Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,420 members, 7,808,509 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:49 PM

My Son My Man- A Story - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Son My Man- A Story (24471 Views)

Ndidi And The Telekinesis Man (A Fantasy Romance Novella By Kayode Odusanya) / A Lonely Heart (A Story) / "No Pleasure For Dead Girls" A Story By Mancrimes.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Son My Man- A Story by D9ty7(m): 8:01pm On Oct 27, 2017
CHAPTER 5

Preparation is in top gear for Audrey’s wedding, with the wedding seven days away and the groom due in the country two days away. The members of both families and friends have decided to host a small dinner party. Natasha who is a trained publicist was in charge of the party and one hour into the event, one can say it is a success already. There was enough to eat and drink, and the music was just about right for the different people present. While it is a party for the people at the top of the ladder, the age difference meant the music had to appeal to both young and old. And female soul musician, Asa seem a good pick. “Tasha, you should take a break. The maids will handle the rest.” Audrey’s mother said to Natasha. “I appreciate your concern mum, but I need to do this.” Natasha replied. “But nobody wants a tired looking Chief Bridesmaid on their wedding.” The old lady added. “I understand your concern mum, but this is the last running around I can do for Audrey. Let me just do it.” “Okay, if you insist. How is Philip? And Raymond?” “They are both fine. Raymond traveled to Abuja for a Presidential workshop.” Natasha replied. “That’s wonderful.” The old lady replied. “Anyway, enjoy yourself.” With this, she walked away. The party continued with Tasha running around and ensuring that there was no problem. “Attention everybody.” Audrey’s father said hitting his cup with a spoon. The music died down and all eyes fell on him. “It is time to make a toast.” He added. The next few seconds saw everyone having their cups refilled. “To Natasha, the young woman who made this gathering possible and enjoyable.” “Cheers.” Everyone chorused with their cups raised. Tasha felt a vibration in his hand. Her phone was ringing. She took a step away from the gathering. “Hello darling.” She said on picking up. “Hello Tasha, I just landed at the airport. Can you please come and pick me up?” Raymond asked. “Now?” She asked. “Yes, now.” He replied. “Why don’t you call the house and let them send a driver to you?” “I just feel like having you pick me up.” He insisted. Tasha knowing, argument will lead them nowhere conceded. “Give me half an hour, I’ll be there.” “Okay.” With this the line went dead. Tasha returned into the house in search of a familiar face. “Where have you been?” Leticia asked. “I went to receive a call.” She replied. “Please, I have to run now. There is an emergency and tell Audrey.” “Everything okay?” Leticia asked. “Yeah.” With this, she left for where her car was parked. And a little over a minute later, she drove out. —— Doctor Ayeni has just closed from work and is about heading home. After more than twenty years in service as a medical doctor in state owned hospitals across Lagos state, and brief stints as consultants in some Federal government owned teaching hospitals across the South West, he was two years ago appointed as the Chief Medical Officer of Lagos state University teaching hospital. A position he has handled very well so far which has led to him getting recognitions and awards. Just two years into his tenure as the CMO, he has revamped the teaching hospital and even though state owned, it can compete with Federal government owned hospitals, in terms of equipments and service delivery. “Let me have your bag sir.” A young doctor requested as they met in the hallway leading to the elevator. “Thank you son. Your name is?” “Thompson sir.” The young doctor replied. “I am running my house man ship here. From Lagos state university.” “That’s very nice. You know I studied medicine in the University of Ibadan, had my house man ship in UCH, worked briefly at UCH, then came to LUTH around 1994, the rest they said is history.” The elderly doctor said. “Around the time I was born.” Thompson replied. “What do you say about joining us here? We could use as much brains as we could get. And it is high time we started stepping aside for the younger generation.” Doctor Ayeni asked. By now, the elevator had started to descend. “It will be a dream come true sir.” Thompson replied. “Let me know whenever your residency ends, so we can work something out.” The two men walked out of the elevator into the lobby before proceeding out of the hospital complex into the garage. “Mind if I give you a ride?” “I will appreciate it sir.” Thompson replies as he followed the senior doctor to a designated parking space marked CMO. “Good evening sir.” A voice greeted from behind. “Good evening doctor.” The voice came again. Doctor Ayeni paid no attention to the voice because he knew it was one of the security men asking for ‘something to hol body’ as they call it. “Doctor Ayeni.” Came the voice again. Doctor Ayeni turned to face the voice and standing before him in flesh was a former employee of his, Joel. The one who impregnated his Sister-in-law, putting her future in jeopardy. How much he still despises the young man. ——– Natasha brought her car to a halt just before the shed inside the parking lot where Raymond stood with his bags. She got down and ran into his arms. “I missed you.” He said, planting a kiss on her lips. “How was the workshop and the flight?” She asked, helping him drop his luggage on the backseat. “The workshop is great as always and the flight is just like every domestic flight in this country.” He replied. “I’m sorry for cutting short your fun at Audrey’s party.” “It’s not a big deal.” She replied. The drive continued for minutes until they were stucked in the traffic. “You know, I’ve been thinking or leaving my present job to establish my own company.” She said. After waiting for a response without any forthcoming, she faced Raymond only to realize he was asleep. “Tired much huh?” She asked as she wound up the car windows and let the air conditioner whistle slowly. Twenty minutes later, there was still not a progress with the traffic and Tasha was beginning to get impatient. The reason she doesn’t drive at night in the city. Her vibrating phone cut short her thoughts. “Hello sir.” She answered when she realized it was Doctor Ayeni. ——— Doctor Ayeni was stucked in the traffic too on his drive home, but not because the traffic was unavoidable, buy because he had wasted a lot of time in the hospital chatting up with the August visitor he met in the parking lot. “Hello, Tasha.” He said as soon as the call got connected at the other end. “Hello sir.” Tasha answered. “Where are you? Can you come home tonight?” He asked. “I don’t think so. I’m in the traffic presently and as soon as I am able to move, I will have to pass the night at Raymond’s, it’s closer.” She replied. “Okay, there seem to be a little problem.” Doctor Ayeni began. “Joel came to me at work today and was asking after his child.” “How did he know your place of work?” Tasha asked an obviously stupid question. “Everyone in Lagos knows where I work.” Doctor Ayeni replied. “Anyway, he wants to see his son.” “No way. He has no son here. The boy is mine and mine alone, the father his dead and dead he shall remain.” She replied hotly. “Calm down. He is not coming in as a father figure. He just wants to see him. And from all I saw, he doesn’t have what it takes to be a man not to talk of being a father. He is not going to be a problem.” “Better be cos I cannot afford bring another man into Phillip’s life.” A loud blaring honk from a heavy duty truck from behind made Tasha realize that the traffic was moving. And out of shock, she stepped on the gas causing the car to jerk forward. Raymond woke up with a start. “What’s the matter?” He asked. “I’ve got this.” Tasha replied. A white Sedan overtook Tasha but not without the occupants throwing water at her car which was stopped by the window. “That is for keeping us waiting.” A voice screamed. “Who were you talking to?” Raymond asked. “What?” “You were on a call. Who was it?” He asked again. “Doctor.” She replied. “The conversation seems tensed. Everything okay?” He asked. For a moment, Tasha felt like opening up, but realizing how sensitive Raymond is, she decided against it. “Everything is fine.” She replied.

