Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,447 members, 7,808,596 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:01 PM

Nigerian Developers Aren't Creative - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Nigerian Developers Aren't Creative (3854 Views)

Aside Fintech, What Should Nigerian Developers Build ? / Nigerian Developers How Did You Master Algorithm And Problem Solving / Nigerian Developers Celebrate Wordpress 15th Anniversary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Developers Aren't Creative by HarmattanHunter: 10:06pm On Oct 19, 2017
Copy and paste coders.
Copy. Paste. e dey work? e dey work. na d way be dat.

when you sabi all the languages like say you be United Nations,
read documentation nko, no o..
na rush rush, just do am. make una try eh.

make una continue. undecided
Re: Nigerian Developers Aren't Creative by KevMitnick: 10:11pm On Oct 19, 2017
Hahaha hahaha... Brother take it easy.
Re: Nigerian Developers Aren't Creative by seunthomas: 7:50am On Oct 20, 2017
HarmattanHunter:
Copy and paste coders.

You no go vex but i want to completely disagree with you 100%.

We have a lot of very creative Nigerian programmers, infact programming itself is about "Creation" or "Creativity".

All programmers all over the world copy and paste code, its highly advised to do so in programming (Na who get time to dey reinvent the wheel?)

NOBODY reads the documentation to detail.

I had a very painstaking learning experience with a few languages and boy i read documentation ohhhh.

Its rarely about reading the documentation but more about understanding what you are reading.

How many times you don buy TV for you house wey you start by opening the very big manual to read??

Most people start doing anything first by trying it out first, they then later go to the manual when they hit a block.

I want to say Nigerian Programmers are going to the permanent site. The ministry is moving....

When i started i only knew a handful of guys writing code, today everybody one learn code.

We are making progress.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Developers Aren't Creative by Nobody: 8:06am On Oct 20, 2017
Nairaland
Re: Nigerian Developers Aren't Creative by raymod170(m): 8:22am On Oct 20, 2017
I suggest you are talking about the people who you have encountered lately @op cos creativity and programming are 5&6
Re: Nigerian Developers Aren't Creative by trytillmake(m): 3:37pm On Oct 20, 2017
raymod170:
I suggest you are talking about the people who you have encountered lately @op cos creativity and programming are 5&6
Re: Nigerian Developers Aren't Creative by trytillmake(m): 3:40pm On Oct 20, 2017
HarmattanHunter:
Copy and paste coders.

All this ones wen neva write one line of code, go and see wat naija programmers are doing in banks,insurance, telecoms, PFAS, bad ass guys building killer solutions for firms and guess wat they charge in millions, if are a nairaland boy and just learning how to code don't run yr mouth anyhow u garrit angry angry

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Developers Aren't Creative by mexzony: 6:52pm On Oct 20, 2017
We do have very skilled coders here for sure as we also have well the I know all dem languages.
Take am easy bro. grin
Re: Nigerian Developers Aren't Creative by Desyner: 10:11pm On Oct 20, 2017
They don't think out of the box. Too many copy and paste.
Re: Nigerian Developers Aren't Creative by Desyner: 10:15pm On Oct 20, 2017
trytillmake:

All this ones wen neva write one line of code, go and see wat naija programmers are doing in banks,insurance, telecoms, PFAS, bad ass guys building killer solutions for firms and guess wat they charge in millions, if are a nairaland boy and just learning how to code don't run yr mouth anyhow u garrit angry angry
Most( 85 % ) local programmers aren't creative. I was privileged to have worked with some excellent softwares by Nigerian programmers.
Re: Nigerian Developers Aren't Creative by HarmattanHunter: 9:48am On Oct 21, 2017
Desyner:
Most( 85 % ) local programmers aren't creative. I was privileged to have worked with some excellent softwares by Nigerian programmers.

Tim-Berners Lee wrote html, created a web server, and basically created the internet in 1991 as a side project. Linux was a 21 year old computer science student when he started writing the linux os. Again, not a paid job.

Retards are here boasting about writing at best CRUD applications, at worst Word Press plugins. Jeezus... in 2017...... cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Developers Aren't Creative by olamil34(m): 11:16am On Oct 21, 2017
HarmattanHunter:
Copy and paste coders.

mr creative please kindly share last genius project
Re: Nigerian Developers Aren't Creative by HarmattanHunter: 11:57am On Oct 21, 2017
olamil34:

mr creative please kindly share last genius project
Of course, I was expecting this.

