Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,419 members, 7,800,891 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:37 AM

Why Should Christians Pray For Those Who Hate Them? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Should Christians Pray For Those Who Hate Them? (6874 Views)

Nigerian Christians Pray For Joe Biden's Votes To Be Upturned (Video) / Christians Pray To Water Stain 'Shaped Like Virgin Mary' In Colombia / Apostle Suleman: Christians Pray For Donald Trump Over Impeachment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Should Christians Pray For Those Who Hate Them? by Omooba77: 6:52am On Oct 22, 2017
Sometimes I feel like taking my own pound of flesh when people offends me, why must I not pay back! Alas the word of God will caution me and I feel strong pain for sometimes; later the peace of God overflows my heart. Matthew 5: 44-45

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Should Christians Pray For Those Who Hate Them? by Samsimple(m): 6:59am On Oct 22, 2017
So God will touch thier heart to love people

2 Likes

Re: Why Should Christians Pray For Those Who Hate Them? by DebbyChris(f): 7:04am On Oct 22, 2017
Vengeance belongs to God, allow Him fight for you.

1 Like

Re: Why Should Christians Pray For Those Who Hate Them? by amnesty7: 7:22am On Oct 22, 2017
Vengeance, like greed, is a heavy load. Your heart cannot pump blood and bear grudges at the same time, beside losing precious sleep unnecessarily. So my religion teaches me.

1 Like

Re: Why Should Christians Pray For Those Who Hate Them? by kay29000(m): 8:53am On Oct 22, 2017
Because if you hate them back you are gonna become as weak as they are. When you love people that hate you you automatically become so much more powerful. Besides, it takes so much energy to hate someone/people...who needs that wahala.

1 Like

Re: Why Should Christians Pray For Those Who Hate Them? by RoyalBoutique(m): 8:54am On Oct 22, 2017
Because Christianity is the true religion of peace ... We let our God fight for himself and fight for us

Unlike Islam that doesn't know what peace means

8 Likes

Re: Why Should Christians Pray For Those Who Hate Them? by 12345baba(m): 8:54am On Oct 22, 2017
Nna amarokwamu o
Re: Why Should Christians Pray For Those Who Hate Them? by rottenPussy: 8:56am On Oct 22, 2017
Don’t be fooled man! Looking at the Bible from a logical aspect, it is infact a sin to pray for your enemy.

A case in point, if it was normal and Godly to pray for ones enemy, why didn’t God forgive and pray for lucifer? Why has he made his current existence a temporal purnishment, because the Bible tells us that he (God) has a special retirement home of purnishment for lucifer (the lake of fire)?

Another instance is seen in the case of Jesus Christ. Do you think if he, Jesus was not choosen, he would have tolerated all the pain bestowed on him? Remember at some point, he said Eli Eli lamasabachtani (God please spare me of this sacrifice/purnishment). Then again he said, God forgive them for they know not what they are doing.

At the bolded, if all the pain inflected on Jesus were not in fulfillment of the Godly sacrifice, do you think he would have begged for forgiveness on their behalf, or have you forgotten what happened to all those who attempted to kill Jesus before he learnt about his purpose

I don’t want to argue this seriously undecided

3 Likes

Re: Why Should Christians Pray For Those Who Hate Them? by SoloTu: 8:56am On Oct 22, 2017
Cos we know the orchestrator of all hate - the devil. So, we separate the hater from his hate, knowing that he is being influenced.

1 Like

Re: Why Should Christians Pray For Those Who Hate Them? by Nobody: 8:57am On Oct 22, 2017
Should they?

You pray for the success of your enemy. What if they are seeking to destroy you, then you will have prayed for your own destruction. God forbid!!

1 Like

Re: Why Should Christians Pray For Those Who Hate Them? by ANBAKO: 8:57am On Oct 22, 2017
RoyalBoutique:
Because Christianity is the true religion of peace ... We let our God fight for himself and fight for us

Unlike Islam that doesn't know what peace means

You just show your bigotry, intolerance, shallow-mind and that you are brainwashed. No religion is better than the other.
And you'll now come to preach to me! Your Christianity is insanity.

BTW, I am a "Christian"

4 Likes

Re: Why Should Christians Pray For Those Who Hate Them? by bentlywills(m): 8:57am On Oct 22, 2017
Simple cos we should
Re: Why Should Christians Pray For Those Who Hate Them? by win2kwire: 8:57am On Oct 22, 2017
Forgiveness means that many criminals in society will never get justice and it encourages criminality.
You can see how useless Christianity is in 21st century!

2 Likes

Re: Why Should Christians Pray For Those Who Hate Them? by EazyMoh(m): 8:58am On Oct 22, 2017
Thank God for my realistic religion, I am allowed to avenge any wrong done to me equally.
If you slap me I am allowed to slap you back! I wonder how Many Christians would turn the other cheek?
Re: Why Should Christians Pray For Those Who Hate Them? by Nobody: 8:58am On Oct 22, 2017
Omooba77:
Sometimes I feel like taking my own pound of flesh when people offends me, why must I not pay back! Alas the word of God will caution me and I feel strong pain for sometimes; later the peace of God overflows my heart. Matthew 5: 44-45

Because God commands it.

