Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,394 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:24 AM

Kenya Election: Roselyn Akombe Resigns & Flees To US - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Election: Roselyn Akombe Resigns & Flees To US (24147 Views)

Sri Lanka: President Rajapaska Flees As Protesters Invade Residence / Anatoly Chubais Resigns And Flees Russia / Kenya Election 2017: Supreme Court Annuls Kenyatta Re-election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Election: Roselyn Akombe Resigns & Flees To US by Awoofawo(m): 2:03pm On Oct 18, 2017
Xisnin:
Coward
Goan take her place Echo Bravo Man who want die for nothing...... undecided
Re: Kenya Election: Roselyn Akombe Resigns & Flees To US by asksteve(m): 2:04pm On Oct 18, 2017
What will now happen to d average Kenyans who can't afford to leave Kenya?
They'll be used as sacrificial lamb n others as thugs.
D same ppl they robbed to enrich themselves will again b slaughtered on d altar of political violence.
African leaders n greed for power.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Election: Roselyn Akombe Resigns & Flees To US by KanwuliaExtra: 2:04pm On Oct 18, 2017
Watch out for part 2.
Nigeria 2019!!!!

25 BILLION still missing. wink
Re: Kenya Election: Roselyn Akombe Resigns & Flees To US by Greenback: 2:07pm On Oct 18, 2017
Wise woman..disappear b4 H20 enter gerrum oxide.. grin

like Alimi ''A'' disappeared when small fulani boys scared the chitt out of his ilorynn arsse grin grin
Re: Kenya Election: Roselyn Akombe Resigns & Flees To US by Dutchey(m): 2:13pm On Oct 18, 2017
when there is life, there is hope...that's sense
Re: Kenya Election: Roselyn Akombe Resigns & Flees To US by segebase(m): 2:20pm On Oct 18, 2017
C
Re: Kenya Election: Roselyn Akombe Resigns & Flees To US by Jagabanmonerry(m): 2:25pm On Oct 18, 2017
Chai... hungry fellow! see their faces like Otuocha
Re: Kenya Election: Roselyn Akombe Resigns & Flees To US by tareez: 2:32pm On Oct 18, 2017
who knows weda she was part of the electoral fraud and fled when dia is no place to hide any longer
Re: Kenya Election: Roselyn Akombe Resigns & Flees To US by tareez: 2:34pm On Oct 18, 2017
tareez:
who knows weda she was part of the electoral fraud and fled when dia is no place to hide any longer
Re: Kenya Election: Roselyn Akombe Resigns & Flees To US by Nobody: 2:41pm On Oct 18, 2017
Good for her
Re: Kenya Election: Roselyn Akombe Resigns & Flees To US by stilldoingokay(f): 2:41pm On Oct 18, 2017
megaexpo:
That catapult picture in the middle will be a good meme grin grin grin

no be small thing ooh the thing even get me wondering self
Re: Kenya Election: Roselyn Akombe Resigns & Flees To US by DTaj: 2:42pm On Oct 18, 2017
donmelinga:
Kenyan police looks responsible pass Naija own ooooo

By simply seeing one picture of Kenyan policemen standing together, you concluded that they look responsible than Nigerian policemen? Clap for yourself; your parents wasted money ever sponsoring your 'wasted education'. Pathetic clown!
Re: Kenya Election: Roselyn Akombe Resigns & Flees To US by free2ryhme: 2:45pm On Oct 18, 2017
morereb10:
Kenya election is heating up day after day and the violence ravaging the nation is unprecedented. Reports today (BBC News) suggest that a senior member of Kenya's electoral commission (IEBC) has resigned, saying the country is unable to hold credible elections next week.

Roselyn Akombe said the IEBC was under political "siege", unable to reach consensus or take any decisions. Now in the US, she told the BBC she had feared for her safety while in Kenya after receiving numerous threats.

Last week, opposition leader Raila Odinga pulled out of the 26 October presidential re-run. The Supreme Court annulled the result of the original 8th August, 2017 poll, which saw current President Uhuru Kenyatta declared winner, after finding irregularities and illegalities.

In an interview from New York, Ms Akombe said:

"The election commission's IT head, Chris Msando, was "brutally murdered" before the August poll, and "you'll be suicidal to think that nothing will happen to you". "I have never felt the kind of fear that I felt in my own country," Ms Akombe told the BBC.