No, I won't. Could you address the matter please?

If you can't, I won't be disappointed. Amongst copy-and-paste coders, it can be quite difficult to find genuine comments.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Developers Aren't Creative by seunthomas: 1:14pm On Oct 21, 2017
Not to take a side on this subject matter. Your comment @op is very generalized and you dont have any statistics or figures to back it up. Thats a major problem with a lot of us in this country, we make unguarded comments and we have no proof or figures to show that what we have said is justified.
If you say Nigerian developers are not creative, then it implies we have no creative developer in Nigeria(me i over create self. LOL), then assist us mediocre mortals by enlightening us on when you conducted a survey/questionairre or if your findings are from some bureau or organization specialized in gathering data about us Night burners and chronic coffee drinkers.....

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Developers Aren't Creative by Desyner: 2:32pm On Oct 21, 2017
HarmattanHunter:

Tim-Berners Lee wrote html, created a web server, and basically created the internet in 1991 as a side project. Linux was a 21 year old computer science student when he started writing the linux os. Again, not a paid job.

Retards are here boasting about writing at best CRUD applications, at worst Word Press plugins. Jeezus... in 2017...... cry cry cry

99% of foreign or American programmers too can't write those kinds of programs (linux, html).
Re: Nigerian Developers Aren't Creative by HarmattanHunter: 2:43pm On Oct 21, 2017
seunthomas:
Not to take a side on this subject matter. Your comment @op is very generalized and you dont have any statistics or figures to back it up. Thats a major problem with a lot of us in this country, we make unguarded comments and we have no proof or figures to show that what we have said is justified.
If you say Nigerian developers are not creative, then it implies we have no creative developer in Nigeria(me i over create self. LOL), then assist us mediocre mortals by enlightening us on when you conducted a survey/questionairre or if your findings are from some bureau or organization specialized in gathering data about us Night burners and chronic coffee drinkers.....
You could skip the thread if you have no contribution. Let the great guys speak.
Re: Nigerian Developers Aren't Creative by HarmattanHunter: 2:46pm On Oct 21, 2017
Desyner:
99% of foreign or American programmers too can't write those kinds of programs (linux, html).
Omg. Are you a Nigerian developer?
Re: Nigerian Developers Aren't Creative by olamil34(m): 5:30pm On Oct 21, 2017
HarmattanHunter:

Of course, I was expecting this.

No, I won't. Could you address the matter please?

If you can't, I won't be disappointed. Amongst copy-and-paste coders, it can be quite difficult to find genuine comments.

i understand what you are saying, because must topics on this board is about buy and sell php scripts and make instant money, or i want to learn all of programming with one day. you hardly see something that excites you.

mind u most great programmers work in secret about what they are doing or stoped using nairaland entirely (they upgraded to reddit).
and my favorite nairaland programmer created his own platform because he was sick of nairaland @dhtml18

so show us project to see if u are not part of them

check out my mini search engine(written in python(django,requests,urllib,beautifulsoup4) and javascript(jquery)) www.quickfinda.com

it compares prices from different stores to help you find the right deal

currently working on the machine learning part of the app
Re: Nigerian Developers Aren't Creative by olamil34(m): 5:34pm On Oct 21, 2017
HarmattanHunter:

please share with us your creative works of art, wait a minute i think you are describing who you are grin grin grin , a genius programmer that can not show his work **weak bro** weaaaaak
Re: Nigerian Developers Aren't Creative by Nobody: 6:04pm On Oct 21, 2017
olamil34:

Fix the search first. Laptop brings cables and remote controls, that barely in the category of laptops.
Re: Nigerian Developers Aren't Creative by seunthomas: 6:14pm On Oct 21, 2017
HarmattanHunter:

You could skip the thread if you have no contribution. Let the great guys speak.
Seems like you dont know me? You must be high on something really cheap......
Re: Nigerian Developers Aren't Creative by olamil34(m): 6:37pm On Oct 21, 2017
TheCabal:

Fix the search first. Laptop brings cables and remote controls, that barely in the category of laptops.

tell me your exact query to check out
Re: Nigerian Developers Aren't Creative by okwyee(m): 5:25pm On Oct 22, 2017
seunthomas:

Seems like you dont know me? You must be high on something really cheap......

