Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,283 members, 7,807,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:45 PM

'Grinding' Sound On Engine - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 'Grinding' Sound On Engine (1900 Views)

Advise needed on engine oil usage / Get 20% Discount On ENGINE Today. Call 0909995678 For More Info!! / Help My 98 Camry Vibrate On Engine On D, More On AC On (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

'Grinding' Sound On Engine by ugreat(m): 11:24am On Oct 21, 2017
Hello gurus,
After changing my '95 Honda accord (Bullet) shaft(drivers side) I'm experiencing a grinding motion on the same side,like two metals are having friction against each other and the movement is not smooth at all. Please any suggestion please?
Re: 'Grinding' Sound On Engine by ugreat(m): 4:03pm On Oct 23, 2017
The update to this is my mechanic said the back engine seating is bad. Please bros, is this correct?
Re: 'Grinding' Sound On Engine by thebigkendo(m): 12:32pm On Oct 24, 2017
ugreat:
Hello gurus,
After changing my '95 Honda accord (Bullet) shaft(drivers side) I'm experiencing a grinding motion on the same side,like two metals are having friction against each other and the movement is not smooth at all. Please any suggestion please?

sultaan timifakay kingreign AutoElectNG Kashif adanny01 luvinhubby mayor2013 honmusa GAZZUZZ
Re: 'Grinding' Sound On Engine by ugreat(m): 11:56am On Nov 24, 2017
Thanks thebigkendo. Unfortunately no one responded to this query. All the torn engine mounts have been replaced still problem persist. I have tried three mechs so far, the last one said the 'shaft' I changed is bigger than the 'hub' so they padded the hub with 'washers' which was making the grinding sound/movement. He changed the hub and the grinding movement subsided when I tested. Nevertheless the car movement is not stable, seems to wobble a bit. And there is this vibration that occurs whenever I'm removing my leg from the accelerator but not noticed when the car is moving. The mech said a 'gear disc' is bad and need to be changed. Please is this correct?
Re: 'Grinding' Sound On Engine by thebigkendo(m): 12:29pm On Nov 24, 2017
thebigkendo:

sultaan timifakay kingreign AutoElectNG Kashif adanny01 luvinhubby mayor2013 honmusa GAZZUZZ

ugreat:
Thanks thebigkendo. Unfortunately no one responded to this query. All the torn engine mounts have been replaced still problem persist. I have tried three mechs so far, the last one said the 'shaft' I changed is bigger than the 'hub' so they padded the hub with 'washers' which was making the grinding sound/movement. He changed the hub and the grinding movement subsided when I tested. Nevertheless the car movement is not stable, seems to wobble a bit. And there is this vibration that occurs whenever I'm removing my leg from the accelerator but not noticed when the car is moving. The mech said a 'gear disc' is bad and need to be changed. Please is this correct?

Maybe they are not responding because na old car '95 Honda accord (Bullet)
Re: 'Grinding' Sound On Engine by ugreat(m): 1:01pm On Nov 24, 2017
thebigkendo:

Maybe they are not responding because na old car '95 Honda accord (Bullet)
Yea but its just a response. A knowledge shared and help rendered. A man with bicycle today can fly private jet tomorrow. People can extend help regardless of the status or year

1 Like

Re: 'Grinding' Sound On Engine by thebigkendo(m): 1:38pm On Nov 24, 2017
ugreat:

Yea but its just a response. A knowledge shared and help rendered. A man with bicycle today can fly private jet tomorrow. Extend help regardless of the status

I understand... sorry i can't be of help
Re: 'Grinding' Sound On Engine by mayor2013: 4:08pm On Nov 24, 2017
Get the right drive shaft. You might end of damaging your gearbox
Re: 'Grinding' Sound On Engine by ugreat(m): 4:58pm On Nov 24, 2017
mayor2013:
Get the right drive shaft. You might end of damaging your gearbox
Now thats relieving. Thank you Mayor13 for stopping by. How do we know the right shaft?
Re: 'Grinding' Sound On Engine by mayor2013: 11:20pm On Nov 24, 2017
ugreat:

Now thats relieving. Thank you Mayor13 for stopping by. How do we know the right shaft?

Where is yours that was pulled off the car
Re: 'Grinding' Sound On Engine by ugreat(m): 12:18pm On Nov 27, 2017
mayor2013:

Where is yours that was pulled off the car
Unfortunately, i left it with the mechanic

(1) (Reply)

Decent Nigeria Used Car I Can Get For Max Of 900k / Please..i Need Professional Advice On These Auto Scan Codes / Toyota Corolla 2006 LE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.