Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,304 members, 7,780,718 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:29 PM

China Pledges More Investments In Nigeria, Others - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / China Pledges More Investments In Nigeria, Others (4268 Views)

Foreign Portfolio Investments In Equities Rises By 4472% In Nigeria / UK Cuts Tariffs On Products From Nigeria, Others / Jim Ovia Expresses Optimism For More Investments In Nigerian Economy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

China Pledges More Investments In Nigeria, Others by Truth234(m): 6:44am On Oct 18, 2017
China has pledged increased investments in Nigeria and other nations of the world by its citizens and private business concerns as it vows to open up more to the outside world.

This is a main agenda of the 19th National Congress of the Communist Party of China, which opens in Beijing today (Wednesday) at the Great Hall of the People.

The spokesperson for the congress, Mr. Tuo Zhen, said at a pre-congress press conference in Beijing on Tuesday that following the decision taken at the 18th congress five years ago, investment cooperation by Chinese companies had positively contributed to many host countries in helping them to improve industrial standards and achieve economic and social development.

According to him, between 2013 and 2016, Chinese companies invested about $560bn overseas, paid over $100bn of various kinds of taxes to the host countries, and created millions of jobs for the local communities.

“The investment by Chinese companies has helped the destination countries transform their resources and labour advantages into strength for development; and investment by Chinese companies is welcomed by the host countries,” Zhen stated.

According to him, China advocates international cooperation on production capacity, which is aimed at leveraging the comparative strength of all countries, serving the development needs of the nations, and building a more balanced and inclusive global industrial chain.

He noted that in a highly open international market, Chinese companies face fierce competition from local and global firms.

http://investorsking.com/china-pledges-investments-nigeria-others/
Re: China Pledges More Investments In Nigeria, Others by EmekaBlue(m): 6:47am On Oct 18, 2017
我可以说中文,但是我没有中国工作
Re: China Pledges More Investments In Nigeria, Others by Nobody: 8:16am On Oct 18, 2017

1 Like

Re: China Pledges More Investments In Nigeria, Others by Nobody: 8:16am On Oct 18, 2017
Chinese will always be our Oga till Jesus comes.
And you hear some lazy Nigerians with nothing to show for their existence calling Chinese products fake!
smh!!

1 Like

Re: China Pledges More Investments In Nigeria, Others by oshodinho1: 8:16am On Oct 18, 2017
They should not come abeg. They maltreat Nigerians!
Re: China Pledges More Investments In Nigeria, Others by marvin902(m): 8:17am On Oct 18, 2017
china and naija don turn 5&6..
the person below me wetin grin grin
Re: China Pledges More Investments In Nigeria, Others by ookesanjo(m): 8:17am On Oct 18, 2017
This person above me ehn... anyway its a good one
Re: China Pledges More Investments In Nigeria, Others by baby124: 8:18am On Oct 18, 2017
Let them first liberate the millions of Chinese working for coins first. China is becoming predatory. We need to be careful and check them. Nigerian citizens have more freedom than the Chinese in China. So we need to be very careful the help we take from foreign countries. They don't invest if there is no opportunity to rip off the country. No country in this world is that benevolent.

4 Likes

Re: China Pledges More Investments In Nigeria, Others by deepee08(m): 8:18am On Oct 18, 2017
let Me book this plot of land
Re: China Pledges More Investments In Nigeria, Others by Ibrahim9090: 8:19am On Oct 18, 2017
Space Booked
Re: China Pledges More Investments In Nigeria, Others by AburoBuhari: 8:20am On Oct 18, 2017
k
Re: China Pledges More Investments In Nigeria, Others by Nobody: 8:20am On Oct 18, 2017
oshodinho1:
They should not come abeg. They maltreat Nigerians!
because nigerians maltreat each other
Re: China Pledges More Investments In Nigeria, Others by Lalas247(f): 8:29am On Oct 18, 2017
Lol and you ppl are happy
This is so sad