Lol, I'd be shocked if he dosen't know you!
You're already a celeb na cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Developers Aren't Creative by WebRabbi: 3:07pm On Oct 23, 2017
olamil34:

i understand what you are saying, because must topics on this board is about buy and sell php scripts and make instant money, or i want to learn all of programming with one day. you hardly see something that excites you.

mind u most great programmers work in secret about what they are doing or stoped using nairaland entirely (they upgraded to reddit).
and my favorite nairaland programmer created his own platform because he was sick of nairaland @dhtml18

so show us project to see if u are not part of them

check out my mini search engine(written in python(django,requests,urllib,beautifulsoup4) and javascript(jquery)) www.quickfinda.com

it compares prices from different stores to help you find the right deal

I love your search engine. keep em flying
Re: Nigerian Developers Aren't Creative by WebRabbi: 3:13pm On Oct 23, 2017
HarmattanHunter:
Copy and paste coders.

Not all Nigeria are copy and paste programmer. You might have your own reasons and experience with some programmers but its too bad to generalized an issue like this.

Mind you Nigeria programmers are really trying against all odds, here in Nigeria no ICT funding sourcing, no research funding sourcing, no ICT investors, no lights(You are your own NEPA), high cost internet data, no government ICT funding etc
Re: Nigerian Developers Aren't Creative by olamil43: 5:18pm On Oct 23, 2017
WebRabbi:

I love your search engine. keep em flying

thanks bro it means alot coming from u

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Developers Aren't Creative by Nobody: 11:31pm On Oct 23, 2017
WebRabbi:

Not all Nigeria are copy and paste programmer. You might have your own reasons and experience with some programmers but its too bad to generalized an issue like this.

Might you Nigeria programmers are really trying against all odds, here in Nigeria no ICT funding sourcing, no research funding sourcing, no ICT investors, no lights(You are your own NEPA), high cost internet data, no government ICT funding etc
All the above issues check.But Nigeria actually has cheap data rates compared to most countries.
Ask Google if u doubt me.
BTW not with the o.p dude seems frustrated
Re: Nigerian Developers Aren't Creative by WebRabbi: 8:46am On Oct 24, 2017
ndiuel:

All the above issues check.But Nigeria actually has cheap data rates compared to most countries.
Ask Google if u doubt me.
BTW not with the o.p dude seems frustrated
Alright, thanks for the correction, we learn everyday.

olamil43:

thanks bro it means alot coming from u
You are highly welcome bro
Re: Nigerian Developers Aren't Creative by HappyPagan: 6:47pm On Nov 29, 2018
Epic thread..m
Re: Nigerian Developers Aren't Creative by silento(m): 10:22pm On Nov 29, 2018
seunthomas:

You no go vex but i want to completely disagree with you 100%.

We have a lot of very creative Nigerian programmers, infact programming itself is about "Creation" or "Creativity".

All programmers all over the world copy and paste code, its highly advised to do so in programming (Na who get time to dey reinvent the wheel?)

NOBODY reads the documentation to detail.

I had a very painstaking learning experience with a few languages and boy i read documentation ohhhh.

Its rarely about reading the documentation but more about understanding what you are reading.

How many times you don buy TV for you house wey you start by opening the very big manual to read??

Most people start doing anything first by trying it out first, they then later go to the manual when they hit a block.

I want to say Nigerian Programmers are going to the permanent site. The ministry is moving....

When i started i only knew a handful of guys writing code, today everybody one learn code.

We are making progress.
speak for yourself only everybody is not lazy you dont but i do and i know alot of us do , anybody can write code but few can programmers

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Developers Aren't Creative by don4real18(m): 9:17am On Nov 30, 2018
HarmattanHunter:

I will like to know what you have created in your field

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Developers Aren't Creative by Nobody: 5:58pm On Nov 30, 2018
Desyner:
I can't tell if ur stat is right but the few programmers i have come across code from scratch including myself.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can I Claim Expert In Html,javascript,css & Php After 1yrs Of Constant Learning? / Foundations Of Programming: Fundamentals / Phone Number Validation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.