Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,360 members, 7,808,251 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:25 AM

Multiple Stones Removed From A Lady's Bladder (Graphic Photo) - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Multiple Stones Removed From A Lady's Bladder (Graphic Photo) (54060 Views)

Giant 400-Gram Bladder Stone Surgically Removed From Vietnamese Woman (Graphic) / China: Man's Bladder Explodes, Fell Asleep For 18 Hrs After Drinking Excess Beer / Coronavirus: Body Of Nigerian Nurse In US Removed From Her Home (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Multiple Stones Removed From A Lady's Bladder (Graphic Photo) by Nobody: 1:06pm On Oct 21, 2017
Benita27:
It's only in Nigeria where someone would have stones in the gall bladder but would be busy treating ulcer, just as most Typhoid cases are taken for malaria 'till it's late. Thank God for your life.

Gall bladder stones are common, but these are big.
Re: Multiple Stones Removed From A Lady's Bladder (Graphic Photo) by Nobody: 1:06pm On Oct 21, 2017
Re: Multiple Stones Removed From A Lady's Bladder (Graphic Photo) by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 1:07pm On Oct 21, 2017
Alphagan:

In this case, you can't do more than what a Pharmacist will do if the patient is financially handicapped to pay for test(s).

If that is the scope of your knowledge then you are off track.
There are deductive and inductive methods in medicine sir, no chemist or pharmacist will see what I or another trained doctor will see given the same patient.
Re: Multiple Stones Removed From A Lady's Bladder (Graphic Photo) by Nobody: 1:24pm On Oct 21, 2017
Frenchfriez:

I believe you're a grown arse graduate yet you talk like une analphabetique. Did you care to find out where she was previously diagnosed and treated of ulcers? I bet in a chemist or with quacks.
Cholelithiasis presents first with similar signs as ulcers and thus would be mistaken for it by quacks. But ofcus, if she went to a proper hospital, a high index of suspicion for gall stones would be gotten from the history and even basic investigations like an ultrasound scan.
Next time you wanna critique Nigerian doctors, first think outside the box and prove to yourself that you have an IQ greater than that within the MR range.
Do I look like a medical practitioner to you?. What I stated was an observation, and doesn't call for denigration as I didn't insult your profession. Next time quote me like a literate.
Re: Multiple Stones Removed From A Lady's Bladder (Graphic Photo) by joeGH: 1:25pm On Oct 21, 2017
Gallstones, medically termed cholelithiasis or biliary calculi refers to collection of crystallized components of bile (produced by the liver and stored in the gallbladder for the emulsification of fat) within the gallbladder.
There are two types:
1. Cholesterol stones: Cholesterol is a normal constituent of bile. This cholesterol (fat) requires to be broken down by another constituent known as lecithin or bile acid so it can be excreted through faeces n little amount through urine. If the bile acid seems to be less, the cholesterol tends to build-up forming aggregates of cholesterol n eventually solidifying leading to gallstones.
2. Pigment stones: This is the 2nd type of gallstones. Also in the bile is what is known as bilirubin which is obtained from the haemolysis (breakdown of red blood cells (RBCs). When there is excessive break-down of RBCs or pre-mature break-down, the over-all bilirubin concentration in the bile tends to elevate excessively with their accumulation forming gallstones with time.
-Other possible causes may include obstructive conditions of the bile ducts as well as conditions that predispose one to pre-mature RBC haemolysis.
-signs n symptoms may include severe abdominal pains, tenderness, clay-colored stool, pale urine, jaundice n steatorrhoea (stool surrounded by fat, among others).
-To control gallstones formation, reduce intake of cholesterol, individuals with conditions that predispose them to pre-mature RBCs haemolysis such as sickle cell, polycythemia n even severe malaria should be managed appropriately. Also, obese individuals should be encouraged to reduce weight through exercise n dieting.

1 Like

Re: Multiple Stones Removed From A Lady's Bladder (Graphic Photo) by joinnow: 1:25pm On Oct 21, 2017
shocked tiger nuts aka akiahuasa. She has been swallowing tiger nuts and watermelon. tongue
Re: Multiple Stones Removed From A Lady's Bladder (Graphic Photo) by Amanyanabo(m): 1:28pm On Oct 21, 2017
widepussy:
I can bet my tits that those are offio.
lol, offio. i miss saying it, OFFIO!!, where i dy now dem dey cal am hausa groundnut
Re: Multiple Stones Removed From A Lady's Bladder (Graphic Photo) by shankara7: 1:30pm On Oct 21, 2017
widepussy:
I can bet my tits that those are offio.
Your moniker though..
Re: Multiple Stones Removed From A Lady's Bladder (Graphic Photo) by Nobody: 1:32pm On Oct 21, 2017
shankara7:
Your moniker though..
what's up with it?
Re: Multiple Stones Removed From A Lady's Bladder (Graphic Photo) by OmoOsanyin: 1:37pm On Oct 21, 2017
Thank God for you.

The stones however could also have been removed from the gall bladder successfully, painlessly, within 48 hours without surgery. You also get to keep your gallbladder which of course has its function, hence God put it there.