To be Continued

1 Like

Re: My Son My Man- A Story by D9ty7(m): 8:09pm On Oct 27, 2017

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Son My Man- A Story by adebayo201: 3:09am On Oct 28, 2017
nice update, check this... her not his

Re: My Son My Man- A Story by Lildiamond: 8:14am On Oct 28, 2017
Pls more
Re: My Son My Man- A Story by itsandi(m): 10:21am On Oct 28, 2017
Interesting story... Enjoy other cool stories on Tushstories via

www.tushstories.com

#Click
Re: My Son My Man- A Story by Joislim(f): 8:03pm On Oct 28, 2017
D9ty7 is back. Welcome bro.

Following this, hope this won't end like Thomas Family 'cause I can't shed tears again oo.
Re: My Son My Man- A Story by D9ty7(m): 6:24am On Oct 30, 2017
CHAPTER 6

After days of arguing, Tasha agreed to take her son to meet his father. Not that she had much of a choice, but her reluctance to do it was the main reason for the argument between herself and her Aunt’s husband. And one Saturday morning, at exactly 11:56, she drove into the premises of KFC, a very popular fast food retail restaurant in company of her son. “Mummy, you know I don’t like KFC.” Philip complained. “I know, I just want to meet an old friend and we will leave for Shoprite.” Tasha replied. “But on a couple of conditions.” She added. “What conditions?” The little boy asked. “You only speak when spoken to.” She began. “You are not to question the person we are meeting. Not for anything, not even for his name.” “Is that all?” He asked. “Yes.” She replied. “Let’s go in.” Together, Mother and Son walked into the spacious restaurant which was bustling with people and activities, typical Saturdays. Joel sat alone in a corner with a pack of yoghurt and a half filled cup. “There he is.” She said to Philip as they headed towards the extreme end of the restaurant. Joel stood up immediately he noticed Tasha’s presence. “Hello Natasha.” He greeted opening his arms for a hug. But got a handshake instead. “It’s been ages.” He added. “Please sit.” Pointing to an empty chair at his table. “Is this my….” he caught himself before he could do any damage by breaking their agreement. “Is this your son?” “Yeah, Philip, say hi to my old friend.” Tasha said to the young boy who extended his hand for a handshake with Joel. “Joel.” He said taking the young boy’s hand. “What should they give you?” He asked, even though he secretly prayed that they should decline his request. “We are fine. Thanks.” Natasha declined curtly. “I want Ice cream mum.” Philip replied. “Don’t mind him. He can be mischievous at times.” “No, let him have whatever he wants.” Joel cuts in. “Even you.” He went further. “Don’t mind her and she won’t accept if someone else were to turn down her offer to buy them food.” Philip said. “Tell me more.” Joel requested. “I thought you two are friends, how come you don’t know that about her?” Philip asked. “Old friends. Actually, the last time we met, you weren’t born then….” “Philip, go get yourself a plate of ice cream now.” More like sending him away, Tasha said to Philip who left the table immediately for the freezer. Once the little boy was out of the scene, he faced Tasha expectantly. “What are you doing?” She asked. He knew that face and he could tell she was angry. “Bonding with the boy.” Joel replied. “You call that bonding? Doesn’t look like it. We had an agreement not to bring up any issue that could cause tension.” “And I have kept to my end of the bargain so far.” Joel replied. “Why bring up his birth or anything within that region?” She asked. Joel kept quiet for a while before speaking up, this time with precision and anger. “I hope you know this is my son we are talking about. I have as much right to him as you do. And I don’t need any agreement before I can have access to him.” His voice was calm, but Tasha knew how much each word weighed, but she had the perfect card. “Your son? The one you have been there for right?” She asked. Just then, Philip returned with a plate of ice cream. Without noticing the tension between the two adults, he sat with them and paid them no attention as he licked the cream. Twenty minutes, later, one of the attendants approached Joel with the bill. “One thousand fifty naira?” He asked to be sure. “Yes sir, cash or POS?” She asked. “Cash please.” Joel replied as he dipped his hand into his pocket. But what started as dipping his hand into his pocket led to