Come to ur country and take over undecided wherein the world do u see them let Chinese invest ... last time I was in Nigeria saw the way those ppl speak to Nigerians I was like wow ... u guys take a lot of shit all in the name of poverty
Re: China Pledges More Investments In Nigeria, Others by Nobody: 8:47am On Oct 18, 2017
Lalas247:
Lol and you ppl are happy
This is so sad

Come to ur country and take over undecided wherein the world do u see them let Chinese invest ... last time I was in Nigeria saw the way those ppl speak to Nigerians I was like wow ... u guys take a lot of shit all in the name of poverty

Sarkozy describes the condition of the African man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s32eInxqubw

"The tragedy of Africa is that the African has not fully entered into history. The African peasant, who for thousands of years have lived according to the seasons, whose life ideal was to be in harmony with nature, only knew the eternal renewal of time, rhythmed by the endless repetition of the same gestures and the same words.

In this imaginary world where everything starts over and over again there is no place for human adventure or for the idea of progress.

In this universe where nature commands all, man escapes from the anguish of history that torments modern man, but he rests immobile in the centre of a static order where everything seems to have been written beforehand.

This man never launched himself towards the future. The idea never came to him to get out of this repetition and to invent his own destiny."

1 Like

Re: China Pledges More Investments In Nigeria, Others by Lalas247(f): 8:49am On Oct 18, 2017
zenmaster:

Sarkozy describes the condition of the African man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s32eInxqubw

"The tragedy of Africa is that the African has not fully entered into history. The African peasant, who for thousands of years have lived according to the seasons, whose life ideal was to be in harmony with nature, only knew the eternal renewal of time, rhythmed by the endless repetition of the same gestures and the same words.

In this imaginary world where everything starts over and over again there is no place for human adventure or for the idea of progress.

In this universe where nature commands all, man escapes from the anguish of history that torments modern man, but he rests immobile in the centre of a static order where everything seems to have been written beforehand.

This man never launched himself towards the future. The idea never came to him to get out of this repetition and to invent his own destiny."
Thanks i’ll Watch the video later ...
Re: China Pledges More Investments In Nigeria, Others by donqx: 9:06am On Oct 18, 2017
ok
Re: China Pledges More Investments In Nigeria, Others by j1mmy: 9:23am On Oct 18, 2017
Chaina slowly taking over Africa as the stupid africans sleep through it.

build one toilet and get a diamond or copper mine in exchange

build one road and get an entire village land for farming and exploitation!

1 Like

Re: China Pledges More Investments In Nigeria, Others by mahyowah(m): 9:31am On Oct 18, 2017
China has just promised more exploitation. Don't be deceived. China borrows Nigeria for infrastructural development, this same funds are given to Chinese contractors who give us substandard products and services. China is colonizing Nigeria economically.
Re: China Pledges More Investments In Nigeria, Others by Nobody: 9:32am On Oct 18, 2017
baby124:
Let them first liberate the millions of Chinese working for coins first. China is becoming predatory. We need to be careful and check them. Nigerian citizens have more freedom than the Chinese in China. So we need to be very careful the help we take from foreign countries. They don't invest if there is no opportunity to rip off the country. No country in this world is that benevolent.
China like India will experience what you put up there because of their population. Albeit, there are 2 nations I think mean well for Africa.Germany and China. I'd prefer china investments to other countries in Nigeria!
Re: China Pledges More Investments In Nigeria, Others by baby124: 9:37am On Oct 18, 2017
majekdom2:
China like India will experience what you put up there because of their population. Albeit, there are 2 nations I think mean well for Africa.Germany and China. I'd prefer china investments to other countries in Nigeria!
No country means well for others except themselves. We humans follow the money.

1 Like

Re: China Pledges More Investments In Nigeria, Others by 400billionman: 9:50am On Oct 18, 2017
Any new car manufacturer in Africa apart from the car household names OEMs like Toyota is simply applying 70% Chinese car parts and technology.

