Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,466 members, 7,801,180 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 12:01 PM

What We’ll Do Against Police Over Ozubulu Killings, Joy Odama’s Death – HURIWA - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What We’ll Do Against Police Over Ozubulu Killings, Joy Odama’s Death – HURIWA (11377 Views)

PDP Primary: What We’ll Do If Consultations Fail – Tambuwal / Boma Goodhead Protesting In 2005 Against Police Harassment (Throwback Photos) / Parading Suspects With Biafra Insignia: IPOB Takes Legal Action Against Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What We’ll Do Against Police Over Ozubulu Killings, Joy Odama’s Death – HURIWA by Nne5: 10:25am On Oct 20, 2017
A pro-democracy and Non-Governmental organization, the Human Rights Writers Association, HURIWA, has alleged that the police high command is in the process of sweeping under the carpet, the alleged killing of 19-year-old female student of Cross Rivers State University Miss. Joy Odama by one Alhaji Usman I. Adamu in Abuja.

The Rights group also condemned the “lack of action” by the Inspector-General of Police, IGP, Ibrahim Idris on the attack by gunmen on Saint Philips Catholic Church Ozubulu, Anambra state on Sunday August 13th 2017.

HURIWA said the Anambra state police command and the office of the Inspector General of Police seems to be colluding to maintain conspiratorial silence on the crime and allegedly failed to embark on any comprehensive investigation into the bloody attack on the worshippers.

HURIWA, in a statement made available to DAILY POST by the National Coordinator its Comrade Emmanuel Onwubiko and the National Media Affairs Director Miss Zainab Yusuf, condemned the rapid deterioration of professionalism in the Nigeria Police Force under the current dispensation which has led to the piling up of several unresolved crimes that happened in different parts of Nigeria.

The group said the last time it reached out to the police high command in Abuja about two months ago, it was informed that the Inspector General of police has sent the file of Alhaji Usman Adamu to the director of public prosecution for action.

The statement added, “We are shocked that the office of the Federal Attorney General has refused to take action to bring the alleged murderer to speedy trial before the competent court of law. Does the office of the Attorney General of the Federation require eternity to prosecute a suspect allegedly linked to the gruesome murder of a young female student or is it because she isn’t a daughter of a chieftain of All Progressives Congress?”

“HURIWA recalled that the Nigeria Police had announced on June 28th 2017 that it has arrested Alhaji Usman Adamu, the alleged murder of one Joy Odoma, a 200-level mass communication student of the Cross Rivers State University.

“HURIWA also recalled that the deceased mother, Mrs. Philomena Odama, had petitioned the Inspector General of Police Ibrahim Idris, Senate President, Bukola Saraki and Speaker of the House of Representatives Yakubu Dogara, over the murder of her first daughter, Joy.

“In the petition, Mrs. Odama, alleged that Joy was murdered by one Alhaji Usman Adamu, who had offered to give her job at the NSCDC.

“HURIWA recalled that consequent upon the petition, the police IGP, Ibrahim Idris purportedly declared Alhaji Adamu wanted and ordered immediate investigation over the incident but the Rights group believes the hierarchy of the police may be shielding the alleged murderer because of his extensive reach within the top echelons of the security circles.

“HURIWA accused the police of engaging in a well crafted hide-and-seek game on this matter just as the Rights group expressed consternation that the office of the Senate President has also failed to properly activate mechanisms to investigate the allegations that the police was indeed undermining the forensic investigation of the gruesome killing of Miss Joy Odama.
“HURIWA recalled that the police had initially stated that: ‘the principal suspect Alh. Usman I. Adamu is the owner of Flat 3, Ibro Quarters Karimo Abuja, where Joy Odama was found dead in the morning of 21/12/2016.’

