Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,317 members, 7,780,778 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:02 PM

Fuse ODG Calls Out Nivea Over "Visibly Fairer Skin" Billboard Advert - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Fuse ODG Calls Out Nivea Over "Visibly Fairer Skin" Billboard Advert (28324 Views)

Tyler Perry Reacts To Racquel Bailey's Billboard Advert To Get His Attention / Ghanaian Singer, Fuse ODG Poses With Dark Skin Queens (photo) / Too much money: SeyiLaw mark’s daughter’s birthday with billboard advert -Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuse ODG Calls Out Nivea Over "Visibly Fairer Skin" Billboard Advert by hanassholesolo: 11:54am On Oct 18, 2017
What's wrong with Nivea? Some of us are light skinned from birth how is that not embracing our color? Must I be charcoal black like most Ghanaians before you'll be happy?
Re: Fuse ODG Calls Out Nivea Over "Visibly Fairer Skin" Billboard Advert by symbianDON(m): 11:55am On Oct 18, 2017
i wonder why these companies downgrading our skin colour won't ever make products that tone your skin colour from 'white to visibly dark'. perhaps the main issue is with us, africans, who feel our skin colour wasn't properly made by God and we are forever seeking to help Him change it to a fairer colour!
Re: Fuse ODG Calls Out Nivea Over "Visibly Fairer Skin" Billboard Advert by mekstaniac(m): 11:55am On Oct 18, 2017
Shut the fvck up fuse, you are not the spokesperson for all of ghana
Re: Fuse ODG Calls Out Nivea Over "Visibly Fairer Skin" Billboard Advert by moupe: 12:01pm On Oct 18, 2017
PANDA2:
NIGERIANS, ESPECIALLY, HAVE BEEN SHOWCASING THEIR INFERIORITY COMPLEX WITH THEIR INSATIABLE AND SOMETIMES DANGEROUS QUEST FOR FAIR SKIN BY OVER 70PERCENT OF THEIR MEN AND WOMEN USING BLEACHING PRODUCTS, LIKE ACTRESSES, EVEN THEIR HUSBANDS A LA OMOTOLA HUSBAND, TRADITIONAL RULERS LIKE THE ALAAFIN AND EVEN SO CALLED CELEBRITIES AND ROLE MODELS

YOU CANNOT BLAME NIVEA FOR TAPPING INTO THE PHYSICAL INSECURITIES OF DUMB AFRICANS AND OTHER RACES WHO TREASURE LIGHTER SKIN OVER THEIR GOD GIVEN NATURAL COMPLEXION.

Is so tue. It's a global disgrace that African men will kill themselves over a fair lady, and even pressure their wives and girlfriends to go into this act of bleaching

What I cannot understand is the bobrisky crowd like omotola husband captain Ekehinde and alaafin and some of these new musical acts. Men who bleach have terrible body odor., and even many of the ladies.
Re: Fuse ODG Calls Out Nivea Over "Visibly Fairer Skin" Billboard Advert by HMZi: 12:09pm On Oct 18, 2017
pansophist:
Business only care about meeting a demand, satisfying customers and making profit. Ethical and moral reasons usually are not a criteria in the determination of profit making as far it’s legal.

If I go to Sweden and advertise cream for darker skin, such product will die a natural death since there is not a demand for it. The focus should be on low self-esteemed Africans who desperately wants to bleach their skin.

Although, I’ll be glad if the advert is taken down
Re: Fuse ODG Calls Out Nivea Over "Visibly Fairer Skin" Billboard Advert by anochuko01(m): 12:10pm On Oct 18, 2017
them force you buy am?

1 Like

Re: Fuse ODG Calls Out Nivea Over "Visibly Fairer Skin" Billboard Advert by dataking: 12:12pm On Oct 18, 2017
ttmacoy:
Please stop misinterpreting the dove advert. People just took a snippet and made it into a racial issue when it was not and even the Nigerian model who was featured confirmed same. If you watch the whole advert it was a black lady changed to a white lady who changed into an Asian lady and the point was the product could be used by women of all races but social justice warriors took a snippet of the black lady to white and painted it as it means black skin isn’t good and should change to white.

If it meant black skin wasn’t good then why haven’t white women protested that it means Asian skin is better?

