Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,370 members, 7,781,022 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:36 AM

Next Time Igbos Call Yoruba Cowards,betrayal,show Them This - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Next Time Igbos Call Yoruba Cowards,betrayal,show Them This (19549 Views)

Gambari The Slap Next Time: Femi Adesina Article Against Ibrahim Gambari In 2008 / Why Do Igbos Call Certain Part Of Other People's State "No Man's Land?" / U.N Denounce Quit Notice Targeting Igbos, Call For Prosecution Of Perpetrators (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Next Time Igbos Call Yoruba Cowards,betrayal,show Them This by icon007(m): 12:40pm On Oct 21, 2017
fabre4:

Calling Igbo's a race made me so proud that I'd ignore every other thing you posted but just knw nothing last forever you will need Igbo's help one day... do not let the stupid legacies of Awolowo and Azikiwe separate the south

'separate the south'... since when have they been together That is the tactics of the 'UNITED NORTH'. U know it and I know it. But then, u know nothing js

1 Like

Re: Next Time Igbos Call Yoruba Cowards,betrayal,show Them This by robotix: 12:50pm On Oct 21, 2017
CrtlAltDel:
We all know from day 1 who the real cowards are… Yorubas have always been freedom fighters, we have Yorubas (Soyinka) who went to jail for thier struggle(Biafra) …..Col Banjo did same….. Ask them to name 1 igbo that has done qtr they will instead resort to insults
Fela Anikulapo Kuti is another.

3 Likes

Re: Next Time Igbos Call Yoruba Cowards,betrayal,show Them This by GavelSlam: 12:51pm On Oct 21, 2017
I'm not against peace but this new found love igbos (or should I say Ipob lovers) have been professing for Yorubas lately is highly suspicious.

What is cooking?

Elections of 2019?

Perhaps a view beyond that period.

What rankles is actually the fact that they are making overtures to the Yorubas whilst ramping up their negative rhetoric of the Northerners.

Something doesn't smell right.

3 Likes

Re: Next Time Igbos Call Yoruba Cowards,betrayal,show Them This by vengertime: 12:58pm On Oct 21, 2017
menace1:
NEXT TIME IGBOS CALL YORUBAS COWARDS, BETRAYALS, SHOW THEM THIS POST...

During the June 12, 1993 Presidential election, Abiola won only Anambra State, the other South East States voted for Tofa (a northerner). Cross River, Delta, Edo voted for Abiola. An Igbo person (Arthur Nzeribe) got an overnight black-market judgment to annul Abiola's election; when it was becoming obvious that he would win.

Note that the Igbo man together with a northerner (the judge) and military dictator IBB(another northerner) saw to the annulment of the election. I need not remind you that the Electoral Chairman (Professor Humphrey Nwosu ) at that time was also an Igbo man. In 2008 he published a book in which he claimed that Babangida was not to blame for annulling the election.

During the fights to restore democracy, great Nigerians like Frank Kokori, Alfred Rewane, Ken Saro Wiwa, Kudirat Abiola, Gani Fawehinmi, Abraham Adesanya, Wole Soyinka and other democracy activists fought against Abacha. Some of them were killed, others hounded out of the country, Odumegwu Ojukwu and his colleagues were busy frolicking with Abacha, he even traveled to the US at a time to shore up the image of Abacha (a northerner who was trying to turn himself into a democratic life-president).
That reminds me, another "Kanu" back then organized the "Youth Earnestly Ask for Abacha" rally. Onyeka Onwenu sang the praises of Abacha at the rally.

These guys wined and dined with the conservative northern oligarchs back in the day; but now that the arrangement is no longer suitable, they think burning down the country should be the only way out. Me think, that is childish; only infants try to scatter the game when they lose.

Till date, no Yoruba group has come out to call Igbo people "betrayals", "cowards" or "animals" for the action of some Igbo elites. We understand that the elites do not represent an entire ethnic group.

Next time, they call Yoruba people betrayals show them this post; next time they call us cowards, tell them, the only successful offensive ever undertaken by Biafra against Nigerian territory was led by a Yoruba man, Victor Banjo. Remind them also that cowards don't build empires.

They should also be reminded that their enemy is not the man from the other tribe, but their own "elites". They should learn to hold their leaders to account.
Skull Miners are useless

Re: Next Time Igbos Call Yoruba Cowards,betrayal,show Them This by slimfit1(m): 1:07pm On Oct 21, 2017
Kundagarten:
The Abiola the @op is talking about, won an election but his slave masters up north said no, and there was nothing they could do about it.

