Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,352 members, 7,808,233 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:10 AM

Corper Ekene Uwaoma Martins Shot Dead In Owerri (Photo) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Corper Ekene Uwaoma Martins Shot Dead In Owerri (Photo) (25815 Views)

16-Year-Old Yahoo Boy, 28 Others Arrested For Internet Fraud In Owerri (Photo) / Uwaoma Ifeanyi: Man Killed Hours After He Returned from Turkey / Prostitute Arrested After Being Tracked Down With Stolen Phone In Owerri. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Corper Ekene Uwaoma Martins Shot Dead In Owerri (Photo) by levrin: 10:17am On Oct 18, 2017
Unknown Gunmen has shot and killed a serving NYSC, Ekene Uwaoma Martins on Monday in Owerri, the Imo State capital. The 23-year-old was shot dead around 8.30pm at Ama-wire Junction, while he was returning to his residence, alongside a friend, MacDonald.

Ekene a 2016 graduate of History and International Studies from the Imo State University, Owerri, was serving at Ogun state for his one year National Youths Service Corps programme.

It was learnt that four men bearing arms waylaid Ekene and his friend MacDonald, demanding for mobile phones.

On his refusal to release his phones, gunmen shot Ekene on his chest and ran away.

He was rushed to the Federal Medical Centre, Owerri, where he was confirmed dead.

Ekene was said to have come to the state to visit his mother, Mrs. Mary Uwaoma, when he was murdered.

The state Commissioner of Police, Chris Ezike, confirming the incident said investigations were ongoing and that the culprits will be apprehended soon and charged to court.

http://www.gistmore.com/serving-youth-corper-shot-dead-unknown-gunmen-owerri

[img]https://4.bp..com/-iPSG0UNer7U/WecRoolZkcI/AAAAAAAATaI/Bi6NcesekXAsGGXMHLcMac7ifZCaTCCKACLcBGAs/s1600/suie.jpg[/img]

1 Like

Re: Corper Ekene Uwaoma Martins Shot Dead In Owerri (Photo) by pyyxxaro: 10:19am On Oct 18, 2017
sadJust wasted his life ,because of fone cry

Once I know say u be tiff

If u like hold sausage roll , carrot , spoon , Infact hold orange tell me say the orange naaa bomb

I nor go folo u argue ,I go gv u evrytin

because this life too sweet

Rip to him

79 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Corper Ekene Uwaoma Martins Shot Dead In Owerri (Photo) by Baawaa(m): 10:23am On Oct 18, 2017
Why all these calamities happens in IMO,or it is Zuma's statue that need blood

17 Likes

Re: Corper Ekene Uwaoma Martins Shot Dead In Owerri (Photo) by PEPPERified: 10:24am On Oct 18, 2017
RIP.
Hope Rochas Okorocha builds a statue in your honour.

10 Likes

Re: Corper Ekene Uwaoma Martins Shot Dead In Owerri (Photo) by smardray(m): 10:24am On Oct 18, 2017
just at his prime...how tragic

1 Like

Re: Corper Ekene Uwaoma Martins Shot Dead In Owerri (Photo) by thorpido(m): 10:28am On Oct 18, 2017
How do you drag phones with these crazy people that are armed?
Wisdom is profitable to direct.

RIP man.Hope the culprits meet their waterloo soon.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corper Ekene Uwaoma Martins Shot Dead In Owerri (Photo) by pyyxxaro: 10:30am On Oct 18, 2017
Baawaa:
Why all these calamities happens in IMO,or it is Zuma's statue that need blood

@zuma statue needs blood grin

1 Like

Re: Corper Ekene Uwaoma Martins Shot Dead In Owerri (Photo) by internationalman(m): 10:46am On Oct 18, 2017
Thank God my school does not go for NYSC. Even if it did I wouldn't have gone to this journey of death.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Corper Ekene Uwaoma Martins Shot Dead In Owerri (Photo) by Nobody: 12:29pm On Oct 18, 2017
Did he die?

4 Likes

Re: Corper Ekene Uwaoma Martins Shot Dead In Owerri (Photo) by VoltageDivida(m): 12:29pm On Oct 18, 2017
levrin:

The state Commissioner of Police, Chris Ezike, confirming the incident said investigations were ongoing and that the culprits will be apprehended soon and charged to court.

Proper investigations should be done and they culprits when apprehended should not be charged to court. We don't trust our courts anymore.

'Sharp sharp justice' should be served them

2 Likes

Re: Corper Ekene Uwaoma Martins Shot Dead In Owerri (Photo) by Nobody: 12:30pm On Oct 18, 2017
alexistaiwo:
Did he die?
What a wicked world we live in.
Rip to the dead

2 Likes

Re: Corper Ekene Uwaoma Martins Shot Dead In Owerri (Photo) by JoshMedia: 12:30pm On Oct 18, 2017
People can be wicked.......

Chai!!
Re: Corper Ekene Uwaoma Martins Shot Dead In Owerri (Photo) by Finstar: 12:30pm On Oct 18, 2017
Why do people value material things more than their life? This would have been averted had he given them the phone without blinking an eye.. If I'm with my Lamborghini and one thief with a gun said he like it, my brothers and sisters, I will give him the key, including the papers cause I believe that once there's life, there's more to come.

RIP

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Corper Ekene Uwaoma Martins Shot Dead In Owerri (Photo) by countryfive: 12:30pm On Oct 18, 2017
cry I had an experience with touts in owerri , they collected 20k plus from me and threatened to break my head if I don't comply , I kukuma leave the money for them jeje go my way, if na fight I for fight but I couldn't tell if they were armed. this incident happened in the day time they were bold enough to rob me at a busy street in owerri.

how much is his phone android or no android ? now were ever he is now the phone is of no importance to him now another who did not suffer to get or die for the phone will be the one to make use of it .

this life ehh! e get as end bi.