him dipping his hands into his pockets. His wallet was missing. Even if he doesn’t have much money in there, he still had enough to foot the bills. But where is the wallet. “I think I’ve lost my wallet with the cash in it.” He announced. “Turns out we will use POS then.” He added. Only then did he realize he kept his debit card inside the wallet. He could feel the embarrassment which would follow and he braced himself for it. “Here.” Tasha said to the attendant as she handed her cash. The attendant collected the money and left after muttering thanks. “Thank you.” Joel muttered silently as they left the eatery. “It’s nothing. Shit happens.” They came to a halt before a white Nissan Murano. Tasha pressed the unlock button on the remote key and the SUV flashed it’s headlights. “Nice ride.” Joel complimented. “Thanks.” She mouthed. Before she could react, he opened the door to the driver’s side for her and shut it once she sat comfortably behind the wheel. “Drive safely.” He said as she wound down the window to thank him. “Philip, be good okay?” He waved at the boy who sat on the passenger seat. For the first time in two hours, Tasha smiled as she thanked him once again. She backed the car out of the parking lot and drove off. Joel stood watching as the car slowly joined the highway and once it was out of sight, he started to think of how to get home. But if there was anything he achieved even amidst all the losses, he met his son and spoke to him. Not in a ‘father-capacity’ but he knew it was only a matter of time. He concluded as he pocketed his hands and bounced out of the parking lot with no plan of how to get home. ——— The time was 7:30pm and a Saturday, the normal ‘girls’ night out’ day for Victoria and her friends. Melania is a twenty six years old Nigerian-American. She is a fashion designer and make up artiste by profession. Owner of a couture who have handled so many high profile makeovers for high profile Nigerians. Amina is a twenty five years old daughter of a former governor of Kebbi state and a medical doctor at the Lagos State Teaching hospital. They are the three musketeers or what is known as the ‘three musketees’ judging from their gender. They are all successful ladies in their respective fields and what most Nigerians call independent women, high class chics. “What’s new with you Amina?” Tori asked. “Nothing much except that I save lives everyday, nothing else.” Amina replied. Even with the noise at the bar, the ladies could still hear themselves and have what they call fun. “What about you Tori?” Amina asked. “How was the Abuja workshop. Was the President hot in person?” Tori laughed at the question. “You tell me. Your dad was governor when the President was campaigning and I’m sure you met him then.” “No, he wasn’t President then.” Amina replied. “After his victory he went on a thank you trip across the country and he visited Kebbi state…” “At a time when my father was no longer governor.” Seeing that Amina had answers to all her questions; “The President is actually hot. For a man in his fifties, he is.” She said. “But not my type.” “I know, you love them young. Melania may be interested.” Amina replied. Surprisingly, Melania has been quiet all evening as she was busy on her phone. “Melly, sure you are with us?” Tori asked. “You said?” She asked. “Everything okay?” Amina queried. “Yeah, everything is fine. Check Instagram and see.” The two ladies brought out their phones and opened the Instagram app. A loud gasp and oh my God was the reaction from the two ladies. “Is it Photoshop? Is this real?” Tori asked. “Yeah.” Melania choked on her response as she bursted into tears. As if that was all they needed, the people at the bar were starting to catch a whiff of the happenings as hands could be seen pointing towards the three beautiful ladies who sat alone in the bar. Turns out, Melania’s nude pictures have just been leaked on the internet by her estranged boyfriend who felt hurt with the way their relationship ended and has repeatedly threatened to release the pictures, but she called his bluff. “Let’s get you out of here.” Tori suggested as she led the way while Amina held Melania as they walked amidst stares and people going as far as wanting to ask her.
To be continued
Re: My Son My Man- A Story by queenitee(f): 9:35am On Oct 30, 2017
I don't want Tasha and Joel getykng back together jare

