Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,521 members, 7,808,902 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:01 PM

It Is Unconstitutional To Force Yoruba Language On Non Yorubas. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / It Is Unconstitutional To Force Yoruba Language On Non Yorubas. (21692 Views)

Amotekun Is Unconstitutional - Maigari Dingyadi, Police Affairs Minister / Facts Emerge Non-yorubas Have Been In Lagos For Years Before Immigrant Yorubas / Saraki: Banning Of IPOB By Military & South-East Governors Is Unconstitutional (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It Is Unconstitutional To Force Yoruba Language On Non Yorubas. by EazyMoh(m): 6:51pm On Oct 20, 2017
It's simple tell them not to pay attention in class, so they'd get F9 throughout. Lol

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is Unconstitutional To Force Yoruba Language On Non Yorubas. by Daviddson(m): 6:53pm On Oct 20, 2017
months:
[s][/s]
U CANNOT SILENCE US, WE ARE JUST STARTING. GO AND GET YOUR LAWYERS READY.
I think this is Kazim88, with his trademark of threats and opening of countless Biafra propaganda threads. Pls have some shame, Months, and stop chasing a dead dream.

5 Likes

Re: It Is Unconstitutional To Force Yoruba Language On Non Yorubas. by Amberon11: 6:55pm On Oct 20, 2017
Hausa's are not native to abuja.
months:
This APC are a bunch of very backward people, no wonder Nnamdi Kanu and IPOB are seriously determined to break the country.

Wat should we expect next, HausaFulani make islam compulsory for everybody residing in the Abuja, the Political capital of Nigeria?

Y is the black man so backward?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is Unconstitutional To Force Yoruba Language On Non Yorubas. by months: 6:55pm On Oct 20, 2017
totit:

You will make a good comedy, I swaeeer grin shocked shocked shocked

DONT GET IT TWISTED, U CANNOT BE FIGHTING AND KILLING PEOPLE FOR WANTING THERE OWN COUNTRY AND BE CONVERTING THE COLLECTIVE WEALTH OF ALL NIGERIA TO YORUBA ONLY.

THAT IS TANTAMOUNT TO DECLARING A STATE WITHIN A STATE.

IF U PEOPLE ARE AFTER ODUDUWA, THEN COME OUT AND DENOUNCE NIGERIA.

THAT WAY, WE CAN PULL OUT OUR PEOPLE AND INVESTMENT IN A TIMELY MANNER.

2 Likes

Re: It Is Unconstitutional To Force Yoruba Language On Non Yorubas. by totit: 6:55pm On Oct 20, 2017
months:
WE WILL SCARP LAGOS STATE GOVERNMENT AND REPLACE IT WITH A MINISTER JUST LIKE ABUJA BY THE TIME WE ARE THROUGH WITH U LOT.

U JUST FELL INTO A TRAP.

At the bolded, please guys..please and please don't take this dude serious anymore. I think he's just here to tease and toast us about. shocked

I am done here. Enof! Of this comedy already. undecided

16 Likes

Re: It Is Unconstitutional To Force Yoruba Language On Non Yorubas. by totit: 6:56pm On Oct 20, 2017
[s]
months:

DONT GET IT TWISTED, U CANNOT BE FIGHTING AND KILLING PEOPLE FOR WANTING THERE OWN COUNTRY AND BE CONVERTING THE COLLECTIVE WEALTH OF ALL NIGERIA TO YORUBA ONLY.

THAT IS TANTAMOUNT TO DECLARING A STATE WITHIN A STATE.

IF U PEOPLE ARE AFTER ODUDUWA, THEN COME OUT AND DENOUNCE NIGERIA.

THAT WAY, WE CAN PULL OUT OUR PEOPLE AND INVESTMENT IN A TIMELY MANNER.
[/s]

1 Like

Re: It Is Unconstitutional To Force Yoruba Language On Non Yorubas. by months: 6:58pm On Oct 20, 2017
THIS IS THE FAMOUS COMMENT OF THE AFONJA SEYI LAW.

U CANNOT BE CALLING FOR FORCE AGAINST PEOPLE REQUESTING THEIR OWN COUNTRY, WHILST U CARVE OUT CITIES UNDER JOINT OWNERSHIP AS YORUBA ONLY.

IT WILL NOT WORK.