5 Likes

Re: Corper Ekene Uwaoma Martins Shot Dead In Owerri (Photo) by castrol180(m): 12:30pm On Oct 18, 2017
Thank God the incident did not happen in Ogun state, it would have been some other talks...

6 Likes

Re: Corper Ekene Uwaoma Martins Shot Dead In Owerri (Photo) by Sirheny007(m): 12:31pm On Oct 18, 2017
pyyxxaro:

@zuma statue needs blood grin

@pyyxxaro
This is the 4th thread you are voicing your grievances towards that zuma statue.
iwu onye owerri? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Corper Ekene Uwaoma Martins Shot Dead In Owerri (Photo) by Nobody: 12:31pm On Oct 18, 2017
How much is the phone he wouldn't be able to buy again,wisdom is profitable to direct RIP
Re: Corper Ekene Uwaoma Martins Shot Dead In Owerri (Photo) by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 12:31pm On Oct 18, 2017
Since Rochas demolished that market, there has been an increase in theft and phone snatching.
Owerri residents can attest to this.

Ha! This guy is looking really familiar.
and to think he also served in Ogun as I did cry
RIP bruh. God help your people to bear the loss

2 Likes

Re: Corper Ekene Uwaoma Martins Shot Dead In Owerri (Photo) by brigadier7471: 12:32pm On Oct 18, 2017
lipsrsealed
Re: Corper Ekene Uwaoma Martins Shot Dead In Owerri (Photo) by SalamRushdie: 12:33pm On Oct 18, 2017
there is special place in hell for people that kill others because of cell phones;;;;;; RIP
Re: Corper Ekene Uwaoma Martins Shot Dead In Owerri (Photo) by enemyofprogress: 12:34pm On Oct 18, 2017
Thank God e no happen for where him dey serve Igbos for talk sey na afonja kill am
Re: Corper Ekene Uwaoma Martins Shot Dead In Owerri (Photo) by osusuallstars: 12:34pm On Oct 18, 2017
Rip bros. To the living, apply wisdom. Go out at night with a cheap phone, when they attacked you, just surrender the phone. Judgement awaits them.

1 Like

Re: Corper Ekene Uwaoma Martins Shot Dead In Owerri (Photo) by ebuka10box(m): 12:34pm On Oct 18, 2017
there was a country .....Nigeria d only country if u no get,dem go yab u if u get,kidnappers and armed robbers get u
Re: Corper Ekene Uwaoma Martins Shot Dead In Owerri (Photo) by Enugupikin: 12:35pm On Oct 18, 2017
if Anyone knows the kind of arms in owerri and the type of evil going in there u will shade tears...their men are either engaged in cultism or their women into cheap prostitution...imo should be carved out of sane south east and given to south south...tufiakwa

3 Likes

Re: Corper Ekene Uwaoma Martins Shot Dead In Owerri (Photo) by guru90: 12:35pm On Oct 18, 2017
last time was Rev. father now corper. .

so,people can't come back home peaceful at Imo state..

Na wa oooooh

1 Like

Re: Corper Ekene Uwaoma Martins Shot Dead In Owerri (Photo) by slateness: 12:35pm On Oct 18, 2017
alexistaiwo:
Did he die?
no, he flew

1 Like

Re: Corper Ekene Uwaoma Martins Shot Dead In Owerri (Photo) by Dutchey(m): 12:36pm On Oct 18, 2017
afi oju di yara pa eniyan ju HIV lo.....u see brother in arm, u wan dey do nigga...may ur soul rest in peace
Re: Corper Ekene Uwaoma Martins Shot Dead In Owerri (Photo) by SUPOL(m): 12:38pm On Oct 18, 2017
Are u sure it's all about d phone. I still suspect Somthingelse

2 Likes

Re: Corper Ekene Uwaoma Martins Shot Dead In Owerri (Photo) by guru90: 12:38pm On Oct 18, 2017
osusuallstars:
Rip bros. To the living, apply wisdom. Go out at night with a cheap phone, when they attacked you, just surrender the phone. Judgement awaits them.

stop promoting thieves joor...

Rather Prayer is the Key to survive in this wicked Generation.
Re: Corper Ekene Uwaoma Martins Shot Dead In Owerri (Photo) by Stormyweather(m): 12:38pm On Oct 18, 2017
Rip!!! I'll be even more sad if I find out the phone is tecno, itel or infinix.

1 Like

Re: Corper Ekene Uwaoma Martins Shot Dead In Owerri (Photo) by mohince(m): 12:38pm On Oct 18, 2017
Ipob.... Everywhere!! Dis biafrauud ppl don tire me. Well let them keep killing themself
Re: Corper Ekene Uwaoma Martins Shot Dead In Owerri (Photo) by Enugupikin: 12:39pm On Oct 18, 2017
PerfectlyPerfect:
Since Rochas demolished that market, there has been an increase in theft and phone snatching.
Owerri residents can attest to this.

Ha! This guy is looking really familiar. I think he was a FUTOite
you lack ability to read...finished from imsu...read again @op...African cave man

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

26-Year-Old Fraudster Arrested For Duping Nigerians Seeking To Travel Abroad.PIC / US Cops Threatens To Shoot Woman Because Her 4yr Old "Stole" A Barbie (Video) / Cleaner Nabbed With 103 Stolen SIM Cards, 13 Policemen Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.