What have you done about Kanu
Re: Next Time Igbos Call Yoruba Cowards,betrayal,show Them This by ElsonMorali: 1:10pm On Oct 21, 2017
fabre4:

You are right and the funny thing is they are playing the simplest trick in the book divide and conquer

That's right. And we keep falling for it all the time. So sad.

1 Like

Re: Next Time Igbos Call Yoruba Cowards,betrayal,show Them This by fabre4: 2:36pm On Oct 21, 2017
icon007:

'separate the south'... since when have they been together That is the tactics of the 'UNITED NORTH'. U know it and I know it. But then, u know nothing js

How do you propose the south unite
Re: Next Time Igbos Call Yoruba Cowards,betrayal,show Them This by fabre4: 2:38pm On Oct 21, 2017
GavelSlam:
I'm not against peace but this new found love igbos (or should I say Ipob lovers) have been professing for Yorubas lately is highly suspicious.

What is cooking?

Elections of 2019?

What rankles is actually the fact that they are making overtures to the Yorubas whilst ramping up their negative rhetoric of the Northerners.

I love Biafra
But only as a backup plan in case a united south doesn't work
Re: Next Time Igbos Call Yoruba Cowards,betrayal,show Them This by Belafonte(m): 2:45pm On Oct 21, 2017
TheGoodJoe:
During the June 12, 1993 Presidential election, Abiola won only Anambra State, the other South East States voted for Tofa (a northerner).

This is the most chilling part in the whole article.

Yet, the eternal idiotic pigs will claim Yoruba are "betrayers".
Re: Next Time Igbos Call Yoruba Cowards,betrayal,show Them This by bigpicture001: 2:47pm On Oct 21, 2017
...hey..! yorubas should leave tribalism alone..it is not food..everytime you guyz are hating...don't you people get tired...?
Re: Next Time Igbos Call Yoruba Cowards,betrayal,show Them This by Belafonte(m): 2:49pm On Oct 21, 2017
vengertime:

Skull Miners are useless

As a Yoruba, I agree.

Drug peddlers are also useless.

You're welcome. kiss

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Next Time Igbos Call Yoruba Cowards,betrayal,show Them This by Belafonte(m): 2:51pm On Oct 21, 2017
bigpicture001:
...hey..! yorubas should leave tribalism alone..it is not food..everytime you guyz are hating...don't you people get tired...?

Yet, Yoruba aren't the ones namecalling other tribes. Giving them such wonderful titles as yorobastard, Yoruba Moslem, afonja, hydraulic soup eaters, etc. Surely, you appreciate the principle of give and take?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Next Time Igbos Call Yoruba Cowards,betrayal,show Them This by bigpicture001: 3:00pm On Oct 21, 2017
Belafonte:

Yet, Yoruba aren't the ones namecalling other tribes. Giving them such wonderful titles as yorobastard, Yoruba Moslem, afonja, hydraulic soup eaters, etc. Surely, you appreciate the principle of give and take?
..of cuz they didn't create the names..but all am saying is that this feud shld stop...at least among the youths..the elders that fought the war..would all soon die off..let the youths not carry on

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Next Time Igbos Call Yoruba Cowards,betrayal,show Them This by Belafonte(m): 3:10pm On Oct 21, 2017
bigpicture001:
..of cuz they didn't create the names..but all am saying is that this feud shld stop...at least among the youths..the elders that fought the war..would all soon die off..let the youths not carry on

It is igbo youth who have refused to use their heads and stop Kanu right in his tracks. Everybody knows Yoruba have no time for beef with anybody and generally laid back and fun-loving. If anything, this Biafra episode has opened the eyes of Yoruba youth to how disdainfully igbos regard us.

We now relate with you lot with extreme caution. Blame yourselves for whatever is left of the yoruba-igbo relationship. Congratulations, you race of superior super humans.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Next Time Igbos Call Yoruba Cowards,betrayal,show Them This by Edu3Again: 3:13pm On Oct 21, 2017
GavelSlam:

What is cooking?

Elections of 2019?

We simply did an analysis.

We need to identify the real enemy.

So Yorubas how many times have you heard Igbo people went about to kill Yorubas?

Also So Igbos how many times have you heard Yoruba people went about to kill Igbos?

Now please Yorubas, Niger Delta & Igbos; how many times have Northers killed any of you.

Thats how yoiu know who is your real enemy.

2 Likes

Re: Next Time Igbos Call Yoruba Cowards,betrayal,show Them This by bigpicture001: 3:27pm On Oct 21, 2017
Belafonte:

It is igbo youth who have refused to use their heads and stop Kanu right in his tracks. Everybody knows Yoruba have no time for beef with anybody and generally laid back and fun-loving. If anything, this Biafra episode has opened the eyes of Yoruba youth to how disdainfully igbos regard us.