In this situation yes advertising skin bleaching products isn’t ideal but if we stopped buying them and bleaching then they will not target us. To them it’s a target market, some people in that are so insecure they will rather bleach their skin hence it’s a market. If I was a marketing lead for a bleaching product I will target the market that likes to bleach, simple.

Some white women like to tan so much and darken their skin that they look like an orange Donald Trump and guess what, tanning salons and products target them. That is capitalism not racism.

Not everything is racism or discrimination.

Why didn’t the white lady change into a black lady. Why was it the other way round

2 Likes

Re: Fuse ODG Calls Out Nivea Over "Visibly Fairer Skin" Billboard Advert by Liftedhands(f): 12:12pm On Oct 18, 2017
Lalas247:
Yes so he should

Dove got called out here too ... taking off a brown top to reveal white ...
Wtf is that suppose to mean .. we love our dark skin ... melanin rich .. that is just discrimination on dark skin if you can’t see what’s wrong with the billboard .. u are plain dumb undecided

Visibly fairer skin or
What’s wrong with dark skin undecided not everybody wants to bleach
I don't even know why omawunmi agreed to do this ad.
Re: Fuse ODG Calls Out Nivea Over "Visibly Fairer Skin" Billboard Advert by Moletemike: 12:13pm On Oct 18, 2017
PANDA2:
NIGERIANS, ESPECIALLY, HAVE BEEN SHOWCASING THEIR INFERIORITY COMPLEX WITH THEIR INSATIABLE AND SOMETIMES DANGEROUS QUEST FOR FAIR SKIN BY OVER 70PERCENT OF THEIR MEN AND WOMEN USING BLEACHING PRODUCTS, LIKE ACTRESSES, EVEN THEIR HUSBANDS A LA OMOTOLA HUSBAND, TRADITIONAL RULERS LIKE THE ALAAFIN AND EVEN SO CALLED CELEBRITIES AND ROLE MODELS

YOU CANNOT BLAME NIVEA FOR TAPPING INTO THE PHYSICAL INSECURITIES OF DUMB AFRICANS AND OTHER RACES WHO TREASURE LIGHTER SKIN OVER THEIR GOD GIVEN NATURAL COMPLEXION.

On point!
Re: Fuse ODG Calls Out Nivea Over "Visibly Fairer Skin" Billboard Advert by Nobody: 12:15pm On Oct 18, 2017
Nothing wrong with that billboard. undecided

This is FuseODshït trying to virtue signal.
Re: Fuse ODG Calls Out Nivea Over "Visibly Fairer Skin" Billboard Advert by Strongbest(m): 12:17pm On Oct 18, 2017
Trust me, this will only make this their product to sell better.

He just succeeded in drawing attention of the fair skin "likers" to the product. Laughs.

www.nairaland.com/1798724/
Re: Fuse ODG Calls Out Nivea Over "Visibly Fairer Skin" Billboard Advert by naijaboiy: 12:22pm On Oct 18, 2017
Benita27:
The lady in question is a dark lady with inferiority complex. It takes a lot to identify such people. grin

First and foremost, Africans are blacks and our skin tone are in different shades. This advert is for fairer skin toned ladies, and if you're black and have a problem with that simply means you're intimated by the fairer skin toned ladies, so the ranting over the cream billboard. She has serious issues!.
Which lady are you talking about madam?

Fuseodg is a male Ghanaian artiste. undecided
Re: Fuse ODG Calls Out Nivea Over "Visibly Fairer Skin" Billboard Advert by Silentscreamer(f): 12:25pm On Oct 18, 2017
Benita27:
The lady in question is a dark lady with inferiority complex. It takes a lot to identify such people. grin