1 Like

Re: My Son My Man- A Story by Lildiamond: 9:45am On Oct 30, 2017
cry
Re: My Son My Man- A Story by Nobody: 6:53pm On Oct 30, 2017
Is gud to know u are back. Looking forward to read the complete story of THE MURDER.
Re: My Son My Man- A Story by popeshemoo(m): 8:29pm On Oct 30, 2017
Oga d9ty7.... Didnt know you are still in the business...... Nice story line
Re: My Son My Man- A Story by D9ty7(m): 8:15am On Nov 03, 2017
CHAPTER 7

Joel returned home very tired and worn out having
trekked for most part of his return home from the
restaurant. He was lucky to meet one of his cousin’s
neighbor driving home and he gave him a ride for the
rest of the journey back home.
He laid down lifelessly as his heart beat faster than
usual and his legs shook even as there were no
pressures on them.
His mind wandered back to his meeting with Natasha.
She was still as beautiful and classy as ever, but the
height of the meeting was getting to see his son for the
first time since his birth, even though the boy doesn’t
know he was meeting his father, he(the father) knew he
was meeting his son.
He felt his pocket for his phone.
Just then the door into the living room opened and his
cousin walked in.
“Hey cuz!” Ike, his cousin called as soon as he
walked into the brightly lit living room.
“Welcome bro.” Joel replied not moving an inch.
“I bought pepper soup. Fish and beef.” Like said as
he settled down on one of the sofas and proceeded to
emptying the contents of the plastic bag he held.
“I chose not to be fooled.” Joel replied not making an
attempt to move, after all, the last time Ike came home
with the news that he bought pepper soup, turned out
he bought roasted plantain, fried fish and groundnut.
Ike ignored him as he emptied the content of the bag.
He proceeded to drop a mini-sized carton of beer on
the table.
The sound of bottles was what piqued Joel’s interest
and the odour that followed made him restless.
Ike would only take beer if there was pepper soup. And
take pepper soup if there was beer. The sound of bottle
means there is beer.
He stood up immediately and sat on the nearest sofa.
“I thought you were joking.” He said as he grabbed a
bottle and gulped the content.
Regular drinkers will tell that it is better to drink a beer
when it is good because it intoxicate less in that state.
“What’s the occasion?” Just as an after thought,
Joel asked.
“I figured you had a bad day and wanted you to
forget it.” Ike replied.
Joel laughed hysterically that he almost choked on
pepper. “What made you think I had a bad day?” He
asked.
“I don’t know.” Ike replied. “Okay, tell me how your
day went.”
Joel took a large chunk from the fish before starting
the story of how his day went.
“The day went well. I met Tasha at KFC and my boy
was with her.” He began.
“What’s his name?”
“Philip. That was the name we agreed to name our
first son when we get married.” Joel replied. “The boy
is cute, though I can’t say if we share much
resemblance, but if anything, he is just as persuasive
as I am.”
“The boy know you are his father?” Ike queried.
“Not exactly, we are kinda taking it slow.” Joel
replied.
“How slow?” Ike asked, his time depicting shock and
surprise. “Did you know what she has told the boy
about his father? She will only demand that you take
things slow if she has given the boy a different tale
about his father.”
“That cannot be true. Tasha doesn’t want to rush
the little boy because it could affect him.”
“A boy of that age is curious to know who his
father is. Nothing can be too much, except she has told
him a lie before now.” Ike explained. “You watch
Nollywood, don’t you? Wake up man.”
The picture was starting to form slowly before Joel.
“Do you think I should call her?” He asked.
“Why would you call her?”.
“To know if she got home safe and to know how my
boy is.” Joel replied.
“Do you have to appear needy and desperate? Why
can’t she call you?” Ike asked. “And by the way, if you
guys spent only two hours together, you should have
been home since or did you go out?”
That was when it hit Joel that he hadn’t told the story
of his lost wallet.
“Bro, I lost my wallet today and the as so
embarrassed cos Tasha had to pay for the things we
took.” Joel replied.
“Still hasn’t answered my question.”
“I trekked.” Joel replied.
The laughter that followed his response made him
regret telling his cousin the truth.
“Your ancestors been trekking since the time of
Moses across the red sea.” Ike added.
Joel stood up, grabbed a bottle of beer and walked out
of the living room.
“I know you want to go and call her, and I promise
you it is a wrong move at the wrong time.” Ike said to
him as he shut the door behind him.

———–

Tasha was sitting alone inside the living room, the
television was on, where a group of football analysts
were arguing on top of their voices as if God was going
to reward them. She half listened to the TV programme
and the remaining part of her attention scrolled through
various Instagram posts.
Her mind drifted off into the activities of the day which
started with a visit to the Pastor who had invited her
for a prayer session. The Pastor in his usual self made
sure she left with something to think about. The man
of God had seen a vision concerning Philip and had
given a warning and how to avert possible problems.
Even though she doesn’t consider herself much of a
Christian, she is simply a church goer who listen to the
word of God through His servants and she never fail to
pay her tithe. She doesn’t follow the doctrine, neither
does she obey all the fundamental rules, but if one
thing, she fears having Pastors see vision about her,
especially the not so good ones.
“Madam, your son is destined for greatness but he
is going to face some tribulations. He has a lot of
battles to fight. To win those battles, he needs you.”
The Man of God had begun. “I know he is a little
troublesome, but the Lord says the boy is lacking
something.” He continued. “Even though he will win the
battles, his stubbornness may prevent him from
winning.”
By this time, Natasha’s heart was pounding and one
could see through her chest. “Where is his father?” The
Pastor asked.
Tasha knew there was no point lying to the man of
God. “We are presently not together, but he is here in
Lagos.”
“A father figure is all your boy needs to face his
battles and win them squarely.” The Pastor
announced. “Peace be unto you my daughter.”

