Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,560 members, 7,801,586 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:35 PM

How Do You Feel The Presence Of God? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do You Feel The Presence Of God? (10375 Views)

Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering / The Meaning Of I Will Prepare A table Before You In The Presence Of Your Enemies / What Is That Experience That Made You Feel/believe That Juju Is Real? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Feel The Presence Of God? by GodsMopol: 12:49pm On Oct 22, 2017
Benekruku:

Re u sure you re saying the truth or an explanation of your imaginations that could have been triggered by love for home videos and fictional movies?

What will he gain from lying

1 Like

Re: How Do You Feel The Presence Of God? by drlaykay(m): 12:50pm On Oct 22, 2017
AnonyNymous:
I don't. I used to try but I realised I was deluded. Extreme excitement of my senses should not be confused with the supernatural. Currently I'm trying to redefine my idea of 'God'. Maybe I'll eventually find out. Maybe there is no God and I'm wasting my time. But thats not of utmost importance to me. What's really important is being the best version of myself I can be- a moral, compassionate, loving human being.
Please give it to God give it to Christ. God is real. I have been in such situations almost at the verge of being an atheist, but thank God who rescued me. There's big difference in what is felt listening to your favourite hip hop artists and what is felt singing and worshiping God.
If you are living fine today, you should be living better once God is a subject

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Feel The Presence Of God? by Promismike(m): 12:51pm On Oct 22, 2017
ZaraGift:
I feel nothing because God is a Nonentity
Now I know why you spew trash on your facebook pages.

I keep wondering why you are so sadist. Today I know the reason.
Re: How Do You Feel The Presence Of God? by amalab30(m): 12:53pm On Oct 22, 2017
My major headache exactly! Over 3000 registered churches in Nigeria alone. Slavery at its peak.

olayinkaboss11:
lol
Everybody is hearing from holy ghost but we have millions of doctrine and dogma.
And if u talk now they will say u need Holy ghost to understand.
why can't the holy ghost be more crystal clear and constitent instead of having more denominations
Re: How Do You Feel The Presence Of God? by Nobody: 12:53pm On Oct 22, 2017
tracyxx:

No it shouldn't embarrass you , what should matter then is his presence. You can control it either by sitting down or kneeling . I usually sit down if not i will fall and hurt my self.

OK.. l see, I will try it.,thank you

1 Like

Re: How Do You Feel The Presence Of God? by Nobody: 12:59pm On Oct 22, 2017
Oches4me:
but the Bible said keep a Sabbath day holy why Sunday.
because he rested on that day in the old testament

this days Christianity is more if the heart of men now. anything u do DAT ur mind is at peace totally is alright. let the holy spirit guide u in all

there are better things to look out for and not .....

1 Like

Re: How Do You Feel The Presence Of God? by GodsMopol: 12:59pm On Oct 22, 2017
Oches4me:
One question I want to ask my Christian friends, is Sunday a Sabbath day or Sunday day that Christian worship.

The simplest answer to your question is, the apostles went about preaching

God seeks true worshippers(every day- John 4:23)

The church building is a place to gather and know more about God, so we can teach others 2 Tim 2:2. Matthew 28:20

God is not particular about the day of worship, give him worship everyday, everywhere - 1 Tim 2:8

Every Christian is a potential evangelist

Ask if you have more questions, I will be glad to help

1 Like

Re: How Do You Feel The Presence Of God? by win2kwire: 1:03pm On Oct 22, 2017
Question by stupid gullible african m0ron: How Do You Feel The Presence Of God?

Answer: the same way you feel juju, witchcraft, spiritual attack and other dated fictitious stories - myths!
Re: How Do You Feel The Presence Of God? by Nbote(m): 1:08pm On Oct 22, 2017
GodsMopol:

Hmmmm, I was tempted to skip your comment and Gods Spirit redirected me back

Please spend more time praying

I pray more now than I hav ever done... I didn't take things serious until a nairalander here sent me some scriptures to pray with and I ignored it. Strangely enough d lady who prayed with me gave me d same scriptures to read and pray with

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Feel The Presence Of God? by Alexylas: 1:09pm On Oct 22, 2017
I have equally had wonderful experiences of God's presence. The bible says out of their bellies shall flow rivers of living water. Often times, I experience my belly rumbling uncontrollably when I'm in the presence of God. Now, when it happens, I don't experience any pain, no urge to vomit nor defaecate, albeit, I just know within me that something supernatural is taking place.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Feel The Presence Of God? by bloodofthelamb(m): 1:14pm On Oct 22, 2017
I AM ALWAYS IN THE PRESENCE OF GOD MOST HIGH...THE FRAGRANCE AND SCENT OF HIS HOLY PRESENCE IS ALL OVER ME...ANNOINTING OF THE HOLY SPIRIT ALL OVER ME..

