Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,380 members, 7,808,356 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:46 AM

6 Things I Learnt From My Mobile App’s Journey To Its First 1000 Downloads - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / 6 Things I Learnt From My Mobile App’s Journey To Its First 1000 Downloads (3274 Views)

Driveinhud App Gains Over 1000 Registered User Within One Month Of Launch / Please Help Me Rate My Mobile App UI Design / Career Guides: Things I wish I had known earlier in d software development space (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Things I Learnt From My Mobile App’s Journey To Its First 1000 Downloads by FraNKAPP(m): 11:47am On Oct 18, 2017

1000 downloads in the first 4 weeks is relatively very small but it’s motivating at my end, so I decided to share with everyone a few things I learnt in the process perhaps it could help someone. You may also want to share this if you loved it to also help someone somewhere.

Often times the most lucrative opportunities are the ones we know nothing about. Indeed, how time flies. A quick flashback to June 2016 when I launched my bulk SMS business, https://appwebSMS.com, I was so afraid that my business could be one of those that died on arrival because there were thousands of bulk SMS websites already in existence.

I later picked up courage when I observed that there were thousands of bulk SMS websites, but there were just about ten bulk SMS businesses. There is really a difference between having a bulk SMS website and having a bulk SMS business. Lots of them had crappy CTRL + C & CTRL + V bulk SMS websites, but I wanted to build a business around my own website. Today, I want to tell you that my case is very much different. It has been a success story.

Earlier this year, whenever I checked the stats of the pages of my bulk SMS website, https://appwebSMS.com, the mobile app download page used to have the highest views after the home page. This kept telling me one thing; my customers need a mobile app.
But how can I give my customers a mobile app since I didn’t have the perfect skills in Android Development (things like Material Design, Java & Kotlin)? This leads us to the lessons I learnt from my mobile app’s journey to its first 1000 downloads on Google Play.

(1.) Procrastination is very deadly – I was really a poor developer before today. I needed to up my skills in Android Development to enable me to launch the mobile app for my customers, so I enrolled in a few courses on Udemy and I also downloaded some quality materials on Material Design and Kotlin.

Now came a time when my village people staged a fight with me. It was more like a Temple Run. The first night, I opened my Udemy app to start learning with the courses I enrolled for, next thing someone sent me a message on WhatsApp and vooooooooooom I’m already on WhatsApp to check the message. I did not leave WhatsApp again till the next morning and then realized I had wasted a precious night. I really blamed myself, but it did not stop there. The second day, the same thing happened, but this time it was Facebook that stopped me from learning. My bad, this happened for a period of 12 good days.

The 13th day, I decided to give my village people a run for their ***** you know and I stood against all odds. Believe me; I uninstalled WhatsApp, Facebook, Facebook Messenger, Instagram, Medium, and Quora from my phone. Yes, I also deleted Quora because I was spending tens of hours reading questions and answers of people that have made it. I installed Stack Overflow instead. I still wonder how early-stage developers succeeded without StackOverflow.

At this point, I was good to go. I shunned social media completely for a period of 4 weeks and the results became very interesting. I was able to learn Material Design, Java and Kotlin to an extent that I could develop the bulk SMS mobile app. Did I forget to mention that I learnt by doing? Well, I want to tell someone today that the best way to learn is by creating real-world applications in the process. There will always be great guides on Stack Overflow to help you understand every concept. Please, run away from any programmer that detests Stack Overflow. Let me tell you that I developed my bulk SMS app, appwebSMS within 4 weeks even as I was learning (learn-by-doing).

Had I allowed social media to win the war, I would have still been there hopping on when to learn. My brothers and my sisters, the time is now. Procrastination is very deadly. Don’t allow it to keep you back in the dark ages. Stay awake today and smile tomorrow. No time. I mean, no dulling at all.

(2.) User Interface and Experience are the Princess and Queen (use the industry standard) – Love at first sight, that kind of thing you know. They said all that glitters is not gold, but believe me, you will first pick up that thing that glitters before you now go ahead to discover whether it’s gold or plywood.