Tasha thanked the Man of God as she exited the
Pastors office into the receptionist’s office where Philip
who had excused them earlier sat.
“Let’s go darling.” Tasha said as they both left the
Church premises.
That was how her session with the Pastor went. It was
after they left the church that they met with Joel at the
eatery.
Talking of Joel. He is Philip’s father and if Philip
needed a father figure, the figure has to come from his
biological father, or by Father figure, the pastor meant
any adult male?
Maybe Raymond will be the father figure Philip needs.
She thought.
Her vibrating phone caught her attention. It was a call
from an unknown number. Unknown because the
number was not saved on her phone, but judging from
the arrangement, the number has been calling her
everyday in the last few days and she has become
familiar with it.
“Hello.” She answered.
“Hello, Tasha.” Joel’s voice came on. “Is this a
good time?” He asked.
“Not exactly.” She replied with a frown.
“Oh! Sorry for disturbing you, I just wanted to know
if you got home safely.” He said.
“We did, thank you.” She replied.
There was silence at the other end. “Okay, goodnight.”
“Wait! Wait! Wait!” Tasha screamed just before he
could end the call.
“Yeah?” Joel asked.
Another moment of silence followed. “I wanted to ask
about your wallet, how did you fix yourself?” She
asked.
Joel chuckled. “I trekked back home.” He answered.
“Seriously?” Tasha asked, concern evident in her
voice.
“Yeah, I did.” He replied. “You should see how tired
I was when I got home. My legs swollen and stuck.”
“You know you could have told me and I would have
given your transport fare?” She asked.
“I know, but I couldn’t, because, seeing you after
five years and asking for money sounds somehow.
Even the food you paid for embarrassed me.” He
replied.
“Okay, I could have given you a ride.” She said.
“I hate to inconvenient people.” He replied.
“You haven’t changed one bit.” She chuckled.
“Neither have you. Still high handed and strict.” He
replied.
“I have to go now, thanks for checking up.”
“It’s the least I can do.” He replied. “Goodnight.”
The line went dead before he could ask when next
they’ll see. But nonetheless, he enjoyed the
conversation. It reminded him of five years ago when
all was good between them.
Maybe we can get back together. He thought as he
returned into the house to relay the news to his cousin.

To be Continued

www.d9ty7stories.com.ng/2017/11/03/son-man-8/ For more

1 Like

Re: My Son My Man- A Story by Spongia1(m): 9:53am On Nov 03, 2017
Very nice story, boss. Following
Re: My Son My Man- A Story by Olabantu(m): 10:38am On Nov 03, 2017
Baba I hope Say u never 4get the pdf of The Murderer u promised is gonna be out this month.... Good job here though could only ask for faster update �
Re: My Son My Man- A Story by aprilwise(m): 11:35am On Nov 03, 2017
such a masterpiece but a seeing dramas and turn around of things.
Re: My Son My Man- A Story by itsandi(m): 2:20pm On Nov 03, 2017
Nice update cheesy Read other interesting stories on Tushstories via

