Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,341 members, 7,808,203 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:37 AM

I Need A Lawyer To Fight First Bank- CBN Is Not Helping Me - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Need A Lawyer To Fight First Bank- CBN Is Not Helping Me (1379 Views)

Sale Of Polaris Bank: CBN Sets Record Straight / First Bank: CBN Breaks Silence, Says No Individual Can Own The Bank / Reject Dirty Naira Notes From The Bank- CBN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need A Lawyer To Fight First Bank- CBN Is Not Helping Me by betclaire: 5:50pm On Oct 20, 2017
Hello house, please I need your help. As I believe Nairalanders can help the common Nigerian get justice. I need a lawyer to help me fight a case with First Bank.

I use Bettway a foreign betting company, and in September 2017, I requested payouts Beltway has shown me proof of payment that they have sent my money to my local bank which is First Bank, in fact according to the document, they had sent my money since 22nd of September 2017, its been almost 1month and I am yet to get credited by First Bank.

I reported this to CBN (whose website is a disappointment to complaints) but up till now they have not replied my emails, I also sent email to First Bank, when i started to copy CBN in my mails, First Bank began to respond, now First Bank is telling me they want to check with their international partners if the money is there after a month.

The most annoying part is that I received an SMS from First Bank telling me my complain has been solved. When I have not gotten any reasonable feedback from them.

I have all the evidence I need to take them to court and get a good compensation.

Also I would like to tell the world that CBN is negligent about the common man's plight, they don't respond to mails and the complaints box on their website is a huge disappointment.

Please a lawyer should guide me.

Thanks,

1 Like

Re: I Need A Lawyer To Fight First Bank- CBN Is Not Helping Me by betclaire: 5:54pm On Oct 20, 2017
Find SMS sent to me by First Bank

Imagine telling it my issue has been solved when I don't know what the solution was.

Re: I Need A Lawyer To Fight First Bank- CBN Is Not Helping Me by Florblu(f): 6:01pm On Oct 20, 2017
Go to Twitter please.
You gonna get reponse ASAP
Re: I Need A Lawyer To Fight First Bank- CBN Is Not Helping Me by harlee(m): 6:16pm On Oct 20, 2017
How much is the money

2 Likes

Re: I Need A Lawyer To Fight First Bank- CBN Is Not Helping Me by betclaire: 7:07pm On Oct 20, 2017
Florblu:
Go to Twitter please.

You gonna get reponse ASAP

Thanks, I will have this in mind, but I really help here.
Re: I Need A Lawyer To Fight First Bank- CBN Is Not Helping Me by betclaire: 7:09pm On Oct 20, 2017
harlee:
How much is the money

smiley that's not the point, even if its N20, its my sweat, imagine if they do the same to millions of ignorant citizens, we need to fight them and show them that we are not fools.

They waited until I cc'ed CBN before they started responding, because they felt I was ignorant of my right.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Need A Lawyer To Fight First Bank- CBN Is Not Helping Me by Chizzyjforce: 8:37pm On Oct 20, 2017
betclaire:
Hello house, please I need your help. As I believe Nairalanders can help the common Nigerian get justice. I need a lawyer to help me fight a case with First Bank.

I use Bettway a foreign betting company, and in September 2017, I requested payouts Beltway has shown me proof of payment that they have sent my money to my local bank which is First Bank, in fact according to the document, they had sent my money since 22nd of September 2017, its been almost 1month and I am yet to get credited by First Bank.

I reported this to CBN (whose website is a disappointment to complaints) but up till now they have not replied my emails, I also sent email to First Bank, when i started to copy CBN in my mails, First Bank began to respond, now First Bank is telling me they want to check with their international partners if the money is there after a month.

The most annoying part is that I received an SMS from First Bank telling me my complain has been solved. When I have not gotten any reasonable feedback from them.

I have all the evidence I need to take them to court and get a good compensation.

Also I would like to tell the world that CBN is negligent about the common man's plight, they don't respond to mails and the complaints box on their website is a huge disappointment.

Please a lawyer should guide me.

