart burning issue. I was reading a story on Youngicee.com about 'love me again' the lady kicked the idea of inviting her parents into her marital issues, as a way of breaking the code of marriage.

Is it Right or Wrong to Invite your Parents into Marital Affairs and Problems. Examples and Opinions will be welcomed and reasons included.

Re: Inviting Your Parents Into Your Marriage Affairs, Good Or Bad? (Photo) by Nobody: 6:12am On Oct 18, 2017
when the priest, pastor, religious head, or family elder was joining you and your spouse did he also call all the family members to join them In holy matrimony with you.

will your family members Also pay the bills in the house, pay Children's school fees or provide the necessities of life.

The only one who should have an opinion in marriage are the ones who pay the bills and take care of the children because any outcome affects you and your children and not your family members
Re: Inviting Your Parents Into Your Marriage Affairs, Good Or Bad? (Photo) by MasterKim: 6:16am On Oct 18, 2017
It's d best thing
Re: Inviting Your Parents Into Your Marriage Affairs, Good Or Bad? (Photo) by ponpin234(m): 6:18am On Oct 18, 2017
Evaberry:
when the priest, pastor, religious head, or family elder was joining you and your spouse did he also call all the family members to join them In holy matrimony with you.

will your family members Also pay the bills in the house, pay Children's school fees or provide the necessities of life.

The only one who should have an opinion in marriage are the ones who pay the bills and take care of the children because any outcome affects you and your children and not your family members
You are right oo, buh dia re some family members who will like to just put themselves into every matter...
how do you deal with those types of family members
Re: Inviting Your Parents Into Your Marriage Affairs, Good Or Bad? (Photo) by ponpin234(m): 6:20am On Oct 18, 2017
MasterKim:
It's d best thing
Y do you think or know its the best idea
Re: Inviting Your Parents Into Your Marriage Affairs, Good Or Bad? (Photo) by Chommieblaq(f): 1:17pm On Oct 18, 2017
Good, except it get to the point where the both couple can't handle, then it's advisable to involve the parent or someone the couple respects.
Re: Inviting Your Parents Into Your Marriage Affairs, Good Or Bad? (Photo) by prestigiouslady: 4:12pm On Oct 18, 2017
Yes...sometimes you need them to counsel, encourage you especially when you see that matters are heading south and you can't keep it together...they've been through that path, though that doesn't mean they are in the best counsellors for you simply because they have been through same.
We go through same stuffs differently, and we see things from different angle.
No knowledge is wasted, their experience might help in making certain decisions

What an elder can see when sitting, a child may not see it even on top of an iroko tree.
Re: Inviting Your Parents Into Your Marriage Affairs, Good Or Bad? (Photo) by LewsTherin: 4:32am On Oct 19, 2017
Set boundaries.
I once was taught that before you get married, find that one person that your spouse respects/fears, get introduced to then as a couple and have them in mind as a final arbiter. Emphasis on the word final. They come into play only when other avenues fail.
Until then, NO ONE should have any say in your marriage. 3rd parties are themselves a source of strifein a relationship. Learn to discuss and settle things between yourselves.

If counsel is needed, I will suggest a professional. Most definitely not daddy or mummy or any family that are bound to take sides and be biased towards their blood.

Even my driver doesn't get the chance to hear any private matters. We don't discuss private issues in the car.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Inviting Your Parents Into Your Marriage Affairs, Good Or Bad? (Photo) by ponpin234(m): 11:32am On Oct 19, 2017
LewsTherin:
Set boundaries.
I once was taught that before you get married, find that one person that your spouse respects/fears, get introduced to then as a couple and have them in mind as a final arbiter. Emphasis on the word final. They come into play only when other avenues fail.
Until then, NO ONE should have any say in your marriage. 3rd parties are themselves a source of strifein a relationship. Learn to discuss and settle things between yourselves.

If counsel is needed, I will suggest a professional. Most definitely not daddy or mummy or any family that are bound to take sides and be biased towards their blood.

Even my driver doesn't get the chance to hear any private matters. We don't discuss private issues in the car.

wow, thats reli nice....

most family members always love to take sides...not reli easy
Re: Inviting Your Parents Into Your Marriage Affairs, Good Or Bad? (Photo) by Divay22(f): 11:47am On Oct 19, 2017
It's not a bad one..
But don't make your parents bad mouth your partner, let them offer solution but anything apart from that, don't take it...
If couple can communicate effectively, I don't see any need for 3rd party.
Re: Inviting Your Parents Into Your Marriage Affairs, Good Or Bad? (Photo) by Tommfrench(m): 1:39pm On Oct 19, 2017
It's not bad....so long you ain't inviting them to see reasons with you .
Re: Inviting Your Parents Into Your Marriage Affairs, Good Or Bad? (Photo) by simiolu1(m): 2:53pm On Oct 19, 2017
It depends on so many factors. I have always asked my brothers for advice when I encounter any challenge in a relationship that is above my thinking cap. And they have never failed to advice me as to what is best even when I am not comfortable with it. If na me Bleep up, they tell it to my face.

Because of this, I will most probably go to them for martial advice IF the thing pass my power. Na them be my Papa and Mama as Papa and Mama have gone to be with Baba God.

I also don't fail to tell any lady I am dating that I would rather have her report me to my brothers as they are her fathers-in-law.

(1) (Reply)

Where Are The Baby DADDIES To Celebrate? The Weaker Sex Indeed! / Cute Pre-wedding Photos Of A Motor Mechanic / My Husband Is Bisexual!!,help Me.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.