We now relate with you lot with extreme caution. Blame yourselves for whatever is left of the yoruba-igbo relationship. Congratulations, you race of superior super humans.
..honestly..u are biasd...do the agberos in yoruba land represent the very views of yoruba ppl..? if not,then y then does ipob..which even the igbos dread now become so vital to how you view the igbos..you refused to judge them by the responsible ones.but prefer thier touts view...I am a yoruba..and in ma family..we are taught to hate the igbos...I take it its rising from hate during the war..wen our parents are youths..but a lot if other yorubas have swallows the hate pill and keep hating
Re: Next Time Igbos Call Yoruba Cowards,betrayal,show Them This by Belafonte(m): 4:10pm On Oct 21, 2017
bigpicture001:
..honestly..u are biasd...do the agberos in yoruba land represent the very views of yoruba ppl..? if not,then y then does ipob..which even the igbos dread now become so vital to how you view the igbos..you refused to judge them by the responsible ones.but prefer thier touts view...I am a yoruba..and in ma family..we are taught to hate the igbos...I take it its rising from hate during the war..wen our parents are youths..but a lot if other yorubas have swallows the hate pill and keep hating

This is a false equivalence. You don't see millions of Yoruba people supporting miscreants and riffraff. What we saw, though, was millions of igbo, purportedly educated igbo support Kanu and his band of swine. Is there any yoruba person on nairaland who has shown support for agbero? Yet, we see igbos who supported and still support IPOB.

And yes, I am biased.

In my family, we are/weren't taught to hate any tribe. In fact, there are a lot of intertribal marriages in my extended family.

The truth is igbos do not like yorubas. Period. I cannot make them like us, and I don't have to like them either.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Next Time Igbos Call Yoruba Cowards,betrayal,show Them This by GavelSlam: 6:11pm On Oct 21, 2017
fabre4:

I love Biafra
But only as a backup plan in case a united south doesn't work

There's nothing like United south.

There's Nigeria, which we are all trying to see work (some more than others), and there are at least 6 other countries if that fails.

There's a certain level of hate and sacrilege many of you have espoused over 2 years that no one in his right mind can trust.

I can't lie, I do not forsee any tribe trusting you guys this generation.

We may begin to tolerate each other but love would take generations to build depending on performance.

1 Like

Re: Next Time Igbos Call Yoruba Cowards,betrayal,show Them This by GavelSlam: 6:16pm On Oct 21, 2017
Belafonte:

There was a thread I saw yesterday on a 9 year old falsely accused by his auntie of defiling his sister.

The boy became a victim of abuse.

All the actors in this episode were igbo.Yet, I noticed that not a single person who contributed turned it into a tribal war.

Honestly, this shows the level of maturity most tribes display but for Ipob.
Re: Next Time Igbos Call Yoruba Cowards,betrayal,show Them This by Yorobastard(m): 7:37pm On Oct 21, 2017
Belafonte:

Brother, why you dey disturb me nah
Re: Next Time Igbos Call Yoruba Cowards,betrayal,show Them This by Belafonte(m): 9:40pm On Oct 21, 2017
undecided
Yorobastard:

Brother, why you dey disturb me nah

Baba, abeg no vex. grin

1 Like

Re: Next Time Igbos Call Yoruba Cowards,betrayal,show Them This by Belafonte(m): 9:46pm On Oct 21, 2017
GavelSlam:

There was a thread I saw yesterday on a 9 year old falsely accused by his auntie of defiling his sister.

The boy became a victim of abuse.

All the actors in this episode were igbo.Yet, I noticed that not a single person who contributed turned it into a tribal war.

Honestly, this shows the level of maturity most tribes display but for Ipob.

Their problems with other tribes are largely self-inflicted. They assume they deserve things just because they desire them and other just have to acquiesce, and failure to guve in to them is a sign of hatred or betrayal. They are a group I find fascinating.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Next Time Igbos Call Yoruba Cowards,betrayal,show Them This by RaaGhu: 9:48pm On Oct 21, 2017
Hmmm...Very Deep!

zinizta:
How Do You Argue With A Person Who Possess This Kind Of Mentality
Re: Next Time Igbos Call Yoruba Cowards,betrayal,show Them This by Yorobastard(m): 9:53pm On Oct 21, 2017
Belafonte:
undecided

Baba, abeg no vex. grin

Hmmm...just this time ooh....next time n.a. money you go pay $50 cheesy wink
Re: Next Time Igbos Call Yoruba Cowards,betrayal,show Them This by Belafonte(m): 10:00pm On Oct 21, 2017
Yorobastard:

Hmmm...just this time ooh....next time n.a. money you go pay $50 cheesy wink

Yes, uncle.
Re: Next Time Igbos Call Yoruba Cowards,betrayal,show Them This by Nobody: 10:36pm On Oct 21, 2017
sirBLUNT:
this is rubbish is this to cause some more tribal E war or what? may sense fall on you!
you want to run away from the truth, igbo, na thier way, yeye people

1 Like

Re: Next Time Igbos Call Yoruba Cowards,betrayal,show Them This by fabre4: 10:58pm On Oct 21, 2017
GavelSlam:

There's nothing like United south.

