Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,100 members, 7,807,302 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:04 PM

Why Do I Keep Sinning? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do I Keep Sinning? (494 Views)

Does Being Born Again Mean I Am Free From Sin And Immunized Against Sinning? / Man Carries Cross In V.I, Lagos To Apologise To Jesus For Sinning Against Him / As A Believer, How Can I Stop Sinning Repeatedly? - Olamide Obire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do I Keep Sinning? by joshme(m): 1:48pm On Oct 18, 2017
By Brian Goslee

Many of us struggle from time to time to do the right thing. Read this encouraging article about discovering and doing what...

http:///articles/why-do-i-keep-sinning/

Re: Why Do I Keep Sinning? by Kobojunkie: 6:32pm On Feb 21
joshme:
Many of us struggle from time to time to do the right thing. Read this encouraging article about discovering and doing what...
The answer is simple. You continue to sin because you lack the basic discipline to stop yourself from sinning. It does not take magic to stop oneself from one that which one is commanded not to. It takes a simple decision on the part of one to decide whether to obey that simple command or not, and this decision is meant to be made moment after moment. Sin is meant to be resolved through simple steps towards self-discipline. When one refuses to take these continuous steps in the right direction, one is bound to not develop the disciple necessary to combat sin and hence struggle to overcome sin. undecided
Re: Why Do I Keep Sinning? by Zaheertyler(m): 11:47pm On Feb 21
Kobojunkie:
The answer is simple. You continue to sin because you lack the basic discipline to stop yourself from sinning. It does not take magic to stop oneself from one that which one is commanded not to. It takes a simple decision on the part of one to decide whether to obey that simple command or not, and this decision is meant to be made moment after moment. Sin is meant to be resolved through simple steps towards self-discipline. When one refuses to take these continuous steps in the right direction, one is bound to not develop the disciple necessary to combat sin and hence struggle to overcome sin. undecided
You sin because you lack understanding
A new baby learning how to walk will always fall
But with time he learns how to walk
Understand that you're not perfect and you will always make mistakes
But in all be patient and kind to yourself
Self love and awareness is key
Discipline is one way but it's old school
Be free but practice self love
Don't be harsh on yourself
With time the sin go run
Re: Why Do I Keep Sinning? by Kobojunkie: 11:53pm On Feb 21
Zaheertyler:
You sin because you lack understanding. A new baby learning how to walk will always fall
But with time he learns how to walk Understand that you're not perfect and you will always make mistakes But in all be patient and kind to yourself Self love and awareness is key Discipline is one way but it's old school Be free but practice self love Don't be harsh on yourself . With time the sin go run
This analogy of yours fail woefully since Sin is merely a direct violation of God's direct commandment as stated in His Law/Covenant. undecided

A child does not require additional understanding to simply implement the command, "Thou shall not steal." The child simply needs to discipline himself to obey the command. Nothing more! undecided
Re: Why Do I Keep Sinning? by blazingyou: 12:16am On Feb 22
You sin because you're still of the flesh and you operate and behave in flesh rather than being in the spirit...

When you're of the spirit, sin is dead to your flesh . . .

To be of the spirit and to run away from sinful things, you have to have the fruit of the spirit ( Galatians 5: 22)

Cheers cool
Re: Why Do I Keep Sinning? by Kobojunkie: 12:43am On Feb 22
blazingyou:
You sin because you're still of the flesh and you operate and behave in flesh rather than being in the spirit... When you're of the spirit, sin is dead to your flesh . . . To be of the spirit and to run away from sinful things, you have to have the fruit of the spirit ( Galatians 5: 22) Cheers cool
Here's a simply question to remove all ambiguity from these statements of yours. What does it mean to be in the spirit? How does one go about walking in the spirit? undecided

It is one thing to quote blindly what Paul wrote and another to have a clear implementable understanding of what he said. grin
Re: Why Do I Keep Sinning? by Zaheertyler(m): 10:09am On Feb 22
Kobojunkie:
This analogy of yours fail woefully since Sin is merely a direct violation of God's direct commandment as stated in His Law/Covenant. undecided

