Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,324 members, 7,808,087 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:57 AM

Challenge Me - Programming (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Challenge Me (15477 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Challenge Me by seunthomas: 10:45pm On Oct 28, 2017
dhtml118:
My eyes don dey gum, i don sleep be that.
Dont worry will send the binary for MacOS and the solution. So you go fit check am..
Re: Challenge Me by 4kings: 2:47am On Oct 29, 2017
@Whiztim, very great job. cool
Thanks for the stackexchange answer, i also had a hard time figuring why gcd solved the question.

dhtml118:

I am not participating o, i am only an umpire here.
Okay...
Re: Challenge Me by Nobody: 9:06am On Oct 29, 2017
seunthomas:

Dont worry will send the binary for MacOS and the solution. So you go fit check am..

Don't do that... Just grab Team Viewer.. I'd test right on your Mac.
Re: Challenge Me by Nobody: 9:36am On Oct 29, 2017
WhiZTiM:

- A quick glance at Bresenham's line algorithm shows it achieves its work in O(N) time, which I find really cool! Mine does same!
- There may be a bug lurking somewhere, while I doubt it, I am opened to learning from failure cases of my algorithm.
- before posting this, I decided to go through the whole nonsense on this thread and I am only just realizing there is an amortized O(1) algorithm for counting the cells... And hell no, there was no way I was close to thinking that GCD direction... So, I am definitely not the smartest here.
- Once again, I enjoyed the problem, thanks for posting.

Another thing that makes me feel good is that, with only two changes to the code, the above solution can work for rectangular grids...

Wow, such an eye opener. Taking a look at the Bresenham's algorithm, all i can say is if I saw that first I probably wouldn't have thought of the gcd solution, however the solution accounts for rectangular grids too.
Re: Challenge Me by Nobody: 2:59pm On Oct 29, 2017
back, what did i miss? Ehen, see all them professors talking.
Re: Challenge Me by seunthomas: 7:42pm On Oct 30, 2017
I thought by now we would have gotten the solution to @DanielTheGeek's challenge to me. Abi una no even try am at all ?
Re: Challenge Me by Nobody: 10:07pm On Oct 30, 2017
hmn
Re: Challenge Me by 4kings: 3:24am On Oct 31, 2017
E be like say i don give up.
@DanielTheGeek and seunthomas how the fu[k did you compile your glass code?
Been at that for close to hour, just compilation, wetin sef.

Just incase you log in before the deadline, please help me out on how to use this to compile glass. https://github.com/C-Bouthoorn/rust-glass It's written in rust and i have issues running the file.

The command rustc main.rs
returns error
error[E0463]: can't find crate for 'glass'
--> main.rs:1:1
|
1 | extern crate glass;
| ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ can't find crate

error: aborting due to previous error

I've been busy and don't want to stop my other plans cos of just compilation.
Re: Challenge Me by Nobody: 3:25am On Oct 31, 2017
Crate of eggs missing. . .i taya o
Re: Challenge Me by 4kings: 3:25am On Oct 31, 2017
dhtml118 i see you, any help?
Re: Challenge Me by 4kings: 3:26am On Oct 31, 2017
dhtml118:
Crate of eggs missing. . .i taya o
Lol, did you try it?

I can't figure out how glass file is supposed to be structured.
Re: Challenge Me by Nobody: 11:23am On Oct 31, 2017
The thing no work for my mac too now.
Re: Challenge Me by seunthomas: 2:11pm On Oct 31, 2017
I have not really had time to seat and face the challenge ohhh.
Re: Challenge Me by 4kings: 3:16pm On Oct 31, 2017
seunthomas:
I have not really had time to seat and face the challenge ohhh.
But were you able to compile any sample code successfully?
Re: Challenge Me by seunthomas: 3:19pm On Oct 31, 2017
4kings:

But were you able to compile any sample code successfully?
All the codes successfully. I will see if i can finish the task and then build the interpreter for windows also. So i can upload a windows binary.
Re: Challenge Me by 4kings: 3:38pm On Oct 31, 2017
seunthomas:

All the codes successfully. I will see if i can finish the task and then build the interpreter for windows also. So i can upload a windows binary.
Okay...
Re: Challenge Me by 4kings: 11:56pm On Oct 31, 2017
What's up guys? Even danielthegeek has not logged in , looks like this week is hectic...
Re: Challenge Me by Nobody: 2:09am On Nov 01, 2017
4kings:
What's up guys? Even danielthegeek has not logged in , looks like this week is hectic...

