Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,796 members, 7,802,541 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:09 PM

Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church (62544 Views)

Nigerian Pentecostals Believe That A Pastor Must Have A Spiritual Father / " Go To A Bible-Believing Church" ...What Does It Mean?? / Pentecostals Bash Catholics Yet They Celebrate Valentine The Most (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by tete7000(m): 8:57pm On Oct 22, 2017
joshnes:
You are arguing with yourself. The commandment and the instruction to make the serpent are both in the bible and you don't need a professor to explain them to you. They did not pray to nor worship the serpent. As for your other questions I refer you back to where I said the bible and God does not tolerate idolatry also you can read Romans 1: 21-32.

If you don't know something you should keep shut and stop parabulating. Leave Catholics alone and face front. Whatever argument to support the bronze serpent can be brought forward and Catholics use to support their own beliefs. You are not a Catholic, and I am a Catholic and at no point has the church ever told you she is into idolatry. She compiled the Bible, kept it for over 1000yrs before the birth of protestalism and subsequently Pentecostalism in our age. So to say she is not Bible-believing in self-deluding. Leave Catholics and face your church.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by Nobody: 8:59pm On Oct 22, 2017
giles14:
your mumuness is grade 1.

don't forget the bible you are quoting was preserved compiled by the Catholics priests n monks .

which I guess u could term it fake if u hard known
The truth is bitter. The facts are there and scriptural backings are given. For even insulting shows the truth is piercing to your bone marrow. You better leave that church and attend another since Catholic had remained adamant.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by obayaya(m): 8:59pm On Oct 22, 2017
Proffdada:
do you worship angels?

I don't worship angels neither do I worship Mary. I honor them.

What do you have to say about Jacob's action in Genesis 32:26 when he said "I will never let you go unless you bless me" in deference to an angel.

Was he worshipping the angel?

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by giles14(m): 9:00pm On Oct 22, 2017
Proffdada:
you can't keep honoring a dead mary ,erect graven images which you kneel before every and expect the Holy Spirit to dwell in you
who is the holy spirit
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by tete7000(m): 9:00pm On Oct 22, 2017
joshnes:
the ark is NOT an object of worship. God NEVER asked the Isrealites to worship the ark. NEVER. The ark of the covenant, like the brazen serpent was symbolic. Representing the Holy Spirit filled born again child of God in the new testament era.

This is where I intend to draw you. Catholic too have never told you they worship, these images like you have said are symbolic too. If people can pray within the premises of the ark, why can't any other inspired symbol too do the same? That's has always been the Church argument. If you say God inspired, has God stop inspiring? Has he stopped using symbols? Has he changed?

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by femi4: 9:01pm On Oct 22, 2017
UAE123:
It beat my imaginations to see Pentecostal Churches saying that the members of the Catholic Church worship Mary when the word of the Holy Rosary are clearly stated in the bible & most of these Pentecostal members criticizing the Catholic about these days are evening worshipping their Pastors & honoring these Pastors more than their husbands. Some presently even wear the statues of their Pastors on their neck 24 hours a day believing it will always protect them.
I don't wear anybody around my neck. Speak about those you know and people involved knew it is wrong unlike you and your colleagues trying to justify supplication via Mary
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by osazsky(m): 9:03pm On Oct 22, 2017
Andy2274:
Lol! Catholic Church topic today again. The most popular topic on this trend.....we worship images, pray to Mary and saints, we are into idolatry.....leave us alone. Catholics die and Pentecostal also die too. Leave judgment for God and work towards your salvation. If you are not comfortable go hang yourself or hug transformer.
and who told you that what you have there is the image of Jesus and Mary, these whites don't really deceive us since creation. no one has seen Jesus image or how he looks like, the person u are worshiping his real name Robert powell born 1st June 1944 and the other one DAt did the 2nd version was brain deacon born 13 Feb. 1949 , he married twice first to rule lenska had a daughter for him Lara deacon . his second wife was Natalie bloch. so you better remove those images u think is the image of Christ.those are idols. he go shock una on judgement day when una go see say Jesus Christ na black man and his grand parents were from Africa, I read history a lot so I know wat am saying ,I talk with facts
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by femi4: 9:04pm On Oct 22, 2017
tete7000:

This is where I intend to draw you. Catholic too have never told you they worship, these images like you have said are symbolic too. If people can pray within the premises of the ark, why can't any other inspired symbol too do the same? That's has always been the Church argument. If you say God inspired, has God stop inspiring? Has he stopped using symbols? Has he changed?
Same God inspired you to pray through Mary?

