Stats: 3,148,927 members, 7,803,038 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 07:47 AM

Have You Ever Been Blessed Through Tithing And Giving In Church? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Have You Ever Been Blessed Through Tithing And Giving In Church? (17874 Views)

7 Types Of Giving In The Church / My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? / The Significance of Tithing and Firstfruits for Believers (2) (3) (4)

Re: Have You Ever Been Blessed Through Tithing And Giving In Church? by OgundijoJustus(m): 10:50am On Oct 22, 2017
Fxwarrior:
HE doesn't pay tithe. He can't have knowledge.

Re: Have You Ever Been Blessed Through Tithing And Giving In Church? by tosyne2much(m): 10:54am On Oct 22, 2017
I have not been faithful with the payment of my tithe recently. But when I was still paying my tithe promptly, I used to receive bountiful testimonies and unmerited favours.

May God give me heart to always pay my tithe like I used to do before

Re: Have You Ever Been Blessed Through Tithing And Giving In Church? by somehow: 10:58am On Oct 22, 2017
Will he go to hell for not paying tithe?
coputa:
Grace!!!,don't abuse it.God is not mocked.
Re: Have You Ever Been Blessed Through Tithing And Giving In Church? by somehow: 10:58am On Oct 22, 2017
Meaning you are a Jewish man and not a Christian?
coputa:
life,living is not a coincidence,it has guiding principles and laws.
Re: Have You Ever Been Blessed Through Tithing And Giving In Church? by openmine(m): 10:59am On Oct 22, 2017
31 “When the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the holy angels with Him, then He will sit on the throne of His glory. 32 All the nations will be gathered before Him, and He will separate them one from another, as a shepherd divides his sheep from the goats. 33 And He will set the sheep on His right hand, but the goats on the left. 34 Then the King will say to those on His right hand, ‘Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom
prepared for you from the foundation of the world: 35
for I was hungry and you gave Me food; I was thirsty and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger and you took Me in; 36 I was naked and you clothed Me; I was sick and you visited Me; I was in prison and you came to Me.’
37 “Then the righteous will answer Him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry and feed You, or thirsty and give You drink? 38 When did we see You a stranger and take You in, or naked and clothe You? 39 Or when did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?’ 40 And the King will answer and say to them, ‘Assuredly, I say to you,
inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.’
41 “Then He will also say to those on the left hand,
‘Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels: 42 for I was hungry and you gave Me no food; I was thirsty and you gave Me no drink; 43 I was a stranger and you did not take Me in, naked and you did not clothe Me, sick and in prison and you did not visit Me.’
44 “Then they also will answer Him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to You?’ 45 Then He will answer them, saying, ‘Assuredly, I say to you,
inasmuch as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.’ 46 And these will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”
Re: Have You Ever Been Blessed Through Tithing And Giving In Church? by somehow: 10:59am On Oct 22, 2017
Why should he pay what's not christian-like?
twilliamx:

At least you give something but seriously bro. Pay your tithe it's profitable. You might be doing better than where you feel you currently are.

Re: Have You Ever Been Blessed Through Tithing And Giving In Church? by Ohanaka295: 11:01am On Oct 22, 2017
Logosclose:
Tithe is a way of helping the church grow. Actually some people give to the mission by going and some people go to the mission by giving. Helping the needy is very good and one of the corporal work of mercy.

Nevertheless, the word of God must spread and the church must grow so our offerings and tithes are essential.

NB: Never give with the intention to receive. May God bless us all

Offerings and tithes are supposed to be given to the temple of God. The priest will present the offerings and tithes to God to bless the handwork of the offerer and thither. The offerings are for the priest, his family and temple while the tithe are to be shared among the discendants of Levi.

Relating it to our generation, the offering is for the church, priest and his household while te tithes are to be used for the poor and less privilege among the worshippers and in the society.

Tithing is an Old Testament practice and is not limited to money. It is the one tenth of your proceeds and it is supposed to be given with a good heart and not because you are expecting a miracle or something in return from God.

God blesses a cheerful giver. You are not meant to be forced or cajoled to give. If we Christians follow the path of Christ and commandments of God, our world will be a good place to live.
Re: Have You Ever Been Blessed Through Tithing And Giving In Church? by somehow: 11:02am On Oct 22, 2017
You are paying tithe to make more money, not because you believe it's for Christians

https://www.nairaland.com/4128712/reason-why-it-sin-pay

OgundijoJustus:
God bless you for this. Some innocent/let me say ignorant christians don't know what tithing is all about they just do anything they wish. I can say that if you pay your tithes regularly and sincerely, there will be a great difference between you and someone who doesn't.

Re: Have You Ever Been Blessed Through Tithing And Giving In Church? by Nobody: 11:06am On Oct 22, 2017
tyup:

remembered giving my only #200 for church project and before it's was evening someone gave me 2,000 that was X10 of the money I gave wink

Who know 's, you might have had N2,200 by the end of the day

Re: Have You Ever Been Blessed Through Tithing And Giving In Church? by 36STATES: 11:13am On Oct 22, 2017
Re: Have You Ever Been Blessed Through Tithing And Giving In Church? by 36STATES: 11:14am On Oct 22, 2017
Andrew3:
While searching for a job in dubai, I went to church on a friday with 500AED in my pocket, The money was for my electricity.
During the choir ministration something came over me and I just went to the alter and dropped the money on the floor. There was
no offering basket also.