INNOSON ndewo.

China weldone..
Re: China Pledges More Investments In Nigeria, Others by Nobody: 9:51am On Oct 18, 2017
baby124:

No country means well for others except themselves. We humans follow the money.
Yes, You can do good by doing business. You can make profit by doing good. That is what they are preaching!
Re: China Pledges More Investments In Nigeria, Others by baby124: 9:58am On Oct 18, 2017
majekdom2:
Yes, You can do good by doing business. You can make profit by doing good. That is what they are preaching!
How many Nigerians are employed by these companies? What good does that their presence do you? Isn't it mostly politicians and Chinese government that benefit from these deals? While Nigerians are mistreated in their own land.

Don't their employees mostly come from China and pay tax to Chinese government? Why don't we empower our many graduates and professionals. Why do we not develop our own talents? The Chinese are not smarter than Nigerians. For you to say this rubbish as a Nigerian man shows that you are not a man. You have sold your pride and your manhood on the altar of inferiority complex and poverty. Even when you become rich, you will always think this way. Start to believe in yourself and change the way you think.
Re: China Pledges More Investments In Nigeria, Others by delishpot: 10:04am On Oct 18, 2017
Our leaders have sold us to the Chinese instead of empowering our own people. Greed is working.
Re: China Pledges More Investments In Nigeria, Others by Nobody: 10:08am On Oct 18, 2017
baby124:

How many Nigerians are employed by these companies? What good does that their presence do you? Isn't it mostly politicians and Chinese government that benefit from these deals? While Nigerians are mistreated in their own land.

Don't their employees mostly come from China and pay tax to Chinese government? Why don't we empower our many graduates and professionals. Why do we not develop our own talents? The Chinese are not smarter than Nigerians. For you to say this rubbish as a Nigerian man shows that you are not a man. You have sold your pride and your manhood on the altar of inferiority complex and poverty. Even when you become rich, you will always think this way. Start to believe in yourself and change the way you think.
when you say "why don't we" , who are you referring too. The citizens or the government? if you are referring to the citizens i.e me and you then you are just another uniformed Nigerian. I explained to you why I believe in foreign investment, thats because its a way of doing good and doing business. Let your government treat you well before you blame another country investing in your country and contributing little. Yes there are chinese employers, who is to blame. @ least they create jobs for a few Nigerians. Is it better than nothing! The chinese are way smarter than NIgerians. If Nigerians are, we wont be having this debate.
Re: China Pledges More Investments In Nigeria, Others by Nobody: 10:12am On Oct 18, 2017
zenmaster:

because nigerians maltreat each other
exactly what I explained on some other thread yesterday and even now. it is what they see, they do!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: China Pledges More Investments In Nigeria, Others by Nobody: 10:15am On Oct 18, 2017
majekdom2:
exactly what I explained on some other thread yesterday and even now. it is what they see, they do!
Let the Chinese go and maltreat Russians or Germans let us see

1 Like

Re: China Pledges More Investments In Nigeria, Others by Alphasoar(m): 11:09am On Oct 18, 2017
They want to start buying dried yams again?
Re: China Pledges More Investments In Nigeria, Others by cyborg123(m): 12:55pm On Oct 18, 2017
sad
Where are we on the previous pledges? Please let's take that presidential debate program serious by 2019.
Re: China Pledges More Investments In Nigeria, Others by malove22: 2:15pm On Oct 18, 2017
Do not allow them.

New Colonial masters coming to a place near you.
Re: China Pledges More Investments In Nigeria, Others by seunfape(m): 3:43am On Oct 19, 2017
[quote author=oshodinho1 post=61528161]They should not come abeg. They maltreat Nigerians! [/quote China they invest ? Unless people

(1) (Reply)

Can One Still Import Clothes To Nigeria Regardless Of The Ban / PPPRA Issues 42 Fuel Import Permits To Marketers / First Bank Visa Gold Card

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.