1 Like

Re: It Is Unconstitutional To Force Yoruba Language On Non Yorubas. by tooth4tooth: 7:02pm On Oct 20, 2017
[quote author=Sall post=61610871][/quote]Simple

1 Like

Re: It Is Unconstitutional To Force Yoruba Language On Non Yorubas. by months: 7:04pm On Oct 20, 2017
WHAT WE HAVE IN LAGOS IS THE RESURFACING OF APARTHEID SOUTH AFRICA, WHITE ONLY AGAINST THE BLACK SOUTH AFRICANS IN THEIR OWN COUNTRY.

WHILST THE OIL FROM THE SS/SE IGBOLAND, IJAWLAND, IBIBIOLAND, ITSEKIRI LAND, URHOBO LAND IS SHARED, AND USED TO FINANACE DEVELOPMENT IN LAGSO AND ABUJA.

WE HAVE THIEVES TRYING TO TURN NATIONAL CAPITAL TO TRIBAL HEADQUARTERS.

THAT IS NOT EVEN THE MOST ANNOYING PART.

THE MOST ANNOYING PART IS THEIR ACTIVE ENCOURAGEMENT AND PARTICIPATION IN THE USE OF VIOLENCE AGAINST PEOPLE OF THE SS/SE FOR DEMANDING RESOURCE CONTROL AND SELF DETERMINATION.

WE ALL REMEMBER THE WAY OBJ MASSACRED EVERYBODY IN ODI COMMUNITY, OVER THE OIL IN THEIR OWN LAND AND ENDED UP WITH A CASE AT THE ICC.

Re: It Is Unconstitutional To Force Yoruba Language On Non Yorubas. by Guestlander: 7:08pm On Oct 20, 2017
months:
WAT WE HAVE IN LAGOS IS THE RESURFACING OF APARTHIED SOUTH AFRICA WHITE ONLY AGAINST THE BLACK SOUTH AFRICANS IN THEIR OWN COUNTRY.

WHILST THE OIL FROM THE SS/SE IGBOLAND, IJAWLAND, IBIBIOLAND, ITSEKIRI LAND, URHOBO LAND IS SHARED, AND USED TO FINANACE DEVELOPMENT IN LAGSO AND ABUJA.

WE HAVE THIEVES TRYING TO TURN NATIONAL CAPITAL TO TRIBAL HEADQUARTERS.

THAT IS NOT EVEN THE MOST ANNOYING PART.

THE MOST ANNOYING PART IS THEIR ACTIVE ENCOURAGEMENT AND PARTICIPATION IN THE USE OF VIOLENCE AGAINST PEOPLE OF THE SS/SE FOR DEMANDING RESOURCE CONTROL AND SELF DETERMINATION.

WE ALL REMEMBER THE WAY OBJ MASSACRED EVERYBODY IN ODI COMMUNITY, OVER THE OIL IN THEIR OWN LAND AND ENDED UP WITH A CASE AT THE ICC.

There's more oil in Ondo state than all south eastern states combined.
What you call apartheid is called federalism, call on your own state to make Igbo mandatory in your own schools, nobody is against that.
For example, French is mandatory in quebec primary schools, the English speakers have no problem with it.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is Unconstitutional To Force Yoruba Language On Non Yorubas. by months: 7:10pm On Oct 20, 2017
IF NIGERIA DONT CHECK THIS APARTHIED SOUTH AFRICA SYSTEM THEY ARE PUTING TOGETHER IN LAGOS THEN IT WILL CONSUME US ALL VERY QUICKLY.

HOW CAN U FORCE A LANGUAGE ON NON-NATIVE SPEAKERS?

WAT IS THE DEFINITION OF DOMINATION?

Re: It Is Unconstitutional To Force Yoruba Language On Non Yorubas. by months: 7:12pm On Oct 20, 2017
SS/SE OIL FROM IGBOLAND, IJAWLAND, IBIBIOLAND, ITSEKIRI LAND, URHOBO LAND IS FOR ALL OF US.

THE CITIES THAT IT WAS USED TO BUILD IS TRIBAL CAPITAL FOR YORUBAS ONLY.

NIGERIA APARTHIED LOADING RIGHT BEFORE OUR EYES.

Re: It Is Unconstitutional To Force Yoruba Language On Non Yorubas. by oladeebo: 7:14pm On Oct 20, 2017
This among golden reason I usually blast Afenifere, when they were blindly selling Yoruba nation to Igbo!
Igbo never hide their agenda to claim Lagos by fire by force, which other Nigerians never done!
And odunmakin falae, okunrunmi will see anything wrong in igbo still baffle me till tomorrow!

