Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,889 members, 7,802,863 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:55 PM

A First Class Graduate Needs A Job. Please Help - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / A First Class Graduate Needs A Job. Please Help (4861 Views)

Please, Help A Jobless First Class Graduate. / Stephen Soleye, 21-Year-Old First Class Graduate Gets New Job With Rolls Royce / Jobless First Class Graduate Gets Instant Employment After PREMIUM TIMES Report (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A First Class Graduate Needs A Job. Please Help by tunemike(m): 10:27am On Oct 20, 2017
Good morning Nairaland.
My name is Olaleye Tunde. I am a graduate of Biochemistry from a reputable university in the south western part of Nigeria. I graduated with a cgpa of 4.60. I will be through with my NYSC in kano state by November even though I'm nursing a plan to stay back in kano and search for jobs since kano is less competitive in terms of job jostling and hustling.

I have a keen interest in the manufacturing, Health and hospitality, and Education sectors. I am resourceful, dogged, intelligent, adroit and inclined to learning new approaches towards getting things done meticulously. I hew easily to work ethics and I am able to work with team(s). I am willing to relocate to any part of the country. Please help a brother. I'm looking forward to getting replies. Thanks.

My contacts are:
Phone number:08164498846
Email: olaleyeomotunde@gmail.com
LinkedIn: Tunde Olaleye

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: A First Class Graduate Needs A Job. Please Help by myke92(m): 10:29am On Oct 20, 2017
U ll get it.

1 Like

Re: A First Class Graduate Needs A Job. Please Help by tunemike(m): 10:31am On Oct 20, 2017
myke92:
U ll get it.
amen. thanks bro.

1 Like

Re: A First Class Graduate Needs A Job. Please Help by clementbiola(m): 11:01am On Oct 20, 2017
try your school for graduate assistant
Re: A First Class Graduate Needs A Job. Please Help by tunemike(m): 11:30am On Oct 20, 2017
I don't think my school has any plan for her first class graduates.
Re: A First Class Graduate Needs A Job. Please Help by clementbiola(m): 11:57am On Oct 20, 2017
God has big plans for you
Re: A First Class Graduate Needs A Job. Please Help by tunemike(m): 12:10pm On Oct 20, 2017
Of course. I believe.
Nevertheless, I need to be proactive in order to get positive results.
I did a professional course on HSE( health, safety and environment) level 1,2,3 and I have worked as an assistant lab technologist( intern) in a hospital and currently working in my ppa as a lecturer. They don't pay though.
Re: A First Class Graduate Needs A Job. Please Help by BiafranBushBoy: 1:47pm On Oct 20, 2017
If your educational sector won't give you a job, then you do as I did.

Welcome to the world of ICT. Learn a Digital skill and get a Job ASAP. Please don't tell me No Money ooo... cheesy

Because the money you used to gain the first class, isn't being recouped now. I wish you the best tho. See details below.

Click here to see The 5 Skills gives you a Job in Nigeria easily

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A First Class Graduate Needs A Job. Please Help by Nobody: 2:43pm On Oct 20, 2017
So you believe you deserve a job because you have 1st class?

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A First Class Graduate Needs A Job. Please Help by tunemike(m): 2:48pm On Oct 20, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:
If your educational sector won't give you a job, then you do as I did.

Welcome to the world of ICT. Learn a Digital skill and get a Job ASAP. Please don't tell me No Money ooo... cheesy

Because the money you used to gain the first class, isn't being recouped now. I wish you the best tho. See details below.

Click here to see The 5 Skills gives you a Job in Nigeria easily

Thanks bro. A friend told me about this. Just don't know which one to go for as there are many courses on ICT. I need a marketable one...I'm sure you know what I meant by that.
Re: A First Class Graduate Needs A Job. Please Help by BiafranBushBoy: 2:51pm On Oct 20, 2017
tunemike:

Thanks bro. A friend told me about this. Just don't know which one to go for as there are many courses on ICT. I need a marketable one...I'm sure you know what I meant by that.

What did you study? I think you have to do a proper analysis of your abilities. When you know your strength and weaknesses, then you can easily make a choice.
Re: A First Class Graduate Needs A Job. Please Help by Omoabike1: 2:55pm On Oct 20, 2017
Hahaha ��.. My brother you better keep your certificate oo and go learn a handiwork... just a advice

Even PHDs re jobless bcux dey all depend on their paper
LastMumu:

1 Like

Re: A First Class Graduate Needs A Job. Please Help by tunemike(m): 2:58pm On Oct 20, 2017
LastMumu:

lol....bro u funny. I thought including it would be an advantage. Moreover, having a first class is a means to an end. It's never the destination.

boss..just help a brother. Thanks.