Immediately I came back from the service an arab was waiting in his car under my house. I fixed something on his laptop. Someone
had given my number to him while I was in church. He was the HR, Hiring manager at emirate airline, at dubai emirates headquater.
My visa had only 4 days. I had my interview and employment in 2 days. Worked at dubai airport terminal 3 for 6 months resigned for a better job
that came while I was working.

JEHOVAH LIVETH.

Bloody liar. Evil scammer. You sound like 419 Adeboye himself.

Re: Have You Ever Been Blessed Through Tithing And Giving In Church? by victorazyvictor(m): 11:20am On Oct 22, 2017
pacretus:
I noticed that 3 in 5 persons,are against tithing or giving in church and 1 out of this 3 persons that're in favour don't give.

However, tithing and giving is one very important aspect of christianity. I pay my tithes, (not faithfully)give my first fruit, etc and i must say,God has been faithful in his own way towards me financially,health wise and otherwise.

A very good instance,was a day i entered a church and decided to empty all my financial substance to God, I mean my last kobo without the hope of what to eat the next day and miraculously the next day God provided, raw beans and some mighty onions,so that day was fixed up till now. This is just a little of my giving story.
Denying Tithing is like denying God's existence.

Re: Have You Ever Been Blessed Through Tithing And Giving In Church? by Khaliyah(m): 11:31am On Oct 22, 2017
ANBAKO:
I give to the needy and not the "church". That is where my blessing comes from. I never lack since the day I started giving to the needy. That is my interpretation of paying Tithe, sowing seed and giving!

All other gimmicks from so called pastors na wash!!!
Bros o, I encourage ur giving to the needy, is commendable but everyone stops giving to the "CHURCH" how ll the church grow and do things? Is money dy use to buy fuel for services, they print traits for evangelism and other expenses abi u think say money ll fall from heaven
We just got to change dis mentality, it aren't right. Paying tithe or giving to the chur h doesn't stop u from giving to the need and it's vice verca. Here is what 1john 4:20 says 20 If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?
Re: Have You Ever Been Blessed Through Tithing And Giving In Church? by Ohanaka295: 11:36am On Oct 22, 2017
Sparkzl:
Yes lots of time. If you want God to bless you for tithe and offering it must be willingly with a pure heart. Lot of things some people find difficult to get u find it easy. Your salary becomes sufficient and more to spend without your own understanding. You just keep wondering how you had so much to spend by the time you take account at the end of the month

One thing is important attend the right church to pay your tithe. I believe so much in paying tithe. It works for us in our family. Anything we are in need we just turn to God in prayer we remind him of our faithfulness in paying our tithe. believe me God has been faithful. In a miraculous way we never even expect. All the time we are in need Without labour God always provide. If you are faithful God will take care of you.

Good you pay your tithe and offering with good mind. But note, that is not the only reason God is blessing you and your family.
Re: Have You Ever Been Blessed Through Tithing And Giving In Church? by Ohanaka295: 11:46am On Oct 22, 2017
victorazyvictor:

that is not true bro.

Re: Have You Ever Been Blessed Through Tithing And Giving In Church? by galantjoe(m): 11:47am On Oct 22, 2017
OtemSapien:

You only mentioned one out of the twenty occasions you gave and received. What about the other times you gave and same day nobody gave you back? What about the days you didn't give in the church and you received from people?

Very nice question. Christianity had blinded our foresight that average Nigeria don't think reasonably

Re: Have You Ever Been Blessed Through Tithing And Giving In Church? by somehow: 12:05pm On Oct 22, 2017
What do you know about tithing and the origin?
victorazyvictor:

Re: Have You Ever Been Blessed Through Tithing And Giving In Church? by Uhomanbulus110(f): 12:08pm On Oct 22, 2017
Yes
Re: Have You Ever Been Blessed Through Tithing And Giving In Church? by Creamz(m): 12:15pm On Oct 22, 2017
Yes.
Re: Have You Ever Been Blessed Through Tithing And Giving In Church? by oforij(m): 12:17pm On Oct 22, 2017
Tithing has been opening doors for me all round I pay My thith but not regularly I intend doing it regularly though still a student

Re: Have You Ever Been Blessed Through Tithing And Giving In Church? by oforij(m): 12:17pm On Oct 22, 2017
Tithing has been opening doors for me all round I pay My thith but not regularly I intend doing it regularly though still a student
Re: Have You Ever Been Blessed Through Tithing And Giving In Church? by kingdvd(m): 12:23pm On Oct 22, 2017
Are you confused about paying tithe? do you want to know about the proper way to pay your tithe and get truly blessed?
then follow these two links and if you truly know God, the truth you will hear will witness in your spirit, but if you are a papa, mama, bishop, G.O, pastor guy or lady dont bother to watch/listen this because you will only be hearing only those papa voices in your head, you wont know the truth.
But blessed is that one that is not offended in Christ, that seeks after what pleases the Lord Jesus does, that person will be truly blessed