I AM NOT MAKING THIS UP YOU CAN ALSO COME AND DWELL IN HIS PRESENCE BECAUSE CHRIST JESUS HAS MADE IT POSSIBLE. IT IS REALLY BEAUTIFUL!

1 Like

Re: How Do You Feel The Presence Of God? by Okenwa10: 1:16pm On Oct 22, 2017
WHO ARE YOU AN UNCIRCUMCISED PHILISTIAN TO COMMENT ON CHRISTIAN THREAD? PLEASE STAY IN YOUR SHIT HOLE.
saraki2019:
the only way the feel the presence f God Almighty is through
reading the Holy Qur'an and paying attention to the meaning of the verses
meditating about the wonderful creatures of Allah
doing zikr ( remembrance of Allah)
and if you mean to feel the presence of jesus,
sorry JESUS IS not in this world, you can wait till when HE come for the 2nd time.

op any other way you felt any presence Apart from the above , is the presence f demons and ghost, spirits .jinns
Re: How Do You Feel The Presence Of God? by mayorall(m): 1:21pm On Oct 22, 2017
ZaraGift:
I feel nothing because God is a Nonentity

God is big enough to defend himself... Bsp Oyedepo.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Feel The Presence Of God? by mayorall(m): 1:25pm On Oct 22, 2017
Always with his presence. He's in me, likewise I in him

But I feel him more during praise and worship. I seriously do enjoy myself during those time.

But don't get carried away by those enjoyments, every of his presence is for a manifestation. Remember Jacob during his encounter with destiny. " I will not let you go unless you bless me.

Let God arise and his enemy be scattered. Treble the oh earth in the presence of the God of Israel.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Feel The Presence Of God? by IForgotMyLoginD(f): 1:48pm On Oct 22, 2017
Daily I ask Him to teach me to hear His voice.
To know His voice.

In my case it's a warm glow.. Inside. For some reason I experience an inexplicable feeling of love and joy at once. Most times it comes unannounced. It just jumps at me. Lol. Then I just start to wave my hands and say hallelujah!

One particular day, during my morn devotion, I was praying, and lost myself....on my knees, I found my self still praying but didn't know what I was saying...didn't even hear the words but my lips wer still uttering something. But inside me It was like I was singing! But outwardly I knew I wasn't. I really can't explain it. I pray for more experiences cos you're right, sometimes during devotion, I get distracted. Then I ask the Holy Spirit to speak to me.

anthonydunamis:
During my first few months of getting filled with the Holy Ghost, I could only sense God's Presence while praying fervently in tongues. I thought I could only sense Him whenever He wanted me to. However, I now know that I can sense Him whenever I want to and that makes me enjoy our fellowship even more!

However, this life is full of distractions that can affect our fellowship with God. Different thoughts about work, family, school, movies, the environment, etc

Sometimes, when I allow myself to get distracted from my focus on Him during fellowship, I just quietly say, ‘Jesus’, lifting up my heart to Him at the same time. At that moment, the intensity of His manifest Presence hits me and I’m bathed in His glory once again.

Occasionally, experiencing His Presence could be a calm event; at other times it could get really unconventional! Sometimes, I don’t talk while in His Presence. I don’t say a word. I just curl up in a fetal position as tears roll down by face.

A few years ago, I had a really strange experience. I’d just finished ministering to one of my spiritual daughters over the phone, and His glory was all over the place; both in the room where I was and where she was many miles away! After I was through with the phone call, I remembered what Moses did in the Bible. He was already in God’s Presence and glory before he said, ‘Lord, show me your full glory’. I decided to follow suit.

With the atmosphere in my room still charged with His manifest Presence, I asked, ‘Lord, show me your full glory’.

Instantly, I felt like I had been transported into another realm. I can’t put in words the way I felt all over, inside and outside. Tears started flowing down my face. My nose was runny too, and saliva from my mouth was everywhere. I started jerking like one having an epileptic seizure. All my inhibitions, self-control and comportment were gone. I felt like I was going to burst open! The experience was so intense that I began to plead, ‘Lord, please stop!’

When it all subsided, He told me, ‘That was just a little of My full glory’.

