Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,246 members, 7,780,493 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:31 PM

Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church (62060 Views)

Nigerian Pentecostals Believe That A Pastor Must Have A Spiritual Father / " Go To A Bible-Believing Church" ...What Does It Mean?? / Pentecostals Bash Catholics Yet They Celebrate Valentine The Most (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by Spylord48: 8:01am On Oct 22, 2017
jealousy na

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by freshboi88: 8:02am On Oct 22, 2017
Truth is when we begin to engage these protestants and test their understanding of scripture, they will begin to foam in the mouth, but catholics let's not glorify them with replies....the catholic church is still at d centre of Christianity in d world today, no matter how the church is bashed, it will still remain one....not even modernization can change its sacred traditions.... That to me is wonderful

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by amunkita(m): 8:04am On Oct 22, 2017
internationalman:

is worshipping the mother of Jesus not far acceptable than worshipping d mother of pastor's children and d pastor himself?

Hypocrites everywhere... You will hear them saying daddy daddy.. mummy mummy.. Some would even go as far as cooking and washing for pastors when they don't do the same for their families at home.

in as much as i hate people who lose their self respect for their pastors nd wife, u ve not made a point to support the discuss....

17 Likes

Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by Dnaz(m): 8:05am On Oct 22, 2017
[quote author=Sanchez01 post=61654939]
SOME. Those who have their brains formatted and are lazy to read would forever end up believing Pastors rather than God and His Word.

For the Catholic community, it is worse, doctrine is Unscriptural as well as its teachings. Is there a Catholic 'church' that teaches one should pray to God in Jesus' Name rather than go through Mary? [
All Pentecostals are pastor believing including you
There is nothing true about Sola scripture(bible alone) it is a man made doctrine of Luther. It wasn't from Christ or the apostles. Christ left us a Church not the bible. He gave authority to the Church not the bible.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by amunkita(m): 8:09am On Oct 22, 2017
internationalman:

Neither do they instruct we make supplication via pastors.

Any church that does such, aint one either.
Its wriiten, u come to God thru Jesus...

Do i ask you, who is queen of heaven, u guyz adore nd make supplications through.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by internationalman(m): 8:09am On Oct 22, 2017
amunkita:

in as much as i hate people who lose their self respect for their pastors nd wife, u ve not made a point to support the discuss....
No but I only pointed out the hypocritical jibs towards fellow Christians.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by internationalman(m): 8:11am On Oct 22, 2017
amunkita:

Any church that does such, aint one either.
Its wriiten, u come to God thru Jesus...

Do i ask you, who is queen of heaven, u guyz adore nd make supplications through.
mind u I'm not a member.
Attending any churches these days draws u far away from God.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by amunkita(m): 8:13am On Oct 22, 2017
internationalman:

No but I only pointed out the hypocritical jibs towards fellow Christians.

so in essence, u know deep down the catholics nd those who worship their pastors re same

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by Spylord48: 8:14am On Oct 22, 2017
HungerBAD:
Where Mynd44 and Lalasticlacla sef?

Make una come help us let Catholics know why them suppose leave Catholic, and come Mountain of Fire and Miracles Church(MFM) where we serve a living GOD.

so only MFM serve a living God?. you are already judging. Leave Everyman to his own religion. is only God that know the only true religion.
I used to tell people that if really heaven exist, you will suprised that day that those people you are condemning will first you and enter there.
if Catholic are worshiping idols,leave them to worship, if Anglicans are ordaining gays as priest leave them and fight for your own salvation because the race is an individual race,and in the sight of God he doesn't know if you are a pagsin,Anglican, winners, Rccg, Catholic, Muslim, Buddhist, the only identity you will have on that day is your good deeds and not church

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by RoyalBlak007: 8:17am On Oct 22, 2017
♤ Worshipping Statues & pictures?

♤ I'll pass please cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by amunkita(m): 8:19am On Oct 22, 2017
internationalman:
mind u I'm not a member. Attending any churches these days draws u far away from God.
u might be right, if u follow doctrines of Men... Dont forget, the bible encouraged gathering of brethen...