1 Like

Re: It Is Unconstitutional To Force Yoruba Language On Non Yorubas. by Masterclass32: 7:15pm On Oct 20, 2017
I believe the language will be optional for non-yoruba students.
Re: It Is Unconstitutional To Force Yoruba Language On Non Yorubas. by months: 7:16pm On Oct 20, 2017
oladeebo:
This among golden reason I usually blast Afenifere, when they were blindly selling Yoruba nation to Igbo!
Igbo never hide their agenda to claim Lagos by fire by force, which other Nigerians never done!
And odunmakin falae, okunrunmi will see anything wrong in igbo still baffle me till tomorrow!

NOBODY IS BLINDLY SELLING ANYTHING.

GO THROUGH YOUR POST HISTORY, U WANT IGBOS IN NIGERIA BY FIRE AND FORCE.

U CANNOT HAVE UR CAKE AND EAT IT.

FROM TODAY START CALLING FOR REFERENDUM.

DAT WAY ONLY YORUBA CAN KEEP THE CAPITAL CITY THAT WE ALL BUILT.

Politics / Igbo Biafra Dream In Nigeria Is A Mirage That Can Never Be Realized!
by oladeebo. 24 posts & 426 views. 2:00pm On Jun 18 (oladeebo)

Politics / Grabbed Biafra From Nigeria Territory Is Illegal To International Law! (1)
by oladeebo. 35 posts & 1165 views. 9:50pm On Jun 16 (oladeebo)

Politics / Igbo Is Playing With Conscience Of Nigerian...it Will Only Lead To War!
by oladeebo. 30 posts & 671 views. 9:56pm On Jun 15 (oladeebo)

Politics / Kanu Is Not Dead....aide
by oladeebo. 5 posts & 436 views. 2:31pm On Jun 15 (ragiluhivo)

Politics / Kanu Is A Foreigner Terrorizing Nigerian He Must Repatriated Back To Britain!
by oladeebo. 6 posts & 216 views. 5:44pm On Jun 14 (jpphilips)

Politics / Nigeria Government Must Get Ready For War!
by oladeebo. 1 post & 132 views. 10:14am On Jun 14 (oladeebo)

Politics / Kaduna Declaration Break The Back Bone Of Kanu/ipob Biafra Agitation!
by oladeebo. 31 posts & 1035 views. 8:13pm On Jun 13 (SHAKABOOM)

Politics / Yoruba Youths West-wide Blast The So Call Coalition Of Yoruba Supporting Igbo! (1)
by oladeebo. 57 posts & 1630 views. 3:22pm On Jun 13 (Kdon2)
Politics / Pity Igbo At Your Peril! (1)
by oladeebo. 47 posts & 1229 views. 8:41pm On Jun 12 (oladeebo)
Politics / Oke-ogun Threat Igbo In Oyo North To Vacate Their Zone With Immediate Effect! (1)
by oladeebo. 60 posts & 2591 views. 11:01am On Jun 11 (oladeebo)

Politics / Is This Not The Beginnig Of Holocaust? Heei! Kanu Had Dragged Igbo Into Mess! (1)
by oladeebo. 44 posts & 1160 views. 6:32pm On Jun 10 (Mekus68)

Politics / Igbo Finally Awaken The Sleeping Devil...wahala De! (1) (2)
by oladeebo. 75 posts & 2781 views. 4:28pm On Jun 09 (Fx55)

Politics / Sit At Home Is A Confident Vote On Biafran, Kaduna Declaration Set Biafran Free!
by oladeebo. 24 posts & 573 views. 11:44am On Jun 09 (oladeebo)

Politics / Nigeria Can Never Be Balkanised! Interestor Control World Not Un Charters!
by oladeebo. 7 posts & 147 views. 8:59pm On Jun 08 (BlowBack)

Politics / Igbo Is Preparing For 2nd Surrender To Nigeria Nation
by oladeebo. 23 posts & 890 views. 8:14pm On Jun 08 (ovadozes)

Politics / El Rufai Spark Fire He Can't Put Off!
by oladeebo. 1 post & 204 views. 9:44pm On Jun 07 (oladeebo)
Politics / Igbo Is Sleeping Under The Fired Roof House!
by oladeebo. 8 posts & 129 views. 7:56pm On Jun 07 (Ojiofor)
Politics / Nigeria Can't Be Balkanized..igbo Reaction After North Youth Threat An Evident!
by oladeebo. 2 posts & 170 views. 1:22pm On Jun 07 (NLPsychologist)

Politics / Only Option Left For Igbo Is To Vacate Nigeria And Go Straight To Israel!
by oladeebo. 32 posts & 490 views. 1:04pm On Jun 07 (oladeebo)

Politics / An Investigation & Opinion Pool On Igbo Nation Rejected Biafra...shocking!
by oladeebo. 13 posts & 459 views. 6:08am On Jun 07 (psucc)