As I write these words, I feel an intensely warm, electric tingle all over my body, from my head to my toes. This happens to me when I think, speak or write about Him. I also feel other sensations when I'm being cautioned by God, when I'm being called to 'emergency prayer' by the Spirit, when I'm feeling hurt by wrongs done against me, etc.

What about you? How do you feel when you are in His presence and glory? Please comment below.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Feel The Presence Of God? by dinomcjohn: 1:49pm On Oct 22, 2017
Op, your experience is truly inspirational. God's presence is truly powerful. I so much long for it. Thanks for sharing

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Feel The Presence Of God? by dinomcjohn: 1:49pm On Oct 22, 2017
Op, your experience is truly inspirational. God's presence is truly powerful. I so much long for it. Thanks for sharing...

1 Like

Re: How Do You Feel The Presence Of God? by Nobody: 2:01pm On Oct 22, 2017
saraki2019:
sorry JESUS IS not in this world, you can wait till when HE come for the 2nd time.

op any other way you felt any presence Apart from the above , is the presence f demons and ghost, spirits .jinns
please carry your rekigion of terrorism out of this thread
Re: How Do You Feel The Presence Of God? by leofab(f): 2:16pm On Oct 22, 2017
fabulousfortune:
U will live to regret dis statement of urs. I can assure u of dat undecided
heaven's spokesman

1 Like

Re: How Do You Feel The Presence Of God? by GodsMopol: 2:29pm On Oct 22, 2017
Nbote:

I pray more now than I hav ever done... I didn't take things serious until a nairalander here sent me some scriptures to pray with and I ignored it. Strangely enough d lady who prayed with me gave me d same scriptures to read and pray with

Well, that's scriptural to pray and not faint

1 Like

Re: How Do You Feel The Presence Of God? by GodsMopol: 2:31pm On Oct 22, 2017
IForgotMyLoginD:
Daily I ask Him to teach me to hear His voice.
To know His voice.

In my case it's a warm glow.. Inside. For some reason I experience an inexplicable feeling of love and joy at once. Most times it comes unannounced. It just jumps at me. Lol. Then I just start to wave my hands and say hallelujah!

One particular day, during my morn devotion, I was praying, and lost myself....on my knees, I found my self still praying but didn't know what I was saying...didn't even hear the words but my lips wer still uttering something. But inside me It was like I was singing! But outwardly I knew I wasn't. I really can't explain it. I pray for more experiences cos you're right, sometimes during devotion, I get distracted. Then I ask the Holy Spirit to speak to me.

May the Lord make you Whole

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Feel The Presence Of God? by Adedoks(m): 2:41pm On Oct 22, 2017
anthonydunamis:
During my first few months of getting filled with the Holy Ghost, I could only sense God's Presence while praying fervently in tongues. I thought I could only sense Him whenever He wanted me to. However, I now know that I can sense Him whenever I want to and that makes me enjoy our fellowship even more!

However, this life is full of distractions that can affect our fellowship with God. Different thoughts about work, family, school, movies, the environment, etc

Sometimes, when I allow myself to get distracted from my focus on Him during fellowship, I just quietly say, ‘Jesus’, lifting up my heart to Him at the same time. At that moment, the intensity of His manifest Presence hits me and I’m bathed in His glory once again.

Occasionally, experiencing His Presence could be a calm event; at other times it could get really unconventional! Sometimes, I don’t talk while in His Presence. I don’t say a word. I just curl up in a fetal position as tears roll down by face.

A few years ago, I had a really strange experience. I’d just finished ministering to one of my spiritual daughters over the phone, and His glory was all over the place; both in the room where I was and where she was many miles away! After I was through with the phone call, I remembered what Moses did in the Bible. He was already in God’s Presence and glory before he said, ‘Lord, show me your full glory’. I decided to follow suit.

With the atmosphere in my room still charged with His manifest Presence, I asked, ‘Lord, show me your full glory’.

Instantly, I felt like I had been transported into another realm. I can’t put in words the way I felt all over, inside and outside. Tears started flowing down my face. My nose was runny too, and saliva from my mouth was everywhere. I started jerking like one having an epileptic seizure. All my inhibitions, self-control and comportment were gone. I felt like I was going to burst open! The experience was so intense that I began to plead, ‘Lord, please stop!’

When it all subsided, He told me, ‘That was just a little of My full glory’.