Thanks,

Simple English and you're here shouting. From the text message screenshot, they said
"on or before 23rd October". If you don't understand let me explain, they said that your issue will be resolved by Monday, 23rd October 2017. So I ask, oga what is today's date?
Why not wait till after 23rd before all these
Re: I Need A Lawyer To Fight First Bank- CBN Is Not Helping Me by JazzMode: 5:06am On Oct 21, 2017
Chizzyjforce:

Simple English and you're here shouting. From the text message screenshot, they said
"on or before 23rd October". If you don't understand let me explain, they said that your issue will be resolved by Monday, 23rd October 2017. So I ask, oga what is today's date?

True. But maybe out of frustration he is tyring to get support ahead of time, in case they still do not sort it out before the 23rd October deadline given like they already have been delaying him since about a month ago. Yet, a closer look at the last message shows they later claimed it has been resolved.
Re: I Need A Lawyer To Fight First Bank- CBN Is Not Helping Me by JazzMode: 5:11am On Oct 21, 2017
betclaire:
Find SMS sent to me by First Bank

Imagine telling it my issue has been solved when I don't know what the solution was.
Have you tried talking to them again after now being told it has been?
Re: I Need A Lawyer To Fight First Bank- CBN Is Not Helping Me by DAYTEECOM(m): 5:28am On Oct 21, 2017
they will still settle you i once had a problem with willhill ,the problem not from local bank is there agent that is using your money to flexx bro once the agent credit them they will credit you asap......patient rule
JazzMode:

Re: I Need A Lawyer To Fight First Bank- CBN Is Not Helping Me by JazzMode: 5:39am On Oct 21, 2017
DAYTEECOM:
they will still settle you i once had a problem with willhill ,the problem not from local bank is there agent that is using your money to flexx bro once the agent credit them they will credit you asap......patient rule

Dear, Not me but Op. If that is the case, the bank should be competent enough to find out where the issue lies, communicate to their customer and there should be a way to lias with the agent for them to do the needful.
Re: I Need A Lawyer To Fight First Bank- CBN Is Not Helping Me by betclaire: 9:12am On Oct 21, 2017
Chizzyjforce:

Do you work for First Bank or do you just like being unnecessary rude, these guys had delayed for a month, it takes me ranting out to get their attention, what if I wasnt online savvy, these would never have pay me!

So you think when they pay me I will let it lie, they must get punished so they don't repeat this act with millions of Nigerians out there.

How can you hold a customer's sweat at this difficult time and feel good about it. It was wrong of them.

And then they had the guts to send me an SMS saying they had resolved it.

1 Like

Re: I Need A Lawyer To Fight First Bank- CBN Is Not Helping Me by betclaire: 9:13am On Oct 21, 2017
JazzMode:

True. But maybe out of frustration he is tyring to get support ahead of time, in case they still do not sort it out before the 23rd October deadline given like they already have been delaying him since about a month ago. Yet, a closer look at the last message shows they later claimed it has been resolved.

God bless you for understanding my vex

1 Like

Re: I Need A Lawyer To Fight First Bank- CBN Is Not Helping Me by betclaire: 9:20am On Oct 21, 2017
JazzMode:

They posted a customer care line, and I tried calling two times but only received their jingles, imagine sending me a general line to call, it shows you they don't take such issues seriously.

I was so angry when I saw that I was being referred to their general line.

Very unprofessional, do you know at first I was thinking the fault was from Betway. So I reported the issue to Malta gambling regulators, you needed to see the way they treated me with respect, promised to resolve the issue, and they kept me in the loop of investigations, until we found out that Barclays bank have make transfer to my local bank since the 22nd of September.

Now First Bank is telling it has been resolved, it not detail explanation to where my money is.

Please get me a lawyer, I really want them to pay for all the stress I have been through.
Re: I Need A Lawyer To Fight First Bank- CBN Is Not Helping Me by betclaire: 9:25am On Oct 21, 2017
DAYTEECOM:

Thanks man but at this point I have lost patience with them, someone has caused me delay in receiving my sweat, some has to pay for it.
Re: I Need A Lawyer To Fight First Bank- CBN Is Not Helping Me by betclaire: 9:26am On Oct 21, 2017
JazzMode:

Dear, Not me but Op. If that is the case, the bank should be competent enough to find out where the issue lies, communicate to their customer and there should be a way to lias with the agent for them to do the needful.