6 Likes

Re: A First Class Graduate Needs A Job. Please Help by tunemike(m): 2:59pm On Oct 20, 2017
Omoabike1:
Hahaha ��.. My brother you better keep your certificate oo and go learn a handiwork... just a advice

Even PHDs re jobless bcux dey all depend on their paper
hmmm...
thanks tho.
Re: A First Class Graduate Needs A Job. Please Help by Gold2017: 3:36pm On Oct 20, 2017
if u are still in Kano and you have a laptop and can reach me before Monday I will give you a folder on how to be a web developer from scratch. it's about 2.3gb ,both tutorial videos and resources, There are lots of openings for web developers, I am also learning it. holla me on zero nine zero three six two two five zero eight four, lastly come with your flash, I left mine at my ppa

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A First Class Graduate Needs A Job. Please Help by Darius4God(m): 5:07pm On Oct 20, 2017
I
Cheers

3 Likes

Re: A First Class Graduate Needs A Job. Please Help by tunemike(m): 6:18pm On Oct 20, 2017
Gold2017:
if u are still in Kano and you have a laptop and can reach me before Monday I will give you a folder on how to be a web developer from scratch. it's about 2.3gb ,both tutorial videos and resources, There are lots of openings for web developers, I am also learning it. holla me on zero nine zero three six two two five zero eight four, lastly come with your flash, I left mine at my ppa

thanks bro. where do you base in kano??

1 Like

Re: A First Class Graduate Needs A Job. Please Help by tunemike(m): 6:20pm On Oct 20, 2017
Darius4God:
I appreciate guys on this thread, your mature responses, except for few guys, can make a heart merry. My friend, First class full everywhere, I was one of those folks that was of the view- first class will get everything until recently, my eyes were opened , My CGPA is close to 5.0 and I have been turned down many times;Scholarships, Job Opportunities! One thing is sure, as a first class guy, check inward, there is a peculiarity, explore; Everywhere I go, I create avenue for income for myself, my Ideas and ability are highly sought for and I hardly lack even though I am still serving like you! Keep trying, God will open a way for you but do not forget to check inward, your strength may make you an entrepreneur, you idea can make a difference. It's in you, Let it out
Cheers

Wow...I love this sir. thanks. I will adopt your suggestion.
Re: A First Class Graduate Needs A Job. Please Help by Finstar: 6:53pm On Oct 20, 2017
Anyone who thinks his paper degree is gonna get him a mouth-watering job here in Nigeria needs a brain resetting slap asap. If at all you'd get a job, you are merely joining the rank of our dear modern slaves who live from hand to mouth. I really Thank God for my life cause I discovered early that there's no job out there waiting for me. That mindset made me to grab the bull by the horn and today, i'm independent even as an undergraduate. Instead of waiting for my parents to send in cash, i'm actually the one sending to them and it has accord me the respect I deserve.

If you're brilliant and skilled, but not making money in this internet age, then something is wrong with you. The internet has made everything simple, you just have to be open to learn. You don't need a laptop before you can make money online, all you need is the HOW TO.

Sadly, we prefer to engage in tribal wars while se.un keep making money from you guys...

Let's wake up!

THANKS.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: A First Class Graduate Needs A Job. Please Help by tunemike(m): 7:41pm On Oct 20, 2017
Finstar:
Anyone who thinks his paper degree is gonna get him a mouth-watering job here in Nigeria needs a brain resetting slap asap. If at all you'd get a job, you are merely joining the rank of our dear modern slaves who live from hand to mouth. I really Thank God for my life cause I discovered early that there's no job out there waiting for me. That mindset made me to grab the bull by the horn and today, i'm independent even as an undergraduate. Instead of waiting for my parents to send in cash, i'm actually the one sending to them and it has accord me the respect I deserve.

If you're brilliant and skilled, but not making money in this internet age, then something is wrong with you. The internet has made everything simple, you just have to be open to learn. You don't need a laptop before you can make money online, all you need is the HOW TO.

Sadly, we prefer to engage in tribal wars while se.un keep making money from you guys...

Let's wake up!

THANKS.
Mind giving me the HOW TOs you know sir or any link to something worthwhile?
The internet reeks of scammers and I wouldn't want to fall victim.