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by Sanchez01: 8:59am On Oct 22, 2017
Dnaz:
All Pentecostals are pastor believing including you
There is nothing true about Sola scripture(bible alone) it is a man made doctrine of Luther. It wasn't from Christ or the apostles. Christ left us a Church not the bible. He gave authority to the Church not the bible.
You should understand that the Pastor is not a man but an office. God use some men who find themselves in this particular office and it is one of the reasons some 'Pentecostals' believe the man in the office easily.

So the Bible is false because purgatory wasn't mentioned or 'taught'?

The Bible is false because it condemns the worship of graven images?

The Bible is false because it does not deitify Mary as an entity to be worshipped but rather, as a vessel whom was used just as it could have been any other person?

The Bible is false because it does not support praying to dead 'saints' and asking them to intercede on our behalf?

Interesting...

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by peterphd(m): 9:01am On Oct 22, 2017
Sanchez01:
The Catholic community is more or less a cultural group. This is harsh but it's the truth. The group's belief and doctrine far contradicts the Bible, particularly with the deitifying of Mary as a ln entity to be worshipped and petitioned.

Setting up statues in strategic places within and around the church and ascribing worship to them is another.

Asking dead and buried 'saints' to pray and intercede on one's behalf is very much far from the dynamics of prayer in the Christian faith.

I taught in a Catholic school during my service year and one funny thing happened while I was supervising a particular class during examination. Without informing/regard, the entire class rose like programmed robots to chant something. Interestingly, their action was triggered by the sound of some distant clock strikes.

Fundamentalism, just as with the sister religion is quite rampant with the Catholic community. Regardless, this isn't an issue because the group's doctrine, belief, practices and teachings quote negate that of Christ and the Scripture. The worship of the Queen of Heaven is second to none to with the Catholic community.

The Angelus prayer.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by internationalman(m): 9:22am On Oct 22, 2017
amunkita:

so in essence, u know deep down the catholics nd those who worship their pastors re same
Exactly...
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by Dnaz(m): 10:01am On Oct 22, 2017
Sanchez01:

You should understand that the Pastor is not a man but an office. God use some men who find themselves in this particular office and it is one of the reasons some 'Pentecostals' believe the man in the office easily.

So the Bible is false because purgatory wasn't mentioned or 'taught'?

The Bible is false because it condemns the worship of graven images?

The Bible is false because it does not deitify Mary as an entity to be worshipped but rather, as a vessel whom was used just as it could have been any other person?

The Bible is false because it does not support praying to dead 'saints' and asking them to intercede on our behalf?

Interesting...

Lol Comprehension is really your problem
I never said Bible is false that is heretical
All scriptures are indeed Profitable ( useful not sufficient ) for reproof and correction of doctrine
But scripture is not the sole authority for our faith. Scripture never says that
The first council of Jerusalem that decided against circumcision for gentiles was definitely unscriptural going by the scriptures of that time

Instead authority was given to the church by Christ and the scripture bear witness to it

if I am delayed, you may know how one ought to behave in the household of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and bulwark of the truth.
1 Timothy 3:15

For the 1st 300/years of Christianity the bible as we know it was non existent but people practiced Christianity

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by Nobody: 10:33am On Oct 22, 2017
UAE123:
It beat my imaginations to see Pentecostal Churches saying that the members of the Catholic Church worship Mary when the word of the Holy Rosary are clearly stated in the bible & most of these Pentecostal members criticizing the Catholic about these days are evening worshipping their Pastors & honoring these Pastors more than their husbands. Some presently even wear the statues of their Pastors on their neck 24 hours a day believing it will always protect them.
These are reasons why I think Catholic are idolaters
an Idolater is a devoted admirer of idols but what does the Bible say about images and idols?

1. Exodus 20:4-5
“Thou shalt not MAKE unto thee ANY graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. Thou shalt not BOW DOWN thyself to them Nor SERVE them.”