God bless you, exactly my point.
Re: I Need A Lawyer To Fight First Bank- CBN Is Not Helping Me by JazzMode: 10:12am On Oct 21, 2017
betclaire:

God bless you for understanding my vex
Have you tried talking them directly by paying a physical visit? Also try other means of communicating with the Bank's to get their attention. Sorry for the troubles.
Re: I Need A Lawyer To Fight First Bank- CBN Is Not Helping Me by babaeto001(m): 11:37am On Oct 21, 2017
What currency is the expected inflow? Do you have a domiciliary account with Fbn?
Re: I Need A Lawyer To Fight First Bank- CBN Is Not Helping Me by kmaxx(m): 12:06pm On Oct 21, 2017
Oga Op.

Take your vexation to their twitter/fbk page! Threaten to give them a bad review online (+ a legal action).

You could try visiting any of their physical branch.

Enjoy!
Re: I Need A Lawyer To Fight First Bank- CBN Is Not Helping Me by betclaire: 9:00pm On Oct 21, 2017
kmaxx:
Oga Op.

Take your vexation to their twitter/fbk page! Threaten to give them a bad review online (+ a legal action).

You could try visiting any of their physical branch.

Enjoy!

Thanks man, at this point I have found a lawyer and he is studying the case.
Re: I Need A Lawyer To Fight First Bank- CBN Is Not Helping Me by betclaire: 9:03pm On Oct 21, 2017
babaeto001:
What currency is the expected inflow? Do you have a domiciliary account with Fbn?

Its being sent in $ but is suppose to enter as Naira in my local account, this is not the first time I am receiving money from First Bank from international companies. Its normally takes at most 3working days.

I believe they were negligent about this transaction.
Re: I Need A Lawyer To Fight First Bank- CBN Is Not Helping Me by betclaire: 9:05pm On Oct 21, 2017
JazzMode:

Have you tried talking them directly by paying a physical visit? Also try other means of communicating with the Bank's to get their attention. Sorry for the troubles.

Thanks, I have only used email and the customer care line they provided in their SMS, but in September I visit the nearest branch to me several times.
Re: I Need A Lawyer To Fight First Bank- CBN Is Not Helping Me by JazzMode: 9:10pm On Oct 21, 2017
betclaire:

Thanks, I have only used email and the customer care line they provided in their SMS, but in September I visit the nearest branch to me several times.
Try physical visit to their head office if you stay close by. I'm not a lawyer though.

Also explore social media handles and similar platforms like Twitter where they seek good wills of their of their customers. Don't forget to be polite yet firm about it. All the best.
Re: I Need A Lawyer To Fight First Bank- CBN Is Not Helping Me by BigPappi(m): 12:05am On Oct 22, 2017
Chizzyjforce:

Lol... After reading your comment it appears you are the one that cant comprehend what you read.
Why should he wait for the date when they sent a message stating the issue has been resolved when it hasn't.

Next time try and read something properly and understand it before you throw these kind of comments in public.

Mr Simple English lol

1 Like

Re: I Need A Lawyer To Fight First Bank- CBN Is Not Helping Me by betclaire: 8:43pm On Oct 22, 2017
BigPappi:

Lol... After reading your comment it appears you are the one that cant comprehend what you read.
Why should he wait for the date when they sent a message stating the issue has been resolved when it hasn't.

Next time try and read something properly and understand it before you throw these kind of comments in public.

Mr Simple English lol

I am humbled to have your contribution, when the guy commented, I was wondering if he was high.

How can a professional body such as First Bank send an SMS stating that an issue has been resolved, without clearly communicating what the solution was, before or along with the SMS.
Re: I Need A Lawyer To Fight First Bank- CBN Is Not Helping Me by Goddys(m): 2:03am On Oct 23, 2017
Good you have got a lawyer. Tell your lawyer to ask for general and special damages on the interest accruable from the the deposited sum. If your lawyer is very competent, I assure you that he will force the hand of FBN.
Your lawyer should also write to the regulatory bodies like CBN etc.

Are you certain you could afford the service of a lawyer for these because no lawyer would take such case pro bono

(1) (Reply)

Sodium Bromide By Product Supplier Needed / Build Residual Income Here!!! / Banking On Local Made Products

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.