This same principle applies to mobile apps. If you want to download an app from Google Play and you notice from the screenshots that the design looks so bad, you will never download it. I guess you will agree with me on that because you don’t want yet another poison on your phone.

I was able to sell my app really quickly to my target audience because of its simple yet beautiful user interface and experience.

When creating your own app, you really need to invest heavily on UI/UX. It gets and retains those customers for you. Use the industry standard tools like Android Studio so that you can easily implement Material Design to your app. Also, ensure that you optimize the size of your app to get as small as it can so as to increase download choices in emerging markets like Africa.

(3.) Promoting your app aggressively with a personal story is the king
– the need for this cannot be overemphasized.

I launched my app on a Sunday and I told a few lines of personal stories linked to my developing of the app. That was the best thing I could have done and it helped caught my friends attention to download and also rate my app 5 stars on Google Play. Everyone wants to see a reason to support you. Don’t always present yourself as a company.

A company most times do not have a human face, but you as the owner of the company have. Use your personal brand to launch on the first day, then go back to respond to queries as a company. Human beings are always afraid of companies I must tell you. Come closer to your people and they will come closer to you. I currently have 62 five star reviews and 1 jealousy somebody’s 1-star review.

This early downloads and positive reviews you get from your friends are what will push your app to the next level. Use platforms like Nairaland, Google+, Quora and others to promote your app, but please, don’t waste your time promoting a crappy app. Ensure you have played your own good part, else bad reviews will eventually fall on you – Yakataaaaaaa…!

(4.) You can’t be perfect at first launch
– “If you are not embarrassed by the first version of your product, you have launched too late” – Reid Hoffman, LinkedIn Founder.

You have heard it from Reid Hoffman. This is also one of the reasons Google Play has provisions for app updates. You can’t do it perfectly at first launch. Even WhatsApp, Facebook and other big players are still pushing out updates today. This is because it’s not yet perfect for their users.

When I was developing appwebSMS, I deactivated the search functionality so as to debug an error. As time goes on after my launching, one of my users complained that he needed the phone contacts search feature that was when I remembered I did not activate it back before launching. A user also complained about not being able to send messages to more than 100 contacts. I tested again and noticed that I had wrongly used GET request method instead of POST. This being that GET request method allows only 2085 chars long. I’m really a dumb ass programmer. Only a few users knew it then and the best thing I did was to fix the bug and push out the update. Life is so easy!

So, don’t wait to be too perfect before you launch. “Your ideas only gets clearer as you work on them” – Mark Zuckerberg. Launch today and seek user feedback. Remember, there is no time.

(5.) You will get 1000%+ new paying customers in few weeks
– This is where it gets most interesting. Of course, everyone wants that ease. Nobody wants to dull at all. Everyone wants to just tap an icon on their mobile phone and do it vaaaaaaaam. Why then deprive them of their want? Launch an app today and see how your business will gain thousands of new paying customers. I’m a living witness.

Before I launched my app, I had about 170 paying customers in 1 year. But immediately I launched my app, my paying customers increased to 700 in just 4 weeks. Before, I used to wake up to lots of unsolicited MTN messages, but these days I always wake up to at least 4 credit alerts and another 5 credit alerts while in the office. This is just for customers that paid online; now add those that make a bank deposit and mobile transfers. It has really been a great journey. If I start BOLE (roasted plantain) business today, I must launch an app for online ordering the next day.

(6.) Customers are truly always right; be patient with them – during the cause of my exponential increase in customer base, I had received lots of calls from different backgrounds of individuals. I learnt that as a business owner, you must be patient with every single customer and offer them great support. One fateful morning, a customer called me on phone and this is our conversation over the phone:

Customer: Hello from the other side, my name is ******
Me: Well Done Sir (in Falz voice)
Customer: Please, am I speaking with appwebSMS support?
Me:* I now remembered that I forgot to do the normal thing because we were acting Falz over the phone.
Me: Good day and welcome to appwebSMS! How may I help you today?
Customer: I saw your app on Google Play. Please, how can I download it?
Me: *I was like Heeeeeeeeeeeeyyyy. How will you download it? I wanted to get angry in the first place but I had my chill. I started lectures with this man o. I mean, complete “Google Play Installation Processes 101” Finally we downloaded the app together over the phone call. Next…
Customer: How do I create an account?
Me: *What have I done to deserve this now? In my mind though. But we passed this stage.
Customer: How do I activate my account? How do I log in? How do I save phone numbers to phonebook?
Me: *My people, the questions were many, I nearly cried because I was answering the call. This is how we were on lectures o until he asked – How do I make payment? Then the normal me came back. Let me tell you that this particular customer purchased an SMS unit worth NGN40,000 at the end of the day.