2 Likes

Re: A First Class Graduate Needs A Job. Please Help by Asour: 12:44am On Oct 21, 2017
I am definitely not a professional in offering advice as to what direction one may pursue but you do strike me as a truly excellent fellow.

I'll say these:

Start making unsolicited applications to companies you admire and/or consider a fit for your background/skills. Most of these companies have career portals on their websites where you can create a profile and apply for available roles or even make unsolicited applications.

Do you see yourself as a generalist or you ultimately want to be a subject matter expert? if you opt for the latter DO NOT ! chase any/every proposed IT skill out there because you'll end up being mediocre at it/them and maybe disinterested/dissatisfied pushing you to yet another skill continuing this focus-less circle.

Find a passion project. This is a project/subject/field/topic within or outside the realm of your academic background (Maybe an IT skill, I know, I remember what I said above) of which you are committed to build expert-level capacity in irrespective of whether you have a job or not. Something you will always be proud of and own/nurture and grow whether life's rosy or tough. Essentially something you'll always be committed to "just like you where committed to your CGPA in school".
You'll find that sooner than latter you'll be an expert at this thing besides what ever else you have going for you in life (usually work).

As a side, you may consider teaching briefly in schools on consultancy basis (i.e. arrange with the principal/head to pay you less than he/she would normally want to in exchange for not tying you down through the day [8am-2pm], which frees you up for other engagements ) while waiting for a more preferable job.
You may also go it alone as I once tried by setting up extramural lessons instead of the above teaching arrangement.

Read a lot. You obviously know this, perhaps more than myself. As Dylan woon says it : "Read not just for pleasure/knowledge but to change your behaviour". you could join quora too. I've found it really enriching.

That's all ,except ... I find your field really lucrative (most don't get this) but FMCGs, CPGs ,Chemicals and food/beverages industry is, in my opinion,one of the most lucrative and easy-to-enter industries to do business in (Read: Don't rule out starting a firm yourself too, not just for the sake of being your own boss but because,quite frankly, you could brilliantly execute it better than most).

Congratulations on account of both your UD. result and in advance of your NYSC POP. I am certain you'll do just fine - even without all the advice on this page - if you keep being NOT complacent(You definitely know this too already).

Regards.

5 Likes

Re: A First Class Graduate Needs A Job. Please Help by Nobody: 3:41am On Oct 21, 2017
Finstar:

Let's wake up!

THANKS.

Do you mind showing us how to make money online or we have pay
Re: A First Class Graduate Needs A Job. Please Help by tunemike(m): 6:53am On Oct 21, 2017
Asour:
I am definitely not a professional in offering advice as to what direction one may pursue but you do strike me as a truly excellent fellow.

I'll say these:

Start making unsolicited applications to companies you admire and/or consider a fit for your background/skills. Most of these companies have career portals on their websites where you can create a profile and apply for available roles or even make unsolicited applications.

Do you see yourself as a generalist or you ultimately want to be a subject matter expert? if you opt for the latter DO NOT ! chase any/every proposed IT skill out there because you'll end up being mediocre at it/them and maybe disinterested/dissatisfied pushing you to yet another skill continuing this focus-less circle.

Find a passion project. This is a project/subject/field/topic within or outside the realm of your academic background (Maybe an IT skill, I know, I remember what I said above) of which you are committed to build expert-level capacity in irrespective of whether you have a job or not. Something you will always be proud of and own/nurture and grow whether life's rosy or tough. Essentially something you'll always be committed to "just like you where committed to your CGPA in school".
You'll find that sooner than latter you'll be an expert at this thing besides what ever else you have going for you in life (usually work).

As a side, you may consider teaching briefly in schools on consultancy basis (I.e arrange with the principal/head to pay you less than he/she would normally want to in exchange for not tying you down through the day [8am-2pm], which frees you up for other engagements ) while waiting for a more preferable job.
You may also go it alone as I once tried by setting up extramural lessons instead of the above teaching arrangement.

Read a lot. You obviously know this, perhaps more than myself. As Dylan soon says it "Read not just for pleasure/knowledge but to change your behaviour". you could join quota too. I've found it really enriching.

That's all ,except ... I find your field really lucrative (most don't get this) but FMCGs, CPGs ,Chemicals and food/beverages industry is, in my opinion,one of the most lucrative and easy-to-enter industries to do business in (Read: Don't rule out starting a firm yourself too, not just for the sake of being your own boss but because,quite frankly, you could brilliantly execute it better than most).

