Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,935 members, 7,806,712 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:31 PM

Auto Guru, Please Help. - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Auto Guru, Please Help. (8062 Views)

Expert Advice Urgently Needed From The Auto Guru!!! / Guys My Vehicle Was Saved From An Incompetent Nairaland Auto Guru Mayor2013 / Guru's Please Help Me Read My Cars Mpg (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Auto Guru, Please Help. by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:41am On Oct 22, 2017
oyefelix dont take things like this personal, This is cartalk, we are talking cars get a scan tool and measure values your self.

1 Like

Re: Auto Guru, Please Help. by oyefelix(m): 5:06am On Oct 22, 2017
GAZZUZZ:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/6139510_img20171021wa005_jpeg2e282de6e7d0e54cc2ddb66c1108f838

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6139513_img20171021wa012_jpeg53692f90330ca8d1ad7431853454608e

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6139541_img20171021wa017_jpegadf19f804417907bdb39f46843393d02

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6139546_img20171021wa015_jpegc8d06fb9cedd94a559fd55a070e32a4b

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6139569_img20171021wa013_jpeg4887010f44a76008a7770ea41b9f09aa

with or without hose installed, MAP values remained constant @ 27-28kpa

Please conduct test your self with your scanner to verify.

Vehicle driven over 100km without hose installed and no codes were thrown.

My oga ,show the fuel trim before the hose was removed so that we can know if fuel trim change or not.
We are not interested in map value and this is what your earlier statement says :

"Vehicle has no check MILs stored on Engine ecu car is carefully used and maintained by Gazzuz

Now I dont have time or data to waste making a youtube video, so I will share live data readings.

Also fuel trim levels will not show a significant change if air hose is disconnected from throttle body.

Car will not enter into lean mode" .
Re: Auto Guru, Please Help. by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:14am On Oct 22, 2017
oyefelix:

My oga ,show the fuel trim before the hose was removed so that we can know if fuel trim change or not.
We are not interested in map value and this is what your earlier statement says :
Vehicle has no check MILs stored on Engine ecu car is carefully used and maintained by Gazzuz wink

Now I dont have time or data to waste making a youtube video, so I will share live data readings.

Also fuel trim levels will not show a significant change if air hose is disconnected from throttle body.

Car will not enter into lean mode .

kindly run experiment your self. I do not have to prove this to you.

No lean codes
Re: Auto Guru, Please Help. by oyefelix(m): 5:28am On Oct 22, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

No lean codes
But the fuel trim show lean na or the car bin dey run lean before this experiment same car carefully maintained by car guru Gazzuzz.
Oga bone code ,we no be small small children for this job.
So assume customer bring car and fuel trim show lean ,na to tell customer say no problem as lean code no enter ,oga you know better than this na
Oga you fumble big time for this one
Re: Auto Guru, Please Help. by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:01am On Oct 22, 2017
oyefelix:

But the fuel trim show lean na or the car bin dey run lean before this experiment same car carefully maintained by car guru Gazzuzz.
So assume customer bring car and fuel trim show lean ,na to tell customer say no problem as lean code no enter ,oga you know better than this na

no need for the gutter language. Vehicle has no lean codes before or after. Conduct experiment your self then post results.

1 Like

Re: Auto Guru, Please Help. by mayor2013: 6:02am On Oct 22, 2017
Summary of this experiment. That value up there
For fuel trim is nothing to right home about. Excessive fuel consumption is the conclusion. Drive much longer than the 100km and see what comes out of it. Ecu readiness to throwing up a lean code would be slower on Camry 1999.
Re: Auto Guru, Please Help. by Inception(m): 6:15am On Oct 22, 2017
oyefelix:

Abeg for where you find this +/-20% Toyota specification .
http://www.autocats.ws/manual/toyota/camry20/content/Diagnostics.pdf
There you will have your answer.
Re: Auto Guru, Please Help. by Inception(m): 6:18am On Oct 22, 2017
oyefelix:

