Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,456 members, 7,781,314 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:21 PM

‘Adesua Etomi Is My Lucky Charm’- Film Director - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / ‘Adesua Etomi Is My Lucky Charm’- Film Director (871 Views)

BBNaija Tega: You Are Lucky I’m Married, If I Were Single, I’ll Do More... / BBNaija: Adesua Etomi Needs 5 Minutes In The House With Khafi / #bbnaija: Adesua Etomi Visits The House (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘Adesua Etomi Is My Lucky Charm’- Film Director by bouncenews2: 10:59am On Oct 18, 2017
Niyi Akinmolayan is a man of many firsts.

He made Nigeria’s first sci-fi film in 2009 called Kajola.

To some critics, the film flopped but Niyi Akinmolayan had made his mark and built a foundation on which others can say they drew inspiration.

He has been in Nollywood for a decade and has directed feature films including ‘Out Of Luck’, ‘Falling’ ‘The Abritration’ and ‘Make A Move’.

After completing his directing role for the sequel of one of the highest grossing films in Nigeria ‘The Wedding Party’, he has opened another new chapter in his adventurous career.

He wants his Anthill Studio to tap into the huge potential provided by the children film market across Africa.

His first step to achieve this is with the animated web series called ‘Lola and Chuchu’, this according to him will help whet their appetites for an animated feature film which they plan to release next year.

“I have been in the industry for 10 years, it is saturated with adult content, but the children market is a huge market and it is untapped. We want to fill that huge vacuum for Nigeria and Africa", he told Bounce News.

The filmmaker also talked about his consistency in working with Nollywood actress, Adesua Etomi.

“I have worked with her previously. She delivers. My working with her is mostly intentional and not coincidental.

"We directors like to pride ourselves in having that one actor that is like our lucky charm.

"I have to say it, that it is the films that she played a star role in that have gotten me the most recognition", he admitted.

Akinmolayan, who prefers to make not more than 2 films in a year, says he saw to power of collaboration while making ‘The Wedding Party 2’.

While working with the Dubai and the Lagos film crew he observed a higher level of professionalism and how quickly Nigerian actors adapt to challenges and take them on without complaining.

The Wedding Party 2 will be released on December 15 in cinemas and maybe Niyi AKinmolaya's lucky charm will work again.

Source: http://news.bounce.ng/Content/bounceexclusive-adesua-etomi-is-my-lucky-charm-film-director-20171018

MissyB3

Re: ‘Adesua Etomi Is My Lucky Charm’- Film Director by BornnAgainChild(f): 11:02am On Oct 18, 2017
Banky must see this
Re: ‘Adesua Etomi Is My Lucky Charm’- Film Director by SoftP(m): 11:05am On Oct 18, 2017
Banky is comming for ya head

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘Adesua Etomi Is My Lucky Charm’- Film Director by VoltageDivida(m): 11:08am On Oct 18, 2017
For your own good, may my man Banky never get to hear this.
Re: ‘Adesua Etomi Is My Lucky Charm’- Film Director by Seeker17(m): 11:17am On Oct 18, 2017
That gal is pure talent
Re: ‘Adesua Etomi Is My Lucky Charm’- Film Director by Tweetysparkles(f): 11:24am On Oct 18, 2017
she is my favorite actor wink she makes me watch the wedding party over and over again. the babe is just too talented smiley
Re: ‘Adesua Etomi Is My Lucky Charm’- Film Director by BlackDBagba: 11:30am On Oct 18, 2017
Ok
Re: ‘Adesua Etomi Is My Lucky Charm’- Film Director by Nobody: 2:07pm On Oct 18, 2017
space booked

(1) (Reply)

This Is What Na Dem Dey Rush Us Has Caused In Somalia / The First Bbnaija 2019 Saturday Night Party In Photos /

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.