“HURIWA however believes that the deliberate slow approach to the matter shows that there is a plot to scuttle the prosecution of the alleged murderer.
“HURIWA recalled that to ascertain the actual cause of death of Joy Odama, an autopsy examination was carried out by a Pathologist Dr. Jibrin Paul with National Hospital, Abuja was released to the Police on the 10th May, 2017 which revealed that Joy Odama died of cocaine poisoning occasioned by cardiogenic shock secondary to difusion. But ironically, the police ordered for a second autopsy which came up with a contradictory finding.
“On the attack by unknown gunmen on Sunday August 6 which killed scores of worshippers at Ozubulu church in Anambra state, we expressed shock that the police have yet to make any constructive arrest even when the police commissioner was quoted as stating that he has intelligence on the circumstances surrounding the sophisticated crime of mass murder.
“HURIWA is compiling records of all the unresolved crimes in the last five years to forward the reports to the International Criminal Court in The Hague Netherlands for necessary investigative and prosecutorial actions since the Nigerian crime investigation system seems compromised.”

http://dailypost.ng/2017/10/20/well-police-ozubulu-killings-joy-odamas-death-huriwa/

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What We’ll Do Against Police Over Ozubulu Killings, Joy Odama’s Death – HURIWA by Nne5: 10:30am On Oct 20, 2017
HURIWA is a terrorist organization-zombies

lalasticlala mynd44

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What We’ll Do Against Police Over Ozubulu Killings, Joy Odama’s Death – HURIWA by kizz007: 12:10pm On Oct 20, 2017
you post, na you still comment 1st . i shake my head for you oooo .
Any ways congratulation to me for commenting first , in the post that the poster commented first . undecided

4 Likes

Re: What We’ll Do Against Police Over Ozubulu Killings, Joy Odama’s Death – HURIWA by Nawteemaxie(m): 12:10pm On Oct 20, 2017
"HURIWA RECALLED, HURIWA RECALLED" was the only thing I was seeing from A-Z!

When HURIWA is done recalling, somebody should wake me.

3 Likes

Re: What We’ll Do Against Police Over Ozubulu Killings, Joy Odama’s Death – HURIWA by looseweight: 12:10pm On Oct 20, 2017
Ok
Re: What We’ll Do Against Police Over Ozubulu Killings, Joy Odama’s Death – HURIWA by Nobody: 12:11pm On Oct 20, 2017
No be Nigeria police wey I know, useless criminals, don't doubt me when I say that almost 85% of our Nigeria police men are corrupt starting from the head or whatsoever.

3 Likes

Re: What We’ll Do Against Police Over Ozubulu Killings, Joy Odama’s Death – HURIWA by lexy2014: 12:12pm On Oct 20, 2017
Nne5:

lalasticlala mynd44
y u say so?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What We’ll Do Against Police Over Ozubulu Killings, Joy Odama’s Death – HURIWA by cardoctor(m): 12:13pm On Oct 20, 2017
Na settlement things nah.

1 Like

Re: What We’ll Do Against Police Over Ozubulu Killings, Joy Odama’s Death – HURIWA by Onbelivable(m): 12:13pm On Oct 20, 2017
Re: What We’ll Do Against Police Over Ozubulu Killings, Joy Odama’s Death – HURIWA by flawlessT(f): 12:13pm On Oct 20, 2017
We hear
Re: What We’ll Do Against Police Over Ozubulu Killings, Joy Odama’s Death – HURIWA by SamAbims(m): 12:13pm On Oct 20, 2017
Ok
Re: What We’ll Do Against Police Over Ozubulu Killings, Joy Odama’s Death – HURIWA by lelvin(m): 12:13pm On Oct 20, 2017
Na so we dey hear.
Re: What We’ll Do Against Police Over Ozubulu Killings, Joy Odama’s Death – HURIWA by Ogaezy(m): 12:15pm On Oct 20, 2017
This matter had lingered for so long now, to get justice in a country as Nigeria is not easy o.