Politics / It's Too Late To Endorse Prof Yemi Osinbajo Vp!
by oladeebo. 5 posts & 220 views. 5:29pm On Jun 06 (oladeebo)

Politics / If Ss,benue & Kogi Is Part Of Biafra Referendum Can Biafra Win Over 1 Nigeria?
by oladeebo. 26 posts & 432 views. 5:11pm On Jun 06 (oladeebo)
Re: It Is Unconstitutional To Force Yoruba Language On Non Yorubas. by ib0221: 7:18pm On Oct 20, 2017
months:

MISUSING OUR KIND GESTURE OF ALLOWING A LAGOS STATE, WEN WE CAN EASILY MAKE IT A FEDERAL TERRITORY AND SEND A MINISTER THERE.

AFTER THIS, WE WILL SCRAP LAGOS STATE SELF GOVERNANCE BECOS LAGOS IS NOT A STATE BUT RATHER A CITY.

WE WILL SEND A MINISTER THERE.
I do not understand your import. However, being FCT would not stop it from being codified and every state and society are expected to domesticate it.

1 Like

Re: It Is Unconstitutional To Force Yoruba Language On Non Yorubas. by months: 7:21pm On Oct 20, 2017
ib0221:
I do not understand your import. However, being FCT would not stop it from being codified and every state and society are expected to domesticate it.

WE WILL SCRAP LAGOS STATE AND REPLACE IT WITH LAGOS CITY AND SEND A MINISTER THERE SO U WILL KNOW THE WAY TO SOUTH WEST AND THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN FEDERAL TERRITORY AND REGION.
Re: It Is Unconstitutional To Force Yoruba Language On Non Yorubas. by musicwriter(m): 7:22pm On Oct 20, 2017
months:
No member of my family and never will my children go to School to waste their time learning a language that is useless in commerce, science and technology.

I sent them to school to develop themselves and contribute to human development.

How is my Igbo son/daughter learning Yoruba useful?

All this yoruba attempt to convert other tribes to yoruba is doomed to fail.

Go and teach your yoruba children their language, culture and heritage, leave other tribes out of it.

We will not hesitate to drag Lagos state government to court and get that Bill by Lagos State Assembly struck out as unconstitutional.

Just leave our children that are not yoruba out of your tribalistic ethnic domination agenda of other tribes residing the the Commercial capital of our Country Nigeria.

Language of commerce, science and technology?

Isn't it a human being like you that created English; the language of commerce, science and technology?

You see, either ways you are still a slave!

Yorubas has realized this and they want to be free. Yet, you are here totally unaware of what they want to achieve. Le me tell you; Yorubas want to make Yoruba language the language of commerce, science and technology, just like English.

As an Igbo man I would advise you to go to Igbo land and make Igbo language compulsory. Let me know when we're going to make Igbo language the language of commerce, science and technology. When you are ready to do that let me know so I can join you.

16 Likes

Re: It Is Unconstitutional To Force Yoruba Language On Non Yorubas. by ib0221: 7:22pm On Oct 20, 2017
totit:

Shiiiii
Abeg nah. No burst bubble. Dem get money to waste. More money for fed gov and tax income cool
Sorry, I just hate to see people being emotional.
Re: It Is Unconstitutional To Force Yoruba Language On Non Yorubas. by months: 7:23pm On Oct 20, 2017
WE WILL NEVER ACCEPT THE FORCING OF ANY LANGUAGE OR RELIGION ON OUR CHILDREN.

IF EVERYBODY IS TIRED OF NIGERIA AND TOLERATING OUR VARIOUS DIFFERENCES THEN WE SIT DOWN AND ARRANGE REFERENDUM LIKE CIVILISED PEOPLE.

AFTER DAT, WE DRAW BOUNDARY AND GO OUR SEPARATE WAYS.

THEN U CAN STOP SPEAKING ENGLISH ALTOGETHER AND ONLY SPEAK YORUBA.

YORUBA CAN BE YOUR OFFICIAL LANGUAGE BUT TO FORCE A LANGUAGE THAT IS NOT OURS ON OUR CHILDREN, WILL BE FIERCELY RESISTED.