Do Catholics MAKE graven images? Yes.
Do Catholics KNEEL down to statues of Mary or Jesus? Yes.
Do Catholics SERVE Mary? Yes, as in “Legion of Mary.”
Do Catholics BOW DOWN and kiss the foot of the pagan god Jupiter which was renamed St Peter? Yes.

2. Leviticus 26:1
“You shall make you NO IDOLS nor GRAVEN IMAGE. Neither rear you up a STANDING IMAGE. Neither shall ye set up any IMAGE OF STONE in your land to bow down unto it.”

Do Catholics rear up STANDING IMAGES? Yes.
Do Catholics set up any IMAGE OF STONE? Yes.

3. Deuteronomy 4:16
“Lest ye corrupt yourselves, and MAKE you a GRAVEN IMAGE, the similitude of ANY FIGURE, the likeness of MALE or FEMALE.”

Do Catholics make graven images of MALE or FEMALE? Yes. Mary is a female. Jesus and the apostles are males.

4. Deuteronomy 16:22
“Neither shalt thou SET thee UP ANY IMAGE: which the Lord thy God HATES.”

Do Catholics SET UP ANY IMAGES? Yes.
Does God HATE IMAGES? Yes.

5. 1 Thessalonians 1:9
“How ye turned to God FROM IDOLS to serve the living and true God.”

Did the early Christians turn FROM IDOLS? Yes.

6. Deuteronomy 27:15
“CURSED be the man that MAKES ANY GRAVEN or MOLTEN IMAGE, an abomination unto the Lord, the work of the hands of the craftsman, and putteth it in a secret place.”

Does God put a curse on any person that makes any image? Yes.
Why does God call an image an ABOMINATION? Because He hates it.

7. The early Christians had NO IMAGES
Early Christian writers such as Irenaeus, Clement, Cyprian, Athanasius and Jerome wrote strongly AGAINST images, statues and any manner of prayer or veneration regarding them. The Council of Constantinople in 381 A.D. voted unanimously to remove all images from the Churches.

8. The Catholic Church removes the second Commandment against MAKING graven images from the list of the Ten Commandments in Exodus 20:1-17. This presents them with the problem of only having 9 Commandments. They resolve this problem by splitting Commandment number 10 into 9 and 10. That is: 9. You shall not covet your neighbour's wife. 10. You shall not covet your neighbour's goods. The following is seen in the book “A brief summary of the Ten Commandments” by the Daughters of St. Paul, p.12, 13:

WHAT ARE THE COMMANDMENTS OF GOD?
The Commandments of God are these ten:
“I am the Lord your God:
1. You shall not have strange Gods before me.
2. You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain.
3. Remember to keep holy the Lord's day.
4. Honor your father and your mother.
5. You shall not kill.
6. You shall not commit adultery.
7. You shall not steal.
8. You shall not bear false witness against your neighbour.
9. You shall not covet your neighbour's wife.
10. You shall not covet your neighbour's goods.” Exodus 20:1-17

The number Two Commandment should be “Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image.” Exodus 20:4. Check your Catechism to see if they have left it out.
9. Every Catholic institution has images of Mary, Jesus and male and female figures. An example of this are two statues at the French Papal Palace of Avignon, one of Jesus about 20 metres above ground level, and the other is an enormous statue of Mary, much larger, grander and higher up than that of Jesus. This gives the greater honour to Mary than Jesus. It also breaks the second Commandment forbidding making images of things in heaven.

Who do we believe, the Word of God or the Catholic Church? “We ought to obey God, rather than men.” Acts 5:29

20 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by Nobody: 10:36am On Oct 22, 2017
Dnaz:

Pentecostals are not bible believing, they are pastor believing churches
They're Bible believing that's why they argue and brainstorm the Bible

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by bahaushe1: 10:37am On Oct 22, 2017
crazygod:
When u start worshipping Mary and praying to her, I think bible considers that as idolatry

There is no difference between he who worships Mary and he who worships Jesus.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by bahaushe1: 10:42am On Oct 22, 2017
Sanchez01:
The Catholic community is more or less a cultural group. This is harsh but it's the truth. The group's belief and doctrine far contradicts the Bible, particularly with the deitifying of Mary as a ln entity to be worshipped and petitioned.