There's Nigeria, which we are all trying to see work (some more than others), and there are at least 6 other countries if that fails.

There's a certain level of hate and sacrilege many of you have espoused over 2 years that no one in his right mind can trust.

I can't lie, I do not forsee any tribe trusting you guys this generation.

We may begin to tolerate each other but love would take generations to be build depending on performance.

Well the feeling is mutual and relationship is built on trust and if there is no trust then no need to fight for the unity of this country. But on the other hand if the South can look past their differences then they could unite. BTW with the way you say we on would think you speak on behalf of the whole South
Re: Next Time Igbos Call Yoruba Cowards,betrayal,show Them This by GavelSlam: 11:07pm On Oct 21, 2017
fabre4:

Well the feeling is mutual and relationship is built on trust and if there is no trust then no need to fight for the unity of this country. But on the other hand if the South can look past their differences then they could unite. BTW with the way you say we on would think you speak on behalf of the whole South

The south doesn't need to unite.

The entire country needs unity.

The moment you start to separate one from the group it is certain other groups would fallout.
Re: Next Time Igbos Call Yoruba Cowards,betrayal,show Them This by honeychild(f): 11:34pm On Oct 21, 2017
bigpicture001:

How many agberos have you seen getting the kind of support Nnamdi KANU with his hate speech has been getting?
How many Yoruba's have you seen supporting agberos on social media the way educated igbos have been supporting Nnamdi KANU.

And I do not believe you are Yoruba and taught to hate Igbos. Yoruba had no time for hatred. Most of us actually admired the Igbo's. No yorubas ever hated the igbos during the war. Growing up, the stories i heard from the older generation was about how the igbos were unfairly treated. The entire sympathy was with the igbos. But not anymore.
For me as a Yoruba lady, these past two years have really been an eye opener to see the way the Igbos truly view my people. And unfortunately we will never forget.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Next Time Igbos Call Yoruba Cowards,betrayal,show Them This by honeychild(f): 11:37pm On Oct 21, 2017
Belafonte:

This is a false equivalence. You don't see millions of Yoruba people supporting miscreants and riffraff. What we saw, though, was millions of igbo, purportedly educated igbo support Kanu and his band of swine. Is there any yoruba person on nairaland who has shown support for agbero? Yet, we see igbos who supported and still support IPOB.

And yes, I am biased.

In my family, we are/weren't taught to hate any tribe. In fact, there are a lot of intertribal marriages in my extended family.

The truth is igbos do not like yorubas. Period. I cannot make them like us, and I don't have to like them either.

Exactly. I don't know how they were raised to harbour such hatred. We were never taught to hate any tribe. The amount of hate coming from Igbo's was a genuine shock to me.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Next Time Igbos Call Yoruba Cowards,betrayal,show Them This by shallysgirl: 12:18am On Oct 22, 2017
You are still here singing this Rabbish. Bla bla bla sheep
python1:
[s][/s]
Dis one no go fly, talk another one.
Out of the 18 yrs of civil rule, the yorubas have had 8 yrs as president and presently vice president. Obasanjo is a kingmaker today in Nigeria, are you in doubt? How many years have the hausas ruled within same period? Now, you that is not a slave, how many years have you ruled? Even vice sef, you no see. grin
Stop dragging people into the fight you single handedly sought after. cheesy
Wetin the op dey ask be say, where were these "brave people" during Abacha regime? undecided
Re: Next Time Igbos Call Yoruba Cowards,betrayal,show Them This by shallysgirl: 12:23am On Oct 22, 2017
Yoruba people and chestbeating.
What has Igbos done to you?
Tribal insults are thrown both ways so why create such thread?
Anyone who chooses to call yorubas cowards will still do even on this thread and those who also wish to call Igbos names will still do, so nothing changes. As far as we cannot be civil with one another, the insults will continue.
Michael004:
Igbo people and mouth.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sanwo-Olu: Land Transactions In Lagos To Go Fully Digital Next Year / 2023: 6 Former Governors Eyeing APC Chairmanship Seat / Obasanjo Used False Corruption Allegation To Tarnish Atiku's Image - Northerners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.