Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,532 members, 7,801,478 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:52 PM

Buhari Biafra Pension Scam Exposed. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Biafra Pension Scam Exposed. (1056 Views)

Buhari, Biafra, Oduduwa, And The Sahel: A Vast Humanitarian Need And Complex Con / Ajaokuta: Gov. Yahaya Bello’s Scam Exposed / Pension Scam: I Made $544,000 Selling Pure Water — Defendant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Biafra Pension Scam Exposed. by months: 1:12pm On Oct 21, 2017
PENSION CAN ONLY BE COLLECTED BY THE LIVING.

SO, HOW WILL THE LONG DEAD BIAFRA POLICE COLLECT PENSION?

98% OF ALL THOSE WHO FOUGHT IN THE BIAFRA WAR ARE ALREADY DEAD.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Biafra Pension Scam Exposed. by months: 1:14pm On Oct 21, 2017
Pension for Biafra police personnel: Buhari should tackle issue of Igbo marginalisation – Ohanaeze ON OCTOBER 20, 20177:00 AMIN NEWSCOMMENTS …Buhari has shown he’s a statesman—Ikedife …Action not far-reaching —IPAC ..Pay ex-Biafra soldiers, businessmen too–SAG …It’s medicine after death —MASSOB By Chioma Gabriel, Anayo Okoli, Vincent Ujumadu & Ugochukwu Alaribe Following reports of presidential approval of pension for Biafra police personnel, the apex Igbo socio-cultural organisation, Ohanaeze Ndigbo, among other organisations and Igbo leaders have expressed mixed feelings over the development. Nnia Nwodo, President-General of Ohanaeze While some gave kudos to the president for the approval, others dismissed it as an action not far-reaching. President Muhammadu Buhari had, Wednesday, approved the payment of pension for police officers who were granted presidential pardon in year 2000 after serving in the defunct Biafran Police during the 30 months civil war. The personnel who were granted presidential pardon by the then President Olusegun Obasanjo, have not yet received their pension. But a statement released by the Pension Transitional Arrangement Directorate (PTAD) Wednesday, said President Buhari has approved the payment of pension for the personnel. It said a total of 162 officers will be payrolled, while 57 next of kin, who have also not been paid their death benefits, will be paid in the first batch.

The statement also said the first batch of the payment will commence in Enugu today, October 20, 2017. Approval good, but…—Ohanaeze Reacting to the development, yesterday, President-General of Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Chief John Nnia Nwodo, said although it was a good development, it was justice denied for too long. He said: “It’s been 47years since the war ended and many of the people who should benefit from this pension are dead already. That goes to show you how the South-East region has been marginalised and that is why we are harping on it. “It’s not good to be treated like a second class citizen in a country you are supposed to belong. We thank Buhari for this approval but he must tackle the issue of Igbo marginalisation headlong. Buhari must understand that justice delayed is justice denied.” Action not far-reaching—IPAC The South-East Caucus of Inter-Party Action Committee, IPAC, in its reaction, yesterday, dismissed President Muhammadu Buhari’s approval for the Biafra policemen who were granted Presidential pardon to be paid pensions, saying the action was not far-reaching enough to placate the people of the South-East. The South-East caucus of IPAC said the decision was “not enticing at all” going by the level of marginalisation the zone is suffering in the Buhari’s administration. Chairman of the caucus, Prince Emeka Okafor, said President Buhari took the decision because he is being accused of being sentimental against Ndigbo in his running of the country. He said: “Truly, he is not getting it right. As far as we concerned, the Igbo are being marginalised, and he has never hidden it.” Buhari has shown he’s a statesman—Ikedife But former President-General of Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Dr. Dozie Ikedife, commended the decision of Buhari to pay pension to the pardoned retired Biafra police personnel, saying his action was that of a statesman. Ikedife said the action would go a long way to heal the wounds inflicted by the long neglect of the officers whose offence was that they belonged to the Biafra side during the civil war. According to him, decisions of this nature would go a long way towards promoting peace and unity in the country and could also go a long way towards reducing agitations in the country. He said: “The action of the President is good. All these years, nobody had taken them into consideration even after they were granted pardon by the former president in 2000. This is the type of thing Nigerians expect from their leaders.” Also reacting, Mr. Gabriel Okonkwo, who said his late father was among those pardoned in 2000, but died in 2010, said it would give all those concerned a sense of belonging. “Though my father is no longer alive to enjoy his benefit, the mere fact that the Nigerian leader decided to pay them is an indication that he wants to heal the wounds of the civil war,” Okonkwo said.

Pay ex-Biafra soldiers, businessmen In his reaction, Coordinator of Save Aba Group, Mr. St. Moses Ogbonna, asked Buahri to also pay the pension of ex-Biafran soldiers and compensate Igbo businessmen who were only issued 20 pounds at the end of the civil war. He stated that the injustice inflicted on Ndigbo during the war should be addressed in the interest of national cohesion and urged Buhari to act without further delay. He urged Buhari to resettle ex-Biafran soldiers who are now living in penury at the war veteran’s camp at Oji River and other places, stressing that only such effort could heal the pains of the civil war on Ndigbo. It’s medicine after death —MASSOB Also, yesterday, Movement for the Actualization of the Sovereign State of Biafra, MASSOB, described President Buhari’s payment of pension to ex-Biafra policemen as an administration of medicine after death. MASSOB in a statement made available, yesterday, through its National Director of Publicity, Samuel Edeson, said President Buhari used the carrot to placate what it alleged as Nigerian government’s atrocities against Ndigbo and Biafra.
Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/10/pension-biafra-police-personnel-buhari-tackle-issue-igbo-marginalisation-ohanaeze/
Re: Buhari Biafra Pension Scam Exposed. by months: 1:19pm On Oct 21, 2017
LALASTICLALA MYND44 SEUN
Re: Buhari Biafra Pension Scam Exposed. by ExAngel007(f): 1:19pm On Oct 21, 2017
you guys r so selfish

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Biafra Pension Scam Exposed. by months: 1:22pm On Oct 21, 2017
ExAngel007:
you guys r so selfish

Wat is the meaning of dat?