Since then, I always treat all the customers like newborn babies over the phone. They are truly always right. We just need to be patient with most of them.

These are a few things I learnt in this short period of time and I thought it could be beneficial to some people, hence my sharing with you. If you found this piece interesting, do help someone out there by sharing these experiences with them as well.

You can check out the app on Google Play at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.frankappweb.appwebsms

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 6 Things I Learnt From My Mobile App’s Journey To Its First 1000 Downloads by WatchinginHD(m): 11:59am On Oct 18, 2017
Nice

1 Like

Re: 6 Things I Learnt From My Mobile App’s Journey To Its First 1000 Downloads by Tittusstar22(m): 12:01pm On Oct 18, 2017
nice one!

1 Like

Re: 6 Things I Learnt From My Mobile App’s Journey To Its First 1000 Downloads by Nobody: 12:24pm On Oct 18, 2017
Keep it up bro!!!!!

1 Like

Re: 6 Things I Learnt From My Mobile App’s Journey To Its First 1000 Downloads by SunFlow(m): 12:34pm On Oct 18, 2017
This is encouraging and captivating.
Thanks OP

1 Like

Re: 6 Things I Learnt From My Mobile App’s Journey To Its First 1000 Downloads by FraNKAPP(m): 1:17pm On Oct 18, 2017
I'm so glad you all loved it and found it helpful. That's another motivation at my end.

1 Like

Re: 6 Things I Learnt From My Mobile App’s Journey To Its First 1000 Downloads by enigma2007(m): 2:08pm On Oct 18, 2017
Inspiring. Good one bro!

1 Like

Re: 6 Things I Learnt From My Mobile App’s Journey To Its First 1000 Downloads by Nobody: 4:00pm On Oct 18, 2017
Good one op Am actually thinking of an app I should create After serious learning of java and app development.

1 Like

Re: 6 Things I Learnt From My Mobile App’s Journey To Its First 1000 Downloads by Dmayor7(m): 5:48pm On Oct 18, 2017
FraNKAPP:
I'm so glad you all loved it and found it helpful. That's another motivation at my end.

Please, I have been working on my own bulk sms website but finds it hard sending to foreign numbers.

I thinks its the sms provider am using.

What can I do?

1 Like

Re: 6 Things I Learnt From My Mobile App’s Journey To Its First 1000 Downloads by directonpc(m): 9:48pm On Oct 18, 2017
I have been procrastinating else I for get bulk sms app. Well done sir. Ur story will help someone with a working brain.

1 Like

Re: 6 Things I Learnt From My Mobile App’s Journey To Its First 1000 Downloads by asalimpo(m): 10:05pm On Oct 18, 2017
Very motivating. May your business grow and expand 1000 fold. Thanks for sharing.
For those who had given up hope on learning programming your story will boost them.
For those who had suffered with distraction, your tip will help them. fb,whatsapp,
Quora addiction smiley i've experienced it too. Chei! This malaise is costing the world $Billions in lost productivity.
And there's more - we now have addictions on par with substance addiction (sugar, narcotics).

1 Like

Re: 6 Things I Learnt From My Mobile App’s Journey To Its First 1000 Downloads by FraNKAPP(m): 10:15pm On Oct 18, 2017
fidalgo19:
Good one op
Am actually thinking of an app I should create
After serious learning of java and app development.

Don't relent Brother. You will enjoy the fruit of your labour soon. Just think of the simplest but problem solving app you can create in a short time, because seeing your app being in use will be an extra motivation for you to create more better apps.