4 Likes

Re: It Is Unconstitutional To Force Yoruba Language On Non Yorubas. by ib0221: 7:26pm On Oct 20, 2017
months:

WE WILL SCRAP LAGOS STATE AND REPLACE IT WITH LAGOS CITY AND SEND A MINISTER THERE SO U WILL KNOW THE WAY TO SOUTH WEST AND THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN FEDERAL TERRITORY AND REGION.
The same thing would still be applicable with this national policy.
Re: It Is Unconstitutional To Force Yoruba Language On Non Yorubas. by Jetleeee: 7:29pm On Oct 20, 2017
Just ordinary language oh, you're crying. Ehn

When some of us are still waiting for a bill to support the laceration of your faces with Abaja tribal marks.

Tribal marks wey go dey face, wey people go know say ehen King don come.

And don't worry son. We'll still allow you wear your red santa claus caps

Now tell me that wouldn't be cute. Tell me cheesy

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It Is Unconstitutional To Force Yoruba Language On Non Yorubas. by ODVanguard: 7:34pm On Oct 20, 2017
Na wah for this morafockas sha. Na only una be the non-Yorubas living in Lagos?? Why must it always be yiebo people carrying Lagos matter on their head like Gala? Abi dem swear for una? Where is your sense of pride in your own homeland/Biafra that you must drag other people's turf with them?? Na only una, out of all the non-indigenes/non-yorubas living in the state, dey call Lagos 'nomansland', now una dey oppose a law that the indigenes/owners of Lagos passed to preserve their language in the state. Won ti shekpe fun awon pipul yi o.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It Is Unconstitutional To Force Yoruba Language On Non Yorubas. by legitnow: 7:36pm On Oct 20, 2017
OP dont waste ur time on this people, Ambode knows that the tribal card and igbo fear is wat got him into power and he is just trying to appease his bigoted electorate. It wont fly, all na wash.

It is just not practicable.
Re: It Is Unconstitutional To Force Yoruba Language On Non Yorubas. by Theakthedream: 7:36pm On Oct 20, 2017
months:

Let us not decieve ourselves here, we all know the Federal courts will uphold the constitution and the numerous freedom that is enchrined which we all enjoy.

This is an effort in futility.
SO you can now call it a Federal court..... No more Zoo court?
Funny greedy souls grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is Unconstitutional To Force Yoruba Language On Non Yorubas. by legitnow: 7:44pm On Oct 20, 2017
lalasticlala a response should be on fp if u know wat u are doing.
Re: It Is Unconstitutional To Force Yoruba Language On Non Yorubas. by zurielsam(m): 7:45pm On Oct 20, 2017
months:

BIAFRA FIRST.
shey Lagos dey una biafra map ni?

6 Likes

Re: It Is Unconstitutional To Force Yoruba Language On Non Yorubas. by months: 7:46pm On Oct 20, 2017
zurielsam:

shey Lagos dey una biafra map ni?

I KNOW U ARE NOT STUPID.
Re: It Is Unconstitutional To Force Yoruba Language On Non Yorubas. by Nobody: 7:50pm On Oct 20, 2017
I have been reading the comments of the Igbo OP about the recently passed law and i am not happy with igbo people at all. I am tired of hating on the igbo {as they would never change}. I express support for the law and hope that it would be fully implemented/enforced.

We await service of Court Processes from the igbos.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is Unconstitutional To Force Yoruba Language On Non Yorubas. by Klinee: 7:54pm On Oct 20, 2017
the Lagos assembly is bring disunity in Nigeria by making Yoruba language a compulsory language in Lagos why other languages like Igbo language are left aside. For me it doesn't make sense they should carry all along.

1 Like

Re: It Is Unconstitutional To Force Yoruba Language On Non Yorubas. by months: 7:55pm On Oct 20, 2017
Klinee:
the Lagos assembly is bring disunity in Nigeria by making Yoruba language a compulsory language in Lagos why other languages like Igbo language are left aside. For me it doesn't make sense they should carry all along.

YORUBAS IN LAGOS MUST LEARN IGBO AND HAUSA TOO.

THEIR BILL WILL BE PERMITED AFTER IT IS AMENDED SO IGBO AND HAUSA WILL BE COMPULSORY FOR YORUBA CHILDREN IN LAGOS.

1 Like

Re: It Is Unconstitutional To Force Yoruba Language On Non Yorubas. by ALOWONLE419(m): 7:56pm On Oct 20, 2017
totit:

Are you done?

undecided
I can't stand a grown adult tears already.

Go and file your case and stop wetting my mention with tears grin
WE MUST CONQUER THOSE INFIDELS THROUGH JIHADI

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

I Will Jail All Those Involved In Offa Robbery Case- Gov-elect Abdulrazaq / Kola Ologbondiyan: Buhari's Speech Was Depressing And Failed Empathy Test / NLC Rallies Unions Ahead Of 2-Day Nationwide Protest (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.