Setting up statues in strategic places within and around the church and ascribing worship to them is another.

Asking dead and buried 'saints' to pray and intercede on one's behalf is very much far from the dynamics of prayer in the Christian faith.

I taught in a Catholic school during my service year and one funny thing happened while I was supervising a particular class during examination. Without informing/regard, the entire class rose like programmed robots to chant something. Interestingly, their action was triggered by the sound of some distant clock strikes.

Fundamentalism, just as with the sister religion is quite rampant with the Catholic community. Regardless, this isn't an issue because the group's doctrine, belief, practices and teachings quote negate that of Christ and the Scripture. The worship of the Queen of Heaven is second to none to with the Catholic community.

Worshipping Jesus, Mary, Saints, and dead people is all the same.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by Andy2274: 10:54am On Oct 22, 2017
Lol! Catholic Church topic today again. The most popular topic on this trend.....we worship images, pray to Mary and saints, we are into idolatry.....leave us alone. Catholics die and Pentecostal also die too. Leave judgment for God and work towards your salvation. If you are not comfortable go hang yourself or hug transformer.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by Didov1(f): 11:19am On Oct 22, 2017
dingbang:
Please I need more reasons... Or is it only Mary issue that forms the bedrock of Catholics not seen as bible believers?
well i think its jst the use of mary's image and the like that made them think the catholic church is nt a bible believing church,bt most of them attend a pastor believing church,anyway let God be the judge,God wnt ask the name of ur church on judgement day
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by dafeyankee: 6:33pm On Oct 22, 2017
Lalasticlacla
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by Ubenedictus(m): 7:08pm On Oct 22, 2017
dingbang:
I decided to hit the nail right through its head and call out all pentecostals (Followers of Martin Luther) in Nairaland to tell the whole world why they think the Catholic Church is not a Bible Believing Church.

On what basis will a Church be termed "Non bible Believing"?

Let's have your Opinions ..

Cc: Seun Mynd44, Dominique, Lalasticlala

what would you expect from people called Protestant? their job is to to protest.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by Benekruku(m): 7:12pm On Oct 22, 2017
Samsimple:
Abeg who get sugar i wan drink garri

I have sugar but no Garri
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by Ubenedictus(m): 7:13pm On Oct 22, 2017
HungerBAD:
The Catholic right?

I am a Christian, and attend a Pentecostal Church. Churches, just like Christianity, is open to individual definition on how they see it and it has no one clear definition. so your question on why people consider the Catholic something else, will get you a lot of different answers, even if majority will be shrouded in ambiguity.

The Catholic Church did not start getting heat today from people. It started from the time the Church deviated from the Bible, and became a POLITICAL PARTY in the 14th and 15th Century.

The Catholic Church became too powerful.

There was a time in Europe, the Catholic Church had their hands in the choosing of Monarchs, and was heavily into financial racketeering. And it is on record that most Pope from that Era were Closet/Open Gays, who liked little boys, and that problem still persists with the amount the Catholic Church around the World keep paying money yearly to little boys molested by Catholic Priests.

And that is why Martin Luther King lead the revolt, that nearly saw the collapse of the Catholic. God bless him.

As an individual, my problem with the Catholic has to do with the way they worship, as it is almost idolatry. Why can't i as a Christian pray to God directly?why do i need one statue, picture or something to intercede for me?why do i need to be calling the name of this Saint or that Saint to intercede on my behalf?

Why do i need to confess my sins in a Booth to another man(Reverend Father) when i can talk to God directly?is the Reverend Father now a gate keeper to God or Heaven?

But all these pale in comparison to one SIN i will never forgive the Catholic for. And that SIN is to make ABLE MEN within WORKING PRIVATE PARTS not be able to MALE LOVE, or have babies just because they want to be Catholic Priests. Who made that DAMN LAW? God put a D--K on a man's body for a reason, but the Catholic, who in some way are claiming GOD are forcing MEN not to use it, because they want to serve God.