Any inspiration that contradict the scripture is not from God

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by Ubenedictus(m): 9:04pm On Oct 22, 2017
Opakan2:

What is the meaning? kindly tell us.

FYI you can't just say christianity is a cult. Well with the way things are now where just about any nuisance can open a church and claim. pastor or G.O or what have you, performing stage managed "miracles" to fool the gullible sheepies, you might be right.

A cult is birthed when you start having symbols, flags, idols etc. Most especially hierarchy like number 1, 2, 3 etc.

The true religion has been lost over the years with the help of satan's manipulations.

a cult is
a system of religious beliefs and ritual; also
: its body of adherents

so yes Christianity is a cult

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by giles14(m): 9:05pm On Oct 22, 2017
asuustrike2009:

The truth is bitter. The facts are there and scriptural backings are given. For even insulting shows the truth is piercing to your bone marrow. You better leave that church and attend another since Catholic had remained adamant.
which one may I ask?
is it those was who use church offerings titles seed sowing to buy private jets ,exotic cars and building schools that 99% of its members can't afford or attend.

am a Catholic and a proud one

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by Ubenedictus(m): 9:05pm On Oct 22, 2017
Confuciusng:
This is the book you need to read to understand the Catholic Church (even auto correct knows it's a noun �): David Yallop's In God's Name (1984). Then read Daniel 7, yeah the bible. Then research the throne the pope seats on. The bible describes the pope's throne in great detail, meticulously if you get me. Catholics are playing with fire, about a billion souls for the devil.
weldone with the conspiracy theories
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by joshnes(m): 9:06pm On Oct 22, 2017
[quote author=NESTAD post=61675146]You Pentecostals, believe Catholic worship/ idolizes Mary through the Holy Rosary. Point of correction, we Catholics Honour Mary through the Rosary.

In the Bible, Mary clearly spells out her role in eternity:

My soul magnifies the Lord,
And my spirit has rejoiced in God my Savior.
For He has regarded the lowly state of his maidservant;
For behold, henceforth all generations will call me blessed. (Lk 1:46-49)

The Bible says Jesus is magnified by Mary's soul. A soul is eternal and not limited by life on earth. Mary reinforces her eternal ministry by saying "all generations will call me blessed." If the Bible intended Mary's ministry to end with the birth of Jesus, or at his death, or e
Mary used the word magnify to mean praise, bro your own soul can magnify God too. Another thing to understand is that Peter was no pope, he wasn't even the head of the early church sef. James was (Acts 15:13-21). If there was any first pope it will be James the brother of Jesus.
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by DeYoungJoe(m): 9:06pm On Oct 22, 2017
HungerBAD:
The Catholic right?

I am a Christian, and attend a Pentecostal Church. Churches, just like Christianity, is open to individual definition on how they see it and it has no one clear definition. so your question on why people consider the Catholic something else, will get you a lot of different answers, even if majority will be shrouded in ambiguity.

The Catholic Church did not start getting heat today from people. It started from the time the Church deviated from the Bible, and became a POLITICAL PARTY in the 14th and 15th Century.

The Catholic Church became too powerful.

There was a time in Europe, the Catholic Church had their hands in the choosing of Monarchs, and was heavily into financial racketeering. And it is on record that most Pope from that Era were Closet/Open Gays, who liked little boys, and that problem still persists with the amount the Catholic Church around the World keep paying money yearly to little boys molested by Catholic Priests.

And that is why Martin Luther lead the revolt, that nearly saw the collapse of the Catholic. God bless him.

As an individual, my problem with the Catholic has to do with the way they worship, as it is almost idolatry. Why can't i as a Christian pray to God directly?why do i need one statue, picture or something to intercede for me?why do i need to be calling the name of this Saint or that Saint to intercede on my behalf?

Why do i need to confess my sins in a Booth to another man(Reverend Father) when i can talk to God directly?is the Reverend Father now a gate keeper to God or Heaven?