Bro, really hectic, I'm tired and worked up too. But seems no one could come up with a solution.

I don't have a Mac so i'd use a virtual machine to test the installation on Mac and let you know what to do to make it work. Till then bro.
Re: Challenge Me by Nobody: 2:24am On Nov 01, 2017
seunthomas:

You have tried bro.
Re: Challenge Me by seunthomas: 7:12am On Nov 01, 2017
DanielTheGeek:

You have tried bro.
I actually solved it but dont want to eat your money. I may put up the code and the binaries online later this week (Just for fun).
Re: Challenge Me by Nobody: 8:25am On Nov 01, 2017
seunthomas:

I actually solved it but dont want to eat your money. I may put up the code and the binaries online later this week (Just for fun).

Lol, I would've really loved to see you eat my money... Should I reopen the challenge till tomorrow?
Re: Challenge Me by seunthomas: 9:32am On Nov 01, 2017
DanielTheGeek:

Lol, I would've really loved to see you eat my money... Should I reopen the challenge till tomorrow?
If it won't be the one that i will be chasing you around over 10k. I am giving you 100% guarantee that i can do it in glass but if despite this warning you still feel like losing the 10k, then fine with me extend it till tomorrow evening 8pm (will make out time for it). If we want to make it even interesting we can make it 50k and extend to friday evening and if i dont solve it you get 50k.
Let me hear from you before 12pm today to know if you want to waste your money.
I can of my own solve it and upload it anytime this week (just for the fun of it).
Re: Challenge Me by Nobody: 9:33am On Nov 01, 2017
I want to see this glass solution still o!
Re: Challenge Me by seunthomas: 9:34am On Nov 01, 2017
dhtml118:
I want to see this glass solution still o!
The language is actually hard but i already have an insight into it. Let him up the stakes na....
I want to say there will be only a handful of people that can actually solve it using this glass lang.
Re: Challenge Me by 4kings: 5:57pm On Nov 01, 2017
DanielTheGeek:

Bro, really hectic, I'm tired and worked up too. But seems no one could come up with a solution.

I don't have a Mac so i'd use a virtual machine to test the installation on Mac and let you know what to do to make it work. Till then bro.
Okay...
What operating system do you test glass with?
Did you check the rust code, I think figuring the error will be better for the compilation on all OS platforms...

Oga Seunthomas I dey wait for the windows binary oo.
Re: Challenge Me by 4kings: 5:57pm On Nov 01, 2017
seunthomas:

The language is actually hard but i already have an insight into it. Let him up the stakes na....
I want to say there will be only a handful of people that can actually solve it using this glass lang.
Very very true...
But let me compile it first.
Re: Challenge Me by Nobody: 8:10pm On Nov 01, 2017
4kings:

Okay...
What operating system do you test glass with?
Did you check the rust code, I think figuring the error will be better for the compilation on all OS platforms...

Oga Seunthomas I dey wait for the windows binary oo.

Didn't you see that the build of rust-glass failed on GitHub? The error is from the glass library not being found. Just go back and download the latest version of the interpreter from https://esolangs.org/wiki/Glass and run on your Linux distro

The glass library is not being imported so the program won't run...
Re: Challenge Me by Nobody: 8:13pm On Nov 01, 2017
seunthomas:

Let's just do it for fun now since the time frame is out and you're not even sure of when you'd be posting your solution.

I'd be taking part now... I guess that's not cheating, right?
Re: Challenge Me by 4kings: 10:14pm On Nov 01, 2017
DanielTheGeek:

Didn't you see that the build of rust-glass failed on GitHub? The error is from the glass library not being found. Just go back and download the latest version of the interpreter from https://esolangs.org/wiki/Glass and run on your Linux distro

The glass library is not being imported so the program won't run...
OK, would run on a linux environment, thought cygwin would do the trick...
Re: Challenge Me by Nobody: 8:38am On Nov 02, 2017
Not without breaking things at times. Some things aren't just meant for Windows

4kings:

OK, would run on a linux environment, thought cygwin would do the trick...
Re: Challenge Me by seunthomas: 8:12pm On Nov 02, 2017
For those interested in the buildable glass interpreter for windows
I uploaded it here
https://filebin.ca/3fzH0DfZetPc
You can use "make" on windows to compile the source code.
Happy Glassing..
Re: Challenge Me by Nobody: 9:46pm On Nov 02, 2017
*Beating my chest* I knew he can do it!

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Are Mini Laptops Good For Programming? / Why Self Taught Programmers Over “Exaggerate”. / Is It Advisable To Learn Java As My First Programming Language?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.