Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,892 members, 7,802,875 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:32 AM

5 Signs You’re Doing Well In Life Even Though You Don’t Think So - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 5 Signs You’re Doing Well In Life Even Though You Don’t Think So (761 Views)

Signs You’re Living Beyond Your Means / 5 Reasons Why You’re Not Making Progress In Life / What's Your Biggest Regret In Life So Far? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Signs You’re Doing Well In Life Even Though You Don’t Think So by policy12: 5:12pm On Oct 20, 2017
Our mind is powerful.

It determines the course of one’s life. Way more than any other body part.

That is why we have to keep it healthy.

And a healthy mind means positive thinking.

But enough psychology.

This post is aimed at encouraging you. The goal will be to push you towards being positive so that you can achieve more success.

It is true that life can be hard at times. Think harsh economic conditions, sack and rejection letters, unemployment, unfriendly bosses etc.

And during these times, it is easier for us to focus on these things and imagine that things cannot get better.

And this is just wrong.

Because negativity never produces positive results. That is why it is negative in the first place.

Re: 5 Signs You’re Doing Well In Life Even Though You Don’t Think So by policy12: 5:14pm On Oct 20, 2017
And it is a positive result that can change a situation for the better.

So, this post is aimed at stopping you in your tracks. Take a breath of fresh air and see the reasons why you are doing okay.

Maybe you are not where you want to be but at least you are somewhere.

And it is on the platform of the good things you currently have that the good ones you are hoping for will rest on.

So you must learn to appreciate what you have now.

Here are 5 reasons you are doing great:

Re: 5 Signs You’re Doing Well In Life Even Though You Don’t Think So by policy12: 5:18pm On Oct 20, 2017
1. You are alive
A dead man is dead. That is what it is. Dead.

But you are alive. And this alone shows you are not doing badly.

The popular word is:

And this is true.

I googled “how many people died this week”. It lead me to a statistics website called wordometers.

I could only get the estimates of people who have died this year and today. See below:

That's a lot of deaths. I tried to filter by country to get Nigeria's estimates but the feature was unavailable.

Friend, you get the point. You are not one of the over 23,000,000 deaths this year alone. You are alive.

The dead don’t read. Congrats on being alive. Be grateful for it.

I thank God for you.

Re: 5 Signs You’re Doing Well In Life Even Though You Don’t Think So by policy12: 5:22pm On Oct 20, 2017
2. You are Sane

I bet you were not expecting this.

But sanity is a gift. And insanity does not mean only those who stroll on the streets naked although that too is sad.

But I’m saying that your brain works. Your mind is sound, rational and healthy.

The beauty of a sane mind is that you can learn. That means you can become anything you want to be.

And the ability to learn is a blessing.

The greatest wealth in Life is the ability to learn.
The issue with insanity is that it grounds you. It puts you on the same level forever until you get your sanity back.

That we have hope for a better job, marriage, children, increased salary, making impact or whatever nice thing we are hoping for all rides on the fact that we are sane.

Sorry this might make you moody but the point is be grateful.

And do say a prayer for those you know who need their minds back.

Re: 5 Signs You’re Doing Well In Life Even Though You Don’t Think So by policy12: 5:23pm On Oct 20, 2017
3. You have a bed to sleep
People who are familiar with life in Lagos will appreciate this point.

Sometimes last year, I left for work earlier than normal (around 5:00am) and on getting to streets leading to my office (Ikeja, Lagos) - I saw people sleeping on side steps, front porch of shops & buildings in the area.

I saw people sleeping on mats and hard card boards.

Some just woke up, while some were still at it. My heart tanked. That was the first time I will see such.

The parked tricycles homed some people and also parked trucks.

It was sad.

I don’t think you are in this position. I think and know you have a nice bed and a roof over your head.

I need not remind you of those transversing borders in Europe looking for new homes due to war.

But you are not.

Be grateful.

And say a prayer for the families in distress in North East Nigeria and in Europe.

Re: 5 Signs You’re Doing Well In Life Even Though You Don’t Think So by policy12: 5:25pm On Oct 20, 2017
4. You have got Peace

Writing this point made me somewhat sad.

Thinking of North East Nigeria and the horrible news that came out of Dalori and Buni Yadi some time ago is just...

During war or chaos everything is grounded.

No one is operating any business or posting new jobs. What job? To do what? Maybe to become a soldier but definitely not a Customer Care Officer at a Multinational in Lagos.

Nobody is promoting you or increasing your salary. The mind shifts from convenience to survival.

But you have peace. You are not worried of your safety.

No one is chasing you out of your home.

You should be grateful.

And pray for peace in Nigeria.

Re: 5 Signs You’re Doing Well In Life Even Though You Don’t Think So by policy12: 5:26pm On Oct 20, 2017
5. You have faith

This point will not seat well with most in other countries, but that’s their loss. We are Nigerians and we have faith here, people.

Any part of the divide you find yourself tells you that you have something higher than you. That you have a God who Has got your back.

I googled for the part of the Quran that says this and I saw:

“Verily We created man from a product of wet earth; then placed him as a drop (of seed) in a safe lodging; then We fashioned the drop into a clot, then We fashioned the clot into a little lump, then We fashioned the little lump into bones, then clothed the bones with flesh, and then produced it another creation. So blessed be Allah, the Best of Creators!” [23:12-14]
And I know the bible says:

“For I know the plans I have towards you are plans of good and not of evil, to give you hope and an expected end”. Jeremiah 29:11
So, hold on to your faith. It is your best bet.

You only have to play your own part and the author of your faith will play His.

In conclusion; Discovery is all about showing you the wisdom that will help you succeed in your career and business—but whatever we teach will not work if your mind is not set right.

Yes there are things you are not happy with—but hey, there is a lot more for you to be grateful for.
It’s always tempting to focus on the things not going well—know that this will not help. It never does.
Yes it is good not to accept the status quo. But let that feeling drive you to finding out how to change it.
Failure often implies some things were done wrong. Don’t be sad—just go find out how to do it right and apply what you learn. And you’ll be good.
Always remember that a lot of people will be glad to have the things you and I take for granted.

Think on these things.

What are you grateful for? I left mine in the comments - it's the first one.

Let's read yours.

Greaful for life.

Re: 5 Signs You’re Doing Well In Life Even Though You Don’t Think So by dyadeleye(m): 5:46pm On Oct 20, 2017
Im feeling alive again....
Thanks so much OP
May your days be long.

Something big will locate you this month.

(1) (Reply)

OPM Pastor Converts 36 Sex Workers & Bought Them Houses With Full Business Setup / How To Keep Your Facebook Account Safe From Hackers. / Turaki Of Adamawa's Heart Goes Out Every Month

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.