First and foremost, Africans are blacks and our skin tone are in different shades. This advert is for fairer skin toned ladies, and if you're black and have a problem with that simply means you're intimated by the fairer skin toned ladies, so the ranting over the cream billboard. She has serious issues!.
Seconded
Re: Fuse ODG Calls Out Nivea Over "Visibly Fairer Skin" Billboard Advert by PrimadonnaO(f): 12:34pm On Oct 18, 2017
Nivea is the safest product I know. I'm one of those who used to be stuck on it, until I unfortunately started getting only fakes. It doesn't bleach.
Re: Fuse ODG Calls Out Nivea Over "Visibly Fairer Skin" Billboard Advert by sKy007: 12:35pm On Oct 18, 2017
Answer that last question, how many dark skin girls do you see in music videos by Africans
Re: Fuse ODG Calls Out Nivea Over "Visibly Fairer Skin" Billboard Advert by sKy007: 12:36pm On Oct 18, 2017
PrimadonnaO:
Nivea is the safest product I know. I'm one of those who used to be stuck on it, until I unfortunately started getting only fakes. It doesn't bleach.
How can I know the fake
Re: Fuse ODG Calls Out Nivea Over "Visibly Fairer Skin" Billboard Advert by Safiaa(f): 12:36pm On Oct 18, 2017
Lalas247:
Yes so he should

Dove got called out here too ... taking off a brown top to reveal white ...
Wtf is that suppose to mean .. we love our dark skin ... melanin rich .. that is just discrimination on dark skin if you can’t see what’s wrong with the billboard .. u are plain dumb undecided

Visibly fairer skin or
What’s wrong with dark skin undecided not everybody wants to bleach
Prreeacch!!!!
Too many girls bleaching their skin. It's absolutely horrible. Most times they look horrible. Their face yellow and theirs hands and feet black. If you see their faces without makeup, you'll run. Lets embrace the skin God gave to us. Theres nothin like a confident black dark skin woman who loves herself. Its beautiful.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuse ODG Calls Out Nivea Over "Visibly Fairer Skin" Billboard Advert by Nobody: 12:37pm On Oct 18, 2017
Safiaa:
Prreeacch!!!!
Too many girls bleaching their skin. It's absolutely horrible. Most times they look horrible. Their face yellow and theirs hands and feet black. If you see their faces without makeup, you'll run. Lets embrace the skin God gave to us. Theres nothin like a confident black dark skin woman who loves herself. Its beautiful.
that's why I love you Safiaa, black and beautiful
Re: Fuse ODG Calls Out Nivea Over "Visibly Fairer Skin" Billboard Advert by Safiaa(f): 12:41pm On Oct 18, 2017
Benita27:

You have no idea about marketing or Advertising strategies that companies use to promote indirect colourism. Go and read a book.

3 Likes

Re: Fuse ODG Calls Out Nivea Over "Visibly Fairer Skin" Billboard Advert by IHate9jerians(m): 12:46pm On Oct 18, 2017
moupe:

Is so tue. It's a global disgrace that African men will kill themselves over a fair lady, and even pressure their wives and girlfriends to go into this act of bleaching

What I cannot understand is the bobrisky crowd like omotola husband captain Ekehinde and alaafin and some of these new musical acts. Men who bleach have terrible body odor., and even many of the ladies.
Bullshi.t!!
The majority of African men will have romantic relationships with ANY type of woman no matter her skintone,size,shape etc.
Secondly,African women especially the Nigerian ones,bleach their skins because they see their fellow women bleaching their skins.Its not surprising because everyone knows women have terrible insecurities.
This is not an African man issue.It is an African woman esp Nigerian woman insecurity issue.How many Nigerian ladies today dont spend hundreds of thousands of naira(sometimes even millions) inorder to acquire the hair of other womens' races and place them on their heads?
Quote me anywhere

3 Likes

Re: Fuse ODG Calls Out Nivea Over "Visibly Fairer Skin" Billboard Advert by PrimadonnaO(f): 12:50pm On Oct 18, 2017
sKy007:

How can I know the fake

Really difficult to tell, since they keep rebranding. You can manage to tell only when you've used the particular product for a long time. For me, I start reacting adversely immediately I use a fake product, which isn't normal.

But there was a time I got one that smelled completely different from the usual fragrance. After getting fake on three consecutive occasions, I gave up on Nivea.
Re: Fuse ODG Calls Out Nivea Over "Visibly Fairer Skin" Billboard Advert by mvem(m): 12:51pm On Oct 18, 2017
tartar9:
Are they forcing you undecided
...they are actually but done mentally....we are still slaves to the standard the europeans make but we deny it....mental slavery

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuse ODG Calls Out Nivea Over "Visibly Fairer Skin" Billboard Advert by smudge2079(m): 12:57pm On Oct 18, 2017
I refuse to play the victim card.

