Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,352 members, 7,808,230 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:09 AM

“the Fool Has Said In His Heart There Is No God” – Interpreting Psalm 14:1 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / “the Fool Has Said In His Heart There Is No God” – Interpreting Psalm 14:1 (426 Views)

The Fool Says In His Heart, There Is No God. ATHEIST / Please Tell Us,how You Got The Thought "There Is No God Almighty / There Is NO GOD! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

“the Fool Has Said In His Heart There Is No God” – Interpreting Psalm 14:1 by FaithfulServant(m): 4:31pm On Oct 18, 2017
Just as it is written in Psalm 14:1 KJV: “The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.”

This was repeated almost verbatim in Psalm 53:1 and it has been misinterpreted by many that the “fool” in the verse is referring to unbelievers. Anyone who says he doesn’t believe in God or the Christian faith is wrongly tagged a fool, but the word “fool” in the context is referring to the wicked and impious who because of their continuous disbelief and conclusion in the non existence of God do corrupt and abominable works (Psalm 14:1). Some may have even concluded that the fool is referring to an unintelligent person but that is not the case.

The unbelievers are people who are yet to find faith in God. They are in serious need of the faith and are searching meticulously for a good reason and evidence to believe in the existence of God (John 20:25). Example, is the case of the doubting Thomas who sought evidence that Jesus had resurrected before He could believe and He believed eventually when He saw Jesus (John 20:24-29).

Every believer today was once an unbeliever and no one was born a believer. In sin we were all conceived and all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God (Psalm 51:5 ; Romans 3:23).

Romans 3:23:“For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;”

Some others disbelieve because they don’t know the truth and they disbelieve in ignorance (1 Timothy 1:13). Like in the case of apostle Paul who persecuted the people of God but repented eventually and admitted he did all those act because of His unbelief in ignorance (1 Timothy 1:12-13).

1 Timothy 1:12-13: “And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry; [13] Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.”

The fool in Psalm 14:1 as stated earlier is not referring to unbelievers, but the wicked whose heart has been hardened and conscience seared because of the continuous evil deeds and they do evil without any guilty conscience (1 Timothy 4:2).

Psalm 10 describe expressively who a fool is or what the wicked looks like. They are prideful and in their pride they persecute the poor and molest the voiceless and the innocent (Psalm 10:2). Example, is king Herod who because of his pride and does not want anyone to be named king apart from himself, killed little children in a failed attempt to kill the then baby Jesus (Matthew 2:16). The fool always feel since there is no God, they can do as many evil as they wish and they will not face God’s judgment and wrath (Psalm 10:5-6).

All including the wicked and unbelievers are called to repentance by God who does not wish anyone to perish but for all to come to the knowledge of the truth (1 Timothy 2:4; 2 Chronicles 7:14).

1 Timothy 2:4: “Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.”

If they continue in their unbelief with no effort made to know God, they are without excuse because God has shown us enough evidence of His existence (Romans 1:20) and if they die unluckly in that state as the scripture has said, they will be thrown into the lake of fire that burns with fire and brimstone (Revelation 21:8; 20:15).

Revelation 21:8: “But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.”.

Written by Faithful Servant

Origin: Biblical Christian Quotes and Lessons by FaithfulServant

=> https://www.nairaland.com/3768611/biblical-christian-quotes-lessons-faithfulservant

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nathaniel Bassey Air's His View On Tithing / Please How Can I Remove The Religious Statement From My Profile / How To Become Like God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.