A child does not require additional understanding to simply implement the command, "Thou shall not steal." The child simply needs to discipline himself to obey the command. Nothing more! undecided
Old school people
You were not born a thief
It's a pattern you picked up
You have to understand that low vibrational patterns is something that each of us pick as we are born into the sinless world
You were not born a liar it's a pattern you picked up from maybe your parents or some people in your environment..
Discipline is good
But discipline with love is the best kind
First you understand that it's not you
Then you drop it
Don't force yourself to stop
But try to be aware of those patterns
Because they will come up again
You understand this too
And you might make mistakes too
You understand this too and don't beat yourself about it
That's where self love comes
Be patient and kind to yourself
And the willpower to want to change..
Re: Why Do I Keep Sinning? by Kobojunkie: 2:49pm On Feb 22
Zaheertyler:
Old school people You were not born a thief It's a pattern you picked up You have to understand that low vibrational patterns is something that each of us pick as we are born into the sinless world
You were not born a liar it's a pattern you picked up from maybe your parents or some people in your environment.. Discipline is good But discipline with love is the best kind First you understand that it's not you Then you drop it Don't force yourself to stop But try to be aware of those patterns Because they will come up again You understand this too And you might make mistakes too You understand this too and don't beat yourself about it That's where self love comes Be patient and kind to yourselfAnd the willpower to want to change.
[i][/i].
Something tells me you love to hear your own self talk. So I will leave you to it. undecided
Re: Why Do I Keep Sinning? by Zaheertyler(m): 4:07pm On Feb 22
Kobojunkie:
Something tells me you love to hear your own self talk. So I will leave you to it. undecided
the ocean is deeper than just the surface
Re: Why Do I Keep Sinning? by Zaheertyler(m): 4:10pm On Feb 22
Kobojunkie:
You can be disciplined with love or with the rod
You don't study humans you just talk
Re: Why Do I Keep Sinning? by blazingyou: 10:29pm On Feb 22
[quote author=Kobojunkie post=128581492] Here's a simply question to remove all ambiguity from these statements of yours. What does it mean to be in the spirit? How does one go about walking in the spirit? undecided

First question: To be sensitive towards the commandments of God by keeping it and also be a doer of His words. . . Having a close relationship with God. . . Being intimate with His words.

Second question: Having the characters of God. This characters like, Love, kindness , long suffering, patience are what will enable you walk in spirit . Because, you will be self conscious.

You won't just do things because you feel like, your spirit will lead you and direct your step. Your mind will be open to big realm because your heart is PURE . . .

Like a child whose heart is pure are like God because they have the characters of God. A child is quick to forgive, quick to love . They are pure and they walk in spirit with God.

They don't know things but they are sensitive

Cheers
Re: Why Do I Keep Sinning? by Kobojunkiee: 11:02pm On Feb 22
blazingyou:
First question: To be sensitive towards the commandments of God by keeping it and also be a doer of His words. . . Having a close relationship with God. . . Being intimate with His words.
Second question: Having the characters of God. This characters like, Love, kindness , long suffering, patience are what will enable you walk in spirit . Because, you will be self conscious.
■ You won't just do things because you feel like, your spirit will lead you and direct your step. Your mind will be open to big realm because your heart is PURE . . . Like a child whose heart is pure are like God because they have the characters of God. A child is quick to forgive, quick to love . They are pure and they walk in spirit with God. They don't know things but they are sensitive. Cheers
How does one go about having a close relationship with God? Please try to be more specific cause I am not sure where you are speaking from. undecided
Do you currently have these characters of God you speak of or are you simply regurgitating the same stuff you have read somewhere from someone's opinion on it?

I used to know someone who equally claimed to have a relationship with God and believed himself to have the characteristics of God. He was very religious. But this same person was vile and wicked to the bone, particularly to those he saw he could take advantage so when folks tell me tales of having the character of God even as human beings, I doubt their every word because, after all, God never said we are to become like Him. Rather, He said we are to become like Jesus Christ and there was no love lost between Jesus Christ and the Pharisees for sure. undecided

A child whose heart is pure? A child who is quick to forget? I have never met such a child so I wouldn't know what you mean at all. Plus the kind of Purity/Holiness God demands does not come close to anything any child has. Children are not born holy nor do they become holy during their childhood so why do you compare God's Holiness which He demands from His followers to your ideas regarding that which children are capable of? undecided
Re: Why Do I Keep Sinning? by blazingyou: 11:30pm On Feb 22
[quote author=Kobojunkiee post=128598010] How does one go about having a close relationship with God? Please try to be more specific cause I am not sure where you are speaking from. undecided
Do you currently have these characters of God you speak of or are you simply regurgitating the same stuff you have read somewhere from someone's opinion on it?

I used to know someone who equally claimed to have a relationship with God and believed himself to have the characteristics of God. He was very religious. But this same person was vile and wicked to the bone, particularly to those he saw he could take advantage so when folks tell me tales of having the character of God even as human beings, I doubt their every word because, after all, God never said we are to become like Him. Rather, He said we are to become like Jesus Christ and there was no love lost between Jesus Christ and the Pharisees for sure. undecided

A child whose heart is pure? A child who is quick to forget? I have never met such a child so I wouldn't know what you mean at all. Plus the kind of Purity/Holiness God demands does not come close to anything any child has. Children are not born holy nor do they become holy during their childhood so why do you compare God's Holiness which He demands from His followers to your ideas regarding that which children are capable of? undecided[/quote

Firstly, claiming self righteousness is very bad for a true christian. I'm a work in progress in the Lord, through christ who straighten me. Amen grin

just because you know of SOMEONE who is an opposite of what he says and do, doesn't mean everyone is like that.. Never let your experience from someone make you not to see the good in others. Pls

Yes, truly the main reason for Jesus coming was for us to receive the gift of the spirit and also the fruit of the spirit... And through this we become Christ like.