"I have tried the best I could do given the circumstances. Sometimes, you walk away, especially when potentially lives are at stake. The commission has become a party to the current crisis. The commission is under siege. "The commission in its current state can surely not guarantee a credible election on 26 October 2017."

more @ http://www.exlinklodge.com/2017/10/kenya-election-kenya-top-election.html

She was interviewed on Aljazeera news this morning

Now she is in the US
Re: Kenya Election: Roselyn Akombe Resigns & Flees To US by stilldoingokay(f): 3:05pm On Oct 18, 2017
DTaj:

By simply seeing one picture of Kenyan policemen standing together, you concluded that they look responsible than Nigerian policemen? Clap for yourself; your parents wasted money ever sponsoring your 'wasted education'. Pathetic clown!

seriously this is too harsh walahi,
Re: Kenya Election: Roselyn Akombe Resigns & Flees To US by hola106(m): 3:05pm On Oct 18, 2017
long tin
Re: Kenya Election: Roselyn Akombe Resigns & Flees To US by sshalom(m): 4:13pm On Oct 18, 2017
What are we even getting right in Africa?
Re: Kenya Election: Roselyn Akombe Resigns & Flees To US by Ahmedhussain3463: 4:17pm On Oct 18, 2017
kollinz1234:
Everyday, we the entire civilians of Nigeria are suppose to be thanking God for what Johnathan did for us after that 2015 election.

But wait! What kind of catapult is that at the second pix cry

New meme loading...
thank jonathan for what?he lost electiona nd concede defeat.did he have any option viable than conceding?dis is nigeria where a kaki dictator like abacha was shown the way out when he was no longer bearable even ibb step aside not more of clueless jonathan that can not defined the presidential powers his holding.didin't you heard that northern youth pelt his convoy with stone?wht comes out of it.abeg leave jonathan to enjoy his loot he is a wise man who choses the most best option which his conceding after been trounce in the election.dnt forget their is international alliance of apc and foreign power against his government.next time praise jonathan for been rational for conceding becos wen u fail in polls u relinguish power to who won.jonathan fear laurent gbagbo of ivory coast treatment.
Re: Kenya Election: Roselyn Akombe Resigns & Flees To US by Ahmedhussain3463: 4:21pm On Oct 18, 2017
Chemike16:
Later some people would say GEJ didnt do well for dis our country #atleast he admitted defeat �
apart from conceding defeat,does jonathan has any other viable option?from ur comment i ws able to deduce u have not been following kenya politics and there is no correlation between what is happening in kenya and jonathan matter that u spring up.
Re: Kenya Election: Roselyn Akombe Resigns & Flees To US by Ahmedhussain3463: 4:32pm On Oct 18, 2017
mu2sa2:
Politicians everywhere in Africa are the same with rigging elections. Uhuru Kenyatta will never allow the election commission to decare anyone but himself the winner. In neighbouring Rwanda Paul kigame declared himself winner in a sham.Kigame is so ruthless he kills opposition figures, even those who have fled are pursued outside the country. ln nigeria anything goes during elections - ballot box snatching, burnings, shooting, killings etc. This is what is called democracy!
i despise that beast call uhuru kenyatta wit great passion.is a political adventurist that wnt to remain in power at all cost after organising a sham election for kenyans.he knew in a free and fair election raila odinga will trounce him out of office bt he is realy counting on rigging and subverting majority decision.shame on EU and AU election observers that certify the august 8 election as free and fair,bt also praise goes to david maraga kenya chief justice who in his voice and wisdom said nd i quote,THE GREATENESS OF OUR COUNTRY LIES IN IT FIDELITY TO IT CONSTITUTION AND STRICT ADHERENCE TO RULE OF LAW AND ABOVE ALL THE FERA OF GOD bfor annulling the election.
Re: Kenya Election: Roselyn Akombe Resigns & Flees To US by Nobody: 4:47pm On Oct 18, 2017
Ahmedhussain3463:
i despise that beast call uhuru kenyatta wit great passion.is a political adventurist that wnt to remain in power at all cost after organising a sham election for kenyans.he knew in a free and fair election raila odinga will trounce him out of office bt he is realy counting on rigging and subverting majority decision.shame on EU and AU election observers that certify the august 8 election as free and fair,bt also praise goes to david maraga kenya chief justice who in his voice and wisdom said nd i quote,THE GREATENESS OF OUR COUNTRY LIES IN IT FIDELITY TO IT CONSTITUTION AND STRICT ADHERENCE TO RULE OF LAW AND ABOVE ALL THE FERA OF GOD bfor annulling the election.