Abeg for where you find this +/-20% Toyota specification .
Check page DI-14. : Engine operating condition
Re: Auto Guru, Please Help. by obekediamondfuto(m): 6:24am On Oct 22, 2017
did anyone bother to watch that video? I sincerely give up on this thread!

gazuzz u were not even supposed to argue or debate ur findings just post and go. the time and resources wasted on the experiment is more than enough contribution.
Re: Auto Guru, Please Help. by obekediamondfuto(m): 6:31am On Oct 22, 2017
Inception:

can that nigga read?
Re: Auto Guru, Please Help. by Inception(m): 6:31am On Oct 22, 2017
obekediamondfuto:

gazuzz u were not even supposed to argue or debate ur findings just post and go. the time and resources wasted on the experiment is more than enough contribution.

I did bro grin

But I don't want daddy to beat me o! So I shall keep kwayet lipsrsealed
Re: Auto Guru, Please Help. by obekediamondfuto(m): 6:35am On Oct 22, 2017
Inception:

I did bro grin

But I don't want daddy to beat me o! So I shall keep kwayet lipsrsealed

lolz, our main daddy. hahahahahaha I still find it difficult that someone that learned watched that video and all he could deduce from the lean code is the broken intake boot, even wen a more serious a/f code was being declared.
I tire seriously
Re: Auto Guru, Please Help. by chukel(m): 7:47am On Oct 22, 2017
obekediamondfuto:

that video was very irrelevant to the discuss here. I was disappointed. Oyefelix doesn't even know normal parameters and so cannot even interpret any scan result. Shouting lean all over when there is no lean condition. Please oyefelix, which sensor in that car measures the lean condition before the throttle body. That car will not throw any code for that disconnected hose. The highest that will happen is for dirty air to find its way into the engine. Baby brains everywhere.
Re: Auto Guru, Please Help. by chukel(m): 7:50am On Oct 22, 2017
obekediamondfuto:

lolz, our main daddy. hahahahahaha I still find it difficult that someone that learned watched that video and all he could deduce from the lean code is the broken intake boot, even wen a more serious a/f code was being declared.
I tire seriously
I seriously wonder how some people reason. The meat of this discuss is the effect of removal of that hose on the performance of the car. He shouted the car will run lean. His video is even unrelated.
Re: Auto Guru, Please Help. by chukel(m): 7:54am On Oct 22, 2017
oyefelix:

oga fumble, what is the normal fuel trim parameter for that particular car? Let's start from there. Do you even know how codes are generated? Your type will tell client temperature gauge needle should never reach half position of the gauge cos u don't know what normal should be.

1 Like

Re: Auto Guru, Please Help. by obekediamondfuto(m): 8:07am On Oct 22, 2017
chukel:
oga fumble, what is the normal fuel trim parameter for that particular car? Let's start from there. Do you even know how codes are generated? Your type will tell client temperature gauge needle should never reach half position of the gauge cos u don't know what normal should be.

the guy is beginning to become loyal, he has finally read something tangible

the video.... one hell of an unrelated video a car with a confirmed code of 1135 which shows a clear issue with a/f sensor also threw a lean code and someone picked it and said the lean code is because of leak. that's not my point of grievance, he also went ahead to talk about kids and the century he learnt map and maf... imagine u went to a hospital with a feverish condition then the doctor says u have cholera u tell him that it is malaria then he starts bringing his certificates and telling u his date of graduation. no b to run?

2 Likes

Re: Auto Guru, Please Help. by chukel(m): 8:14am On Oct 22, 2017
mayor2013:
Summary of this experiment. That value up there
For fuel trim is nothing to right home about. Excessive fuel consumption is the conclusion. Drive much longer than the 100km and see what comes out of it. Ecu readiness to throwing up a lean code would be slower on Camry 1999.
oga, how many miles/km does it take a dtc cycle to complete in order to throw a code, especially fuel trim codes and misfire code. If u answer this correctly, then we can take you seriously.
Re: Auto Guru, Please Help. by oyefelix(m): 8:21am On Oct 22, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

No lean codes
What Fuel Trim Values Should Be

Ideally, the STFT and LTFT should be within a few percentage points of zero when the engine is idling or being held at a steady RPM. Remember, STFT can bounce around quite a bit as when you suddenly snap open the throttle or decelerate. But LTFT can tell you if the average fuel/mixture is running rich or lean.