But all these pale in comparison to one SIN i will never forgive the Catholic for. And that SIN is to make ABLE MEN with WORKING PRIVATE PARTS not be able to MAKE LOVE, or have babies just because they want to be Catholic Priests. Who made that DAMN LAW? God put a D--K on a man's body for a reason, but the Catholic, who in some way are claiming GOD are forcing MEN not to use it, because they want to serve God.

God, when he created MAN in the Garden of EDEN noticed after some days he had KONJI. And so he created EVE to be his helper,both in that Department(KONJI) and other Departments. So why is the Catholic Church reversing God's law?

Why did God ask Moses to make an image of snake for the israelites when they were dying of snake bite Instead calling God's name?

Jesus Christ said to his disciples dat any sin dey 4give is 4given,
Finally, Catholic priesthood is not by force and can never be by force, the Reverend fathers never complained, you are just drinking paracetamol on another person's headache

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by zaragoza(m): 9:06pm On Oct 22, 2017
Sanchez01:

I hear this every day. For the record, Christians are not expected to pray THROUGH Christ but in His Name. It is a mark of authority which we enforce in prayers.

I have been in many to the point that I have come to know that the 'mother of god' is to pray for those who claim they worship God.

okay it's no longer 'praying through' it is now 'praying in his name'. If truly u've been to a Catholic Church, u wld know that every prayer begins with 'in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy spirit' and also ends with 'through Christ our lord'. Note that no one prays in the name of Blessed virgin Mary, we only ask her to intercede on our behalf through her son Jesus Christ same way u ask ur pastor to pray for u, what is wrong with ur own mouth that u wld request ur pastors or daddy GO to pray for u? why not pray to Jesus directly? Nobody is worshiping Blessed virgin Mary because she's not God, we only recognise her role in Christianity and Honour her. Remember the wedding in cana in galilee(forgive my spellings) that's a classic example of our Blessed virgin Mary interceeding

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by Nobody: 9:06pm On Oct 22, 2017
OZAOEKPE:

Until you know the role Mother Mary played in the Salvation of mankind my brother you going to hell.
He's not going to any hell. Mary is a human being like you and I. She was just favoured among women on earth. She wasn't the only virgin on earth. She played a role like every other mothers on planet
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by Proffdada: 9:06pm On Oct 22, 2017
obayaya:

I don't worship angels neither do I worship Mary. I honor them.

What do you have to say about Jacob's action in Genesis 32:26 when he said "I will never let you go unless you bless me" in deference to an angel.

Was he worshipping the angel?
what is your pope doing?

Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by Nobody: 9:08pm On Oct 22, 2017
Dnaz:

Pentecostals are not bible believing, they are pastor believing churches
Ouch!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by trigonometry: 9:08pm On Oct 22, 2017
ChristineC:
There's no much difference between Catholic and Islam
because Catholic and Islam are well structured and organized, not some people that doesn't even know what they are doing

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by Nobody: 9:08pm On Oct 22, 2017
giles14:
which one may I ask?
is it those was who use church offerings titles seed sowing to buy private jets ,exotic cars and building schools that 99% of its members can't afford or attend.

am a Catholic and a proud one
It doesn't change the fact that Catholics are idol worshippers.
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by dingbang(m): 9:09pm On Oct 22, 2017
cheesy
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by femi4: 9:09pm On Oct 22, 2017
kayzat:

But it is not idolatry worshipping n praying to Jesus? You guys are just deceiving yourselves.

Why can't we pray directly to God ?
Nobody gets to the Father except through Jesus

John 14:6
6Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by Ubenedictus(m): 9:11pm On Oct 22, 2017
mechanics:
Catholics worship Mary which is not part of the mode of worship in the Bible.