1 Like

Re: Fuse ODG Calls Out Nivea Over "Visibly Fairer Skin" Billboard Advert by ttmacoy: 1:00pm On Oct 18, 2017
So if the white lady turned black it will be fine but if otherwise it is racism? Really?

And I ask again does that mean Asian skin is better than white skin?

You choose to see racism to an advert that was not racist and as I said even the Nigeria model confirmed she understood what the message was. Taking a screenshot and blowing it up shows the level of insecurity we currently have and how people are actively looking for offence.

If the advert was done using only white and Asian women we would shout they excluded black women. Also the fact many of the people angry haven’t even watched the advert and have reacted based on the screenshot shows where we are today as a society.

We claim to be proud of your black skin yet get offended over something like that. That shows insecurity not strength and pride.

Can you answer this question did you watch the whole advert before concluding racism or did you just reach to the screenshoot which was obviously taken to suggest racism?

dataking:

Why didn’t the white lady change into a black lady. Why was it the other way round

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuse ODG Calls Out Nivea Over "Visibly Fairer Skin" Billboard Advert by kay29000(m): 1:01pm On Oct 18, 2017
Oops! Omowunmi gets caught in crossfire.
Re: Fuse ODG Calls Out Nivea Over "Visibly Fairer Skin" Billboard Advert by musicwriter(m): 1:08pm On Oct 18, 2017
pansophist:
Business only care about meeting a demand, satisfying customers and making profit. Ethical and moral reasons usually are not a criteria in the determination of profit making as far it’s legal.

If I go to Sweden and advertise cream for darker skin, such product will die a natural death since there is not a demand for it. The focus should be on low self-esteemed Africans who desperately wants to bleach their skin.

Although, I’ll be glad if the advert is taken down

The sentence in bold is the exact reason such crème and advert is mounted all over Africa and may be somewhere else in the tropics. And it's not a good thing. When you have such Africans full of low self esteem, they keep on birthing kids who don't trust themselves- which is why we seem to be stuck in this continent. We're going nowhere, unless we love ourselves the way we are, unless we have confidence in ourselves, unless we trust ourselves.

That's why such advert must be taken down.

White people over hundreds of years of slavery and colonialism has acquired PhD degree on how to exploit us in all areas, so even our low self esteem must be exploited. I' am really glad Africans are beginning to see the big picture.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuse ODG Calls Out Nivea Over "Visibly Fairer Skin" Billboard Advert by Nobody: 1:09pm On Oct 18, 2017
Safiaa:
You have no idea about marketing or Advertising strategies that companies use to promote indirect colourism. Go and read a book.
What's colourism?. You should be the one picking a book. LOL.
Re: Fuse ODG Calls Out Nivea Over "Visibly Fairer Skin" Billboard Advert by Nobody: 1:10pm On Oct 18, 2017
naijaboiy:

Which lady are you talking about madam?

Fuseodg is a male Ghanaian artiste. undecided
So, it's even a man. His brain must be leaking. grin
Re: Fuse ODG Calls Out Nivea Over "Visibly Fairer Skin" Billboard Advert by KAYD007(m): 1:18pm On Oct 18, 2017
There are products that are meant to be used on fairer skin likewise

There are product meant to be use to maintain black skin

Now, in ghana, are all the population black skin? are there no persons there that are naturally fairer in skin color?

The advert is simply saying, come oo una wey yellow, we get one product wey we get to maintain your yellowishness oo

how's that racism or encouraging bleaching? undecided
Re: Fuse ODG Calls Out Nivea Over "Visibly Fairer Skin" Billboard Advert by Safiaa(f): 1:20pm On Oct 18, 2017
Benita27:
What's colourism?. You should be the one picking a book. LOL.
Like i said, go and read a book. Your ignorance is glaring. Bye bye.

4 Likes

Re: Fuse ODG Calls Out Nivea Over "Visibly Fairer Skin" Billboard Advert by Just30: 1:29pm On Oct 18, 2017
mekstaniac:
Shut the fvck up fuse, you are not the spokesperson for all of ghana
shut the Bleep up
He's Ghanaian and you're not
You can keep their billboard in Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Akpororo Welcomes Twins With Wife, Josephine Ijeoma Onuabughuchi / Cossy Orjiakor: "Why I Reported My Neighbor To Police" / Ebube Nwagbo Goes On Tour With Lover [PICS]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.