Good LTFT values should be as close to zero as possible, though they can range from 5 to 8 percent depending on the condition of the engine. If the LTFT is getting up around 10 percent or higher, it usually indicates a problem that needs to be diagnosed.

LTFT values that get up around 20 to 25 percent will usually set a P0171 or P0174 lean code.

LTFT values that drop down to negative 20 to 25 will usually set a P0172 or P0175 rich code.
Source-http://www.aa1car.com/library/what_is_fuel_trim.htm
Your LTFT is 16% what do u call this condition ?so for your mind now no issue.return job go plenty for your shop .

Re: Auto Guru, Please Help. by obekediamondfuto(m): 8:26am On Oct 22, 2017
oyefelix:

What Fuel Trim Values Should Be

Ideally, the STFT and LTFT should be within a few percentage points of zero when the engine is idling or being held at a steady RPM. Remember, STFT can bounce around quite a bit as when you suddenly snap open the throttle or decelerate. But LTFT can tell you if the average fuel/mixture is running rich or lean.

Good LTFT values should be as close to zero as possible, though they can range from 5 to 8 percent depending on the condition of the engine. If the LTFT is getting up around 10 percent or higher, it usually indicates a problem that needs to be diagnosed.

LTFT values that get up around 20 to 25 percent will usually set a P0171 or P0174 lean code.

LTFT values that drop down to negative 20 to 25 will usually set a P0172 or P0175 rich code.
Source-

for the vehicle in view? please where is the source
Re: Auto Guru, Please Help. by obekediamondfuto(m): 8:31am On Oct 22, 2017
Inception:

I tot u read this @ oyefelix or u r just trying to salvage ur already compromised reputation?

I think the latter is the case here.
next time don't jump into conclusions without provable facts and start calling people names

one word of advice, wen u see a customer with a faulty vehicle, don't see him as a potential ATM and dive head-in and start bridging wires( cos it worked for the other car although a different brand) take time to study the system associated with that particular brand and model year before u start a clear case of extortion. capichè

peace

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Auto Guru, Please Help. by oyefelix(m): 8:39am On Oct 22, 2017
obekediamondfuto:

I tot u read this @ oyefelix or u r just trying to salvage ur already compromised reputation?
I hate people that pretend ,nobody know everything .if person wrong use style say so and that is all .
Re: Auto Guru, Please Help. by obekediamondfuto(m): 8:47am On Oct 22, 2017
oyefelix:

I hate people that pretend ,nobody know everything .if person wrong use style say so and that is all .

ehen na naw u come. I really sincerely tot u were an unreasonable illogical fellow. but I can naw see that u were just trying to protect ur oga's ego after he helped u fix ur vehicle. yes ur oga was wrong, damn wrong.... but do u know what's worse than an uninformed person?( not that I think ur oga is uninformed).
a nonchalant ignoramus.

he wasn't willing to leg go off his pride and show some logical solidarity Instead he started calling people names and telling us indirectly that he might be our fathers' age mate. into what naw? via which level?
u were supposed to mediate and call him to order or keep qwayet ( that's what I'd do if Gazuzz goes wrong) instead u followed his footsteps and started calling people names
for what reason, and u didn't also do ur homework before coming here.