What are you saying sef, kenyatta is the greatest democrat in africa and please take it from me. Raila odinga is a looser and he should stick with being a looser, i wonder how a country like kenya would allow somebody like raila odinga to hold them ransom.

The election in Kenya was won fair and square by uhuru but the Supreme Court overturn it and call for fresh elections, a good leader honored the decision by the Supreme Court, how many Supreme Court judgment has a sitting leader honored in Africa. Not even jacob zuma of south Africa would honor such. I swear i do not know why people cannot read, before the comment.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Election: Roselyn Akombe Resigns & Flees To US by Ahmedhussain3463: 4:48pm On Oct 18, 2017
Kobicove:
Why is it so difficult for we Africans to do anything right?!
becos we are too obsess about power forgetting that is temporal.uhuru is the problem and he is the incumbent president that is hell bent on holding on to power at all cost.i think what trigger this political primonition is in the inability of the president to reorganise the electoral umpire,the opposition figur argues that, a ref that officiate a match that was cancel by fifa or caf on the ground of interest that he or she who supervise the game can not be assign to supervised the subsequent match coming up between this same football club.so it was on dis ground that he threatened to boycott the election or the election official are changed because the public no longer has confidence in them as it now obvious they are their to do the biddings of the government in power.but after much pressure has been expend no reform in sight,raila odinga took to the media and formally announces his decision not to partake in the election a decision that does not goes well wit his traditional stronghold supporters that has now trigger political and social upheaval.i pray for divine intervention to nip this situation becos kenya has histroy of political violence tht claims lives in thousands.
Re: Kenya Election: Roselyn Akombe Resigns & Flees To US by davillian(m): 4:59pm On Oct 18, 2017
kollinz1234:
Everyday, we the entire civilians of Nigeria are suppose to be thanking God for what Johnathan did for us after that 2015 election.

But wait! What kind of catapult is that at the second pix cry

New meme loading...
The catapult na for their police hehehehe
Re: Kenya Election: Roselyn Akombe Resigns & Flees To US by Ahmedhussain3463: 5:02pm On Oct 18, 2017
jayon:

What are you saying sef, kenyatta is the greatest democrat in africa and please take it from me. Raila odinga is a looser and he should stick with being a looser, i wonder how a country like kenya would allow somebody like raila odinga to hold them ransom.

The election in Kenya was won fair and square by uhuru but the Supreme Court overturn it and call for fresh elections, a good leader honored the decision by the Supreme Court, how many Supreme Court judgment has a sitting leader honored in Africa. Not even jacob zuma of south Africa would honor such. I swear i do not know why people cannot read, before the comment.
lol,hahahah u funny bro .if the election was actually indeed free and fair why did david maraga annulled the election?secondly if he his not scared of been trounce at the polls why wouldnt he accede to the demand of opposition to reorganise the national electoral umpire becos a vote of no confidence has been pass on them by a substantial voting population of the country men and women?3rdly why the roselyn akombe flee to US proclaiming free and fair election can not be hold in kenya?pls why did uhuru and his goons killed christipher msando fews days to the august 8 presidential polls?dnt forget he promise not to compromise following presure from people close to power.pls u are nt in the position to tell me i dnt read ,am a pro raila and have been following him since 2007.
Re: Kenya Election: Roselyn Akombe Resigns & Flees To US by pawesome(m): 5:28pm On Oct 18, 2017
mummyjayson:
u cnt b ftc with this bro,,,,
hihihihi
Re: Kenya Election: Roselyn Akombe Resigns & Flees To US by Johnayoola(m): 5:32pm On Oct 18, 2017
megaexpo:
That catapult picture in the middle will be a good meme grin grin grin
lol so true
Re: Kenya Election: Roselyn Akombe Resigns & Flees To US by Nobody: 5:41pm On Oct 18, 2017
jayon:

The supreme court ruling in this country seems to have made Raila fans blind. They are speaking so much trash as if reality will rot away. Raila was beaten and should the election be repeated will be beaten by an even bigger margin. Uhuru just has the numbers and that is the painful pill that Raila supporters will have to swallow. Most Kenyans cannot stand his violent tendencies.
Re: Kenya Election: Roselyn Akombe Resigns & Flees To US by mechanics(m): 5:48pm On Oct 18, 2017
Same story with African politics.
Re: Kenya Election: Roselyn Akombe Resigns & Flees To US by Nobody: 7:13pm On Oct 18, 2017
Ahmedhussain3463:
lol,hahahah u funny bro .if the election was actually indeed free and fair why did david maraga annulled the election?secondly if he his not scared of been trounce at the polls why wouldnt he accede to the demand of opposition to reorganise the national electoral umpire becos a vote of no confidence has been pass on them by a substantial voting population of the country men and women?3rdly why the roselyn akombe flee to US proclaiming free and fair election can not be hold in kenya?pls why did uhuru and his goons killed christipher msando fews days to the august 8 presidential polls?dnt forget he promise not to compromise following presure from people close to power.pls u are nt in the position to tell me i dnt read ,am a pro raila and have been following him since 2007.