www.tushstories.com

#Click
Re: My Son My Man- A Story by D9ty7(m): 8:18am On Nov 04, 2017
CHAPTER 8
Melania walked into an eatery located very close to her house, the first public appearance she was making after her private pictures hit the internet. Even thought and suggested it was best if she left the country, but her Lawyer and friends think it is best if she put the issue behind her and move on. Even though she has sued her ex-boyfriend whom she believed is responsible for the leak. As she walked in with the worms in her stomach protesting, All eyes turned towards her direction. People will talk, some will even go as far as saying it to your face, but pay them no heed. It shows how strong you are and before you know it, the scandal will be forgotten. Those were the words of her lawyer earlier in the morning when she told him she wanted to go out for a bite. With the words ringing at the back of her mind, she ignored the stares and murmurs and made her way to the counter. “Good morning here.” She said to the attendant who only nodded. “Rice and chicken and hollandia yoghurt.” She ordered. “Take away or plate?” The attendant asked. Even though for a start, she has been advised to take things slow. Which means buying food and taking it home, she felt she was strong enough to sit and eat on public without caring about the stares. “Plate please.” She replied. She waited for a while before her meal was served on a tray. She carried the tray, located an empty table and started walking towards it. “Is she the one?” A voice asked as she walked past a table of four. “She is.” A male voice replied. “It’s all over the internet. If you see her naked body, there is nothing spectacular about it.” “All these celebrity b!tches are fake. Fake eyelashes, fake boobs, you name it. It’s all fake.” The first voice replied. “Do not judge her appearance or private looks. Blame the idiot who leaked the pictures.” A feminine voice replied. “Blame the b!tch who sent or allowed an idiot to take her naked pictures.” A masculine voice replied. It is a known fact that when it comes to bullying the female folks on mistakes made by the two gender, the male folks are at the forefront. In an event of a woman having more than one sexual partners, men who are the partners derive joy in slut-shaming such woman, forgetting that the sex took place between the woman and ‘men.’ “It is high time you men started bullying women on a mistake both gender made.” The lady continued. “A guy requested for his woman’s nudes, that’s wrong. The woman obliged out of trust. That is also wrong. But here you are blaming the woman as if she sent the nude along with a good morning message.” Melania had had enough of the talk about her and all she wanted to do at that moment was storm out of the eatery, but one way or another she found herself at the table where talks about her seems to be the subject of the discussion. “You know what? People make mistakes, I’ve made mine, I’ve learnt and I am on the verge of moving on. Even though this will be a scar for life, but I will weather through it and I suggest you drop my story, pick up yours and make something out of your lives.” As if she had crammed it, she poured everything down. By the time, she was done, she was breathing really hard, and loosing her breathe. Everything started spinning before her eyes, pictures became blur and the sound from the eatery’s television sounded distant and far off. She could feel more pairs of eyes on her now, just that they all had looks of fear and pity. All of a sudden, it appears she was heading to the ground, but before hitting the ground, a pair of strong arms grabbed her, lifted her off her feet and ran out of the eatery. “What’s wrong with her?” A security man asked. “Don’t know, she just collapsed.” Joel replied as he stopped to think of his next move. “Any hospital close to this place?” He asked. “There is a private hospital three streets away.” The security replied. Shouts of Uncle! Can be heard from inside as one of the eatery’s attendant ran outside with a bunch of keys. “The key belongs to her. Looks like her car key.” “Is it remote? Press the unlock button, let us know which one is her car here.” Joel said to the lady who did as she was told and a black colored Mercedes Benz 230 flashed it’s headlight. Joel made a run for the car and the attendant followed.
On the other side of the Island;