Success!
Re: 6 Things I Learnt From My Mobile App’s Journey To Its First 1000 Downloads by FraNKAPP(m): 10:23pm On Oct 18, 2017
Dmayor7:

Please, I have been working on my own bulk sms website but finds it hard sending to foreign numbers.

I thinks its the sms provider am using.

What can I do?

It depends on your SMS provider and the account you are operating with them. An Example of a provider that delivers to foreign countries is RouteMobile's EURO Account, not their Naira account.

Just make more enquiries. Success!

1 Like

Re: 6 Things I Learnt From My Mobile App’s Journey To Its First 1000 Downloads by FraNKAPP(m): 10:25pm On Oct 18, 2017
asalimpo:
Very motivating. May your business grow and expand 1000 fold. Thanks for sharing.
For those who had given up hope on learning programming your story will boost them.
For those who had suffered with distraction, your tip will help them. fb,whatsapp,
Quora addiction smiley i've experienced it too. Chei! This malaise is costing the world $Billions in lost productivity.
And there's more - we now have addictions on par with substance addiction (sugar, narcotics).

Thanks so much for this. I'm so glad you loved it.
Re: 6 Things I Learnt From My Mobile App’s Journey To Its First 1000 Downloads by Dmayor7(m): 10:28pm On Oct 18, 2017
FraNKAPP:

It depends on your SMS provider and the account you are operating with them. An Example of a provider that delivers to foreign countries is RouteMobile's EURO Account, not their Naira account.

FraNKAPP:

Sincerely, I was using them but their messages don't get delivered.

I asked them severally they said that system is down when I tried sending the messages.

Since there is no indication when the system is up or down, how do I know when to send an sms that will go through and get delivered.

I have been talking with them for days now, and have already grew tired.

1 Like

Re: 6 Things I Learnt From My Mobile App’s Journey To Its First 1000 Downloads by FraNKAPP(m): 10:35pm On Oct 18, 2017
Dmayor7:

Sincerely, I was using them but their messages don't get delivered.

I asked them severally they said that system is down when I tried sending the messages.

Since there is no indication when the system is up or down, how do I know when to send an sms that will go through and get delivered.

I have been talking with them for days now, and have already grew tired.

Just be patient with them. They will be back to their best soon. They had an 11 days disruption on their servers. They are actually really good at what they do.

You may also want to try infobip and several others.
Re: 6 Things I Learnt From My Mobile App’s Journey To Its First 1000 Downloads by Dmayor7(m): 10:38pm On Oct 18, 2017
FraNKAPP:

Just be patient with them. They will be back to their best soon. They had an 11 days disruption on their servers. They are actually really good at what they do.

You may also want to try infobip and several others.

Tell me more about this disruption because I asked them about it but they seems not to open up.

I need solid information so I will know what to tell my client, the person am actually doing the work for.

I have grown tired of calling him and telling him, "ok, text some messages now, the system is ok" only for him to tell me it didn't went through.

We have done this together for like 20 times and he is now very angry.

I myself is now clueless as to what really is the matter
Re: 6 Things I Learnt From My Mobile App’s Journey To Its First 1000 Downloads by LordeCalifornia: 10:45pm On Oct 18, 2017
Nice read!

But the $25 is really hindering me from opening a playstore account.
Re: 6 Things I Learnt From My Mobile App’s Journey To Its First 1000 Downloads by asalimpo(m): 12:12am On Oct 19, 2017
@frankapp
how did you test your software while developing? did you buy multipile android phones/devices just to test em?
Or what?

1 Like

Re: 6 Things I Learnt From My Mobile App’s Journey To Its First 1000 Downloads by Nobody: 5:32am On Oct 19, 2017
the procrastination is exactly my problem right now. Thanks for that

1 Like

Re: 6 Things I Learnt From My Mobile App’s Journey To Its First 1000 Downloads by FraNKAPP(m): 8:12am On Oct 19, 2017
asalimpo:
@frankapp
how did you test your software while developing? did you buy multipile android phones/devices just to test em?
Or what?

