Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,038 members, 7,799,524 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:47 PM

The Story Of A Sad Boy. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Story Of A Sad Boy. (525 Views)

The Story Of Stella 18+ / Prisoner Of Love: The Story / PERFIDY- A STORY OF LOVE,BETRAYAL AND DECEIT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Story Of A Sad Boy. by oluwakayode25(m): 11:43pm On Oct 21, 2017
Hi guys.Am very new to this platform,about 3 days old here and I feel I can write a little, so I wrote a little something tonight and will like you guys to see it,please go soft on me.Thank you as you do,a little of the story below.

James stared far into the night, it was a very cold and lonely night, he was stressed and depressed,he was hungry as well and felt the effects of the alcohol he had from the previous night, he still felt tipsy and nauseated and the hunger pangs were killing him, his mind raced backed to one of the lessons he received at Sunday school, he remembered miss chukwuka talking about having the bread of life and having not to go hungry again, James let out a dry smile, if only he could lay his hands on that bread right now, life will be way much easier he thought, he smiled at the thought of having not to eat his almost tasteless soup again or even eating at mama chidis canteen on credit, his bill was way past 3,000 naira and since he couldn’t afford to pay for now, he started passing a longer route to avoid the ever troublesome and foul mouthed mama chidi, she was 5 times his weight and the thought of mama chidi rough handling him in public sent shivers down his spine, he had seen her fling a customer owing her money one time, she flung the man so hard that he crashed into a pile of dirty utensils, and she went forward to sit on his back refusing to stand up amidst pleas saying she won’t until he paid his debts, and the thought of being flung and sat upon by that fat woman was displeasing to him, worse of it all he hated and avoided embarrassment always like cane in the harmattan , ‘’Nna enh’’ he exclaimed aloud, ‘’kppppppaaaaaaasssshh’’, James was jolted back into reality as he slapped himself hard on his left arm, he was bitten by a mosquito, this one must be very hungry like me too he thought, we are both starving this night he said to himself smiling wryly, just as he was about to rise up from where he sat, he got a text message from mercy his longtime friend who said she needed some cash, James looked up at the sky and felt his eyes feel watery, he was disappointed at himself, mercy had been a good friend whenever he needed her and now when she needed a favor back, he was not able to offer it, he had such high expectations for himself, he had dreams, he used to be strong willed, am I cursed he spoke openly into the cold air, am i being punished for my own sins or my parents, he stood still like someone expecting a reply from an accused person, the only reply he got was the whizzing cough of his landlady that sounded like the asthmatic engine of an old car, she barked at him threatening to lock him outside if he wasn’t ready to step into the house, she let out a hissing sound as she whisked away, James watched her as she walked away, this is one is too agile for her age he thought, he jumped up and stretched his athletic body, just as he was about to close the back door to the house, his phone rang and it was mercy calling, he couldn’t bring himself to talk to her, what am I going to tell her he asked himself, he locked the door and got into his room, closed his door and took a dive into his bed, it’s going to be a very long night he thought.

(1) (Reply)

You Can Achieve Anything Using These 7 Keys / Check Out What Davido Caused On These Two Surviving Lovers (love Story) / Campus Life By Ejeh O John

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.