Romans 12:17-21 ESV

Repay no one evil for evil, but give thought to do what is honorable in the sight of all. If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.” To the contrary, “if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink; for by so doing you will heap burning coals on his head.” Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Matthew 5:44 E

But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,
Ephesians 4:31-32 ESV

Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.
Ephesians 4:32 ESV

Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.
Luke 6:27 ESV

“But I say to you who hear, Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you,

3 Likes

Re: Why Should Christians Pray For Those Who Hate Them? by CAPSLOCKED: 8:59am On Oct 22, 2017

WHY SHOULD CHRISTIANS PRAY AT ALL WHEN GOD ALREADY KNOWS WHAT'S BEST FOR EVERYONE?

GOD ALREADY MADE OUT HIS PLANS SINCE THE BEGINNING OF TIME, SO PRAYING AND ASKING FOR THINGS IS SIMPLY YOU TELLING GOD TO CHANGE HIS ALREADY MADE DIVINE PLANS JUST FOR WHAT YOU WANT,
AND THAT IS VERY RUDE AND DISRESPECTFUL.

PRAYING IS JUST AN ACT OF DISBELIEF AND DOUBTS, AND THEREFORE A LACK OF FAITH.

PS: YOUR PASTOR, WHOEVER HE IS, IS JUST A CONMAN WHO PROBABLY DOESN'T EVEN BELIEVE IN GOD. BUT YOU'RE HIS MONEY MAKING MACHINE SO HE HAS TO KEEP TELLING YOU THOSE STORIES ON THE PULPIT.

HE ASKED ME TO THANK ALL OF YOU ON HIS BEHALF, HE'LL BE ROCKING A NEW SUIT THIS SUNDAY BECAUSE OF YOUR FINANCIAL CONTRIBUTIONS. THANKS.
wink

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Should Christians Pray For Those Who Hate Them? by PotatoSalad(m): 8:59am On Oct 22, 2017
Because two wrongs don't make a right.
Don't even pray for them sef, love them more. Invite them to your house warmings, kill them with love.
They'll implode. Love conquers all.
If they still prove stubborn, beat them up and show them love.
Ada is a stubborn child but mama beat her up and showed her lots of love. Now ada is a potato.
No need for "die by fire, die by fire" totally unnecessary
Re: Why Should Christians Pray For Those Who Hate Them? by hopily(m): 9:00am On Oct 22, 2017
Omooba77:
Father forgive them for they know not what they do.....Jesus the Christ
Re: Why Should Christians Pray For Those Who Hate Them? by twentyk(m): 9:00am On Oct 22, 2017
Teacher- who is your favorite actor

Student- Arnold Schwarzenegger

Teacher- spell it

Student- im only kidding,I prefer jet-li

1 Like

Re: Why Should Christians Pray For Those Who Hate Them? by Silvermoney: 9:00am On Oct 22, 2017
I have not finished praying for myself (and I need PLENTY prayer) or even for those who love and support me, talk less of praying for my enemies. Abeg I no get prayers to waste.
Re: Why Should Christians Pray For Those Who Hate Them? by tstx(m): 9:01am On Oct 22, 2017
Because thats what the white men told their fore fathers during slavery... I speak for the black race

1 Like

Re: Why Should Christians Pray For Those Who Hate Them? by ANBAKO: 9:01am On Oct 22, 2017
surephils:
ADMISSION IS ONGOING FOR JANUARY, 2018..ITS AFFORDABLE

Haaaaaa! When even the whole Filipinos are leaving their country en-mass.

2 Likes

Re: Why Should Christians Pray For Those Who Hate Them? by tstx(m): 9:02am On Oct 22, 2017
EazyMoh:
Thank God for my realistic religion, I am allowed to avenge any wrong done to me equally.
If you slap me I am allowed to slap you back! I wonder how Many Christians would turn the other cheek?
the word is " N0NE'

1 Like

Re: Why Should Christians Pray For Those Who Hate Them? by tstx(m): 9:03am On Oct 22, 2017
DebbyChris:
Vengeance belongs to God, allow Him fight for you.
SMH... may God open your eyea
Re: Why Should Christians Pray For Those Who Hate Them? by Proffdada: 9:05am On Oct 22, 2017
It makes the world safer and better when they're on your side
Re: Why Should Christians Pray For Those Who Hate Them? by Finstar: 9:06am On Oct 22, 2017
The message of love is what some minds can't comprehend.. The best way to win a war is LOVE..
Re: Why Should Christians Pray For Those Who Hate Them? by sonofluc1fer: 9:06am On Oct 22, 2017
It was made for slaves, so the slaves would feel hating their master would be hating God. `just let it be. God has a plan. Be patient. Endure'

That's why Nigerian Christians are such docile imbeciles. The 'Man of God' has taken the place of the slavemaster. One who hates to think for himself, will have others do his thinking.
Re: Why Should Christians Pray For Those Who Hate Them? by RoyalBoutique(m): 9:08am On Oct 22, 2017
ANBAKO:

You just show your bigotry, intolerance, shallow-mind and that you are brainwashed. No religion is better than the other.
And you'll now come to preach to me! Your Christianity is insanity.

BTW, I am a "Christian"

No, you are not a Christian... If you were a Christian you will know that Christians practice true religion of peace and Islam practices confused religion of peace

Useless ábōkì dey form Christian for me
Re: Why Should Christians Pray For Those Who Hate Them? by femi4: 9:09am On Oct 22, 2017
Omooba77:
So that your own sins can be forgiven and nothing hinders your prayers
Re: Why Should Christians Pray For Those Who Hate Them? by Divay22(f): 9:10am On Oct 22, 2017
Vengeance is mine says the Lord...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Who Is A Christian According To The Bible? / Secret Son Of Catholic Priest Stirs Controversy / Book Of Galatians (The "Righteous" Shall Live by Faith)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.