I was using one physical device, Tecno Camon CX with Android 7.0 (Nougat) to test while developing the app. I was also using GenyMotion emulator with AVD of API Level 14 (Android 4.0) to test simultaneously. This helped me to ensure that everything works well on different devices.

I also later used my brother's phone to test thoroughly before launching.

GenyMotion is highly recommended because it's much faster than the primary Android emulator.
Re: 6 Things I Learnt From My Mobile App’s Journey To Its First 1000 Downloads by Nobody: 1:06pm On Oct 19, 2017
He is a c# developer adelnehis
Re: 6 Things I Learnt From My Mobile App’s Journey To Its First 1000 Downloads by YaTar(f): 4:36pm On Oct 19, 2017
TREAT AS URGENT: TRAINERS NEEDED

Life Learners Training Center is a Training, Research and Development Company having to deliver in several business subsidiaries. Located in Wuse 2 Abuja, Nigeria.
Duly Certified Trainers are needed in Programming Languages: C++, C#, JAVA, Python, RUBY, Core PHP, .NET enironvironment
Requirements:

• Must be Abuja resident and Duly Certified.
NOTE:
Qualified Trainers should apply by e-mailing their CV , mentioning the position Title in the subject, to: oluwaloseayo@gmail.com. Its an Huge Opportunity…..

OR

Visit our office, Suite 009/011, The Kings Place, Opp. NAF Conf & Suites, Banex-Kado Road, Wuse, Abuja.

Treat as Urgent please
Re: 6 Things I Learnt From My Mobile App’s Journey To Its First 1000 Downloads by SilverG33k(m): 5:40pm On Oct 20, 2017
This is awesome.... I might even start using your bulk sms service.... Bravo!!

1 Like

Re: 6 Things I Learnt From My Mobile App’s Journey To Its First 1000 Downloads by Ikennablue(m): 11:58pm On Oct 20, 2017
FraNKAPP:

1000 downloads in the first 4 weeks is relatively very small but it’s motivating at my end, so I decided to share with everyone a few things I learnt in the process perhaps it could help someone. You may also want to share this if you loved it to also help someone somewhere.

Often times the most lucrative opportunities are the ones we know nothing about. Indeed, how time flies. A quick flashback to June 2016 when I launched my bulk SMS business, https://appwebSMS.com, I was so afraid that my business could be one of those that died on arrival because there were thousands of bulk SMS websites already in existence.

I later picked up courage when I observed that there were thousands of bulk SMS websites, but there were just about ten bulk SMS businesses. There is really a difference between having a bulk SMS website and having a bulk SMS business. Lots of them had crappy CTRL + C & CTRL + V bulk SMS websites, but I wanted to build a business around my own website. Today, I want to tell you that my case is very much different. It has been a success story.

Earlier this year, whenever I checked the stats of the pages of my bulk SMS website, https://appwebSMS.com, the mobile app download page used to have the highest views after the home page. This kept telling me one thing; my customers need a mobile app.
But how can I give my customers a mobile app since I didn’t have the perfect skills in Android Development (things like Material Design, Java & Kotlin)? This leads us to the lessons I learnt from my mobile app’s journey to its first 1000 downloads on Google Play.

(1.) Procrastination is very deadly – I was really a poor developer before today. I needed to up my skills in Android Development to enable me to launch the mobile app for my customers, so I enrolled in a few courses on Udemy and I also downloaded some quality materials on Material Design and Kotlin.

Now came a time when my village people staged a fight with me. It was more like a Temple Run. The first night, I opened my Udemy app to start learning with the courses I enrolled for, next thing someone sent me a message on WhatsApp and vooooooooooom I’m already on WhatsApp to check the message. I did not leave WhatsApp again till the next morning and then realized I had wasted a precious night. I really blamed myself, but it did not stop there. The second day, the same thing happened, but this time it was Facebook that stopped me from learning. My bad, this happened for a period of 12 good days.

The 13th day, I decided to give my village people a run for their ***** you know and I stood against all odds. Believe me; I uninstalled WhatsApp, Facebook, Facebook Messenger, Instagram, Medium, and Quora from my phone. Yes, I also deleted Quora because I was spending tens of hours reading questions and answers of people that have made it. I installed Stack Overflow instead. I still wonder how early-stage developers succeeded without StackOverflow.