Congratulations on account of both your UD. result and in advance of your NYSC POP. I am certain you'll do just fine - even without all the advice on this page - if you keep being NOT complacent(You definitely know this too already).

Regards.

I have considered biotechnology as a course of interest. I am a staunch fan of production using living systems. I hope to pursue a career on it but I gotta make some money in order to save up for my Masters degree program. Your contribution is encouraging.
Thanks for your advice bro. I'm glad you commented.
Re: A First Class Graduate Needs A Job. Please Help by Nobody: 7:24am On Oct 21, 2017
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf8DL9YU9Z5K7rB9y_tAgqfDzPCfSpibs4WOWY5gFLR2RTICA/viewform#response=ACYDBNjRaCVysqvJEcEIwumx3NYnVVP4UHFQctH7kzD9ybKS5FsXKm-iMpm3Cw

Follow the above link and register your details in the Google document after that click the WhatsApp link at the end and join the group
Re: A First Class Graduate Needs A Job. Please Help by Prec1ous(m): 9:26am On Oct 21, 2017
How will you have first class and still be looking for job.

The knowledge from the First Class is meant to be utilized and exploited.

So are you telling me now that you will work as a..
Sales manager or rep
Customer care agent
Office attendant.

You obviously did not deserve that class, LA cram LA pour.

Go and do graduate assistant!

Or now that you have the advantage, leave this country on scholarships. Check here...

https://www.nairaland.com/2845395/nairaland-official-scholarships-thread-degree/8#59389869
Re: A First Class Graduate Needs A Job. Please Help by tunemike(m): 5:27pm On Oct 21, 2017
Prec1ous:

Sales manager or rep
Customer care agent
Office attendant.

Or now that you have the advantage, leave this country on scholarships. Check here...

https://www.nairaland.com/2845395/nairaland-official-scholarships-thread-degree/8#59389869
hmm...well you are entitled to your opinion whether I deserve it or not. however if you are following the thread, you would see that I mentioned my area of interest and aspirations.
Re: A First Class Graduate Needs A Job. Please Help by jaychubi: 7:10pm On Oct 21, 2017
tunemike:
Good morning Nairaland.
My name is Olaleye Tunde. I am a graduate of Biochemistry from a reputable university in the south western part of Nigeria. I graduated with a cgpa of 4.60. I will be through with my NYSC in kano state by November even though I'm nursing a plan to stay back in kano and search for jobs since kano is less competitive in terms of job jostling and hustling.

I have a keen interest in the manufacturing, Health and hospitality, and Education sectors. I am resourceful, dogged, intelligent, adroit and inclined to learning new approaches towards getting things done meticulously. I hew easily to work ethics and I am able to work with team(s). I am willing to relocate to any part of the country. Please help a brother. I'm looking forward to getting replies. Thanks.

My contacts are:

Use money u saved to start up ur masters
Re: A First Class Graduate Needs A Job. Please Help by baum1: 1:18am On Oct 22, 2017
tunemike:
Good morning Nairaland.

My contacts are:

Hi,

Congrats on your achievement, nice academic achievement. Thank God we saw this, almost skipped it.

By now you should have seen our many spam messages, lol, searching for people who excelled at a high level at uni.

Don't base your decision on my post, but if you do decide to relocate to Lagos, please send an email and let's take it from there.

We assist youngsters like you, who have worked hard to excel academically, to get scholarships abroad. We used to do it free of charge, but nowadays we charge a fortune for the same service given past success...But nothing is cast in stone and we still do things with discretion.

Keep safe bro. The future is still bright. grin
Re: A First Class Graduate Needs A Job. Please Help by baum1: 1:27am On Oct 22, 2017
Prec1ous:

Sales manager or rep
Customer care agent
Office attendant.

Guy, if not for self-control, what I would have told you enn...How can you open mouth to say that. And who told you he is condemned to doing the jobs you listed. If first class was that easy, why has it not become pure water proportionately speaking.

This guy will come back here to testify great things. Hope you will be here to reverse your views..That someone is reaching out to possibly more experienced people to get wisdom does not mean they are clueless..They just want to stand out. At my age and level, I still do this very well. Many people more successful and experienced do it..It is called simple consultation..Why won't a young, intelligent and ambitious boy do it..I tire.

I don't know why people are harsh to first class people? I have asked Jarus this question many times. Why do people lose cool and use anything to talk-down first class people. Sad

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Landover Company Nigeria Limited / Gt Bank Graduate Trainee Remuneration / Standard Chartered Bank Internal Graduate Programme 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.