Link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGkoAeBP6uc . Audio: https://soundcloud.com/drsundayadelaja/drsunday-adelaja-on-air-coolfm

Link 2 :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPS9gDNO6Ps&list=PLHEIgEAIukjg4Qw16cx5U3mgWfxugd28O

audio: if u dont have data: https://soundcloud.com/drsundayadelaja/sets/series31-prostitution-of-tithes-and-offering-in-the-church

listen and thank God later
Re: Have You Ever Been Blessed Through Tithing And Giving In Church? by pacretus(m): 12:23pm On Oct 22, 2017
You should have ignored then.
pweetiedee:

If you are doing it for God, it is between you and God.
It isn't our business.
Re: Have You Ever Been Blessed Through Tithing And Giving In Church? by pacretus(m): 12:29pm On Oct 22, 2017
Ee pain am.
win2kwire:

Let me guess monkey, god sent you a receipt for the financial substance.
Or did it go towards buying a private jet for pastor...who might actually be bleeping your wife as extra benefit (if you have one)
People like you are a disgrace to civilization.
DId i force you not to know God.you have stated your worthless point oya run to ur useless gods.abeg don't spoil my sunday groov...meanwhile...
Dances to the altar to give...eh eh eh eh my God is good.o
Re: Have You Ever Been Blessed Through Tithing And Giving In Church? by Lotechi(m): 12:40pm On Oct 22, 2017
I gave a friend who begged me for recharge card #500 when I was serving and the next day my boss in the office gave me 5k....God's blessing is not tied to giving in church or tithing rather it is tied to having empathy and genuinely lending a helping hand to those in need.

Re: Have You Ever Been Blessed Through Tithing And Giving In Church? by Deprofessional(m): 12:42pm On Oct 22, 2017
Sparkzl:
Yes lots of time. If you want God to bless you for tithe and offering it must be willingly with a pure heart. Lot of things some people find difficult to get u find it easy. Your salary becomes sufficient and more to spend without your own understanding. You just keep wondering how you had so much to spend by the time you take account at the end of the month

One thing is important attend the right church to pay your tithe. I believe so much in paying tithe. It works for us in our family. Anything we are in need we just turn to God in prayer we remind him of our faithfulness in paying our tithe. believe me God has been faithful. In a miraculous way we never even expect. All the time we are in need Without labour God always provide. If you are faithful God will take care of you.

What you wrote up there are lies. I don't know you, but I don't need a prophet to tell me that what you wrote up there are as true as the type of testimonies that emanate from the Lords Chosen Church.

Such testimonies include: Changing ss to as
bringing the dead back to life, causing a woman with hunchback to deliver the hunch and it turns to a baby boy.

shouting God of Chosen and armed robbers sleep off

Are you guys not even afraid of God?

Re: Have You Ever Been Blessed Through Tithing And Giving In Church? by pacretus(m): 12:42pm On Oct 22, 2017
Tell me bro, did adeboye scam you.YES or NO.Please don't rant.just answer yes or no.
36STATES:

Bloody liar. Evil scammer. You sound like 419 Adeboye himself.
Re: Have You Ever Been Blessed Through Tithing And Giving In Church? by pacretus(m): 12:45pm On Oct 22, 2017
That was still in the pipe i intended opening a thread for non-church giving,that is alms giving.so for now your contribution is somewhat irrelevant
Lotechi:
I gave a friend who begged me for recharge card #500 when I was serving and the next day my boss in the office gave me 5k....God's blessing is not tied to giving in church or tithing rather it is tied to having empathy and genuinely lending a helping hand to those in need.
Re: Have You Ever Been Blessed Through Tithing And Giving In Church? by Foeniz(m): 12:50pm On Oct 22, 2017
Tithing is one of the major ways that God have change my life for good.
Re: Have You Ever Been Blessed Through Tithing And Giving In Church? by Deprofessional(m): 12:51pm On Oct 22, 2017
pacretus:
Tell me bro, did adeboye scam you.YES or NO.Please don't rant.just answer yes or no.

Capital YES.

When he said he drove on an empty tank from Ore to Lagos.

When he said that God turned the cold weather of US to hot weather because of him.

When he says there is someone here who God will heal of head ache without mentioning names.

When he established or coursed to be established school majority of his tither members cannot afford. Himself having benefited from free education of Roman Catholic.

I can go on and on.

Re: Have You Ever Been Blessed Through Tithing And Giving In Church? by Deprofessional(m): 12:52pm On Oct 22, 2017
pacretus:

Capital YES.

When he said he drove on an empty tank from Ore to Lagos.

When he said that God turned the cold weather of US to hot weather because of him.

When he says there is someone here who God will heal of head ache without mentioning names.

When he established or coursed to be established school majority of his tither members cannot afford. Himself having benefited from free education of Roman Catholic.

I can go on and on.

Bro. emancipate yourself from religious slavery.

Why Young People Don't Like Going To Church - Olamide Obire / ‘lodging God’ In Hotels / 6 Reasons Sunday School Is Important In Your Christian Life

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56