God, when he created MAN in the Garden of EDEN noticed after some days he had KONGI. And so he created EVE to be his helper,both in that Department(KONGI) and other Departments. So why is the Catholic Church reversing God's law?

hope you know this isn't true... martin Luther wahala was about salvation and indulgence... there is scandal in the church for all ages, even the apostles had a Judas.

funny enough, celibacy is allowed in the Bible

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by Nobody: 7:13pm On Oct 22, 2017
HungerBAD:
The Catholic right?

I am a Christian, and attend a Pentecostal Church. Churches, just like Christianity, is open to individual definition on how they see it and it has no one clear definition. so your question on why people consider the Catholic something else, will get you a lot of different answers, even if majority will be shrouded in ambiguity.

The Catholic Church did not start getting heat today from people. It started from the time the Church deviated from the Bible, and became a POLITICAL PARTY in the 14th and 15th Century.

The Catholic Church became too powerful.

There was a time in Europe, the Catholic Church had their hands in the choosing of Monarchs, and was heavily into financial racketeering. And it is on record that most Pope from that Era were Closet/Open Gays, who liked little boys, and that problem still persists with the amount the Catholic Church around the World keep paying money yearly to little boys molested by Catholic Priests.

And that is why Martin Luther King lead the revolt, that nearly saw the collapse of the Catholic. God bless him.

As an individual, my problem with the Catholic has to do with the way they worship, as it is almost idolatry. Why can't i as a Christian pray to God directly?why do i need one statue, picture or something to intercede for me?why do i need to be calling the name of this Saint or that Saint to intercede on my behalf?

Why do i need to confess my sins in a Booth to another man(Reverend Father) when i can talk to God directly?is the Reverend Father now a gate keeper to God or Heaven?

But all these pale in comparison to one SIN i will never forgive the Catholic for. And that SIN is to make ABLE MEN with WORKING PRIVATE PARTS not be able to MALE LOVE, or have babies just because they want to be Catholic Priests. Who made that DAMN LAW? God put a D--K on a man's body for a reason, but the Catholic, who in some way are claiming GOD are forcing MEN not to use it, because they want to serve God.

God, when he created MAN in the Garden of EDEN noticed after some days he had KONGI. And so he created EVE to be his helper,both in that Department(KONGI) and other Departments. So why is the Catholic Church reversing God's law?

Martin Luther and not Martin Luther King. The latter was the father of MLK Jr. Who led the American Civil Rights movement.
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by fogechi: 7:14pm On Oct 22, 2017
Gates of hell will not prevail.........Jesus said this because he knew the the devil will fight but will not win.

Abeg pentecoastals continue d bashing ......no shaking the foundation is strong

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by Odianose13(m): 7:14pm On Oct 22, 2017
Na on-top nairaland u wan know the answer?
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by enemyofprogress: 7:15pm On Oct 22, 2017
Una no dey shame Mohammed and his followers go come hear dey laff una in arabic. Walahai some Christians no get brain at all cry cry

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by sisisioge: 7:16pm On Oct 22, 2017
Oh my! I just wanna worship God biko. So long as its not cele and encancan, we are as good as one grin.
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by fogechi: 7:17pm On Oct 22, 2017
Andy2274:
Lol! Catholic Church topic today again. The most popular topic on this trend.....we worship images, pray to Mary and saints, we are into idolatry.....leave us alone. Catholics die and Pentecostal also die too. Leave judgment for God and work towards your salvation. If you are not comfortable go hang yourself or hug transformer.

Yesooo

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by freshboi88: 7:17pm On Oct 22, 2017
fogechi:
Gates of hell will not prevail

Yeah no matter how they try to bring the church down, they wish to see the church scatter, abandon its sacred traditions, but they hve failed, they will always fail

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (30) (Reply)

What Comes To Your Mind When You Hear The Word 'AMORC'? / #EndSARS: Catholic Priests Hold Mass At Lekki Toll Gate / Photo Of Eunice Elisha Olawale Preaching

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.