Most doctors home and abroad are not equipped with The Noble Art of Medicine.
Generally you have medical practitioners, however few, very few know the art of medicine.
This also includes most traditional medicine practitioners.

I tell people that if ill, do not pray for the hospital or clinic with most sophisticated equipments and fancy building coupled with media support and praise, etc. But to pray God guide them to a practitioner with the gift and knowledge of the true Art of Medicine even if such person has never stepped in the grounds of a medical school.

The true physician is he that can heal or cure dis-ease without butchery.
The use of the knife for treatment is super especially when its an emergency and life threatening. But most surgeries aren't necessary with knowledge.

From the moment any body part is removed by surgery, though the patient heals, the body functions in deficit, tasking other organs to work extra which may with time also wear them out.

Most importantly, the body produced the dis-ease. It thus have learnt how to do this from within. While surgery as already touched on plays a most crucial service, including buying time and prolonging life, it however doesn't address the source and cause of the dis-ease in the first place.

With time and favoring conditions, it's only practical to think the body may reproduce the disease in same place or a different location, with probably different name and symptoms, but with same original unaddressed source and cause.

May God guide us all accordingly and watch over us.
Re: Multiple Stones Removed From A Lady's Bladder (Graphic Photo) by Mckandre(m): 1:58pm On Oct 21, 2017
nevilbot:

They are not literal stones u see on d streets but hardened deposit of bile juice which is a normal digestive juice produced by d gall bladder. The juice hardens and form stone like structures when dia is an obstruction of d bile duct which restricts d easy flow of d juice out after production .
calling dem crystals would be more self explanatory to some.
Re: Multiple Stones Removed From A Lady's Bladder (Graphic Photo) by 2aces(m): 3:02pm On Oct 21, 2017
fancifulasuquo:

Her village people at work
Village ppl ke, there must be a medical explanation for this naw
Re: Multiple Stones Removed From A Lady's Bladder (Graphic Photo) by Gregdcutie(m): 3:54pm On Oct 21, 2017
OmoOsanyin:
Thank God for you.

The stones however could also have been removed from the gall bladder successfully, painlessly, within 48 hours without surgery. You also get to keep your gallbladder which of course has its function, hence God put it there.

Most doctors home and abroad are not equipped with The Noble Art of Medicine.
Generally you have medical practitioners, however few, very few know the art of medicine.
This also includes most traditional medicine practitioners.

I tell people that if ill, do not pray for the hospital or clinic with most sophisticated equipments and fancy building coupled with media support and praise, etc. But to pray God guide them to a practitioner with the gift and knowledge of the true Art of Medicine even if such person has never stepped in the grounds of a medical school.

The true physician is he that can heal or cure dis-ease without butchery.
The use of the knife for treatment is super especially when its an emergency and life threatening. But most surgeries aren't necessary with knowledge.

From the moment any body part is removed by surgery, though the patient heals, the body functions in deficit, tasking other organs to work extra which may with time also wear them out.

Most importantly, the body produced the dis-ease. It thus have learnt how to do this from within. While surgery as already touched on plays a most crucial service, including buying time and prolonging life, it however doesn't address the source and cause of the dis-ease in the first place.

With time and favoring conditions, it's only practical to think the body may reproduce the disease in same place or a different location, with probably different name and symptoms, but with same original unaddressed source and cause.

May God guide us all accordingly and watch over us.
See all the nonsense this one is spewing
Re: Multiple Stones Removed From A Lady's Bladder (Graphic Photo) by edupedia: 3:58pm On Oct 21, 2017
Benita27:
It's only in Nigeria where someone would have stones in the gall bladder but would be busy treating ulcer, just as most Typhoid cases are taken for malaria 'till it's late. Thank God for your life.

....but no be the same naija dem comot am?...u do not know the quality of doctor or hospital she was using before the surgery but u just laik to abuse naija....NTA don't tell u the change must begin with u!...
Re: Multiple Stones Removed From A Lady's Bladder (Graphic Photo) by enemyofprogress: 4:02pm On Oct 21, 2017
2aces:
Pls how does one get to have so much stones in the badder o shocked
he was always having stones as dinner
Re: Multiple Stones Removed From A Lady's Bladder (Graphic Photo) by Nobody: 4:05pm On Oct 21, 2017
thank you Jesus
Re: Multiple Stones Removed From A Lady's Bladder (Graphic Photo) by HillsBlaze(m): 4:49pm On Oct 21, 2017
2aces:
When you not drinking enough water is one.
Re: Multiple Stones Removed From A Lady's Bladder (Graphic Photo) by Slaveman343: 5:07pm On Oct 21, 2017
Benita27:
Do I look like a medical practitioner to you?. What I stated was an observation, and doesn't call for denigration as I didn't insult your profession. Next time quote me like a literate.
Na wa o. Any small thing people like you go just generalise am. Person fvck up, to u Nigerians fvck up. Na wa o. Na so u hate Naija reach
Re: Multiple Stones Removed From A Lady's Bladder (Graphic Photo) by FromZeroToHero(m): 5:42pm On Oct 21, 2017
how did they get in there
Re: Multiple Stones Removed From A Lady's Bladder (Graphic Photo) by dragunov: 6:47pm On Oct 21, 2017
2aces:

When you eat stones while thinking it is chin chin.
Re: Multiple Stones Removed From A Lady's Bladder (Graphic Photo) by mechanics(m): 7:16pm On Oct 21, 2017
Thank God the operation was successful.
Re: Multiple Stones Removed From A Lady's Bladder (Graphic Photo) by OmoOsanyin: 7:27pm On Oct 21, 2017
Gregdcutie:
See all the nonsense this one is spewing

Funny thing about opinions being assholes as everyone got one. Even the ignorant.
Interesting.