At this point, I was good to go. I shunned social media completely for a period of 4 weeks and the results became very interesting. I was able to learn Material Design, Java and Kotlin to an extent that I could develop the bulk SMS mobile app. Did I forget to mention that I learnt by doing? Well, I want to tell someone today that the best way to learn is by creating real-world applications in the process. There will always be great guides on Stack Overflow to help you understand every concept. Please, run away from any programmer that detests Stack Overflow. Let me tell you that I developed my bulk SMS app, appwebSMS within 4 weeks even as I was learning (learn-by-doing).

Had I allowed social media to win the war, I would have still been there hopping on when to learn. My brothers and my sisters, the time is now. Procrastination is very deadly. Don’t allow it to keep you back in the dark ages. Stay awake today and smile tomorrow. No time. I mean, no dulling at all.

(2.) User Interface and Experience are the Princess and Queen (use the industry standard) – Love at first sight, that kind of thing you know. They said all that glitters is not gold, but believe me, you will first pick up that thing that glitters before you now go ahead to discover whether it’s gold or plywood.

This same principle applies to mobile apps. If you want to download an app from Google Play and you notice from the screenshots that the design looks so bad, you will never download it. I guess you will agree with me on that because you don’t want yet another poison on your phone.

I was able to sell my app really quickly to my target audience because of its simple yet beautiful user interface and experience.

When creating your own app, you really need to invest heavily on UI/UX. It gets and retains those customers for you. Use the industry standard tools like Android Studio so that you can easily implement Material Design to your app. Also, ensure that you optimize the size of your app to get as small as it can so as to increase download choices in emerging markets like Africa.

(3.) Promoting your app aggressively with a personal story is the king
– the need for this cannot be overemphasized.

I launched my app on a Sunday and I told a few lines of personal stories linked to my developing of the app. That was the best thing I could have done and it helped caught my friends attention to download and also rate my app 5 stars on Google Play. Everyone wants to see a reason to support you. Don’t always present yourself as a company.

A company most times do not have a human face, but you as the owner of the company have. Use your personal brand to launch on the first day, then go back to respond to queries as a company. Human beings are always afraid of companies I must tell you. Come closer to your people and they will come closer to you. I currently have 62 five star reviews and 1 jealousy somebody’s 1-star review.

This early downloads and positive reviews you get from your friends are what will push your app to the next level. Use platforms like Nairaland, Google+, Quora and others to promote your app, but please, don’t waste your time promoting a crappy app. Ensure you have played your own good part, else bad reviews will eventually fall on you – Yakataaaaaaa…!

(4.) You can’t be perfect at first launch
– “If you are not embarrassed by the first version of your product, you have launched too late” – Reid Hoffman, LinkedIn Founder.

You have heard it from Reid Hoffman. This is also one of the reasons Google Play has provisions for app updates. You can’t do it perfectly at first launch. Even WhatsApp, Facebook and other big players are still pushing out updates today. This is because it’s not yet perfect for their users.

When I was developing appwebSMS, I deactivated the search functionality so as to debug an error. As time goes on after my launching, one of my users complained that he needed the phone contacts search feature that was when I remembered I did not activate it back before launching. A user also complained about not being able to send messages to more than 100 contacts. I tested again and noticed that I had wrongly used GET request method instead of POST. This being that GET request method allows only 2085 chars long. I’m really a dumb ass programmer. Only a few users knew it then and the best thing I did was to fix the bug and push out the update. Life is so easy!

So, don’t wait to be too perfect before you launch. “Your ideas only gets clearer as you work on them” – Mark Zuckerberg. Launch today and seek user feedback. Remember, there is no time.

(5.) You will get 1000%+ new paying customers in few weeks
– This is where it gets most interesting. Of course, everyone wants that ease. Nobody wants to dull at all. Everyone wants to just tap an icon on their mobile phone and do it vaaaaaaaam. Why then deprive them of their want? Launch an app today and see how your business will gain thousands of new paying customers. I’m a living witness.