Natasha had a satisfied smile of her face as sipped from the cup of wine before her. Two hours ago, Audrey exchanged vows with her long time boyfriend at the Church and here they were at the reception. People from all walks of life are in attendance, relatives, friends and acquaintances were present. As difficult as if was to accept that her best friend is no longer a spinster, she was happy that Audrey is the first of them all to get married, because remembering the story of her love life, one would think she will die being single. All her life, Audrey has only dated one guy, but has been heartbroken more than five times by this same guy. She took more breaks from dating than people who have had more than a partner. She cried her eyes out for him more than people who dated two three men. But here she was, getting married to the guy she has always dated since secondary school. “Are you enjoying yourself?” Tasha asked her Uncle and Aunt who sat at the sane table with herself and Philip. They were all dressed in a uniformed attire, what is known as Aso ebi. One thing that distinguishes a Yoruba party from all other tribes’ party. It is a known fact that the Yorubas love parties that they can organize a party to celebrate the success of a previous party. And wear a different Aso ebi for different hours of the party. “Where is Philip?” Her aunt asked alarmed. It is happening all over again, the same reason she doesn’t take Philip to parties. He always ended up getting missing. “He must have gone off chasing balloons.” Tasha replied based on what happened the last time they went to a wedding ceremony. “And you know I didn’t want to bring him, but you insisted.” She added. “Audrey insisted.” Her Aunt replied. “By the way, is Raymond not coming?” “He said he would. He is expected to close a deal at work today.” Tasha replied. “Okay o.” She needed not to be told how unconvinced her Aunt sounded. “Trust me, he’ll come.” The live band performing on stage stopped singing as the Master of the Ceremony, a very popular comedian continued where he stopped before the music break. “Ladies and gentlemen, history is about to made.” He began. “In the next few minutes, you will witness history and hear some things no one has heard until now.” He paused. “We have some young billionaires in our midst, Ladies and gentlemen, welcome on stage, Mr. Raheem Badmus, co-CEO of RayRah oil to give a speech about the newly married couple.” From where she sat, Tasha could see Raheem approaching the stage with a thunderous applause following him. “Thank you.” He said to the MC as he collected the microphone. “Does Raheem ever go anywhere if Raymond is not there?” Dr. Ayeni who has been silent asked. “No sir.” Tasha replied. Which means Raymond is here. She thought as she brought out her phone to call him. Raheem kept the guest entertained with his speech about the couple, especially the groom. “Just before I leave, I want to tell a story.” He paused. “A few weeks ago, I and my friend visited a friend’s store. Tori’s place to get some stuffs and today my very good friend has taken the permission of the couple to do what needs to be done.” “Also, my friend Raymond is running for the Senate in the upcoming general elections. He picked up his nomination form at the ruling party state headquarters earlier today. We are counting on you for support come the general elections.” The hall went into frenzy as applause followed. “We are never too young to run. Raymond John, where art thou?” Just as planned, Raymond had followed the backdoor into the hall and was approaching the table where the Ayenis sat. “Tasha, what’s up?” Raheem asked as soon as Tasha locked eyes with him. “Tasha, someone’s here for you.” Doctor Ayeni called. She couldn’t believe her eyes as she turned to see Raymond on his knees with a shinny diamond ring. “Natasha, Will you marry me?” He popped the question. “I suggest you people look back because the history is already been made at the back.” Raheem announced and all eyes turned to the back. “Why didn’t you tell me about your Senate ambition?” Tasha whispered. “Not now Tash. We’ll talk about that later.” Raymond hushed her. “Mummy, say yes.” Philip popped up from behind with a smile. Tasha kept mute for a minute, thinking about life so far with Raymond and what to expect from committing the rest of her life to him. It is worth the risk. “Yes, yes, yes.” She replied as Raymond slid the ring on her finger and kissed her passionately. “For a moment I thought you would say no.” He whispered. “For a moment, I knew I was never gonna say no.” She replied as they laughed.
To be continued