Have a nice day.
Re: Multiple Stones Removed From A Lady's Bladder (Graphic Photo) by 2aces(m): 9:16pm On Oct 21, 2017
dragunov:

When you eat stones while thinking it is chin chin.
cheesy
Re: Multiple Stones Removed From A Lady's Bladder (Graphic Photo) by Nobody: 10:38pm On Oct 21, 2017
Benita27:
you actually insulted the profession
Re: Multiple Stones Removed From A Lady's Bladder (Graphic Photo) by Nobody: 10:52pm On Oct 21, 2017
funmisticqueen:
you actually insulted the profession
I don't remember where I did. It's not like they're better than their foreign counterparts, else why would Buhari travel out to get an ear infection treated?. Now, I just did.
Re: Multiple Stones Removed From A Lady's Bladder (Graphic Photo) by Rhea(f): 11:10pm On Oct 21, 2017
Sakie:
Simeon christana barbie who shared her testimony on Facebook claims to have lived with the Sickness for over ten years but recently had a surgery and came out alive.Her gull bladder was filled with stones but was diagonised of ulcer many times which was not the case.

See screenshots below

Gall stones are a common occurrence and nothing to worry about unless they cause trouble (by blocking the cystic duct or any other duct down the road). It is like grey hair. It comes with age and faster too if you drink too much fatty food. I am sure some bloody pastor is already making noise about this, while some old woman in the village is being accused of 'winching' somebody with gall stones. grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Multiple Stones Removed From A Lady's Bladder (Graphic Photo) by win2kwire: 11:43pm On Oct 21, 2017
Benita27:

for where?
Most illnesses in Nigeria are blamed on witches, spiritual enemies, jealously, devil, Lucifer, in-laws. A lot will be spent on juju and private jet pastors before hospital is considered.
Re: Multiple Stones Removed From A Lady's Bladder (Graphic Photo) by win2kwire: 11:47pm On Oct 21, 2017
2aces:

Go think what Nigerians eat,
90% banned by world health organization. animal intestine, bush meat, cow foot from gutter, worst parts of animals, gari, rice and beans filled with sand...dirty street foods, fake borehole water and other toxic waste products imported by igbo criminal businessmen
Re: Multiple Stones Removed From A Lady's Bladder (Graphic Photo) by Nobody: 6:50am On Oct 22, 2017
Benita27:
I don't remember where I did. It's not like they're better than their foreign counterparts, else why would Buhari travel out to get an ear infection treated?. Now, I just did.
i wouldnt even engage in a tête à tête with you cos no matter how much you insult medicine, it is still one of the oldest and most noble of professions. Lions do not concern themselves with the opinions of sheep. Food for thought, the chances of you going abroad and meeting a nigerian doctor is quite high therefore it is not a matter of the nigerian doctor, but of nigeria. Keep eating the very green nigerian grass. Good day.
Re: Multiple Stones Removed From A Lady's Bladder (Graphic Photo) by DesChyko: 6:58am On Oct 22, 2017
ultron12345:
Na wa o.....she couldn't even acknowledge the doctors who did all the hardwork, after toiling for hours in the theatre, they were just sidelined.......not even a single paragraph or sentence to acknowledge them.........na wa o

I think she did in the most meaningful way.
Check their bank balance.
Re: Multiple Stones Removed From A Lady's Bladder (Graphic Photo) by Nobody: 7:00am On Oct 22, 2017
Sakie:
Simeon christana barbie who shared her testimony on Facebook claims to have lived with the Sickness for over ten years but recently had a surgery and came out alive.Her gull bladder was filled with stones but was diagonised of ulcer many times which was not the case.

See screenshots below
by the way there is a difference between a bladder and a gall bladder, pls can you correct that, thanks
Re: Multiple Stones Removed From A Lady's Bladder (Graphic Photo) by DesChyko: 7:00am On Oct 22, 2017
win2kwire:

Go think what Nigerians eat,
90% banned by world health organization. animal intestine, bush meat, cow foot from gutter, worst parts of animals, gari, rice and beans filled with sand...dirty street foods, fake borehole water and other toxic waste products imported by igbo criminal businessmen

I hope you're not a doctor. Even elementary Biology doesn't agree with your submission.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

First Successful Head Transplant Carried Out On A Corpse In China / Should I Take Postinor 2 Everytime? / Family Of Five Plagued With Madness In Cross River In New Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.