Before I launched my app, I had about 170 paying customers in 1 year. But immediately I launched my app, my paying customers increased to 700 in just 4 weeks. Before, I used to wake up to lots of unsolicited MTN messages, but these days I always wake up to at least 4 credit alerts and another 5 credit alerts while in the office. This is just for customers that paid online; now add those that make a bank deposit and mobile transfers. It has really been a great journey. If I start BOLE (roasted plantain) business today, I must launch an app for online ordering the next day.

(6.) Customers are truly always right; be patient with them – during the cause of my exponential increase in customer base, I had received lots of calls from different backgrounds of individuals. I learnt that as a business owner, you must be patient with every single customer and offer them great support. One fateful morning, a customer called me on phone and this is our conversation over the phone:

Customer: Hello from the other side, my name is ******
Me: Well Done Sir (in Falz voice)
Customer: Please, am I speaking with appwebSMS support?
Me:* I now remembered that I forgot to do the normal thing because we were acting Falz over the phone.
Me: Good day and welcome to appwebSMS! How may I help you today?
Customer: I saw your app on Google Play. Please, how can I download it?
Me: *I was like Heeeeeeeeeeeeyyyy. How will you download it? I wanted to get angry in the first place but I had my chill. I started lectures with this man o. I mean, complete “Google Play Installation Processes 101” Finally we downloaded the app together over the phone call. Next…
Customer: How do I create an account?
Me: *What have I done to deserve this now? In my mind though. But we passed this stage.
Customer: How do I activate my account? How do I log in? How do I save phone numbers to phonebook?
Me: *My people, the questions were many, I nearly cried because I was answering the call. This is how we were on lectures o until he asked – How do I make payment? Then the normal me came back. Let me tell you that this particular customer purchased an SMS unit worth NGN40,000 at the end of the day.

Since then, I always treat all the customers like newborn babies over the phone. They are truly always right. We just need to be patient with most of them.

These are a few things I learnt in this short period of time and I thought it could be beneficial to some people, hence my sharing with you. If you found this piece interesting, do help someone out there by sharing these experiences with them as well.

You can check out the app on Google Play at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.frankappweb.appwebsms
sir, please am already on my journey to learning Java language. Please can I get your contact to ask a few questions

1 Like

Re: 6 Things I Learnt From My Mobile App’s Journey To Its First 1000 Downloads by SUGARSON(m): 2:52pm On Oct 21, 2017
Your Story Just Inspired Me. Nice One

1 Like

Re: 6 Things I Learnt From My Mobile App’s Journey To Its First 1000 Downloads by Syphonn(m): 4:42pm On Oct 21, 2017
How to sync your PC with Google Drive

One of the most popular cloud services is Google Drive. Google provides a user with a free 15GB of the cloud as soon as a user creates an email account. In case it is paid business account, a user will get 30GB of storage by default. A user can always expand this storage if he or she wants to, by purchasing more space.

READ MORE AT:
http://www.busygisting.com/how-to-sync-your-pc-with-google-drive/
Re: 6 Things I Learnt From My Mobile App’s Journey To Its First 1000 Downloads by FraNKAPP(m): 7:42pm On Oct 21, 2017
Ikennablue:
sir, please am already on my journey to learning Java language. Please can I get your contact to ask a few questions

You are welcome brother!

Frank.Umeadi@FraNKAPPWeb.com

+2348066017971
Re: 6 Things I Learnt From My Mobile App’s Journey To Its First 1000 Downloads by FraNKAPP(m): 7:44pm On Oct 21, 2017
SilverG33k:
This is awesome.... I might even start using your bulk sms service....
Bravo!!

Thank you so much sir. I'm glad you love it.
Re: 6 Things I Learnt From My Mobile App’s Journey To Its First 1000 Downloads by Weirdman: 9:19pm On Oct 21, 2017
God I have really been motivated by this

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Everybody Is A Javascript Developer On Nigerian Tech Twitter / Collection Of Nigerian Programming Gurus / Am Finally Done With My Nairaland Android(unofficial) App.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.