1 Like

Re: My Son My Man- A Story by D9ty7(m): 8:20am On Nov 04, 2017
Re: My Son My Man- A Story by afolabiwunmi: 9:47am On Nov 04, 2017
D9ty7 ride on joooooooooooooooooo. Expecting moreeeeeee of ittt.
Re: My Son My Man- A Story by itsandi(m): 10:14am On Nov 04, 2017
Nice update! cheesy Enjoy Intriguing series on Tushstories via

www.tushstories.com/series

Click!
Re: My Son My Man- A Story by mariamferanmi(f): 7:50am On Nov 07, 2017
Welcome back dee, I really miss ur story n dat ur group, tho u didn't mention me I no vex. Stuff, harjibolar, all of una dey here u no fit call me abi cotunu pls where is liyomi I miss u guys. Am here to enjoy the story bring it on dee. grin grin grin grin
Re: My Son My Man- A Story by EkopSparoAyara(m): 10:55am On Nov 07, 2017
D9ty7...have missed u man..ur stories nd other interesting stories made me join nairaland.
I know this one is gonna be a bomb

1 Like

Re: My Son My Man- A Story by melodydennis(f): 1:20pm On Nov 07, 2017
Natasha, pls don't be in a hast oo. Meanwhile, thanks bro
Re: My Son My Man- A Story by Flakkydagirl: 3:20pm On Nov 07, 2017
Welcome back sir
Re: My Son My Man- A Story by remiseyi(m): 3:24pm On Nov 07, 2017
EkopSparoAyara:
D9ty7...have missed u man..ur stories nd other interesting stories made me join nairaland.
I know this one is gonna be a bomb

His stories made me join actually
Re: My Son My Man- A Story by Pricelessangel0(f): 3:27pm On Nov 07, 2017
Flakkydagirl:
Welcome back sir
What about you ma
Re: My Son My Man- A Story by Afz9095(m): 3:40pm On Nov 07, 2017
Flakkydagirl:
Welcome back sir
when are you also coming back ma.
we miss your beautiful story
Re: My Son My Man- A Story by Flakkydagirl: 4:51pm On Nov 07, 2017
Pricelessangel0:

What about you ma
*Smiles....
Re: My Son My Man- A Story by Flakkydagirl: 4:52pm On Nov 07, 2017
Afz9095:
when are you also coming back ma.
we miss your beautiful story
I'll be back.....

1 Like

Re: My Son My Man- A Story by herosakin777(m): 8:22pm On Nov 07, 2017
D9ty7 baba nice to have u back NL generally miss ur great stories May God keep u for us
#Respect
Re: My Son My Man- A Story by sammyendowed(m): 8:48pm On Nov 13, 2017
Oga D9ty7 what's happening again now, no update on the story again, have check ur blog and here countless time nothing to show.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Feud With Akwaeke Emezi - Chimamanda Adichie Tells Her Side Of The Story / The Consequences of Rape - By Classcaptain / Please Help With A Project Topic For English Literature

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.