2 Likes

Re: What We’ll Do Against Police Over Ozubulu Killings, Joy Odama’s Death – HURIWA by asawanathegreat(m): 12:15pm On Oct 20, 2017
U don talk am E remain action

1 Like

Re: What We’ll Do Against Police Over Ozubulu Killings, Joy Odama’s Death – HURIWA by omobs(m): 12:16pm On Oct 20, 2017
Okay
Re: What We’ll Do Against Police Over Ozubulu Killings, Joy Odama’s Death – HURIWA by Mrkumareze(m): 12:19pm On Oct 20, 2017
Forget justice . The man (bishop) who knows more of the whole situation is a paddy to the Governor .The case was long ago silenced

3 Likes

Re: What We’ll Do Against Police Over Ozubulu Killings, Joy Odama’s Death – HURIWA by Presidiotbuhari: 12:24pm On Oct 20, 2017
Buharii is cursed, Obiano is a foolish foool. Aisha buharii is a smelling who.re.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What We’ll Do Against Police Over Ozubulu Killings, Joy Odama’s Death – HURIWA by Unik3030: 12:27pm On Oct 20, 2017
kizz007:
you post, na you still comment 1st . i shake my head for you oooo .
Any ways congratulation to me for commenting first , in the post that the poster commented first . undecided

please do they pay people for first to comment? cos I keep wondering y people always celebrate it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What We’ll Do Against Police Over Ozubulu Killings, Joy Odama’s Death – HURIWA by Gozbrown(m): 12:29pm On Oct 20, 2017
HURIWA, i must commend u guys. we ve not heard anything abt d girl's case(Joy Odama) or even d Ozubulu massacre.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What We’ll Do Against Police Over Ozubulu Killings, Joy Odama’s Death – HURIWA by Sapiosexuality(m): 12:30pm On Oct 20, 2017
This is 75 days. Since September 2 and nothing has been concrete on that event that happened in Ozubulu. HURIWA should look into that too.

https://www.nairaland.com/4028779/how-far-ozubulu-killings

http://www.mortalpoet.com/far-ozubulu-killings/

Naija, how far? See the silence! Very loud and disturbing. No one knows what happened. What a people!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What We’ll Do Against Police Over Ozubulu Killings, Joy Odama’s Death – HURIWA by maxiuc(m): 12:36pm On Oct 20, 2017
cry
Re: What We’ll Do Against Police Over Ozubulu Killings, Joy Odama’s Death – HURIWA by AmKen(m): 12:42pm On Oct 20, 2017
They are still investigating the case....
What a country.
Re: What We’ll Do Against Police Over Ozubulu Killings, Joy Odama’s Death – HURIWA by Nobody: 12:46pm On Oct 20, 2017
Alhali is covered from above..... Naija we hail thee... Under the carpet is now full sef... Mata is under the SOakaway now, smelly sef

1 Like

Re: What We’ll Do Against Police Over Ozubulu Killings, Joy Odama’s Death – HURIWA by amazon14: 1:06pm On Oct 20, 2017
HURIWA? Is IPOB sponsor...... Arewa youths
Re: What We’ll Do Against Police Over Ozubulu Killings, Joy Odama’s Death – HURIWA by BanevsJoker(m): 1:12pm On Oct 20, 2017
Presidiotbuhari:
Buharii is cursed, Obiano is a foolish foool. Aisha buharii is a smelling who.re.
For the first two, there is irrefutable proof, for the third however, I am yet to verify. Though, by associating with the first, it is highly likely.

2 Likes

Re: What We’ll Do Against Police Over Ozubulu Killings, Joy Odama’s Death – HURIWA by Promismike(m): 1:34pm On Oct 20, 2017
Am not surprise!
The crime was committed by a sacred cow related to Daura.

1 Like

Re: What We’ll Do Against Police Over Ozubulu Killings, Joy Odama’s Death – HURIWA by enonche85(m): 4:19pm On Oct 20, 2017
Nne5:

lalasticlala mynd44

Bitch please!!!

(1) (Reply)

Over N600bn Allocated To Education In 2018—osinbajo / President Buhari Lands In Chad / Upstream Commission Transfers Over 200 Staff To Lagos After CBN/FAAN Relocations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.