which Catholic told you he worship Mary or you assumed that?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by osazsky(m): 9:11pm On Oct 22, 2017
what u people are worshiping is not Christ, his real name is brain deacon and he married twice no one knows how Christ looks like, brain deacon his very old now and has a daughter pls remove his pic. and images from ur Chc. u are infringing on his fundamental human right. Christ is black I am black
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by donval2121(m): 9:12pm On Oct 22, 2017
I see fool's speaking against the Catholic church. A church that has exited for centuries, fought against Heraces and won the battle, waxing stronger and moving ahead. You don't like Mary but You have your pastors pics and family in your homes, calls them papa and mama and ask them to pray for you via phones but I can't call upon the mother of God Mary and Saints to intercede for me right. I don't like speaking against churches but to say the truth? Pentecostal churches are business ventures and i will never never be a part of it. Proudly a Catholic. Mother Mary Pray for Me.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by Ubenedictus(m): 9:12pm On Oct 22, 2017
ashawopikin:
God bless u. I was a catholic b4. Until i read what d bible said about baptism idolatory and confession of sins
please what does the Bible say about baptism?
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by Mujtahida: 9:12pm On Oct 22, 2017
Sanchez01:

You should understand that the Pastor is not a man but an office. God use some men who find themselves in this particular office and it is one of the reasons some 'Pentecostals' believe the man in the office easily.

So the Bible is false because purgatory wasn't mentioned or 'taught'?

The Bible is false because it condemns the worship of graven images?

The Bible is false because it does not deitify Mary as an entity to be worshipped but rather, as a vessel whom was used just as it could have been any other person?

The Bible is false because it does not support praying to dead 'saints' and asking them to intercede on our behalf?

Interesting...
The New Testament recognises no such thing as an office- not Pastors, evangelists, teachers, bishops etc. Office is precisely what Jesus came to destroy. The New testament only recognises people with functions.You are reading modern developments into the Bible.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by okekekelechib(m): 9:13pm On Oct 22, 2017
I have read comments on this topic n found out that Pentecostals see Catholics as non bible believing cus of Mary, images n saints..... very funny.
1. Can any Pentecostal tell me the essence of proliferation of the house of God all in d name of Anointing..
2. Why are pastors d determinants of salvation.
3. Why pastors are celebrated more than God.
4. As a Pentecostal, do u have dreams? Of yes pls explain y u see people u don't know.
5. Y call d god of Papa this n that.
6. Y do u have d image of Papas in ur home n teach ur wards how best to know him.
7. Y do take or keep ur mom's or dad's pix at home.

My people let's leave the Catholic church alone..
if Pentecostals are God den we Catholics won't make heaven but tnk God they are not. On d last day we shall see..

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by Nobody: 9:13pm On Oct 22, 2017
I guess it's time for the mods to close this thread. Una don try lalasticlala myndd44. All the insults and bigotry have do

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by tete7000(m): 9:14pm On Oct 22, 2017
femi4:
Same God inspired you to pray through Mary?

Any inspiration that contradict the scripture is not from God

Oga go and sleep. I am not interested in arguing with people who pretend to have knowledge they don't posses. Paul had an encounter with God and became a member of the church, is it scriptural that someone claim to have a dream and then start his own church. The whole idea of Pentecostalism if you want to know is also not scriptural to me. So let Catholics be. You know nothing about the scripture you talk about. Leave your confusion for God to judge.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by Proffdada: 9:14pm On Oct 22, 2017
freshboi88:

Do u honor ur own mother??
you mean mary existed before God?
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by DeYoungJoe(m): 9:14pm On Oct 22, 2017
felixomor:
Any church that really obeys the Bible word for word really should not care about the opinion of others.
U are on point
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by Ubenedictus(m): 9:16pm On Oct 22, 2017
Sanchez01:

I hear this every day. For the record, Christians are not expected to pray THROUGH Christ but in His Name. It is a mark of authority which we enforce in prayers.

I have been in many to the point that I have come to know that the 'mother of god' is to pray for those who claim they worship God.

so Paul the apostle was wrong when he prayed through Jesus in romans

“ First, I give thanks to my
God through Jesus Christ for all of you” (1:cool and
“[T] o the only wise God, through Jesus Christ be
glory forever and ever” (16:27).

or you know more than the apostle?

at what point in the mass did you notice Catholics praying through Mary without Jesus as you earlier claimed?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (30) (Reply)

TB Joshua Speaks On Buhari's Health, Naira To Hit 650/US1$ / Apostle Suleman Mobbed By Church Members After His Release From DSS Office. PICS / RCCG Church Built Under High Tension Mast In Lagos (Video, Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.