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Biafra Pension Scam Exposed. by ExAngel007(f): 1:28pm On Oct 21, 2017
months:

it means that ipob will never be satisfied with anything

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Biafra Pension Scam Exposed. by months: 1:30pm On Oct 21, 2017
ExAngel007:

who is the ipob here? where are dey?

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Biafra Pension Scam Exposed. by pryme(m): 1:31pm On Oct 21, 2017
months:

So you did not read the part where they mentioned "Next of Kin" too.
How do you know all of the ex Biafra service men are dead.

Look stop wasting your time here,
carry a tray with a big stick and drum around all the south east states, scream at the top of your lungs that those Ppl should reject the money.
Make yourself useful for once to your Ppl.

Now get to it.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Biafra Pension Scam Exposed. by months: 1:34pm On Oct 21, 2017
pryme:

So you did not read the part where they mentioned "Next of Kin" too.
How do you know all of the ex Biafra service men are dead.

Look stop wasting your time here,
carry a tray with a big stick and drum around all the south east states, scream at the top of your lungs that those Ppl should reject the money.
Make yourself useful for once to your Ppl.

Now get to it.

it is a scam, post where it says next of kin.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Biafra Pension Scam Exposed. by pryme(m): 1:39pm On Oct 21, 2017
months:

it is a scam, post where it says next of kin.

Pls read the news again.
Some are happy for this development.

"Your contribution a desperate display of brokenness"

1 Like

Re: Buhari Biafra Pension Scam Exposed. by DonBobes(m): 1:39pm On Oct 21, 2017
ExAngel007:

Leave d Dumyums b. Now der leader has OJUKWULIZED, now der eyes don open.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Biafra Pension Scam Exposed. by months: 1:45pm On Oct 21, 2017
DonBobes:

Leave d Dumyums b. Now der leader has OJUKWULIZED, now der eyes don open.

Post link of where it say next of kin or hold your peace.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Biafra Pension Scam Exposed. by Blue3k(m): 2:16pm On Oct 21, 2017
months:

Post link of where it say next of kin or hold your peace.

This is tragic you made a whole thread without reading the article. How can you be this lazy. It said so in article you posted.

The Pension Transitional Arrangement Directorate (PTAD) Wednesday announced that about 162 of such retired police officers and 57 Next of Kin of those who have died will be paid their pensionbenefits in the first phase of the payment with effect from Friday, October 20, 2017 in Enugu.

Source

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Biafra Pension Scam Exposed. by months: 2:20pm On Oct 21, 2017
Blue3k:

This is tragic you made a whole thread without reading the article. How can you be this lazy. Yes it said next of kin in every article.

So Biafra only had 162 Police personnel and only 57 next of kin?

Are u serious?

That is like 0.5% of the entire Biafra security apparatus.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Biafra Pension Scam Exposed. by vedaxcool(m): 2:20pm On Oct 21, 2017
Blue3k:

This is tragic you made a whole thread without reading the article. How can you be this lazy. Yes it said next of kin in every article.

I wish you have left him ignorant and everyone would understand ipob have brain but refuse to use it. I wonder why they aren't accusing the government of planting monkey pox on the money and calling for its rejection.
Re: Buhari Biafra Pension Scam Exposed. by months: 2:21pm On Oct 21, 2017
vedaxcool:

I wish you have left him ignorant and everyone would understand ipob have brain but refuse to use it. I wonder why they aren't accusing the government of planting monkey pox on the money and calling for its rejection.

Y becos it was worst than i thought?

less than 0.5% and all this noise?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Biafra Pension Scam Exposed. by Blue3k(m): 2:22pm On Oct 21, 2017
vedaxcool:

I think he might be slightly deranged. I already see him shifting the goal post like people like him usually do.

months:

Y becos it was worst than i thought?

less than 0.5% and all this noise?

Stop shifting the goal post. It only further proves you're either deranged or you have a reading disability. This isn't complete list and first batch meaning the rest will be included.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Biafra Pension Scam Exposed. by months: 2:36pm On Oct 21, 2017
Blue3k:

I think he might be slightly deranged. I already see him shifting the goal post like people like him usually do.

Stop shifting the goal post. It only further proves you're either deranged or you have a reading disability. This isn't complete list and first batch meaning the rest will be included.

Na so... U dey tell Joe.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Biafra Pension Scam Exposed. by vedaxcool(m): 2:43pm On Oct 21, 2017
Blue3k:

grin hatred can make one insane indeed
Re: Buhari Biafra Pension Scam Exposed. by months: 2:47pm On Oct 21, 2017
vedaxcool:

grin hatred can make one insane indeed

Wher is the hatred in wat i wrote? Fact are this whole thing is a scam.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Biafra Pension Scam Exposed. by JusticeSeeker: 2:59pm On Oct 21, 2017
In Benue here, many of the ex service men who fought the Biafra war are alive. majority of the military pensioners here were the ones who fought that war

(1) (Reply)

Biafra (IPOB) Press. Hosting Their Family Writer's Convention .pictures / Anambra Election Boycott: IPOB Reacts / Delta : Tension In Ughelli As Female Farmer Stones Herdsman To Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.