What I meant was that; children are holy and pure and also sinless. So, we as adult should be like children. . .
Re: Why Do I Keep Sinning? by Kobojunkiee: 11:57pm On Feb 22
blazingyou:
■Firstly, claiming self righteousness is very bad for a true christian. I'm a work in progress in the Lord, through christ who straighten me. Amen grin just because you know of SOMEONE who is an opposite of what he says and do, doesn't mean everyone is like that.. Never let your experience from someone make you not to see the good in others. Pls Yes, truly the main reason for Jesus coming was for us to receive the gift of the spirit and also the fruit of the spirit... And through this we become Christ like.
■What I meant was that; children are holy and pure and also sinless. So, we as adult should be like children. . .
Sadly, he too claimed, even after over 10 years of Christianity, to be a work in progress. That happens to be the #1 excuse most used by Christians the world over. The eternal light of Jesus Christ is never seen in any of them because they all claim to be a work in progress. So, how exactly am I not to be afraid of people who do evil and are quick and ready to claim they are works in progress when confronted by the truth? undecided

2. Children are not holy/pure and neither are children sinless. A two-year-old already knows how to tell lies. So I am not certain where you are coming from at all. undecided
Re: Why Do I Keep Sinning? by blazingyou: 12:26am On Feb 23
Kobojunkiee:
Sadly, he too claimed, even after over 10 years of Christianity, to be a work in progress. That happens to be the #1 excuse most used by Christians the world over. The eternal light of Jesus Christ is never seen in any of them because they all claim to be a work in progress. So, how exactly am I not to be afraid of people who do evil and are quick and ready to claim they are works in progress when confronted by the truth? undecided

2. Children are not holy/pure and neither are children sinless. A two-year-old already knows how to tell lies. So I am not certain where you are coming from at all. undecided

What I meant by " work in progress" mean spiritual growth to me, okay!
Spiritual growth is a continuous process in a christian life, thank you sir!

Light of God never shine in their lifestyle because they're hearers and preachers of the words but never are they doers of the word.

You have every reason to be curious and doubtful but never should you be judgmental about every christian... There are good ones and also bad ones.
Keep your head up cool . . . I said this once be self conscious

2. Smiles children are the God friend... And I use children as an example to this question but it seems like you don't like because you don't know that children are God friend. . .
Please, be around children from good christian homes
Re: Why Do I Keep Sinning? by Kobojunkiee: 12:42am On Feb 23
blazingyou:
■ What I meant by " work in progress" mean spiritual growth to me, okay! Spiritual growth is a continuous process in a christian life, thank you sir!
■ Light of God never shine in their lifestyle because they're hearers and preachers of the words but never are they doers of the word.
You have every reason to be curious and doubtful but never should you be judgmental about every christian... There are good ones and also bad ones. Keep your head up cool . . . I said this once be self conscious
■ Smiles children are the God friend... And I use children as an example to this question but it seems like you don't like because you don't know that children are God friend. . . Please, be around children from good christian homes
1. Well, this spiritual growth you speak of never seems to yield any of that that looks like Jesus Christ. Even your pastors and mogs are afflicted by this very problem — absolutely none of the resemble that which Jesus Christ taught of said. So, if this past acquaintance even after over a decade of being a work in progress appears no different from the ordinary unbeliever in his desires and deeds, then how can anyone believe this "work in progress" status is just not a mere mental illness? undecided

2. I have never met even a single Christian in all of my life who exudes the light of God that is Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ said the light cannot be hidden yet I have never seen it at all, not from any corner of this earth. Yet there are over a billion people who claim to be Christians on the planet, that is about 1/4 the population of the world. Doesn't that tell you something is wrong somewhere with the orientation of the belief system itself? undecided

3. Jesus Christ, the one the Christians claim they follow, said to judge everything rightly. I have to judge them to know if any of them truly belong to Jesus Christ as they claim, and so far, I have yet to meet a single Christian who bears the light of Jesus Christ. I have met people who have been Christians for many decades — 30, even 40 years counting— yet not a single one exudes the light of Jesus Christ as Jesus Christ said all those who belong to Him should. That is enough of a reason to be wary of the claims made by Christians. undecided

4. Jesus Christ never said children are holy or sinless. So I don't know where your claim that they are come from since it is not of Scripture. Also, children are a friend of Jesus Christ? Jesus Christ instead said those who are His friends are those who do as He commands - John 15 vs 9 - 14. So, it seems you are reading from a script that is not Jesus Christ either. undecided

(1) (Reply)

Did Jesus Ever Collect Tithes? / 11 Ways Nigerian Pastors Contribute To Naira Devaluation / Tithing Is Trusting By Pastor E.A Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.