As I write these words, I feel an intensely warm, electric tingle all over my body, from my head to my toes. This happens to me when I think, speak or write about Him. I also feel other sensations when I'm being cautioned by God, when I'm being called to 'emergency prayer' by the Spirit, when I'm feeling hurt by wrongs done against me, etc.

What about you? How do you feel when you are in His presence and glory? Please comment below.
Hhhmn. I know dis cause I have also tasted of his glory.
Sir if there is one thing I would say to you. Don't trade his presence and glory upon you for anything. I mean anything.
Distractions would come, but do all to avoid them so as not to lose his presence.
It's a terrible thing to once have God and then lose him.
It's terrible than death
Re: How Do You Feel The Presence Of God? by Horlufemi(m): 3:06pm On Oct 22, 2017
CAPSLOCKED:

AFTER READING ALL YOU WROTE ABOVE, I CANNOT HELP BUT SUGGEST YOU GO FOR A MENTAL EXAMINATION.

YOU NEED A PSYCHOLOGIST, A NEUROLOGIST, A PSYCHIATRIST, AND COMMON SENSE.
undecided

Jesus is Lord

1 Like

Re: How Do You Feel The Presence Of God? by Horlufemi(m): 3:12pm On Oct 22, 2017
saraki2019:

After reading the quran I felt an intense urge to kill innocent people for my allah and for muhamed .
Re: How Do You Feel The Presence Of God? by Profkenny1(m): 3:23pm On Oct 22, 2017
You must have read books by the con-artist Benny Hinn grin grin
Re: How Do You Feel The Presence Of God? by yosmen: 3:50pm On Oct 22, 2017
castro316:

Mr sarrki you are right when you said by reading the quran but you also need to act the quran as well. I know many Muslims try their best but you should also understand that christianity is a way of life and not only about our savior Jesus Christ

its all about jesus, no jesus no Christianity and for the record the God of Christians is not the same as Allah.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Feel The Presence Of God? by Nobody: 4:25pm On Oct 22, 2017
leofab:
heaven's spokesman
Nah... buh wait, are u in support of him?
Re: How Do You Feel The Presence Of God? by castro316: 4:26pm On Oct 22, 2017
yosmen:

its all about jesus, no jesus no Christianity and for the record the God of Christians is not the same as Allah.

Keep deceiving yourself. All the prophets in your Quran like prof ibrahim, musa and the likes were they talking to a different God or still the God of the bible? People perish for ignorance and in your own case, refusal to acknowledge the obvious
Re: How Do You Feel The Presence Of God? by 2cute(m): 5:19pm On Oct 22, 2017
Thanks OP for sharing. It's a blessed experience we all should have as God's children. For me, sometimes when I have such experience, I usually would say something like this to God "Father, please take me out of this world already, so I can come be with You". Such experience re-assures me of God's unfailing love for me and that He's with me no matter what. Primarily though, His word is enough reassurance of His love and presence, but that experience always adds so much wait to the claim. The reason for speechlessness and other reactions such as losing physical strength and not being able to stay standing or sitting or rolling on the floor, crying... is because the human body naturally can't contain such manifest glory of God's presence. This also accounts for why people fall under the anointing. The Bible recorded various instances of people not being able to stand while God's presence was present in such heavy proportion. I ask today that the Lord will grant the desire of every nairalander who wants to know God's presence in this manner, in the name of Jesus!
Blessings!

1 Like

Re: How Do You Feel The Presence Of God? by GodsMopol: 6:11pm On Oct 22, 2017
ikechizoba:

exactly, and after that, l always have this pounding headache that makes me so weak..... my problem is the understanding ,l feel like I didn't pray enough after the speaking in tongues

Please meditate on Gal 2:20 bye

See Romans 8:26-27, 1 Corinthians 14:14

See also, and meditate on Acts 2:13, probably, you should picture how its like, when one is filled with wine

Mark 2:22, anyone you don't understand, get back to me.

Do you teach
Re: How Do You Feel The Presence Of God? by Originakalokalo(m): 8:26pm On Oct 22, 2017
God is always with.us.

Yes, there are days we Feel him more.

However, even when you don't feel anything,

He is very present

Don't forget we live by Faith. Not by sight ( ie feeling, seeing, touching, smelling.)

When you feel" like he is far...

He is very close.

We don't need to feel

He said " we will come to you and make our abode with you."

If you do the will of God. You get that. You don't need to Feel.

He is with you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Who Own The Rooster? Bible Quiz! / Merry Christmas O. Eku Odun O, Emi A S'opo E / The Tree Of Life And The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.