First of all the election was annulled by maraga a corrupt and biased fellow, am sure you know the NASA guys were against him before the ruling and suddenly he is their savior, Maraga is also a known friend of raila odinga and everyone knows this, don't forget raila is a former prime minister and the son of the first vice president of Kenya.

Am not pro Uhuru or Anti Raila , but note that this guy has just used less than 5 years in power and under uhuru, kenya has seen soaring economic growth and tourism boost. Who knows kenya in 2011 Am not saying there is no corruption in kenya but atleast this guy is better than the virus called raila odinga.

I can assume kenyans are wiser than Nigerians; No body wants a repeat of the current clueless government we have in power

TayserMahiri:

The supreme court ruling in this country seems to have made Raila fans blind. They are speaking so much trash as if reality will rot away. Raila was beaten and should the election be repeated will be beaten by an even bigger margin. Uhuru just has the numbers and that is the painful pill that Raila supporters will have to swallow. Most Kenyans cannot stand his violent tendencies.

True

NB: Am a nigerian and not kenyan

Re: Kenya Election: Roselyn Akombe Resigns & Flees To US by positivetaught: 7:41pm On Oct 18, 2017
Now some dump heads would appreciates the greater good Johnathan did for this country by letting go even with evidence of fraud against him n the opportunity to fight back which makes him a rare hero despite whatever short comings he might have had,something "saint" buhari will never do even at the point of death.
Re: Kenya Election: Roselyn Akombe Resigns & Flees To US by mikolo80: 7:46pm On Oct 18, 2017
mu2sa2:
Politicians everywhere in Africa are the same with rigging elections. Uhuru Kenyatta will never allow the election commission to decare anyone but himself the winner. In neighbouring Rwanda Paul kigame declared himself winner in a sham.Kigame is so ruthless he kills opposition figures, even those who have fled are pursued outside the country. ln nigeria anything goes during elections - ballot box snatching, burnings, shooting, killings etc. This is what is called democracy!
yes o. One MAN one vote. Not one coward one vote
Re: Kenya Election: Roselyn Akombe Resigns & Flees To US by Nobody: 8:03pm On Oct 18, 2017
jayon:

First of all the election was annulled by maraga a corrupt and biased fellow, am sure you know the NASA guys were against him before the ruling and suddenly he is their savior, Maraga is also a known friend of raila odinga and everyone knows this, don't forget raila is a former prime minister and the son of the first vice president of Kenya.

Am not pro Uhuru or Anti Raila , but note that this guy has just used less than 5 years in power and under uhuru, kenya has seen soaring economic growth and tourism boost. Who knows kenya in 2011 Am not saying there is no corruption in kenya but atleast this guy is better than the virus called raila odinga.

I can assume kenyans are wiser than Nigerians; No body wants a repeat of the current clueless government we have in power

True

NB: Am a nigerian and not kenyan

Do you stay in Kenya ? WHat is your take?

Never mind about the political impasse it happens every 5 years. Odinga will run up and down, make all the demands, maybe get them, possibly plunge the country into chaos, do whatever he pleases but at the end of the day he will be defeated. Thats just it! He cannot force people to elect him. Raila's biggest weapon is the threat of violence. He simply does what he wants because he threatens everybody that there will be violence and people sort of let him do what he wants. I hope he gets all the electoral reforms he wants. ALL OF THEM, so that when he is beaten again he will accept once and for all. For me it has reached a point where I hope he retires completely from politics.
Re: Kenya Election: Roselyn Akombe Resigns & Flees To US by Nobody: 8:43pm On Oct 18, 2017
Ahmedhussain3463:

If you think you know Raila by following him since 2007 then you should consider yourself a toddler. Verse yourself with his personality starting from his 1982 attempted coup that would have made this country another Somalia.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Iranian Jets Fire On US Drone / President Bukele Of El Salvador Has Deployed 4000 Soldiers To Three Communities / Greece Wildfires - About 80 Dead And Many More Still Missing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.