anyways it's all good

1 Like

Re: Auto Guru, Please Help. by obekediamondfuto(m): 8:55am On Oct 22, 2017
GAZZUZZ:
oyefelix dont take things like this personal, This is cartalk, we are talking cars get a scan tool and measure values your self.
baba I can sight u viewing the thread..... abeg no comment... I said I'll handle it. ur boy is still loyal to ur government..... remember me oh wen u start dashing equipment in the nearest future.... and in ur car sale deals
Re: Auto Guru, Please Help. by oyefelix(m): 8:58am On Oct 22, 2017
obekediamondfuto:

baba I can sight u viewing the thread..... abeg no comment... I said I'll handle it. ur boy is still loyal to ur government..... remember me oh wen u start dashing equipment in the nearest future.... and in ur car sale deals
No wonder so na because of the thing wey u wan chop no make you get sense .na your baba I get talk with,I no get time for sycophants
Re: Auto Guru, Please Help. by oyefelix(m): 9:03am On Oct 22, 2017
Autoelectng ,abeg I need your unbiased view ,I can see you peeping.
Nurey and co don already chop bribe and no want talk again
Re: Auto Guru, Please Help. by AutoElectNG: 9:04am On Oct 22, 2017
Observing intently workshop/class proceedings

Lesson: To fix any car since OBD II, get a laptop, a scan tool, internet access and access to factory data.

Runs out of here...as fast as he breezed in

1 Like

Re: Auto Guru, Please Help. by obekediamondfuto(m): 9:07am On Oct 22, 2017
oyefelix:

No wonder so na because of the thing wey u wan chop no make you get sense .na your baba I get talk with,I no get time for sycophants

Incase u don't know​.... baba doesn't take bribes. if u worth the deal, he'll go all the way.

u get talk with hu? gazuzz..... u must be outta ur mind.

how far the RAV4? u finally scan am?

common rav 4 u no fit scan and u want to talk to gazuzz, do u know wen he started understanding the concept of srs and airbag?
u were still in .........
Re: Auto Guru, Please Help. by mayor2013: 9:20am On Oct 22, 2017
chukel:
oga, how many miles/km does it take a dtc cycle to complete in order to throw a code, especially fuel trim codes and misfire code. If u answer this correctly, then we can take you seriously.

I don't need to pull out an argument on this. Did you just ask me that question up there. You better come to the field of play first. An advice
Re: Auto Guru, Please Help. by mayor2013: 9:24am On Oct 22, 2017
chukel:

If you understood ecu readiness code(s) you would be able to comprehend that there was no point asking me that question
Re: Auto Guru, Please Help. by oyefelix(m): 9:26am On Oct 22, 2017
AutoElectNG:
Observing intently workshop/class proceedings

Lesson: To fix any car since OBD II, get a laptop, a scan tool, internet access and access to factory data.

Runs out of here...as fast as he breezed in
angry you too don chop something.

when knowledgeable people keep quiet ignorance prevail
Re: Auto Guru, Please Help. by obekediamondfuto(m): 9:35am On Oct 22, 2017
oyefelix:

when knowledgeable people keep quiet ignorance prevail

I get one RAV4 I need to scan srs, can u assist?

put more simply, what wires do I bridge?
Re: Auto Guru, Please Help. by AutoElectNG: 9:37am On Oct 22, 2017
oyefelix:

Nope. Nothing of the sort.

There are general rules like was quoted above, then there are specifics per vehicle.

Some vehicles are tuned to run richer than others, only by checking factory specifications will you determine how a specific vehicle performs and deviates from a general rule or its particular implementation of a general standard.

I defer to the information from the factory.

Infact, I consult factory information for every repair job, I believe it would be terrible to present me information that I should know but I do not, I would lose face.

One thing you can never get from me...I will not attack anyone, and if I am attacked, I will respond in a very civil manner. If I see what I do not agree with, I will present counterfacts, but no name calling or slurs.

So, I will go with factory information and I recommend everyone to do the same.

Have a lovely morning...and do the best to build your brand by responding in a mature way, the world is watching.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

N10,000 Reward - Help Me Find My Friend / Where Can I Get A Place To Do Diagnostic/scan In Lagos - Car Talk - Nairaland / Bonanza!!!Auto Diagnostics and Scanning services.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.